Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Tell her to come help turn wrenches :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I have really enjoyed reading along with this and participating where I could, this has been absolutely fantastic.

Thank you everyone and I am really looking forward to next year.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

There should be elastic lines that clip into hooks under the bed shelves of the trailer that keep the canvas taught and relatively resistant to bug infiltration.

If you can raise the roof up, the door should seal with Velcro to the canvas as well.

There's no such thing as a fly proof tent/camper, but when it's all working it should mitigate the invertebrate infestations significantly.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Do. Not. Tow. Camper. With. A. Bike.

Jesus Christ you guys.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

TWSS posted:

I'm pretty sure he lives in Alberta.

Correct. Entirely the wrong direction.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

How are the threads on the shaft? Intact?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DICK DICER posted:

No overhead lights and no propane to check my propane accessories but other than the door frame not sitting correctly, almost

Pygmy love circus - drug run to Fontana

https://youtu.be/_MJsvDdaXcA

Check under the drapes along the top of the door frame, there should be some nylon butterfly bolt heads there to secure the top of the door to the roof.

I'm assuming there is an aluminium plate mounted on the top of the door frame itself, if yours is anything like mine was.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DICK DICER posted:

Oh there is, but the only rotted wood in the entire place is where it used to screw in

Ah, I see. Well that's unfortunate, but possibly fixable.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DICK DICER posted:

At least the only gas I smell is definitely not propane

So, one time when I was a wee lad, I was camping with the family. We had a nice old 23' wilderness trailer, bunks in the back for us kids, a double up front for the parents, furnace right at the head of the bunks, water heater, luxury - things were good in the Canadian Rockies.

So one day Dad was thoroughly enjoying his cheap scotch after a long hard week of work, and we all turn in at nightfall. Now, for safety, dad had installed an electric propane detector near the furnace, for safety you see. Well, this night Dad decided to play a little prank on young Slung Blade, and he ripped a monster fart just as he was walking past my bed.

Now, if you're familiar with genre, scotch farts are a special brand of awful. Cheap scotch is especially bad for this, and the smell was incredible. We groaned, yelled, laughed, twas all good fun. But the cloud spread.

Turns out propane detectors are just as good at detecting heinous farts as they are propane.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

MullardEL34 posted:

In other news, I may have figured out why dave's camper lights aren't working. He's got a 12V power converter/charging system on board the camper, and it needs a 12V battery connected in circuit in order for the interior lights to function. The battery is usually stored in a box in front of the propane tanks and Dave said that there are a pair of wires there. I suggested using the truck battery temporarily. Yes, it's not deep cycle, but the lights are pretty low current drain, and the power converter would keep the truck battery topped off without needing DJDADDO's battery charger.

That should work fine.

Modern RVs don't even need batteries to have functional interior electrics, there's some kind of bypass circuit built in for anything newer than late ninetys or so, I think.

Dave, does the fridge not work? Or is it purely an ice box? Mine had a pilot light but it was a pain to light, it was also three way power, so it could work off of 12vdc 120ac, or just propane.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

^^^yeah I know, sorry I was just explaining for other folks who aren't familiar with RVs, that's why I said it should work, but I should have added "with the truck battery in place" to be explicit, I've been sick all week so I apologize.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Propane fridges are universally poo poo though.

All the ones I've ever used seemed perfectly serviceable. Even the one in my tent trailer was ok as long as the external grate wasn't in sunlight all day (the temperature setting dial was worthless though, it was 1-10 with no indication of which side was colder).

Slung Blade fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 9, 2017

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

DICK DICER posted:

I just now discovered the underside of the extending bed platforms have little hooks so you can snug the canvas tight around it

God dammit I tried to tell you about those when you were fighting the biting insect menace. :smith:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hey Sims do you still have the old engine from the trukk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Aww, I donated money years ago to the project hoping to get the crankshaft so I could make a thing out of it. :smith:

No matter, went to a good cause.

• Locked thread