Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
What is the chill thread? Please don't tell me it's the Eonwe thread, I do not want to encourage him in any way that he should keep posting or he did something positive.

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Blazing Zero posted:

since hendrick says youre asher, i just wanted to say your podcasts are good and im a big fan

Thanks, wish I had more time to record them during this war.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

Edit: namamai said I was too mean so I'll just say you're really dumb and everything you say here is borderline retarded and not at all based upon facts

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 6, 2016

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Rhymenoserous posted:

The minute it became obvious that we were going to lose all our space I said we should have invaded some other location. Get the membership a place to recoup. But that would require we put our members ahead of our collective pride. There's not a region in this game that could stand up to us save the nothern ones.

We'd have to leave our supers up north and PL/NC would just follow us, they've said that they would do so many times. So we would lose a bunch of our members only to be in the exact same position in another low-sec system. How is this a good idea?

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

evilweasel posted:

There's really only one way to get good at grabbing opportunities like this, and that's grabbing at them and learning from your mistakes. I don't get why you'd think it was depressing, didn't work out but it was a good shot at it.

Isn't it nice to be validated within a matter of a few hours?

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Happy Dolphin posted:

If that was the reason they could at least have told me instead of accusing me of not doing anything when that is flat out wrong and easily provable when you look at my illum jabber activity, my forum posts and broadcasts over the last 3 weeks. Like I explained above, I fully understand the not-doing-anything coordination wise which is why I offered to step down, but in terms of doing capital things, that's not accurate at all.

I wasn't aware you'd been demoted because I hadn't seen you say anything in illum for weeks. It's not my choice but it felt like you were pretty checked out since we started losing space (which you took really hard).

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

I watched your latest nullsec video, usually you try to be unbiased but I like how you couldn't help but throw in a "finally" when talking about our allies leaving.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I've actually been away from my EVE capable machine. I am currently sitting in a system right next to null sec and 17 jumps away from the Titan mass grave. When I finally get back to that PC I'm totally going to try to see it! :)

That grid load can be a doozy for non awesome machines.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

LOL @ Sour Namy talking poo poo about grindr fleet and how it's a bad doctrine. I'm in irony overload mode right now.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Carth Dookie posted:

Make them do an MS paint as part of their application. I really, really, really wish it wasn't so, but its almost like a Rorschach blot test. Almost every shitlorde Clay Hakaari turbo krabber or other problem child that flames out/gets trolled or turfed out of hole squad has an MS paint that may as well have been a .jpeg of a big red flag. I swear it must be confirmation bias after the fact, but the consistency is uncanny.

What does the MSpaint tell you?

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

DisgracelandUSA posted:

and a Garmin in its hold.

Maybe this will help you navigate to good posting.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Clarence posted:

Is it necessary to be in an NPC corp these days when applying to join a different PC one, or can it be straight from one to the other?

You can apply in another corp. To accept the invitation you either need no roles in that corp, no wars on that corp or if either of those are true you have to drop to newbie corp and then you can immediately join your new corp. The game will tell you about a 24 hour or 7 day freeze but just ignore that and drop your current corp and you're fine.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

nessin posted:

I like the progress Imperium pings are making to not being intentionally, and stupidly, false or silent about their intentions when the purpose of the fleet isn't a secret. Like when a ping goes out to defend a citadel but instead it gets turned around to somehow we needed to be sneaky about going to shoot a citadel 400 other people across multiple alliances are shooting and have been since shortly after we formed up.

I did that, someone in said other alliance asked me to kindly obfuscate the purpose of the fleet which I was happy to do since it wasn't like a "cap tackled bring 10,000 rds of t1 ammo" type ping, it was just an a replacement with similar value.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

ullerrm posted:

* Moon reactions -- The king of passive income. You build a control tower on any moon, and install a reactor on it, which takes two or more less-valuable types of moongoo and combines them to create a valuable type. You can mine the lovely moongoo inputs yourself, or you can buy them at a trade hub and treat them as if they were fuel. There's two ways to do it:

1) Do it in sov null-sec, which optimizes your income (because it reduces the amount of fuel consumed by the tower per hour) but allows your POS to be shot
2) Do it in high-sec, which reduces your income but makes it extremely unlikely that your POS will be shot

You can also do moon reacting in low-sec. You don't get the fuel bonus from sov null, but you can still run the reactors that are banned in high sec.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

ullerrm posted:

It'd overlap a bit with Hendrick's shtick for the o7 show, but I prefer reading a weekly rag to watching the monthly rag, if you get my meaning.

I think Talladar's sov report is just better. Period. End of story.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

I went to Publix and bought a 3.5 lb chuck roast for 15 bucks, put it in my sous vide machine Saturday around 6pm, set it to 137 and left it until tonight. After 48 hours I pulled it out, seared it in a skillet with some butter, used my wolverine meat shredding claws

to tear that bitch up, and then threw it in a pot with some caramelized bbq sauce and put it all on a toasted potatoe bread bun. It was so loving delicious I couldn't believe it. I would have taken a picture but I was too excited to eat it after waiting 48 hours for it to cook.

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jun 28, 2016

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

vyst posted:

Publix owns. I could go for a chikky tender sub right now.

Oh man, when I grew up I thought Publix subs were just like what every other grocery store had across the country, I was so disappointed when I went elsewhere.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

are revenants 300b though?

No, they are about ~120 now built. They used to be much more expensive. I think they originally went for 400b and dropped as more and more BPCs were farmed.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

quote:

Fight the evil goon menace, Eve cried out from the shadows. Digital Ebola DOXXES IRL. Fight the Goonswarm is a fight for an end to shithead doxxers. GSF is mean and exclusive. Blobbing is no fun.
We all know the story. We're familiar with the attempts to eradicate goons. Beep Beep I'm a jeep. Bumblebee Backpack. We've all heard stories, and, because of that, the MBC fought against doxxing, and against the no fun zone that is goons.
Well... Does everyone remember this thread?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/465gb1/an_open_letter_to_the_leadership_of_dropbear/
I sure do. In it, a man had his IRL boss called over a solo Thanatos loss. His Corp and alliance attempted to dig up poo poo on this man and get him fired. Not only banned from eve, but fired from his job. What did his Corp do when the alliance treated their member like this? Absolutely loving nothing. This is the exact kind of poo poo NC. Was fighting to end, no?
Well, NC. Recruited the Corp that doxxed this guy. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.
Now, I know NC. Has had their fair share of internal disputes and many Titans Awoxed for not many reasons, but, as a friend of mine Benji pointed out, what this Corp was involved with under DBS was complete horseshit, and wouldn't represent what the MBC says is "good for eve". So, with this being said, is NC. Clueless as to who is in their alliance,
or do they just not care

Since when were we exclusive?

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Oodles posted:

When's the next podcast Asher?

I was waiting for something to talk about but now with all the pieces moving it seems like I'll do one pretty soon.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

frozenphil posted:

RIP my Revelation.
I bought that Rev from Suas in 2007 when we lived in Scaling Pass. It's helped kill -V-, LV, BoB, and some drone region scrubs when those opened up. It's gone around the galaxy from Scalping Pass to Delve; the drone regions to Deklein.
RIP, El Alhambra, may you ride easy in Valhall

A lot of people have children in the middle of elementary school younger than your revelation.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

I made a new podcast: https://soundcloud.com/eve-asher/the-asher-hour-week-20

And some video of the 4 fleets vs our 1 fight tonight trying to kill the astrahus onlining in 93pi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTZES5JzpOU

The reddit thread about the fight was deleted because it was the top post about a goon win, until we complained and the reddit mods begrudgingly put it back up.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Nazareth posted:

So I am thinking of training up a strategic cruiser. I'm getting a mixed response as to which. Loki is good at gate camps but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Which strategic cruiser should I train for?

Loki is the worst, its only use is basically as a tankier huginn. Armour or shield fit (really the only one that can pull double duty, but the shield fits are pretty terrible).

Legion definitely has some uses but you see it used less than proteus. For small gang you can fit it out as a neuty super curse but this isn't super common. In fleet use it's often used for utility (double damps) and for fast locking and killing bombers.

Proteus is probably the main fleet t3 now and also the biggest hotdrop tackler. In fleet use it has a tackle range bonus and also a lot of armour + small sig. Very hard to kill, mid grade slaves make it even tougher.

Tengu is the best mission runner (although proteus should be better with armor rep implants now), best exploration, and best shield fleet t3.

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 3, 2016

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

I feel like it's about that time for someone to lose a GSF titan. We've been doing so well the past week it feels like the other shoe has to drop soon.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

evilweasel posted:

this is the narrative IWI pushes but it doesn't really match up with the data - egc had no problem getting an initial rush of players but retention was terrible. at least one of the big whales was in a hostile alliance. the ability to hawk it to a large audience initially gives a 'goon' site a big leg up over another startup - but it will always be hard to beat whoever is currently on top

The big fuckup with EGC was that we started it with the same payouts as Somerblink. If we'd had any kind of vision we would have offered incredibly generous payouts (like 99 cents on the dollar) and ramped up the rake after you had built a serious audience. Unlike other gambling sites we could afford to do that from launch for a long time, but we got greedy.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Reverand maynard posted:

Every loving retard that didn't consolidate staging and refused to do joint fleets (SMA was running 50 man hurricane fleets along everyone else's full Mach fleets) is now dead

Yeah, I can still see in my mind's eye this loving SMA FC who ran Tempests alongside our fleet. Then he warped his artillery tempest to the gate at zero to try and fight afterburning machs. Their loving fleet got slaughtered. The next time, instead of integrating, they brought drakes :negative:

YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4ryuhs/finally_time_i_did_one_i_am_sorticus_draconus_the/

quote:

I am a dragon at heart. I actually got a dinosaur onesie. If this ama goes well I might release a picture of me in it. It has a tail and everything. I have lost a decent amount of weight though since I first got it, nearly 20 kg so maybe I need a new picture.

:emo:

Just remember if you are in the MBC you enabled this poo poo.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Haven't been able to break out Pee Wee for a long time! Might as well kill a grip of titan and supers in build while we're at it.

PS: I've heard the titans were to replace the ones we killed in Okagaiken :boom:

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

ullerrm posted:

hey had by far the biggest titan fleet in the game, relying on SOT as their subcap support.

What is SOT?

Edit: after considering it I'm guessing it's Sons of Tangra? Was that a thing?

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 16, 2016

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

The idiom in english is a lot more straightforward: http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/grow+in+the+telling.html

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

In the last couple of weeks Goons have killed 8 titans, way more than anyone else. The last one was so unremarkable people barely talked about it. Like "*yawn* just one titan?"

What a time to be alive, freed from the shackles of sov we've become a titan hunting highly isk efficient battle-winning low sec alliance. I feel like I'm in some sort of weird alternate universe.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

This whole article makes CO2 look awful, but if you're Seraph anything that hurts goons is great so he doesn't see how to a normal person this is the opposite of good propaganda.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Orange Red Bull posted:

what quality allies does test have these days

When CO2 fucks them over because it's convenient for CO2 you can't really say Test didn't have a ton of fair warning.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Landsknecht posted:

I really wonder if there will be another b-r or if that was "the big one" and we'll never see something like it again

As long as ncdot and PL are aligned the super numbers are too out of whack for it to really happen again. B-R was weird because it was a CFC + Russian team-up which isn't exactly a common occurrence to begin with and the major russian power right now is too busy keeping his rental empire alive to pay for his monthly audi payments.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Elsa posted:

hey vulvamancer

an·ti·phar·ma·kon to·xot

It really bothers me that CCP is using names that are hard to remember for little used stuff. Like I can handle "svipul" for a popular ship because I can learn that, but for implants and drugs I wish they'd stick with easy to remember names like 'slave' or 'talon' instead of 'antipharmakon toxot' or 'asklepian'.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Orange Red Bull posted:

what day is our final destination supposed to be announced? im ready to ride eternal, shiny and chrome in my claw

Tomorrow

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Just spent 11 hours FCing a move op 3 jumps, gently caress Phoebe.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

On the plus side a :shobon: dude from Karmafleet bought me a pizza and some breadsticks and had it delivered to my house because he appreciated the fact that I didn't murder anyone after those 11 hours.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Killah's fleets are my favs, but I like Ron's too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

dreamin' posted:

and on their own they can easily carve out some good space unless the MBC spend the :effort: to follow them, which seem unlikely (which is why we made the proposal to go to delve like two months ago already :toot:).

I don't know if this guy is actually EXE leadership as he purports to be but if it is it shows why a lot of our allies would have put themselves in a bad position if left to their own devices. If the Imperium had tried to moved to Delve 2 months ago when the MBC was still in a froth and hadn't set down any roots it would have been a disaster. First off consider how hard this move op has been with no resistance and a relatively easy time to extract titans from Deklein/elsewhere. Imagine if MBC including PL and Test had been fully camping our staging and had dictors everywhere + we didn't have an online citadel network.

Even a junior detective can tell this situation was a loser that was basically impossible but apparently this guy "proposed" it two months ago when it would have been a total failure. This is why I was happy with GSF leadership who made 90% of the right calls during the war and saved our alliance vs some of our allies who wanted (and sometimes did) incredibly foolish things that in some cases literally killed their alliance.

On top of all this I don't know if this guy actually is EXE leadership, Mo was usually a pretty sharp dude so I wouldn't expect him to say something as silly as "I suggested moving to Delve 2 months ago".

vulvamancer fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 26, 2016

• Locked thread