Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Target in sight. Theres a literal lightning storm going on.

You have been blessed by a genu-ine Midwestern thunderstorm! Enjoy.

(glad you aren't stuck outside!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Valentine pd literally asked me if im the dude who burned his jeep down last year

Did you link them to this thread?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Now I'm curious about these cashiers.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Dude it started raining as soon as i got out of seeing 'It,' poured the entire time i rode a metal bike up to the highest point for miles around, dumped as i discovered i had every window unzipped on the camper and forgot the rain fly on the tent, then ceased entirely the second i finally got everything buttoned up and me under cover and soaked

How was It?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Those are ancient telegraph line poles right?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's a wonder more people don't flock to live in the glorious nebraska countryside.

Even for Nebraska Valentine is in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Astonishing Wang posted:

Haha I thought it would be cold in Nebraska for some reason :D

It'll be freezing on an average night by the end of October!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

tater_salad posted:

Don't fill in the basement that's where the pool goes

Tear down the house and fill the basement with water!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I can't say I've ever seen or been bitten by one of those in eastern NE so hopefully 14 is save further west.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

FBS posted:

Brian's Winter is probably more appropriate than Hatchet for this thread. Except I think in that book, Brian had a gun...

It's been about 15 years but IIRC the firing pin broke fairly early in the book. Or fairly soon after he retrieved stuff from the plane.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

A couple days ago it was 109. Today it was 55. That's a 54 degree drop in like 2 days.

Welcome to Nebraska!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I once ordered something that started in Des Moines and it gets sent to Chicago, then to Kansas City, then Omaha, and finally to Lincoln. Lincoln is like 4 hours from Des Moines.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Fo3 posted:

Last parts I ordered from the US (CT) went to Kentucky, alaska, Korea, China, Singapore then perth. No idea why my items needs to circle the pacific in it's entirety. Who the gently caress send things to China to get lost in that quagmire of outgoing items? Why did it need to go to alaska of all places?
E: It was sent UPS BTW

When I order stuff from the west coast USA it's usually to sydney, then here, and takes 4 days. (Or singapore then perth), normally using fedex.

Maybe they drove most of the way? :v:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Valentine is a Borg cube now.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

rdb posted:

Perhaps some cash to djdaddo would ease the situation.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Although it's gonna be a tough sell getting people here to pay rent on a patch of grass on top of everything else :v:

Did he elaborate at all as to why he was upset? I know how small towns are, maybe there are people murmuring about how he's got a crazy dude(no offense 14!) camped out on his property now and he's not too happy with how that looks.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Fashionably Great posted:

Have you tried calling the bank to ask why the debit card hasn't shown up?

Yeah at this point there's something else wrong. USPS doesn't take this long to send a letter anywhere in the US so it's either lost or they haven't sent it.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Tremek posted:

Dave and I just conspired to get him the whiffletree ordered. It should be delivered to him next Tuesday or Wednesday.

In the meantime, if one of you feels generous, help Dave find a temporary remedy for the flies...

You're the man Tremek!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Mr. Nice! posted:

In florida you'd use that for boar hunting. I'm not sure there's much spear hunting game in Nebraska.

There's antelope out west, maybe the occasional mountain lion. A few bighorn sheep. Prepare to be assraped by a game warden if you kill any though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Deteriorata posted:

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Seattle anymore

It's hosed up reading about people in coastal cities paying $3000/month for like a sleeping bag inside a garbage can. You can get a 4 bedroom newly constructed house in a really nice part of town for $1500/mo here. And our minimum wage is $9/hr.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 25, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Red_October_7000 posted:

Just remember, Bank of America once asked a dude with no hands for a thumb-print. He offered a toe-print, but they refused. I cannot rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such behavior.

I imagine it was less confusion and more "them's the rules and I'm too lazy to contact someone who can tell me what to do when the rules ain't working." That or the entire organization is so pants on head retarded that there's no one who can even be asked what to do in that situation.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Fire roasted cactus is good except for the part where you learn burning the spines off doesn't get the little ones buried deep

Man you gotta peel em first!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
My previous job that I left in January only gave us checks. Small-medium sized business that didn't even give us the option of direct deposit. It was dumb as hell.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

6th. loving. Flat.

Get this man some no flat tires!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
The spicy jack runza is the poo poo. The Italian runza is best but they only have it every few years.

I had a runza burger for lunch today actually. Don't forget to order frings.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

kzersatz posted:

I heard the same while caught in traffic, immediately cranked up the radio; brewing dudes from Oregon attempting to bring craft beer to flyover Nebraska, neat ideas.

lmao, don't tell the like 30 craft breweries already in operation for years without their enlightened help!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Carpenter Brut rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZwG2pjzUAo

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Time to make a lady friend at the bar who will let you use her shower ;)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

THE CAMPER HAS A WORKING THERMOSTAT AND FURNACE

Nice! Did you have to fix the wiring or did you just not know until you had propane?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Dannywilson posted:

Aaaaand then Warp Riders fucks with my state of mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjKI_U9ENwU

E: goddamn I love that album cover.

I'm not really a metal guy but this fuckin' rules hard.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I didn't even know there were porcupines in Nebraska!

Apparently they're moving east: https://communityenvironment.unl.edu/porcupine-0

In 30 years we'll be overrun with porcupines and armadillos.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

El Jebus posted:

You drank straight from the bottle, didn't you?

Butt chugged it.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Lovecraftian brake lines?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Is...is that a rattlesnake?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Y'all are tying it down somehow right?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Plans had to be modified and executed given materials on hand and available windows of opportunity. The alternative puts us outside the window of extraction, leaving me with no license on a bike in Nebraska with winter closing in. It's already getting below freezing at night, we gotta get it out while we still can and everyone's schedules cooperated

Yeah you really don't want to be outside during the winter/late fall. Any later than this and you're going to start freezing your balls off even if you were well equipped. I think you're making the right call to pack up for warmer climes.

Just please make sure the drat thing doesn't fall off the trailer.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

First meal on the road. Cooked cabbage and onion rings

Please make sure you get Runza before leaving NE. Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Literally where we went

I figured that was probably it by that combination but I wanted to make sure you didn't miss out :v:

• Locked thread