Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zasze posted:

This is bs there are plenty of people who have left gsf that are merely vacationed and not purposely on the black list which was a huge pain in the dick to ever get people off of because the normal line is "well they are probably on here for good reason *stares at endless sea of blacklist entries with the reason tag empty* "

Reading comprehension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

The last few pages of this thread is pretty much a series of the following exchanges:

side a: you do a terrible thing society dissapproves of and are thus bad people
side b: well you do it too
side a: do not
side b: here's an example
side a: well you lot do this other terrible thing that society frowns on
side b: tu loving quoque
side a: nuh-uh
sibe b: well here's some example
me: sanctimonius aloofposting

and so on for eternity in the "Eve Online: Well you did it first" thread.

On reddit some idiot posted a "Name one thing TEST leadership has done that was as awful as *insert random thing a gsf member did*".

It was a good day for me because I have a memory longer than a goldfish and pointed out that when Mittens had his little "Lol and harass this guy till he kills himself" moment at Fanfest, Durrhurrdurr went out of his way to harass the guy and publicize the harassment. Naturally this caused goalposts to shift to "Name something one of our leaders have done in the last five minutes."

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

I was recently introduced to the notion of malt vinegar on what you call "chips" (fries). That was a pretty neat innovation I must say. It was tasty.

Boardwalk style fries w/malt vinegar is the best.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm cool w/jeffraider because he winds grath up and it's really funny.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the sky being a slightly different shade of blue throughout the day winds up grath dude

This went a bit beyond that. Way way back in 2012ish PL and Topgoon were making GBS threads on the same region around Christmas time, they had some Christmas coms thing going on where they'd invite random people on their coms (In a bit of coincidence we were using an open private mumble server to make pubbies sing to us, but that's a digression), so a good chunk of Topgoon hopped on PL coms and got to listen to low grade attempts to troll us, and high grade successes of Jeff winding Grath the gently caress up. All in all it was entertaining.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

I'm shocked you didn't just get banned instead

Pointing out the emperor had no clothes actually got me a little Karma, the biggest problem I have with r/eve is the big fat institutional blinders they wear. I remember the 2010 Fountain Invasion and 3 hours of straight misogynistic garbage flowing out of coms as Durrhurrdurr and DBRB chain harassed some girl who dared sound black and female on the internet. It wasn't the last time I've quit coms in disgust, but it is absolutely the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had the pleasure of listening to in this big stupid game. I still don't go on boat fleets some six years later because of my general distaste over that.

Durr is the biggest "Me Too" on the internet, he throws himself full body in front of whatever the zeitgeist of the moment is, and attempts to "Out Do" whatever awful thing is happening at the time. Right now the zeitgeist says that "All that poo poo Was Bad" which I don't disagree with, but he doesn't get to rewrite history with him in the position of "Sterling Knight of The People" because he condoned and joined in on lovely behavior when it was available for him to do so and it seemed like a "Popular thing to do at the time."

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

Heinz is a superior condiment maker in all ways over Hunt's. Although Publix's generic brand is actually pretty good.

Publix deli sammiches are the poo poo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

i think he got a bil or two, which is more than most newbies but he's also way cuter :shobon:

Not really way more anymore. Do something cute and it literally rains.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sounds more like the Delimiter dudes are stupid than anything.

That's just farting in the wind. Most colo's and webhosts are setup the same stupid way, source: Me I've worked for a few and since worked with a few. If someone jacked their IP they'd know it immediately because shocker: TEST's mumble server would start dropping every few seconds during that entire period. Also creating a separate vlan for every vps/colo would be a giant pain in the dick and a management nightmare which breaks the cardinal rule of webhosting "Keep this poo poo as simple, cheap, and hands off as possible because our sysadmin turnover is so high that we need it to be managed by half trained dullards."

More than likely what happened is the dumb idiots let a botnet loose on their own server and welp. poo poo happened.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jazzzzz posted:

yeah, the big girl liked that on her pizza

:barf:

quote:

some of it was like Velveeta, some of it was more like thick orange play-doh that smelled of unwashed feet. I grew up relatively poor so in grade school I helped out in the cafeteria as part of a free lunch program. The honey that was served with chicken nuggets came in a giant can with "USDA Grade C" stamped on the side, the cheese came wrapped in wax paper with USDA writing on it, etc. This was early-mid 80s

Cheese isn't supposed to be a neutral odor, the best tasting ones usually stink a bit.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

american cheese isnt actually cheese dude

yeah it's a plastic.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

You accomplished less than Deadtear though.

This is stupid. Vyst turned Auth from a "roll the dice and hope cap is sober enough to do it this week" thing into a "you will be in within a few hours thing".

Like I think he's a dick too but let's not pretend he was a paper director either.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Do we not just post "shut the gently caress up boat" whenever he posts now?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VideoGames posted:

I'm a bit lost by who and what today.

Basically anyone in a nullsec leadership position is a fuckwit who get super mad about space tribalism and like to painstakingly and hypocritically point out the flaws in others that they themselves share while having the same sense of self reflection that let's my cat lick it's own butthole for hours on end then get snobby about the kind of food I bought.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

i know you're being an idiot but you've blundered into your correct answer of the day: too much is going on in eve to do the same thing as everyone else is. Most people are directors because they like a specific area and do a lot in that specific area, so you can be somewhat blinkered. For example I wasn't great about making ratting space a priority initially this war because I haven't ratted or really needed to worry about isk in a long time, so it doesn't have the sort of emphasis in my mind that makes me remember it's actually important. There's things I know intellectually are important, but because they're not important to me they're easy to forget.

Or, because I know the overall war strategy and know why we're doing things, it will not occur to me that someone on the outside looking in may think something is dumb or pointless or counterproductive because they don't have the complete picture (and the flip side: that I may be inured to people thinking something is dumb because they don't have the full picture that I miss when they're right and I'm wrong). I don't have the time to go on strat fleets so I don't know as much about that area of the game either.

So it's important to know all of those gaps in what I know and what I will instinctively pay attention to, and work to counteract them. And that's because my experience isn't everyones, and I need to actually pay attention to how it's different and not just generalize from how I play the game.

I'm going to be the guy throwing poop against the wall a little bit here, but imo our leadership has been disconnected since 2013, and it's being seen in the number of defections. Like it or not the fact that the ex-mouthpiece of our organization is vehemently against what we are now is troubling as gently caress to a line goon. Continuing to demonize the likes of him and for that matter kismeteer for gently caress ups real or perceived does a ton of damage to our credibility as an organization. Especially if we take the current situation into view and see much greater mismanagement is directly responsible for the situation we are in.

The only reason I'm sticking around is literally because of the friends I have on the inside and that goons as a nullsec power is fundamentally an idea that is important to me. Basically I'm here for GSF. You guys as a whole have a perceptions issue you absolutely must get a handle on, and that's going to require some real talk and not a hurfy fireside chat.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

go3 posted:

is this for real

Or we can just put blinkers on and ignore it and hope it goes away.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

once again, while not a director if you have actual problems you can come to me and if it's legit I'll advocate the poo poo out of it and I'm noisy enough that I get some response at least :)

Most of what I had to say was already written in that hurfpost you said you agreed with. It's all poo poo that needs worked on.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

Thanks for the effort post Weaselior. I haven't been on Elysium for the past week due to work, so it's nice to know problems are at least being acknowledged rather than ignored.

Rebuilding the Goon Empire in Eve (a terrible game) will be fun.

Agreed. This is the kind of poo poo we want to see. Half of our pubbies are gone. I want real problems and real solutions, not hurf.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Despera posted:

Its not real money for fucks sake. Also gj with whoever came out with the windows 98 look of evening games.

I never found out if the differing chip numbers meant anything.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Okay, maybe it's me. But I have a hard time taking claims of "Just being hands off going to find myself in eve online" seriously of people who join PL.

PL is basically Eve's Wayward Home For Ex Goonfleet Goons who Just Can't Stop Trying To Stir poo poo In Goonfleet's Soup Pot.

It's the eve retirement home. It's where you go to bitch about them darkies and young people with their hippity hop music whole driving around riced out golf carts that cost more than most people's houses, and you elect people like sherif Joe to squat on the undesirables so they know who the boss really is.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

We actually like hip hop in the retirement home buddy :colbert:

Buy only that nice MC hammerer guy, I hear he became a reverend once he found jesus!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think you mean Rev. Run from Run DMC, and if you don't like him then you're a piece of poo poo.

Shut the gently caress up DBRB.

Nope. MC Hammer also became a preacherman.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

darth cookie posted:

The last 10 pages have been bad and I feel bad for having read them. Aside from Weasel's realtalk. That's good. More of that please.

Sorry but the kimesemus ownzone of daberb was outstanding. The fact that this idiot was allowed to blacklist people over him getting kicked out of a goon guild in another game is stupid as gently caress and any roles he had that aren't required for FC work should be pulled. It's like we keep making the same mistakes over and over again and are shocked when the results remain stupid.

Maybe we should go ahead and give mandozer another in as well.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Also there is no change that is more real and lasting than killing someone's sov, especially if it's something expensive like Deklein. Spaceships and titans can be bought back, but losing sov really hurts no matter who you are. And it's not always replaceable, at least immediately.

Pfffttaaahahaha.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

and any act that removed you from them would be nothing short of an extinction-level event, so yeah i am gonna chalk that up to a bigger loss than losing a titan in aridia or w/e

lol that's some hefty hyperbole you have there.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hubbl3 posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/204685-the-great-hobo-war/

No-spin daily summary of the war.

Half a trillion? B-R costed like 20-times that and it didn't kill PL or NC. or even N3. How would that be an extinction-level event?

it needs a color code update because some of the stuff in green is actually hostiles fighting other hostiles which while good to us, isn't actually a net positive.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hubbl3 posted:

Half a trillion? B-R costed like 20-times that and it didn't kill PL or NC. or even N3. How would that be an extinction-level event?

Globby can only count in jumpfreighter loads of isk. He literally has no clue how much "A lot of money" is to something like GSF.

Sure, a half a tril isn't pocket change, but it's not a "Welp just loving disband because we're broke" amount either. We've got individual members that could bankroll more infrastructure than that. I seem to remember aryth breaking a trillion like 4 years ago. God knows what he's at now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jazzzzz posted:

Let me make sure I understand - was this dude ratting/running am anom in a Sin? 1) wtf 2) how do you lose a blops BS to an exploration cruiser?

Sin and stratios do similar DPS, stratios is omnitanked, sin is tanked vs rats so probably had a giant explosive hole OR em hole depending on if he shield/armor tanked it.

Even if the sin was omnitanked whoever thought to shoot the other guys drones first would win.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

I had no idea it was an option until it was offered. So I accepted. I felt I could spend that isk on better things.

To be fair Ted should probably take an evening and just return all the isk on his own initiative to the people who donated for the JU- XL citadel.

If an XL citadel looks feasible some time in the future. The project can be restarted again. And the people who believe in it can donate then.

Tell you what, have your horde diplos contact our diplos about this, we'll see what can be done.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

p7hk9 posted:

Those terms were included in the original post when I started collecting ISK. Anyone that wanted their ISK back could get it at any time.

"I couldn't be arsed to be involved in Theta entire time I was in the alliance (except to berate them for not making my life easier), but I know what's best for them now!" :fuckoff:

I for one think it's hilarious that all of these people had deep seated concerns about the alliances direction, but stuck it out until times got tough them mysteriously their scruples appeared.

Meanwhile I took the exact opposite tack: I was thinking about leaving because of my deep seated concerns about the alliances direction, but then goings got tough and I decided to re-invest in hopes that it would be a catalyst for some changes.

Farg posted:

mittani just disbanded goonswarm go look

Welp time to go suck up to Darius after making snarky posts at him :v:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

Are we talking about the same theta that runs a JF service to a station in Fade (Thanks guys!) and has been stocking it with ahacs and has been active in the region for over a month now, oh and between them and blops consist of 90% of the active entosis people working the region? That Theta? You do realize that in order to keep a "Finger on the pulse" it has to come out of your own sphincter right?

EDIT: An active squad of people that back eachother up even when doing stupid poo poo like ratting is about the only thing that I'm 100% fine with in the coalition. What the hell is wrong with you? It goes right back to what P7hk9 said: You can't be arsed to be involved with these people at any level, yet feel the need to comment on what they are doing despite not actually knowing what they are doing. It's pure self righteous hubris.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 6, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

ah the SA eve thread -- where the high opinions of departed friends go to die.

I still respect endies views (and talk to him on skype) , and I say hi to foehammer whenever I pass x70. But when someone is posting factually wrong poo poo thats easy to suss out while jumping up and down and screaming "This is what's wrong!" I'm going to generally assume they are either stupid or at least myopic in the extreme.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

nah dude, vyst left and EVERYONE IS making GBS threads ON HIM FOR LEAVING, and not just me because i dont like him

He left and I told him I didn't particularly like him but that he did a bang up job on auth stuff which was a hot mess prior to him. I don't think personally liking someone is necessary for having respect for them. Hell I've got a whole list of people who I think are great at the game, but that if you locked me in a mumble channel with them I'd go mad.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't move VGS poo poo. I taught him about contracts though :3:

Syndic you reached a new level of loving baked/drunk last night. I'm legitimately impressed that you are still breathing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

I am loving hurting man

You asked us where the camp was setup like 8 times last night.

Dramatic Reconstruction

"Oh god where the gently caress are you guys at"

"XXX System on the xyz gate"

"I've got like five clients uh I'm in x36..."

*LONG SILENCE*

"Uh where the gently caress are you guys at"

"*laughter* XXX system on the xyz gate, we're going into XYZ to kill ______"

"Man I got cockblocked by some BITCH tonight, I logged in my booster"

*Long silence*

"Where the gently caress are you guys at?"

It went on like that for about 30 minutes with you loudly demanding we tell you where we were, us answering then you forgetting and asking ever louder.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

That doesn't sound like something I'd do at all! I do recall someone else logged in and I was like DON'T WORRY MAN THEY AREN'T IN loving YKSC!

Ask Rydis about it she was cracking up the entire time.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

That doesn't sound like something I'd do at all! I do recall someone else logged in and I was like DON'T WORRY MAN THEY AREN'T IN loving YKSC!

Do you remember a five minute long drunken diatribe about how you were really good at eve online then your sabre getting blown up? Because by that point I had just cloaked up and settled down to watch/laugh.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Foehammer007 posted:

you remember when mittani told that guy to die? yeah that was last time GSF was fun

the run up to fountain war was a blast.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

What I have thought about at times is making a small gang sig, which could be run one of two ways:

1) everyone in one sig, but no fleets bigger than X people allowed
2) the sig is subdivided into micro squads, you are given X pilots who will fly together, time to get gud

Both sound terrible in their own way honestly.

Slightly less structured but this already exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CommonShore posted:

One of the final ideas I had for Topgoon before Soth managed to get it gassed was as a zero-organization no-FCs squad which essentially had a few recommended fits and a deployment area as a playground in which almost anything goes and people get smashed down for trying to build little cults of personality. I guess it would be like a homeland defense standing fleet, except in someone else's space.

Could probably create a reasonably effective group by combining those two ideas.

(e. Soth shot the idea down because it wouldn't make him space famous)

I'm going to chime in on this because I'm still super salty about it all. We actually did that when I moved us into providence and it was fairly good. But more on Topgoon because it's my favorite topic to be really angry about.

Topgoon was fine doing what it was doing before Theadj gutted it, and then atrophied it by sending us to garbage regions. The only thing topgoon needed was more than one person who counted as adult supervision. Treph to a degree, but mostly Sothrasil and Guuldan were completely incapable of just having fun and killing nerds without doing something completely retarded, and getting in dick measuring contests with directors/FC's and generally causing hell. Someone absolutely had to be there to watch them like hawks. Guuldan literally had blackops drop on him because he was loving with their camp and I had to pause a movie I was watching with my girlfriend to deal with that. That's loving ridiculous.

Despite these awful loving people being the cause of 100% of my problems, Theadj laid the blame squarly on Trephs head (Mind you he had been gone for two weeks because he just had another hellspawn) and would not let me get rid of these loving misfits.

You want cult of personality bullshit? Soth is your loving man. That dude literally spent 3 hours crowing about how he had the keys to the FC channels and no one else did, because he was ~special~, he even had this long spiel about how he was more important than I was because he had those keys. Not realizing that Theadj had passed me those selfsame keys long before, amongst other things, but to me it was just a tool in my bag should I need it, not some ~thing~ to be lorded over my fellow pilots.

• Locked thread