Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Loved Big Head's surprise severance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Theory: Big Head buys controlling interest in Pied Piper, Richard gets back in as CEO, just as the ex-Hooli team reveals their new product.

Of course it could just be more horse loving.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

This horse fucks - Russ Hanneman

New thread title right here

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zero One posted:

Wasn't that Google's first idea to make money? A box you plugged into a rack to get Google search in enterprise?

They sold Google Search Appliances once they had traction on the web and legitimacy for their search results to start expanding into new areas.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Echo Chamber posted:

Starring Julia Roberts and eleven men.

Jared was loving perfect in the episode. Totally killed me.

Avasculous posted:

I'm exploring consulting as a career option now, and the 'conjoined triangles of success' is exactly my problem with so much of business education: take 5-6 painfully general buzzwords, put them on an arbitrary graphical design, give them an air of reverence and some credentials behind the author, and you can sell it in a $40 paperback book to aspiring tycoons everywhere.

Even consulting feels like it's contemptuously dismissive of half of this stuff for exactly that reason and unironically fanatical about invoking the just-as-arbitrary other half.
You should watch my other favourite Sunday show, "House Of Lies"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Avasculous posted:

Honestly, this is more or less my core reservation about it. I really like the problem solving nature of the work and I can see the logic in startups or companies diving into new areas wanting to purchase expert insight to avoid blunders.

It's much harder for me to wrap my head around how management at major corporations can justify routinely hiring consultants, which just feels a lot like outsourcing their own job.
Ah, but it's not about outsourcing their job, it's about outsourcing the risk of failure. You hire the consultants to give you a plan to follow. If it works, you reap the accolades and rewards. If it fails, well it want your fault, you just did what THEIR plan said to do. Clearly THEY were wrong.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Windows 98 posted:

Ehrlich coughing at the end had me laughing way more than I should have been. Especially when he went for the very last drag even while coughing already and trying to talk.

I was dying at that. Fuckin perfect Erlich.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Poetic Justice posted:

Once it goes through the compiler it's the same thing!

See? This guy fucks.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

Episode was good. I didn't mind the richard subplot but then again I don't have a problem with cringing so hard I feel like I'm going to collapse inside myself. Dude kills it.

This guy. This guy hugs.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Great ep all around. The Hooli parts were so good.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ha, that was perfect.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Binary Logic posted:

"We've also read the financials, Gavin. Between Nucleus and N-Frame you've burned through three quarters of a billion dollars". I thought this show was over-the-top satire but then this morning read,

$26.2 billion. With a b.
Who knew hope was so expensive!

Great episode.

And that's with a nearly 50% premium of last Friday's closing stock price. Insane.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Laurie is great so that's a shame.

"That is a picture of a dog"

"You know Jack, of course."
"That is correct. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight