Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Explodey deaths are funny deaths, usually.

I mean I don't want him to die, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't watch that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elephanthead posted:

That corvette engine is garbage get a vortech v6 instead

No joke my end goal project is an S10 v6 with a giant turbo and a hater pipe

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
You look healthy for the first time in years. Jesus.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://youtu.be/LwqFUzt7HnQ

Some good music for your work time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

empty baggie posted:

For close to 20 years, I've always picked up a 12 pack of Busch light on the way home from work, until I got crazy and bought a pack of Rebel IPA. I hate fruit beers but was partial to a good IPA, and that stuff turned me on to the magical world of grapefruit IPA. I'm always sad when I run out of my 6 pack, but those 6 beers are magical (and I usually have a few left over Busch from the case I buy during my weekly Walmart trip to put me to sleep). Amazingly good stuff there (Although I bought beer at the package store tonight so it's Stone IPA for a change. 6.8% alcohol but missing that grapefruit aftertaste).

If you like fruit, try Stone Delicious IPA if you can find it.

Or Watermelon Dorado. Or Pineapple or Grapefruit Sculpin.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

My wife loves that one, I just can't do wheat beer without getting sick.

The watermelon Dorado is by ballast point, and it's loving tits. The flavor is juuuuust there on the initial taste, then gives way to hops. But it's also 15 a six pack.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Darchangel posted:

It's 35F here in N. Texas, and I hate it. Y'all can keep that below freezing bullshit.
Still going to have to get out in it soon to replace the leaking oil cooler lines on my Crown Vic.

I've been running the heat when the house hits 65, and not going outside because it's in the 50s.

All three people who came to buy parts today had hoodies or carhart jackets on.

SoCal is spoiled.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
gently caress yes dude. Congratu loving lations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Is just massaging the headers out of the question?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

QuarkMartial posted:

I mean... do you even have to have the headers? Can't you do without them / Isn't that what open headers are?

I know it'd be loud, but it's not a library piece.

Open header means running just headers, not literally nothing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seminal Flu posted:

Old AI poster Toucan Sam was showing me one of his demo derby cars that had open headers out of the hood with hater pipes. He was revving that thing like crazy and a big V8 doing combustion less than 3' from my ears made me want to cry.

Not tolerable without ear protection for any length of time.

When I was a teenager, I got to drive two heats and a main in a car with flipped headers and hater pipes.

I lost my ear plugs before the main, and couldn't hear correctly for about 2 weeks.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nuevo posted:

Huh, I got reality splitting open at my jawline too.

The "chewing edge" with my mouth extending infinitely in both directions with my face on the inside of an infinite spiral sphere, my eyes among the eyes of the pantheon all sentient beings in an unending spiral.

Weird aint it?

Now do DMT.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

As Nero Danced posted:

Screw gators they're too small. Head a bit further south to Dino World

That place is glorious. My wife's family were friends with the old owners so we went all the time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

gently caress, that reminds me... the Garlits museum is right there in Ocala. I've never been myself, but it feels like a worthy stop along the Fury Road, or at least on 14's way back home.

Worth it. We stopped on our way back to Virginia when I was stationed there 'just to look' and ended up making it so I got no sleep before work the next day.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

shy boy from chess club posted:

Napa, dude. They had like 75% of the stuff for the 61 c10 on the shelf when I went to get it running a couple weeks ago. Unless you had been there and they still don't have 80s 5.0 parts and if so wtf?

Napa has zero parts for my early 90s Dakota. Oreillys is the only store that helps me put these days.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I save this thread for duty days.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Could you run some forward and down headers, maybe?

A set of flipped shorties should work fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
My wife (who is a stylist) tried to do everything to save my hair when it started rapidly thinning.

She left for a week and I shaved it off. That was almost 2 years ago, and I regret nothing. Now I'm lazier with it, and usually just do it every Sunday vs every day, but still. And having a job where I don't have to shave now means I finally have a beard.

If your beard is itchy, and you really want to keep it, use beard oil and a good moisturizing shampoo. It relaxes the hair and keeps your skin moist, which takes away all the itch.

• Locked thread