Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

ITT I learn that he'll fill the box on his dumptruck with AI Goons wanting to help.

This would be the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

Cakefool posted:

A bed full of tool chests and blackthumbs hanging off the sides fixing things as they break. I'm loving this thread.

How does one refurbish a diff on a moving truck?

Eternally, Shiny and Chrome!

Siochain
May 24, 2005

n0tqu1tesane posted:

I hate to tell you, but I don't think the truck in question here is OBDII compatible.

Yet.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

So since I don't have to worry about rent, a couple hundred bucks in side jobs will handle the rest of my storage and bills.

How does AI feel about throwing in on a guzzoline fund for the last of the V6 Interceptors loaded with every last tool I can fit.

Book time says 20 hours to Nebraska.

Bet I can beat it.

You have my axe. Or some cash. Either/or.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

kastein posted:

was gonna say, the only way to make this adventure better is to involve two 50s trucks trying to make it cross country

They need a recovery vehicle - if you get the 5-ton going, what year is it again? Make it 3? :P

Siochain
May 24, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Incredible. Thank you all for allowing me to be part of this story. Its really brought my life back and I can't put a price on how much that means to me

Dude, I'm so glad to hear that. Also, your adventures with the truck have literally been a shining spot in an otherwise depressing few months. Keep on shining on you crazy loving bastard.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'm fond of the block of ice my beard turns into when it's -10C or lower and I'm blowing snow and the wind is blowing it back in my face.

This is me every time its snowing.

But add a beard full of ice crystals. I actually love it though, I come in and I look like an ice giant.

Also -33 is cold as gently caress, that's roughly faranheit/celcius line up. But only 30 degrees C in 36 hours? We can do that in less than 24 hahah.

yay winter!

heil brady!

Siochain
May 24, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dude those were so good. The Firecrackers and jerkey too, Jesus.

Everdave said to post here about needs, and I wasn't going to except I checked finances and now I'm in a bind. I reinvested the vast majority of the last donations into the truck, aside from the steaks, some headphones, and jimmy gas and smokes. I bought safety equipment for the split rims and the balaclava with my birthday money and have taken inventory of where we are at with the truck.

I only need 3 more things. Total. I've got enough here to keep me busy, but these are hard stop small items.

Item 1: another front wheel cylinder. I lost one entirely. This was my bad and was going to replace it but no longer can.

Item 2: upper radiator hose. I misread the chart online and got the wrong hose. Measurements needed: 1-1/4" radiator side, 1-3/4" thermostat side. 18-20" long. Napa has the right hose on the shelf for about $25 after tax.

Gear oil.

That's literally the end of the parts needs for good. Can anyone afford to assist one last time, this close to the holidays? I understand people have their own expenses so I don't make this post cavalierly, or even sunbirdy

What's the easiest way to send you a few bucks again? I'll throw a few bucks in anyways :)

Siochain
May 24, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I'd just like to take a moment and say while I appreciate everyone saying look at me go, let's take a moment to give full appreciation where it's due. Without sims putting the pieces in place, I wouldnt be here.

But most importantly, Danno, who put me up sight unseen for as long as this took no questions asked. Provided me with shelter, with extra hands, with a god drat vehicle first with the Jimmy and then with his own personal truck while he spends a week with his wife. Dan is a true god drat hero and he deserves just as much of the glory as any of us, and to the people who have repeatedly donated and sent gifts and packages.

I am merely the hands that assemble this story. You all are the source and the fuel to my fire.

And its been probably the best thing I've read all loving year my man. Danno's amazing, sims had a dream, and you are like Jack-loving-14inchington, Mayor of Nightmareville, come to deliver a fiery steed birthed of blood and sweat.

ps Merry loving Christmas you bunch of fucks. AI rules, and this thread proves it.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

The 6.2 is a wholly underrated engine. Wasn't huge output, but they just loving go. My dads old 1/2 ton had almost a million km on the odo before the frame rusted out around it, and she still ran fine. Had a few small issues, but nothing major.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Closing in on Atlanta

Unsure if threat or promise...

Also the continuing saga of 14-degrees-of-methane-induced-climate-change in the small truck has me giggling like an idiot.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Mater's retirement seems to be treating him well :P

Siochain
May 24, 2005

TDI swapped Geo Tracker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

For a minute I thought you'd picked up a cheap hooker. The years have not been kind to him.

You act like he's not just a cheap hooker?

Wait....

We talking about C-Top or Larry?

• Locked thread