Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ExplodingSims posted:

Angryrobots is driving to Florida now, then Nebraska. :eng101:

So you're not flying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

DICK DICER posted:

To where exactly

Omaha was my guess. Seen several references to flight being involved.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Oooooo, Nutella!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGQr5hCpzr8&t=180s

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

HELL YES IT'S HAPPENING

After they fix the part of the clutch that Sims broke.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Delivery McGee posted:

Trumpets are being handed out to angels, seals are about to be broken.

And the world waits upon the shoulder of one long-haired goon because he hasn't figured out the camera's pointing the wrong way.

LARRY! :argh:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
A field in Nebraska now has three fresh piles of human feces and tire marks from a big chevy truck with a v8.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
That was pretty fuckin' glorious.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Dannywilson posted:

How I used to sleep in crowded hotel rooms at conventions. "You want the bed?" "Nope, gimme a blanket, just gonna crawl under this side table because it means nobody will step on me in the night."

Did you wake up to find 3 tcc goons and a furry having a gay foursome?

I don't go to conventions anymore for a reason.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Draw dickbutt on his forehead with a sharpie.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Enourmo posted:

I met him! He looked right at me!I am awaited in Valhalla!

Also Dave now knows about tijuana flats. He mentioned a burrito livestream, so keep your emergency radios charged up.

Tell him that real men drink Endorphin Rush to wash down their burritos. Also, I know Orlando is kinda big and all, but my favourite Tijuana Flats will forever remain the one across from the library downtown. Pretty neat place just for the atomosphere, but then again that was 13 years ago.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Dagen H posted:

"You think you hate it now, wait 'til you HEAR it!"

Yanno, seeing it parked there like that, I have to change my thoughts about the bed wood.

Tighten down the hardware, make minimal repairs, leave it like that, don't replace the wood, it looks goddamn beautiful.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Sims, I hope you realize you can't ever get rid of the truck.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ExplodingSims posted:

I am so glad I pulled all the wire for the lights last year. Only had a few wires to cut this time.

You get the clutch sorted out?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So when are you gonna be unleashed upon City Walk?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

DICK DICER posted:

Where we're going we wont need roads

or eyes to see

I'm legit surprised that old turd is still trolling.

I rode in it like 15 years ago.

E: Assuming this is the car they use in the fireworks show at night.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ExplodingSims posted:

No this reaction is worse, lol.

What? Psh. Used to hold burritos under the tap and give it at least three pumps. Endorphin Rush and Don't Be A Chicken Sh*t.

Admittedly, my brother could out-do me and drink the stuff straight. I couldn't.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Someone smack this boy's rear end and call him Sally.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

DICK DICER posted:

Theres plenty of free boats on craigslist

You just gotta salvage them from the ocean floor, right?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You guys have to take Dick to Dixie Crossroads if it's still around. The koi could use a friend.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Right on the fuckin' knee too.

Honestly, the leadup was making me think there was an unfortunate driveshaft + balls related accident.

Dick used to be a flatrate mechanic, then he took a corner of quarter inch plate to the knee.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So Sims, I got a favour to ask you. When the truck's ready to move itself around the city, can you go park it in front of 7893 Canyon Lake Circle and take a picture? It's in Metro West just off Edgewood Ranch road which is near Old Winter Garden.

It's the closest I'll probably ever get to to this legendary vehicle since I lived there over a decade ago. If the pineapple-shaped fountain is still around, try to get it in the shot please. Bonus points if the HOA descends upon you in a heartbeat, they put my dad through hell while my grandma was dying.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

um excuse me posted:

So I'm curious what the state of the wiring is in. I remember the first time Dave had to leave the truck he was scrambling just to get it started and he posted a pretty disturbing photo of the wiring job. Questionable automotive wiring terrifies me more than death.

My buddy rewired his boat a couple years ago. With speaker wire.

When I discovered this I cursed him out for about 15 minutes because I know I'm gonna have to rewire his loving boat for my peace of mind.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

sharkytm posted:

If you're in the US, here's the best source for marine wire/terminals/heat shrink: https://www.genuinedealz.com (yes, it's a horrible website name, but their stuff is really good and well-priced)

Alas and alack, I am a Soviet Canuckistani, but I have my sources. Still, I'll keep this place in mind.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

sharkytm posted:

If you're doing an entire boat, it may be cheaper to import it.

I have to convince him to let me do it first. He believes it's totally okay because there haven't been any problems so far. I may have to mechanically stress a few splices until something starts smoking to make him realize that he should let me fix his boat.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Sticky valve?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Isn't that the evap canister for the emissions poo poo on the fuel system?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
FJCs are solid vehicles, they just look really fuckin' weird.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
There's always that Gladiator in Valentine.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

So I'm a bit lost on the TRUKK storage. Is it not coming to Vegas with you at all?

Sims is storing it until he gets established and has a place he can move it to.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

bolind posted:

Holy poo poo that rust hole in the roof of the Camaro.

"Florida car, kept in heated storage year-round."

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I hung onto long hair as long as I could and then I hit puberty and was noticably balding by 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

iwentdoodie posted:

My wife (who is a stylist) tried to do everything to save my hair when it started rapidly thinning.

She left for a week and I shaved it off. That was almost 2 years ago, and I regret nothing. Now I'm lazier with it, and usually just do it every Sunday vs every day, but still. And having a job where I don't have to shave now means I finally have a beard.

If your beard is itchy, and you really want to keep it, use beard oil and a good moisturizing shampoo. It relaxes the hair and keeps your skin moist, which takes away all the itch.

I find anti-dandruff shampoo helps a lot with beard itch.

• Locked thread