Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nm posted:

Ogallala Greyhound lists a local phone number while North Platte lists the generic 800 number.
That leads me to believe that it is staffed by someone who works for/represents greyhound unlike North Platte.

I assume it's like Uhaul and some station employee is 'grayhound trained' to hand out tickets and they have a separate register for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Communism posted:

Temek, you're a Good Dude.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

T1g4h posted:

I was wondering why the hell we kept getting new member requests nonstop :v:

Reminder: Answer the drat questions so we know you're not some random bot.

did i get it right?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no way

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'd trust fedex about a million times more than geyhound.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What are you doing for power again. I must have missed that.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nidhg00670000 posted:

So, just out of curiosity, how much for a decent house in Valentine?

Looks like for the price of a 4BR single family home where I live I can get about 160 acres with a river running through it. (700k ish)

http://heartlandcountry.net/properties/160-acres-snake-river/

For a cute, but slightly dated house, around 70k ish.

http://heartlandcountry.net/properties/428-n-macomb-street-3/

Or you can buy a what looks like a bar.

http://heartlandcountry.net/properties/140-w-2nd-street/

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Astonishing Wang posted:

Haha I thought it would be cold in Nebraska for some reason :D

It will be...

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DICK DICER posted:

The house I put a garbage disposal into last year is up for rent. $550 a month gets you a 2BR 2 story plus full basement and a driveway big enough for 4 cars

I need to move to bumblefuck nebraska

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheNothingNew posted:

I'd like to thank everyone for their music recommendations, there's a lot of good stuff here.

Really enjoyed Nekrogoblikon, and I think I need to lock myself in a room with a couple Igorrr albums and see what emerges.

Feel like I could get laughed out of this thread for recommending :Wumpscut:, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, or Emperor, and that delights me.

I'm getting into all of these Nothern Kings covers.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is it a qd?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
quick disconnect it looks weird because there's nothing on the outside threads of the tank

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you can also do the exchange option at like home depot or whatever if they have a blue rhino setup, then no one looks at the lovely old tank you put back into the cage

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
are you sure it's not a mr. fusion?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DICK DICER posted:

I've got liners in both tires. Nebraska wants me dead.

BECAUSE NOW THE loving GEESE ARE HERE

Why not just go with solid tires at this point? The like 10-15% efficiency loss would probably be more than made up by not getting flats anymore.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DICK DICER posted:

Whats that going to do for the goose situation

Also How do I get liquid nails name brand off anything I didn't want it all over, like, say for example loving everything within a 6 foot radius of the work area

are any of these the size of your tires?

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-A-Flat-1-75-Tube-Yellow-24-Inch/dp/B00S0N8WM2/

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how about these?

https://www.amazon.com/Cycling-Infl...ike+tires&psc=1

e: I think they are too skinny

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pm me your info, i have enough amazon points to get those to you if they will help your flat situation.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Shoot me your shipping info and the bike shall ride again (with new pads)

e: these?

https://www.amazon.com/Shimano-B01S-Resin-Pad-Spring/dp/B001GSKOGA

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I sent some stuff to "Mr. Dick Dicer" hopefully I'm not on a watch list now.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I could only take like 10 min of that.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
time for solid tubes my man

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I ordered dick some back up nicotine patches for times like this that he runs out of cigs.

and somehow has 3 flat tires on a bike

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Glad you're liking the jerkey, I would have gone for something better than jack links, but uh, gently caress amazon and their 3rd party shipping for weird jerky and the prices.

For eveyone else's info the jerky was the perfect price to get free shipping on brake pads, hopefully they are the right ones.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol that stuff is panther piss, i missed that the first time around. we used that plenty when I interned for two summers at CNH.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DICK DICER posted:

That poo poo is so good isn't it

Yeah, the old-timey mechanics didn't really trust me with too much since i was interning in the electronics dept :v:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So uhhh.... doing the rough maths here, that is 39 litres per 100 kms. loving hell, I hope you got a huge fuel tank.

This is America the land of cheap gas. Figure 6 mpg, 1500 miles, $3 a gallon and it's like 750 bucks to move the truck like 3/4 of the way across the country.

e: For the EU people in the thread, it's roughly Frankfort to Athens.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 23, 2017

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I think y'all are missing the more important thing in the fine print, which is that they apparently need 12 hours notice to prepare this monstrosity. So if you're gonna do this challenge, you've got 12 hours to prepare/consider the life decisions you've made that led you to this point.

It's only like 2300 calories of gravy. and a few grams of sodium.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It does need more hash browns, sausage gravy over hash browns is some of the best poo poo every, second to cream chipped beef though.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Well apparently it's only about 15 minutes of eating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w66tiuWZjFE

e: 15 minutes of video, like 7 minutes of eating. gently caress

Yeah, pro eaters are a whole 'nother leave. When you chug as much water as you possibly can to streach out your stomach and get it used to taking in like 10 lbs of food, um, i guess you're an athlete.

But most of them are really in shape, but they don't practice by eating though, which is why the fat guy always loses.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm going to the training facility in a town called Lyndhurst
I have no idea where that is in relation to Roanoke. :v:

What the hell are you training in? Hiking the Appalachian Trail?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ExplodingSims posted:

Working on industrial refrigeration systems. This includes working on ammonia systems, and other weird stuff like that.

Basically the biggest kind of big systems, stuff like this:

Ah, is that the kind of thing that they build near huge railway/trucking depots to basically keep a whole warehouse cold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ExplodingSims posted:

Pretty much, yeah. This is the kinda stuff used in factories to keep giant walks in cold, or tons of product chilled, or running process chillers.

Location makes way more sense then.

• Locked thread