Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
How many plexes do you need to 'reverse redeem' to transfer a character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Sorry for the questions I need to elitepvp my head around some things from 2011.

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe?

Ganglinks still are system wide and not grid?

What is the fighter change to supercarriers I've read about?

Doomsdays are still version 2 and not version 1?

Are falcons still great?

Why are rockets a thing? Do I need to EFT everything all over again from 2011?

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline?

Why is isboxer banned?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

quote:

They added skills to the game that boost your base sensor strength

???????

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="459199141"]
sup jm

hit me up in-game

Resubbing for $0 will take some time, but itshappening.gif

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Do you guys remember when goons made a big deal of that Red Overlord FC getting paid the big bucks to play eve online, defend moons and the renter regions so they could RMT all the isk. The situation is totally different now amirite

new car, new flat, new life

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

vyst posted:

Remember when you got banned on goonfleet.com. Those were the good ol days

Yeah it was probably deadtear that banned me, but you should X up for pos destruction paying for someones rent.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Tiberius posted:

*you're

Rape caging super towers is very nearly a complete waste of time, over the last 5-6 years and at least a good dozen rapecages I've seen exactly one super die in such a setup. GSF could cascade, you could blue up the rest of Eve for all time and spend the next several years popping Adderall for 48 hour hellcamp marathon vigils like the sad autists you are -- you're still not catching poo poo because people are either going to DT trick their poo poo out, clear bubbles and wait for you to snooze, or remain logged off until it's safe.

Line members that don't have trillions in assets from 5+ years of farming with dozens of carriers/ishtars can continue rat in the space we still have. Failing or in addition to that, they can continue to engage in the myriad of exciting PVE opportunities your ankle hugging blues have claimed as reasons they didn't really need sov when we chain evicted virtually all of them over the last several years.

Boat and Asher are farming your pets like a cash crop daily, the reddit entosis slaves are going to get tired of being farmed and the implicit promise that by joining the PL entosis slave camp your lazy bittervets would carry them not being fulfilled and gently caress back off somewhere they can maybe, one day, be more than a meatshield with upvotes and entosis links. Then we're going to move onto the next weakest link.

This reminds me of Sir HVAC himself

quote:

FAT has fallen, VC-V2 has fallen, 5-N has fallen. The final battle for FAT was supposed to be epic, and at russian primetime, today, got faulted by Evil Thug blowing up his own fleet with a doomsday.

No resistance has been seen after this. Sov has fallen, station is in BoB hands, sov will switch to BoB after tomorrows downtime.

Next please.

<insert goonie random spam>

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if you're responding to despera you're doing this

when you should be doing this

Way to Titan shame

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

oh no ive been outed for my dota posts, calling sion stupid, calling boat stupid and fat, and egging on darius whatever will i do

tbf boat is a large marge last i knew in 2011 when he never left his chair to do anything but poop and perhaps shower. Though I wouldn't doubt if he had a custom chair that had plumbing and skipped hygiene

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

cravius posted:

Which one of you is this?

That guy needs some meds, and to take a vitamin-d break for a while.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
No pokanos. I actually chatted with him on Monday :3:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

So this happened in Horde:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003687/201604281600/

They lost 738M isk in ships, and failed to kill the dread :shobon:

How did the dread track them? They were moving around at 4-5k right?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Will take note, use supercaps on faction caps.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

VideoGames posted:

I am looking at various ships in the mining ship tree and a lot of them look extra cool!
Is there any way to learn skills a bit quicker?

You can buy skill injectors, timecards to sell for isk to buy a new char, or buy chars off people for :10bux:

If you train cybernetics to V you can use higher grade implants, I think its still 1-5. You should at least have 4's at all times, probably 5s in empire.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

VideoGames posted:

I am so sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean by 4s and 5s.

Cybernetic Subprocessor - Advanced
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Basic
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Elite
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Improved
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Standard

That is a single implant class for whatever attribute, with 1-5s. Check them out ingame or http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Implants#Attribute_Enhancers

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

YouTuber posted:

so stupid already replaced i mined all the minerals myself so the ship was free so stupid
ALREADY
REPLACED.

Watchout for that Zungen guy spacefriend, he is also a cool dude.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Ynglaur posted:

Can't we all agree that DJ hasn't changed and still acts unhinged on the Internet and makes funny drama in EVE?

Did you even play with DJ or is this comment based on something someone else told you?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Have the GSF sent out red pen eve mails yet?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Paco Vato posted:

Deadtear said a few pages back that a key thing is that if you're in waffe you don't get purged for not toeing the line. I'd just like to say that is the #1 reason that I love the in-game corp is because I really can do whatever I want - the game is truly a sandbox experience in that regard. I actually didn't believe I had so much freedom (aside from the no goonfucking obvious stuff) so I asked about it in a thread when I was newer. I still click those paps though when I stumble into a fleet because I'm down for the metrics -- big fan of those too. The great infrastructure is one of the things I enjoy so much about the alliance.

You come across as someone that was never under the ire of the illuminati for having spacefunsies under a structure they did not approve of.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
So scrap refining is worthless, datacores were made worthless or will be soon, apparently faction goods are no longer contract based so contract flipping is out. What are people doing these days, station trading plex/injectors/minerals? Manufacturing :sterv: ? character flipping?

Also someone explain to me why I left 8000 warp disrupt probes in a conquerable station in delve, thats like a billion isk in bubbles :cripes:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Yeah It cost me basically nothing to make them in 2011. Trit was 2 back then :rip: mining botters

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

YouTuber posted:

I've been recommending this to the thread for the better part of two weeks. I've been running a group over in Horde called ISBAD to teach newbeans who have hit the T2 cruiser skill range to play this style of play properly. Drop the neuts though, we fit them like this because the ratters have a huge explosive resistance hole. You can drop most ships within 30-45 seconds with this fit. Neuts are only worthwhile for endurance fights, you're looking to get in and out quickly.

I'm glad it exists again. When I quit back in 2011 the only ratters in space you would come across were bots so blackops camps were utterly pointless.

If you timed your logins just right you could catch the bot carriers with supercaps which was p fun. The biggest blueballs is when you tackled a mothership and you found out there is a jammer as you are trying to cyno your gang onto them :sigh:

Salastil whats happening

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
How is supercap proliferation these days? I don't see many fights of 50 titans a side yet. Are rank and file scrubs still in motherships?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Hold the phone aggression timers are forever?

well thats a p funny change

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 16, 2016

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

How do you feel about turning Goons into BoB?

Also why were you always on me for being EO2.0 cause that never played out you see insert tilde character here. If you actually played the game you'd have known blackops under TheAdj was awful and full of failures post EO and no one wanted to join that flaming mess willingly.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Glory of Arioch posted:

pretty good, we're better at being bob than bob was, and we didn't even need ccp dev spawned T2 BPOs to do it

Maybe you're spacepoor, but isk hasn't been a problem since the supercap race started in 2010/2011.

evilweasel posted:

guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys you're too meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean you're the new bob

You've become what you fought against for years, perhaps out of necessity but perhaps you are not objective to see it. Perhaps it is tilde Evolution tidle

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Speaking of Evolution, Lady Scarlett is taking your space :psypop:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

evilweasel posted:

oh no the shitlords attacking us think it is us who are the shitlords :ohdear:

I thought it was because you tried some lowsec crusade for isk not because you have hoovered up every pubbie that wants to rat in deklein or be a buffer alliance to goonswarm federation which is in no way related to goonswarm.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40hu3rkRy5Q lol

evilweasel posted:

every time someone tries to use "you're the new bob!!!!!" all it does is fill me with a warm fuzzy glow about how completely we dragged their name through the mud after we won

nobody ever knows what they mean by that statement, just that being bob is bad

TheMittani is basically SirMolle but getting paid to play like Nync.

Who controls that static plex now anyways?

VideoGames posted:

I am afraid, colleagues, I would never probate or ban someone for the promise of rewards.
Even if I did probate someone, I would decline any gifts afterwards because it would be so unjust and unchill.

If you want me to max out your corp size for free let me know, I sent you an eve mail about it :)

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Rhymenoserous posted:

See this right here is where you derailed. Theadj spearheaded what may well have been the most destructive in isk value Blackops Campaign ever (Hundreds of ratting carriers/plex runners/jump freighters in a very short period) and subsequently collapsed a rental empire and it's master alliance due to bankruptcy.

All he was good for was dying on his own deployments before I left. Post the alliance and time frame I'm interested to see this

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

evilweasel posted:

goonswarm is what did it to eve, and i also played through the dividing line

i don't really care if goonswarm was influenced in that direction by someone else as it's really only you that are claiming it was some magical creation of a culture out of nothing, as opposed to taking the culture and imposing it on the rest of eve

but uh, go ahead and keep ranting about social justice randomly in a discussion about spaceships

Didn't GSF tone down the casual racism and such because of your pubbie influx? Or is there still the lobby crew sitting there throwing out terms of endearment for all to hear?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

evilweasel posted:

like im not some guy waxing poetic about the strength and righteousness of ~trogoonery~ like our friend darius 'redditlord' johnson

it's just one of those many hilarious things we did, like making bob a byword for whatever you don't like in an alliance, or commissioning a completely 100% accurate series of comic books that is the official history of the fall of delve and collecting 100 plex while doing it and shutting out every dumb pubbie story

This is a lot of words to say "yes". Why are you talking about DJ?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
You don't need to explain why you left goons to have fun in another corp Zephyrine. Just have fun

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
tl;dr I worked at abu ghraib and we need to break their spirits in eve online with these enhanced interrogation techniques applied to a video game

That guy is p sweet

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Sounds like BoB in PR-

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
PI puts you on a dangerous path in eve, a schedule. If you've ever run reaction chains, or mining pos you can extrapolate what this entails. If you haven't good luck :downs:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

xtothez posted:

The disbanding itself was Mittani's thing, Darius made the call as CEO abandon our existing space and throw everything into Delve.

edit: the drama was mostly about Darius not being mentioned in the book and stomping off to make his own reclaim Goonswarm, with blackjack and hookers.

We were also bleeding out in the south against R0L, AAA, and SE at the time and would've eventually lost or lived in Scalding Pass.

evilweasel posted:

Basically, the guy said he's reluctant to go any farther because after the fall of BoB, everyone involved is still fighting today so it's much harder to get to the truth when everyone's still spinning.

The short version is: following the conquest of Delve, goonswarm sort of stagnated without a major enemy. BoB reformed under IT Alliance and drove Pandemic Legion out of Fountain, and was attacking Goonswarm. At that point, CCP had made a major change to the sov system: instead of keeping sov by keeping POS online, you kept it by paying maintinence bills for all of your systems. When CCP changed the sov system over though, it made it so that every bill was due on the exact same day. At this point Goonswarm had had a few leadership changes - Zapawork took over from DJ, and then Karttoon (a guy who had become popular by popularizing ganking miners in highsec) took over from Zapawork.

So, one day, all of goonswarm's bills came due. Except Karttoon was on vacation, and the CFO (niart epar) had told everyone he was barely playing, and those were the only two people with access to all the money. So, the bills didn't get paid, and Goonswarm lost sov over every single system, at once.

IT alliance and its allies reacted by managing to take sov over Goonswarm's key systems before Goonswarm could (the market and the capital staging system), which lead to the leadership deciding Delve could no longer be defended and evacuating. At this point, Karttoon came back and when everyone told him he was (to summarize) an incompetent moron who should resign, he stole the alliance and all of the assets he could get.

So, Goonfleet all moved into Goonwaffe, an old GoonSwarm corporation that had gotten mothballed. Darius came back to lead Goonwaffe, which formed a new alliance with a gimmick name ("LODRA"). At this point, one of the major schisms that still haunts this thread happened - the black ops corporation, "Elitist Ops", and Darius got into what can most politely and succictly be described as a dumb loving slapfight. This led to Elitist Ops being kicked out of LODRA and joining Pandemic Legion, which lead to a further slapfight between Darius and the leadership of Pandemic Legion.

At some point in time here, Pandemic Legion tried (and failed) to gank one of LODRA's titans, further straining relations between the two. From this point on PL and LODRA (and later GSF) have been fairly hostile.

LODRA had moved to syndicate, and then later invaded Cloud Ring. My recollection of this is that Phreeze just organized and started the invasion and DJ was not pleased, but it's a bit hazy. We conquered Cloud Ring and then promptly lost it because our enemies had a lot of supercaps and we did not. At this point, I believe Vile Rat (though I'm not clear on the details here and may be wrong) to let TCF let us move into Deklein. Also at some point in time while we were in syndicate, some of the old Goonswarm corporations left to form a splinter alliance "Here Be Dragons" (hilariously, now Darkness's renter alliance in deklein) over what can most politely be described as having had enough of DJ's style of leadership. I'm not entirely positive about the timeline of these events - they all happened around the same time.

DJ then got a job at CCP and had to quit. He appointed The Mittani as CEO of goonwaffe/LODRA. The Mittani then refounded the alliance as Goonswarm Federation and closed the LODRA alliance. At first, GSF lived in one constellation in Deklein, and then when TCF started to decline they turned the whole region over to GSF, and GSF took their place as part of the Northern Coalition.

From there, the cliffs notes are that Pandemic Legion and Triumvirate (which formed an alliance called "Northern Coalition." to make everything confusing) and some other allies conquered and destroyed all of the Northern Coalition except GSF. They made an attack on GSF's capital, VFK, which ended in a hilarious disaster and left GSF in charge of the remaining alliances left from the Northern Coalition, which were renamed the ClusterFuck Coalition ("CFC", later renamed to The Imperium). GSF then reconquered the north over a year or two, evicting all of the alliances that had conquered the old NC and installed CFC allies in the region instead. The collapse of the CFC/Imperium's stranglehold on the north is the current war.

I've left out some other stuff, like the strangling and murder of TEST Alliance, universally agreed to have been a gaggle of shitlords at the time they were murdered (even by their allies at the time, who propped them up to try to keep the CFC in check, and even by the current leaders of TEST). But that's the very broad strokes of how the universe at the end of the book became the one we're all arguing over today.

In Syndicate we fought against ev0ke who were widely known to exploit an item dupe exploit with R64 reactions and ended up with a massive supercap fleet for the time due to this. We couldnt't man up to them and their other friends at the time, occasionally traded supercaps (when goons could actually hold a tackle which was a huge problem from 2008 to 2012)

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Endie posted:

That was me. Darius was going to move us to Venal and the (old) NC had said they'd reset us if we did. I said something like "give me five minutes before you do that" and spoke to Sil, who gave us either N-T or DKUK - I always get confused there - and so it began.

It was DKUK IIRC

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

fixed for accuracy

Some things never change, I didn't want to extrapolate because I didn't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Timewarp: https://zkillboard.com/related/30004935/200911231900/ :argh:

When you counted dreads +1 X up in capswarm and got dunked by the Russians and :poland:

edit: it was x's, we x'd up ahaha

evilweasel posted:

Yep! The reaction farm got me from poor to moderately space wealthy, guidance systems got me to not really needing to care about isk. Sadly I'd actually burned a lot of isk on a previous bug in the PI introduction where you could reprocess cynojammers into P4s - we laundered our p4s into outposts so they would evade CCP's breaking of the P4s, but that wound up only tripling our money and locking it up until well after the GS train had sailed. So I only wound up getting about 5m, while Aryth got something like 40m.

we tipped off all of illum but figured we could't tip off everyone without ruining it, unfortunately. Fortunately everyone still made money, except Trzzbk - who got tipped off when they were 418 isk, decided not to invest because he always lost at patch speculation, panicked when they zoomed to 20k the day after the patch, bought in then, then panicked again when they fell to 10k and sold them all :laffo:

Trzzbk was never good at making isk

YouTuber posted:

PL killed Atlas and various friends. As lodra was losing a war to ev0ke and becoming a TCF pet pl did a full circuit of the game starting in Geminate. We then went to scalding pass and blew up Atlas. Then we went south and blew AAA up. Something they never recovered from. Then we started blowing up IT alliance but got requested to do there NC in whom had moved into geminate after we purged there region. This pissed the Russian off so we killed the NC for them.

The "goons won eve" line is pretty hollow since pl had broken up every coalition during 2010-2010 and they never organised to be as powerful as the old great war coalitions. Everyone was smaller and weaker because it afforded them more freedom from God awful pubbies like MoA.

Go read the old israd thread we used to post about our adventure until we got too :effort:

PL has been the wrecking crew for a long time. Even when BoB lost sov, they were there with Razor / MM/ TCF burning down the hundreds of POS. POS sov was awful :cripes:

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 24, 2016

• Locked thread