Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Ground floor baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Pale Peril posted:

All appologies for being off topic, but I just saw the just announced 2016 Hugos Nominees and I now need a place to go vent.

As a relative SA newb and only having payed attention to the EVE forums this past year, I'm over due to exploring what else SA has to offer, anyway. Where should I go within SA to help relieve my frustration over the whats been going on with the Hugo's before I end up radicalizing and going all Sayyid Qutb on MRAs and related parties?

Fake Edit: Sure was a shock when I tried to post this and it kept failing because I had not realized the old thread was killed. Gosh, I hope this request isn't even more inappropriate in the new more neutral discussion!

Maybe you should try the book barn or somewhere other than a spaceship game politics thread?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

People's opinions on botting range from apathy to distaste with most closer to distaste than apathy. Now that you've connected your in-game character name to your SA account publicly you should never admit to doing it if you want to keep playing. Botting is one of the things CCP police most aggressively and several current or former employees are goons.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

vyst posted:

It's pretty simple. I don't want to do eve spacework anymore. I don't play eve. Illum is boring now. I don't care about the meta. I only really cared about it for trolling purposes. Goonfleet.com forums are garbage, and it needs bleach-style moderation of which I'm too soft for.

Does this mean we get the iron fist of deadtear back?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

:commissar:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

CainFortea posted:

What FC left?

Clay hakaari :v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Are we not talking about the Aeon we killed today? :v:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53696853/

:toot: :toot:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Actually he has been ratting in it all day. He was too easy to spook so we nabbed a thanatos instead. Then he warped the aeon in to save the thanatos, and well.

Note this is all second hand. But so far in the last week we've killed about five carriers, one dread, now a super, and a crapload of rattlesnakes.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and say these paisti syndicate guys stupid as gently caress and are going to get murdered by the bakers dozen and Horde has a better chance of keeping Fade than these jackasses do dek.

Of course this happens on a day when I don't have time to play

:madprops:

E: why isn't that an emote here :mad:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

JanIrvam posted:

Hey so I just shelled out the money to check out these forums mainly to get intel and figure out this whole goon thing. Rather than being smart and skulking quietly I just decided to blather some dumb stuff.

So after looking at these SA forums for a bit, like is there no complete forum or house of threads for Eve Online? Like all the Eve goon blather is going to be on the Goonswarm forums and all? Like not a lot of Eve crap actually happens here?

I finally decided to pay money and check out SA because Mittens is constantly saying that "our forums are so much better than /r/Eve" and all. But I am looking at the SA forums and I don't see any easily identifiable Eve goon place.

Oh, and does having this account make me a goon? I can't freaking stand Goonswarm.

:allbuttons:

VideoGames, this right here is why there is a long standing hatred of J4Gs on SA.

:frogout:

Lordbaldur posted:

this guy is like the guys ive been talking about, fkin dox him....

This here too.

Posting someone's personal information on the internet is bad and you shouldn't do it.

Sure doesn't look like he was in razor to me

Dalael posted:

See, this is a great example of a stupid post. A good moderator would do something about this.

I on the other hand, believe that even your retarded rear end has the right to :justpost:

Nah that was pretty goodmediocre, your posting on the other hand had veered back from 'kinda tolerable once in a while' to 'known cause of metastatic brain cancer'

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

mpaarating posted:

You've obviously not had boiled rib flavored chips. :canada:

Thank god thats not a thing

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Do you remember a five minute long drunken diatribe about how you were really good at eve online then your sabre getting blown up? Because by that point I had just cloaked up and settled down to watch/laugh.

Last time I was on when syndic was on a bender it was this story but a rapier

Endie posted:

^^ You're a good man. I can't be saved, though.

Given the issues with this lovely thread (like, for instance, the lovely, tired and overworked "oh no your name begins with d" meme) someone splitting his responses up (but still posting content) is pretty low down the list of shame.

Thanks Dendie

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Fureil posted:

What kind of change would we have to see in the game for the "meta" of sorts to move away from fast shield tanked ships and back to the slow armor brawlers? Every battle report I read is full of shield tanking caldari and minm boats on both sides, variety is the spice of life!

Join SV and fly armour confessors if you want something fun and different

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

vyst posted:

Thanks for the kind words folks. And just fyi I think they said they took 25 lbs of skin off.

Aaaaaaaaaaaas

This is a weird question but not a totally crazy one. Skin itself is quite elastic but scar tissue is not. It will depend on how they reattach things but it's not a major risk. Muscle is more problematic like that - I had a surgery where they had to crack my abdominal wall in half and I'll never be able to lift like I could without risk of major hernia or tearing.

vyst posted:

It's like anything with stitches if you go too hard you can rip them out. So I just have to be careful until it heals

Wait til they pull the drains out, I don't think I've ever felt something so uncomfortable, although mine was deep in my abdomen

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

What kind of dog is that? That's the kind I want

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Xolve posted:

Yeah, I didn't even know they existed until you mentioned them.

My god they're huge.

Definitely want one if I get more of a yard at my next place :)

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Boat isn't even a director, he's just loud.

He is, in fact, a director, he's just not an FC director any longer. He's the Merchi stakeholder rep. He can still hypothetically be squelched (banned from broadcasting) while remaining a director if someone gets mad enough at him but afaik that hasn't happened for a while.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

it's "kim said he wont leak ncperiod poo poo to get in" "ok that's fine" *kim leaks who gives a poo poo different loving game garbage from people he's played with for like 3 weeks* "HOLY poo poo HE'S A LIAR BAN HIM"

Which reminds me, did they make you a director while making you head mod or did you get snubbeddodge a bullet?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

So I noticed today that since May 5 there has been a ridiculous number of new players created. Is there some sale or new promotion going on that I didn't see? If I'm reading the chart right, we just had our highest single day ever of new player creations:

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Marxalot posted:

You're going to have some pretty incredible posting-regret when you sober up

Ferrets are gross and smelly and not cute

Unfunny Poster posted:

Drugs are for the weak.

I'm into hollistic alternatives.

Drugs that grow in plants are still drugs

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Can we go back to slap fights about doxxing, this is terrible

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Gb2YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

Also is it time to talk about afk cloaking next?

Yes, let's!

Lol at lumping in some random neuts in with us but separating horde and nc. Into their own group so they don't make you look bad

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

My favourite is PH and NC. forming the mystical 'third side' to this fight.

They would hurt the elite pvp isk efficiency otherwise you see

dragonstalking posted:

The Fabian Strategy is based on the defender having a ton of advantages that you no longer have, and most importantly time is on their side, which it is most certainly not for GSF stuck in lowsec.

You were not outnumbered or outgunned at the start of the war, that's the whole point; you had nearly equal numbers and threw it away to fold faster than BRAVE did.

4000 versus 1800.... Ok

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Nunes posted:

Sorry for not being clear before. I am talking in the frame of the similar type of activity. For example, If I were to look at a Wormhole PVP corp, they all pretty much say the same things, the only real difference I see is what time they are most active. I am also noticing similar things in FW corps (Minus the faction they represent) as well as Null corps (separating sov and non-sov null of course). I guess what I am really having trouble with is figuring out if I would fit into a group culturally or not. I don't want to waste people's time if I can figure out if I would be a fit or not before joining.

As far as what activity I am looking for, I want to get more into PVP things. I spent too much time doing PVE things and as a direct result. I am absolute garbage at PVP. Beyond that, I am not married to any other particular details. Every type of space presents a unique set of dangers and challenges that I can enjoy.

Join any Corp that looks halfway interesting. If they turn out to be awful steal everything not nailed down and find a new one :)

Somehow I feel like the parallels between Bush's mission accomplished and TEST's are lost on them

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Endie posted:

Really? You think that anyone in the western hemisphere thinks that Bush's "Mission Accomplished" can be used in any non-ironic fashion? Because if so, then they're maybe not the dummy here.

And yet apparently you do.

I mean ffs I used the same image in a war update when we left Delve early on whichever invasion that was (Delve 4? There were so many).

Ascribing to intelligent satire that which can be explained by stupidity is often a mistake

Glory of Arioch posted:

i'm glad it's working for you, vicodin didn't do poo poo for me

percocet otoh? :yum:

Post abdominal surgery my pain doc gave me 3 entire litres of liquid morphine 'just in case' and he winked as he prescribed it.

That's when I decided to get right the gently caress off that poo poo

Mnoba posted:

maybe my kids will die in a car crash, and i can buy plexes with the grocery money i'd save

:stare:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Eminai posted:

Pretty sure some people ITT would melt down when you tell them the sky is blue.

My sky is grey today :colbert:

What the gently caress is with that cat's eyes

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Xolve posted:

Sorry if my post sounds hoarse, I partied really hard last night ♥2♣

is that what you call Stellaris?

Weird

Xolve posted:

Who the gently caress is Solaryis Chtonium?

Some lovely TEST hanger on, I think. UP says Dark, but they're around both more often than not

Their CEO is a guy called Rick Riordan, we fought them when Reavers did a deployment to TEST's Wicked Creek recovery home

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Xolve posted:

I actually logged off last night before the caracal stomp because half our fleet was having weird client issues, and figured they wouldn't be a round two. :welp:

I wasn't really in the fleet either, just buzzing around in an interceptor. I reported your fleet docked up and then again when they undocked but the babby FC didn't get safed up in time and died.

quote:

Most of our allies share two common traits.

1. I don't know who most of them are.

2. I can't stand them.

I imagine this is what dealing with FCON/FA for years felt like for Goons.

Not really, actually? As a whole our blue list is smaller in terms of actual alliances so there's less people to know.

FA was like a kid brother always getting in fights and needing big bro to come help sort poo poo out and FCON were the weird cousins really into anime and RP, but aside from certain groups that they wouldn't blue (rip HS) they were pretty solid on the whole. This is my personal feeling at least, although I spent much of my ~space career~ in TNT due to loyalty to the corp I was in, so maybe the tone was different within GSF.

CO2 is like the third cousin twice removed that would show up sometimes when you needed to bail out little bro but was always jealous that your parents weren't drunks and you didn't have bruises so they tried to have you cut out of grandma's will and caused a blood feud

Zephyrine posted:

There are some donations yes but you can't build a future on some rich guys whimsies. You certainly can't become dependant on it. (see MOA and Gevlon)

Horde and karmafleet are almost mirror images of one another.

There's your problem right there.

As for genuine progress in the war. GSF is not making any. The main strategy at the moment is to try and wait out the MBC. To bore them until their member participation in the north drops below GSF numbers. Then to roll the north and take it back.

I don't care how the war goes. What I do care about is what direction the group I am in is going. GSF and the Imperium at the moment exists for one single purpose. To gather page viewers, stream viewers and ad clickers for TMC. That is the first priority. Internet spaceships is secondary. And because Mittens literally lives on this Alliance, his stake in it has become so serious that no means. Inside or outside the game are spared to advance it. And all that makes me sick to my stomach. Which is why I left.

When I joined Horde the conflict had started to turn. O1Y was bubbled most of the day and swordfleets often held the station grid. I expected Horde to be ousted from Fade within the month.

I used to think you were decent but you're like an ouroboros of koolaid

Landsknecht posted:

i'll get it out for a reasonable fee, pm me

Don't do this

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

vyst posted:

I heard a rumor DBRB got shitcanned. c/d?

Unless it happened in the time since I logged off at work (4:30 pacific) this is untrue

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

jm20 posted:

PI puts you on a dangerous path in eve, a schedule. If you've ever run reaction chains, or mining pos you can extrapolate what this entails. If you haven't good luck :downs:

Nah, because your PI poo poo doesn't suddenly become vulnerable if you can't tend to it for a few days. Do it when you can and don't stress it.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

everybody tries to come at my mod style but now everyone sees the divedends

I take no small pride in noticing that whacko actually soliciting email contact and getting that thread shut down

bluegoon posted:

Well I was going to go on with the thread but Deadtear deleted it, couldn't believe he did that, think at that moment I realized that GF was now serious fkn business.

No your thread was awful and creepy

the joke is you

:frogout:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

counterpoint: we extolled Xenuria with a seat on the CSM.

I can think more than one thing is stupid without them negating each other

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

bluegoon posted:

And just got kicked from PH, this is fantastic.

Think carefully about the one thing in common between your kick from GSF and your kick from PH, it will lead you to a place of enlightenment

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Xolve posted:

This was fun.

*gasp*

our guys thought it was fun too, the world must be coming to an end!

Phone says it's not even funny anymore and it is the most beautiful girl in the morning to all my friends

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Also gently caress whoever thought of Calvinball for the new thread name because it reminded me:
- there are no more of these wonderful comics being made
- I have them all in various anthologies on my shelf and now I'm going to do nothing but read them for the next week

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Morris posted:

Hey I only made the reference, it's Unfunny Poster's fault that the forums are waving it in your face :colbert:

Also all of my anthologies were semi-ruined when my parents' house flooded a month ago (and might actually be ruined now because it flooded again last week). I'm sorry guys I should have taken you with me :smith:

Hey, that gives you an excuse to go buy the new pretty hardcover anthologies they published in the last 5 years!

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

The problem with that in mind, I have a bunch of other things that you can also use the same time frame. The pro-slavery Dred Scott court under Taney, and the Senate approves the first time in the world of you who don't know what you want. Xenuria the best way to get the latest news from you and the rest of your life and death.

OK never doing that again. Seeded Xenuria midpoint.

You must be a lawyer for all that poo poo to be high priority in your autocorrect

Endie posted:

I wonder if Xenuria might not be confusing "CCP don't even challenge me when I talk about my grand psychological theories of player behaviour such is my obvious expertise" with "CCP ignore me". This is, after all, the person whose grasp of human psychology is such that he had an unwitting conversation with a computer about whether it was really his friend after the human participant got bored and handed over the reins to a bot.

Alternatively, the bot passed the Turing test. Which of these is more likely, hmmmmmm?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Otacon posted:

for what its worth thats a pretty epic rap sheet

:stare:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

all sins are purified at the alter of :10bux:

*altar

Otacon posted:

at first i was like "wow thats a lot of probations"

and then i realized there's a second page - i had no idea rap sheets could have multiple pages

Third page too

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Zkill isn't accurate with most of its stats though due to people not putting their APIs onto it. Hope this assists you in your argument.

Pretty sure zkill now pulls all killmails from crest hourly so doesn't rely on people having registered their old APIs any more.

Show me a kill that isn't captured and I will accept that I was wrong

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

jm20 posted:

My losses are not accurate from 2008.

Should have said 'recent' losses

Unfunny Poster posted:

Cite where it says it does that.

Was a conversation with a dev guy who did our srp coding so can't copy paste. Whether it's true or not doesn't make your assertion that zkill misses kills true. Show me a (recent) example.

https://zkillboard.com/character/878768739/

if your api isn't in zkill, your kills and losses don't show up unless you post them

ie: none of my suicide gank losses are showing up

There, this is how you refute anecdotal claims UP

Thanks, I'll tell my friend he's full of poo poo :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Squizz, the guy who makes Zkill, responded to a PM I shot him and made this PSA/thread a little bit ago to help clarify it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4m8jgm/zkillboard_does_not_automatically_get_all/

It wasn't a dodge but OK. PL's api isn't on zkill and that's something Squizz himself has commented on over the past few years in that not all PL killmails/lossmails are on the site.

I don't really get involved in the "zomg killboard stats :words:" idiocy. Then again I'm not a tryhard who focuses on that stuff when it comes to a video game like you guys. :shrug:

So you shot the zkill guy a pm about how his kb works but totally don't care about kb stats

These things seem inconsistent to me

• Locked thread