Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
VideoGames. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Troll Bridgington posted:

Still a bad game.

Today, however, has been quite a day!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Smash posted:

:justpost:

never stop posting you magnificent sasslord

My favorite deadtearism of recent was his insult "you mutant gently caress." God drat I burst out laughing hard at that.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/07Vbg5b.webm

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dalael posted:

If 250B is middle class, you can consider me space poor then.

250B is space middle class only in the sense of a middle class old dude who did everything right planning for retirement like maxing out his employer's matching, roths, and just saving a lot and is now able to enjoy that.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
We need a new emote where the hen gets away and then Bernie makes the :smith: face.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god yes.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zethe posted:

Every time someone starts a new eve thread the posting gets worse.

:shillary: supporter spotted.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sure, I agree that right now the incentives aren't there. What CCP plan to do to resolve that issue is beyond me because I don't work on the design team, though they seem to think the incentives right now are fine which I disagree with. I think CCP making Nullsec regions have exclusive assets to farm, like how WHs only get sleeper stuff iirc, would be a good step. Especially if its for the faction capitals they're working on as well as the pirate implants. Make those conquerable nullsec exclusive drops, and that's one way to make people want to fight over the resources/control the land.

I also think catering towards the people who don't want to log in and sit around for hours on end for a 10 minute fight isn't as bad of a thing as people make it out to be. I don't think it's some ~elite pvper~ mentality to want to be able to log into the game, and be able to go out and find PVP rather easily. Prior to the war people in CFC/Imperium were complaining about having to go 20 jumps just to find people to fight, where as in other areas it was less (excluding Drone Regions). I disagree with people like Chessur who think there should be instanced PVP arenas, since that goes against the spirit of EVE but I also think it's absurd that people think its a bad thing for CCP to work on making the players who don't have hours to spend on a singular fleet at a time be able to log in and frag nerds. The stuff Darius' guys are doing now is pretty much what I'm referring to in thinking that CCP should encourage that stuff. They're in a relatively decent area in terms of activity (both PVE & PVP) and they can find fights rather easily. Sure its not a massive battle to end all battles but for a variety of reasons CCP have chosen that those things aren't necessarily what they want to have happening.

I sort of feel like its cheating to use Querious as an example as that's a thunderdome with NIPs regarding sov structures.

This is a lot of words about nullsec politics and game balance that I largely agree with. It's just a shame it's coming so disingenuously from a group that insists on dropping a ball of supers on something as small as a loving 150 man cerb fleet and then posting the very next day about how "PvP is hard to find under the current model."

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

LemonDrizzle posted:

Apparently you now get charged the full broker's fee whenever you modify a sell order rather than just when you make one. That's gonna be a big new ISK sink if it's intentional.

:shittypop:

RIP .01 ISKing.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

not as big of one as pugs or frenchies or bull terriers though

Pugs are just fine thank you very much. :colbert:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

Pugs are hideous dogs lol

My pug is a beautiful angel.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

He can hang out with hole squads other meme dog

:hfive:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

:) <-- This is just me everytime I do EVE stuff really. I am having a blast, and you're all awesome! Thank you all!

:same: but every time you post. :3:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Pangloss posted:

This should be deadtears av.

I mean, it's basically rolled up into the same position as his old fatman av v:v:v

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Yes and yes. Might as well convert your yachtmach into a mission runner because we ain't never undocking that poo poo with tracking titans back in the game again.

gently caress. Fozziesov isn't even "small gang PvP."

At this point it's "find a ship that can do 4k m/s with good crowd control and cloaking. Then be an uncatchable dick and abuse capture notification mechanics to avoid fights altogether and solo capture structures." Fozziesov is an awful joke of a system. Don't get me wrong, I applaud the effort and direction they are trying to move the game, but the actual mechanics themselves encourage some really wonky unfun bullshit and Fozziesov should commit honorable seppuku to avoid future shame to his family.

Siets fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 29, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Gas clouds are stunning.

Did you make it into a wormhole?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bilirubin posted:

Yes, welcome to CCP's New Player Experience, where there is a thing you must do but hahaha no we're not going to tell you HOW to do it.

I actually think the in-game tutorial videos that they added are pretty good. It's just a shame the game doesn't thrust them straight into the face of new players and instead forces them to dig through the Help menu to find them.

Click the "?" for Help which may or may not be buried in your top-left "E" icon, then click on the Tutorial Videos tab for these. Made by CCP, concise and quick, and should tell you 80-90% of what you need to know about the base game mechanics to do what is on the opportunities map.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bilirubin posted:

That's a thing? :psyduck:

Right?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gounads posted:

Numbers for the hard work...

Deklein line -> Net Exports column = ~ 77T isk

And this is why under Fozziesov people won't actually "live" out of null ever again. It's such a pain in the dick to import and export large assets. Why would anybody go through the trouble when you have no confidence in your ability to hold onto the sov?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I was tooling around on Sisi in C5 wormholes this morning and kept seeing Naglfar after Naglfar. I started chatting up one of the testers and he said that they figured out how to solo capital escalated C5 sites with Naglfars. They just have a couple buddies warp to the site to trigger the escalation and then they warp off while the Naglfar solos it. They can even blap the frigates all by themselves as long as they have a web fitted.

:stare:

Soooo yeah. C5 residents are about to get Rich. As. gently caress.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

I can confirm that I am really having a blast with this game. In fact I am having more fun with EVE than many recent games I have played. I am excited to log on all of the time! :D

It it truly awesome to watch RVCMF progress. I loved the email leaks, the screenshots, and seeing all the posters coming out of the woodwork who don't give a poo poo about the huge space empire drama but finally found a place to do chill mining/industry stuff with goons in space. You've got a good thing going dude. Never stop posting please.

I also love that RVCMF is basically a happy accident the result of you just creating a corp for shits 'n giggles and/or to complete a training mission (I forget which.) Just perfect.

Siets fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 6, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of being chill in space, here is my entire screenshot album from when Holesquad was constructing and celebrating our finished anchored citadel!

http://imgur.com/a/whWUZ

A few choice favorites:

Join Holesquad! We on the up and up! :toot:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

I'm digging people carving out little empires in wormholes with citadels as the crown jewels

It definitely feels way more satisfying and more personally invested than Fozziesov, I can tell you that much.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nietzschean posted:

a PL guy today thought he would be cute and solo a clownshoe with his thanatos, and was slain for his trouble

While the clownshoes doctrine amuses me to no end, I cannot imagine it is what Fozzie had in mind when designing his sov system. :laugh:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Glory of Arioch posted:

the clownshoe, my brain child, is another entry in a long list of goonswarm federation economic warfare cabal disruptions to the status quo of eve online

That drake looks loving nasty for the cost to the pilot. Like there's clownshoes proper, and then there's that thing which is more like the clown from It. :twisted:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

It's actually not that good -- Drake has no RHML bonus, much to Rise's eternal chagrin, so it only does ~200dps. But that, plus the 1000+dps peak regen, plus the buffer on it, means that it's a loving pain to kill (which is pretty much all that matters), and platinum insurance pays for most of it.

That''s kind of what I saw it as: a clownshoes, albeit one with some teeth that essentially forces a proper gang to drop on it. I'd be it could handle 5~10 interceptors all by itself.

Really I guess I'm just sort of shaking my head at what the sov meta has turned into: endless trolling T1 tankfit haulers amidst a sea of interceptors bouncing around a region. It's just kind of dumb to me that that is what turned out to be optimal after several iterations. :rolleye:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yo Ullerrm, wondering if you have any Curse fits lying around?

This hull is extremely versatile in the ways it can be fit. I've seen armor fits w/ medium neuts and tracking disruptors, shield fits with 50k+ EHP, and I've also worked up a heavy neut fit that neuts and tracking disrupts out to 60km+. If I'm flying around in small gang Dodfleet with one, what's the right way to go in your opinion?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dragonstalking posted:

It's not really a leash if you feed us content....

I wasn't aware PL had transitioned from hunting supers to chasing interceptors and T1 haulers as their preferred form of ~content~

ullerrm posted:

IMHO, the best Curse fit is still the classic nanocurse, just updated for tiericide:

When you load it into PyFa, you'll see a ridiculous cap stability number and be tempted to remove the egress rigs. Trust me, you want them. You use the neuts 90% of the time; the nos are simply for targets of opportunity. The small neut is taken intentionally -- not only is it good for capping out frigs chasing after you, but it cycles twice as fast as the medium, so in a gank situation where you can safely close to 15-18km it's really good for keeping a primary empty. If you're gonna throw faction at this poo poo, upgrade the small neut first, then the shield extenders, then the med neuts.

Super handy, thank you. I guess I was undervaluing speed and mobility in my other fits. I suppose that's way more important in small gang fights.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

"What the gently caress is a svipul?"

Still laughing at that.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
We need a version of that "hundreds of minions saying PAP.jpg" image only with them saying DOXXING instead. :mad:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ranbo das posted:

RVCMF has claimed it's first killmail :unsmigghh:

He was like less than a month old and when I checked his killboard I saw he had been fitting sisters probe launchers on his herons and losing them with alarming frequency, so instead of just warping back out I popped him, convo'd him and had a chat. He now knows what skills to train, what ship he should be aiming for for exploration, not to fit faction modules on untanked t1 frigates and he's 100m isk richer so I think that was a happy ending :unsmith:

More like ROCK VENTURE UNCHILL BLOOD-HUNGRY MURDER corp. :twisted:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fix Lag posted:

Marauders are now in a really lovely spot. They can't refit with weapon timers, so there goes refitting during bastion. They can't move when bastioned, and they can't rep/tank worth a drat when not bastioned. And now, they're no longer e-war immune during bastion.

Any thoughts on how to make them suck less without breaking them?

Couple fun ideas off the top of my head:

-Give them a unique bonus to Grappler Web effective range.
-Allow MJD activation during bastion mode.
-Grant a capacitor warfare resistance bonus during bastion ala the new capacitor batteries.
-Bonus to smartbomb range (so I don't have to spend the absurd amounts needed for faction smartbombs.)

I dunno. It really depends on what you mean when you say "make them suck less." Make them suck less at what? Harder to gank? More efficient and thus more profitable in PvE? Cheaper to fit so that less ISK is being risked?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

abigserve posted:

Full disclosure I lost a golem today to three carriers and I'm salty as the briney deep

Wormholin or k-space?

And yeah, I sympathize. My first ever T3 was a super blingfit faction/deadspace legion that, while I could technically afford to lose, I wasn't mentally ready to lose. Ever since, I've become super averse to putting faction or deadspace mods on anything at all.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So what is there to do for afk or semi afk income now since ratting anoms is ogre.

I found a PI setup last night that is going to make me a hair under a billion ISK per month per character.

Thank youuu citadels!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

I am sad for the thread again. I had fun last night at the movies and thought I'd have a lot of great posts to read the next day but good grief.

Ever since Ullerrm moved to the chill thread for talking about ship fitting, this thread has lost all purpose for existing to me. :)

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

then why are you in it

Ok yeah, I guess I like the war updates. It's just that they always get washed away amidst a sea of DOXXING CHAT and ~casual racism concerns~.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

No. There was a call to evacuate Vale and Branch but not Deklein.

Deklein went from "Fortress Deklein" to "What you haven't evaced yet? RIP you"

Kind of like how sov mechanics went from Dominion Sov to Fozziesov. Hmmmm...

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

No one can call my loyalty into question.

Clearly. It's not like you're tagged up with PL pets or anythi...

Oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

Yes I picked a different colour on the chess board.

So... When I'm playing chess with a bud, I should definitely write a huge whiny overdramatic post about why I'm switching from the white pieces to the black pieces, correct?

• Locked thread