Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:regd07:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

Doubly ironic since Querns is out soloing at the moment in an RLML Rapier. :getin:

i lost a rapier recently :negative:

im bad at pvp

also i didn't file for reimbursement, far beneath my station

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

an underrated ship for pro pilots only

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i am glad that the d-name-tier crew is reposting reddit thread OPs in the SA thread though thanks for that

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yeah ngl "meltdown" has pretty much ceased to have any meaning other than sorting hat for idiot

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CommonShore posted:

Just like "cringe-worthy." When I see "cringe-worthy," most of the time it indicates that the speaker had made a judgement about the post/article/hurf before reading a word.

any variant of "cringe" really

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Despera posted:

120b isk spaceship

lol if you paid 120b for a titan

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Tiberius posted:

Rape caging super towers is very nearly a complete waste of time, over the last 5-6 years and at least a good dozen rapecages I've seen exactly one super die in such a setup. GSF could cascade, you could blue up the rest of Eve for all time and spend the next several years popping Adderall for 48 hour hellcamp marathon vigils like the sad autists you are -- you're still not catching poo poo because people are either going to DT trick their poo poo out, clear bubbles and wait for you to snooze, or remain logged off until it's safe.

this is correct -- even though my super isn't in nullsec ATM, i've just let the account lapse and will re-up that account when it's safe

the new sov system makes super having 100% optional

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Despera posted:

How long you think you can tell people to stay loghed off before they just never log back in again?

you'd be surprised, staying unsubbed and logged off was how we had to operate with supers between 2010 and 2016 except for the period right after b-r and before CO2 ate poo poo

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Despera posted:

I don't know how something that is capable of killing everything easily isn't relevant Of course we should listen to the people who said "supers don't matter matter in fozzie sov" then proceeded to lose all their sov to said supers.

how exactly did the supers affect the sov contests

did they fit entosis links

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Despera posted:

They made all your subs stay in station. Seemed to work well.

nah, the mass of subcaps did

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

LemonDrizzle posted:

Suicide dreads have marginally more dps than they used to, but are made of tissue paper and broken dreams. If a few properly spaced titans with AoE doomsdays fire on a blob of suicide dreads, the dreads are going to vaporize.

do they not have plates or extenders where you live or something

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Goatman Sacks posted:

Super EHP nerfs are made up for by plates and their roll bonuses to those plates. Also armor dreads will need to sacrifice damage modules in favor of plates just to break even. I don't really see this updating as making dread bombing any more effective - though at least it'll be cheaper to lose dozens of dreads for no reason.

meanwhile naglfars exist

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Except, you don't need to rape cage the towers anymore, especially when your towers aren't there anymore and our towers are- you know, that whole thing where Supers and Titans can now be tackled by a POS now (thanks :ccp:).

are you planning on leaving enough shared accountstotally single-person-owned accounts around to gun the tower and focus down titans with enough scrams in the extremely likely scenario of a mass breakout

http://pos.gbs.io/#/tower/CIOyAxDLXxoGCJ2GARAy

each warp disruption battery inflicts 3 points so you need minimum 17 focused points to tackle a titan

so 4-5 people to gun per super per tower, and with a limit of 50 points per tower you are tackling at most 3 titans

scrams have easier fitting and double the points but only scram to 75km

and unless you're going to gun with your own supers you need to either have the shields down, which means your gunners are decloaked and shootable, or the shields up, in which case the bump will send the supers sailing quickly out of range of scrams and potentially even the points

so uh yeah this is a pretty stupid plan

e: it's actually 17 i forgot to round up

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 27, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Goatman Sacks posted:

I ran the numbers pre-patch on suicide frauding dreads, and it def. wasn't worth it, unless it was already insured from a previous scrapped dreadbomb

Chruker has disruption at 3 points, scram at 6. Still you'd need a lot.

yeah, meant disruption battery

i mention scrams a little later

will edit, thanks :thumbsup:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

point being it's a dumbass idea

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

we made all of them. ccp had to stop the release because we got them all.

same but i personally own them

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Despera posted:

Had to lose Deklein the patch before capital rats. What a shame.

you seem rather occupied with ratting, friend, is there something you need to admit to the class, or perhaps to yourself

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Oovee posted:

I have always felt the big grand battles are the reason why eve still exists, small gang/ alliance skirmishes dont really have the same draw as vast battles involving thousands. Never did understand why ccp tries to tune down the thing that keeps eve in the news.

because the Wrong People (goonswarm federation) win them

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

:furcry:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

the dumb dude didn't know we mostly exported ships to jita I think

[ASK] me about my bespoke artisanal locally-sourced moongoo and fuel blocks

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I said come in! posted:

Goonfleet should just go back to what it was during the original days of Eve-Online.

renting belts from some nobody in syndicate?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

4outof5 posted:

So what are you guys going to do to get goon internet space honor back? This was like the last thing goons where doing successfully anymore and you all hosed it up. How will I ever hold my head high at comicon and pax in my do you have stairs shirt now?

kill everyone

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

silentsnack posted:

Do you mean kill all the eve nerds or kill all the anime nerds irl? Both?

i don't imagine those groups have any non-overlapping members

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Since we've lost our SOV we don't want to push too hard and break them before we kill everything they have to rat with, so if the retaking of dek takes a long while I wont mind as long as there are ratters to kill. What's the minimum comp that can roam and gently caress ratters up? Do Sa Matra Specials work still?

there was that neut stratios that one guy flew a lot in deklein and killed some nerds, that probably still works on subcaps

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

justsharkbait posted:

This is an accurate statistic.

Yet there are those in eve who act like....its the only thing that matters in life.

wait are you trying to imply that spaceships arent the only thing that matters in life???? :prepop:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

man phorde and the mbc are just making GBS threads the bed on sov defense the last two weeks

how is it even possible to lose to us when we're outnumbered 5 to 1

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

you're the loving mbc step the gently caress up

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Orange Red Bull posted:

They were promised the third Great Eve War by CCP and the ~gaming media~ this assymetric small gang bullshit is unironically boring to them.

Not enough dank frags and killmarks in entosis frigate gameplay

like i don't get how we can continue to get away with the same strategy for fighting wars in this game

like for some of the people in PL and NCdot (ex-BOB) we've, in various iterations of ourselves, been doing this exact same thing for a decade

how do you not learn

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SperginMcBadposter posted:

How does this multiply isk? https://www.themittani.com/features/plex-wall-incident
I read over it twice and I still don't get how this does anything for him.

so it's twofold

part one: he used the crappy implementation of margin trading in eve to generate a nearly arbitrarily large number of buy orders by spending almost no isk, and did it before the patch so he paid the old lower tax rate

part two: he parked those buy orders at a price where it wouldn't be profitable for traders making new orders to pay due to the new higher taxes

so he was able to acquire plex at a superior margin

it's basically margin trading like normal, except abusing the tax changes and a Margin Trading skill trick to create a bunch of essentially unbacked buy orders

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

They've moved almost as many times as the Imperiums, but that count doesn't matter, amirite?

nah

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

So according to the sovmap you've made little to no progress and had little success holding systems- except for a handful of systems in Fade and dumpster space in Pure Blind.

Okay. Thanks for the update!

"the sov you're taking back in droves every single day isn't high enough quality, this means you're losing"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Endie posted:

An impressive ability to miss the point, but I'm struggling to state it in simpler terms: the imperium won't recover its sov when it gets ADMs low enough that it can sneakily set a few timers. It'll retake its sov - assuming that happens, which I do - when the balance of forces is sufficient that it doesn't matter if there are a few more minutes to hang around on grid, because they'll kill whatever comes along to try and disrupt enotosing. At that point, as happened in the first part of the war in the other direction, they'll contest a couple of timers then the opposition will gently caress off and the rest will be a dawdle.

Edit: as deadtear said, what I was saying about swordfleets is that they're about keeping people logging in. Not logging in is habit forming.

or it'll do it right now, literally as i am typing this

thanks donny

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Endie posted:

You're allowing the stress of recent weeks to interfere with the chillness of your posting and that is the one true sin in eve warfare.

you're out of your element donny

at no point has my posting ever been chill

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

but please continue to tell me things about myself, person i never once spoke to while we were both part of the same alliance

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

like do you even know what my in-game name is

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

when i phone post querns is autocorrect to queer, makes you think

that's a lie, phones autocorrect it to queens

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

please continue to tell me things about my phone, person i never once spoke to while we were both part of the same alliance

sure

phone autocorrect will generally value words that are the same length as the word you printed and whose letter substitutions are adjacent to one another, like "e" and "r"

furthermore,

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

vyst posted:

You can't fool me Prencleeve.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Endie posted:

OK I wholly accept that you're not chill. Well defended against that charge.

ty

"chill" is wet, unfunny stoner culture garbage in the smelliest dumpster

• Locked thread