Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Garbage Dick posted:

I've read up on the process, and it's basically like anything else that could kill my rear end instantly. Make sure it's clean. Make sure you are deliberate and not cut corners.

KNOW AND RESPECT THE TRAJECTORY DANGER ZONE (click me)

I mean I did do tires for a decade, I know what I'm doing I'M A PROFESSIONAL

Hoooooooooooly poo poo that's just.... yeah no thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

What the gently caress is going on in here :stare:

Something truly amazing

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Proof of life, thread is epic beyond all words

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Okay so I'm not closely following this thread but.... it's a fuel injected 350 going into the dump truck? That's correct?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

What the hell is Panther Piss, apart from some sort of evil alcoholic beverage?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Incredible. Thank you all for allowing me to be part of this story. Its really brought my life back and I can't put a price on how much that means to me

Something good is coming out of this year.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

What exactly is the legality of driving this thing anyway? Surely you cant just jump in and drive it, so whats required so you dont get pulled over and told to walk?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Why not? It's registered, tagged and insured?

Now, noise violations might be another story though. :v:

Well given I dont know the laws there and here Down Under there would be zero way it would be allowed without at least a UVP inspection..... it's for my own interest to know :)

So, basically as long as it's insured and tagged correctly, it's fine, no matter the mods in question?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

*checks current Valentine temp*

-17C?????

gently caress that, stay inside and stay warm

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The concept of it being -10C and completely clear just fucks with my brain. Especially at midday. I've only ever been in -10C once and gently caress that poo poo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

gently caress that sub zero poo poo, I'll stick to cycling in cool of the evening when it's gone down to 39C

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

WITNESSED!

THE GATES OF VALHALLA ARE INSCRIBED WITH YOUR NAME

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Speaking as someone who has never touched anything illicit and barely even alcohol.... this present turn this thread has taken is genuinely interesting. Not that I would want to get stoned or whatever, more educational

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

And here I was thinking it was cool at 20C this morning

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sexual Lorax posted:

As long as he doesn't do it with a valve stem going about a thousand miles per hour in the next day or two, it's cool.

It'll just catch fire instead.

Uhhhh.... do I dare google what the gently caress a Jacobs Ladder is....?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

4 bar 10 gauge "ladder" which all too suddenly became 3

<pinky>Did you know Brain, when you open your mouth strange sounds come out?</pinky>

I have literally no idea what that means

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

You can't read this thread without googling that. You know you must.

The Locator posted:

*Google image searches "Jacob's ladder piercing"...

:stonk:

WHY THE gently caress WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR DICK???????????????????????????????????

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

Blocked for UMG_MK copyright.

gently caress me that's just goddamn stupid

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Find / Import a Barra turbo I6. That'll make that truck sing

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Well Merry Christmas indeed!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Amazing progress TBH. This has been impressive to say the least - most everyone would have done much less in longer time, even in good conditions.

Wait for Spring, assess what needs to be done and prepare.... you'll be rolling in no time.

But frankly the real great thing here is seeing you healthy and in a far better headspace. Even if you aint rolling in the truck, thats the real success

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ford Barra I6 Turbo

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I had a 929 and recently tried to buy another!

Amateur

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The praise for the song is completely deserved.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

DICK DICER posted:

The slowest thing in the entire known universe is a tweaker in a hurry. Right now though i can either walk or ride 30 miles in.a day carrying 50 lbs of gear on me, hills or flat. Current plan is to make it to North Platte as direct a route as possible then bike the remainder. Heres the current ride.

I dont need much else for a trip that short, a rear luggage rack and Ive been drooling over the Shimano Alfine disc-ready dynamo front hub as a charging solution but theres been a 15W Anker solar panel USB charger popping up on Craigslist ive had my eye on. I have a.feeling i need more agressive tires than the Contis on there now but havent explored 29"/700C-32 options. Lately its just been weather/security/load out/endurance training while i shut down operations in Seattle.

Ive been staying sharp in the meantime though.

Practicing my hand at the arts in a carrion bird warrior poet scavenger what roll in it own filth kind of way.

Jump off point is.around the end of this month. Someone left this out front this morning, i figure you guys could have it

So if I read this correctly you plan to take transport to North Flatte then cycle 200 odd kms with 20ish kgs of gear?

Thats a good plan and very doable. You might find you can cycle faster than you are estimating

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

This can only end well.

x2

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I ask that mod rule that was rightly put in place gets rethought if Dave gets on the bus.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

HandlingByJebus posted:

Yup, he's in Seattle. I'm on my way to pick him up. Gonna help him get the bike boxed up, sort out whatever needs sorting with Greyhound, hang out for the afternoon, and get him to the station on time.

You are awesome

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

On the bus? Okay :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I ask that mod rule that was rightly put in place gets rethought if Dave gets on the bus.

I'd like to help in some way now. Dunno how but I'd like to.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I'm kinda expecting the bus to catch fire after 14" gets off it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Hitchhiking stopped really being a thing when everyone started being drilled about Stranger Danger and that if you picked someone up they'd murder you, back in the 1980s. Like, there are still hitchhikers, but you really need to look wholesome and nonthreatening.

I thought it was the other way round - certainly was that way here with Ivan Milat and a bunch of other nutcases murdering hitch hikers.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Tremek posted:

The Deagle has landed:

Joking aside, Dave is a good guy and I would urge for the end of the the bizarro-world voyeuring and support him getting on his feet in a self-sufficient manner moving forward.

Good luck out there Dave! Feels like it will be what you make it. Catharsis comes in all forms.

Headed back to CO now.

Tremek is a goddamn legend

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I'm here for epic 14" adventures not whatever the gently caress is going on now.

What were the details of how to support Dave and the truck again? What's required?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Yep, it's going to the distribution hub. No real problem there.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

That's how real delivery companies do it. Thats why you are likely to get it, rather than Greyhound's nonsense.

The distribution centre might still catch fire tho when Dick's package arrives, stay tuned.

:toxx: me if the distribution centre does catches fire.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 15, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rime posted:

Defattening agents are fun, disruption of neurotransmitters is fun, I recently avenged myself on some wasps by dousing them with full strength hydrofluoric acid.

Nightmare fuel, do not recommend. :stare:

JFC even for this thread that's ..... what the hell??????

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

tomapot posted:

Don't google image search hydrofluoric acid burns. :barf:

Eh other acids are worse visually. The real problem with HF is the whole Florine leeching calicum from bones...... that sounds like an amazingly ugly way to die.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There are worse things you can do with HF. Much worse things...

"Fulminant acute colitis following a self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema."

My brain is refusing to accept that is for real

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

tater_salad posted:

If there were words that I would put money on never happening together "self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema" would be really high on the list.

I still cant comphrend how someone could be that hosed up on cocaine to even consider the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

this is so bad

Blame the POS song, not Leo. Leo is loving amazing.

• Locked thread