Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So who else bought dozens of carriers and triage modules to convert into FAX machines tomorrow because the FAXes are 300m more in build cost alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

jm20 posted:

Sorry for the questions I need to elitepvp my head around some things from 2011.

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe?

Ganglinks still are system wide and not grid?

What is the fighter change to supercarriers I've read about?

Doomsdays are still version 2 and not version 1?

Are falcons still great?

Why are rockets a thing? Do I need to EFT everything all over again from 2011?

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline?

Why is isboxer banned?

Hello friend let me answer your questions:

Can lokis still be fit to be unprobable? Has probing gotten better/easier than the drop 6 press probe? Nothing is un-probable anymore. Some fits require implants but anything can be probed.

Ganglinks still are system wide and not grid? This is soon being nerfed (very soon) and they will be on grid ONLY. You also can no longer boost inside a tower or anything.

What is the fighter change to supercarriers I've read about? They're basically becoming World of Warships carriers. Controlling squadrons remotely of various types and roles.

Doomsdays are still version 2 and not version 1? Neither, doomsdays are single shot, AOE cone, and couple other things now.

Are falcons still great? Not really, ECM is the worst of all the EWAR now bc it's chance based. Damps are the current fotm.

Why are rockets a thing? Do I need to EFT everything all over again from 2011? Rockets should be used virtually never.

Inties are immune to bubbles? so they warp through them and can't be dragged to a mobile or inline? Yes.

Why is isboxer banned? Because of people cheesedicking PVE mostly, but this is still a hotly debated topic.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Zephyrine posted:

Oh I enjoyed doing it. For a few hours a week. But then hundreds of people lose their minds because all their Eve possessions are going to be lost in hostile null stations and you just can't stop shipping to go play some FO4. You have to finish it.

And I really didn't expect there to be so much of it or for things to take so long. Through the whole thing I was certain that there was just another two or three days left before things were done.

It's probably a thankless job, but you saved a lot of assets for a lot of people, I've been reading your posts for the past month or so. I've had poo poo locked in nullsec stations after a losing campaign before or had corpmates lose poo poo simply because we couldn't get all of it out so people like you are a godsend. You did god's work. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So we left Shadow Cartel, and we've been making GBS threads up Syndicate with camps and fleets and honestly, for some reason, the game feels more fun than it has in ages to me.

Glad to see populations kicking back up in a real way too.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Goatman Sacks posted:

Isn't it time to change your AV? :v:

My avatar is now a memorial to all the heroes who deprived us of their company before their time. :negative:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Zasze posted:

Space Violence lives on forever in spirit.

Eldwinn and I want to found Space Violence dotdot2.0dotdot

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CainFortea posted:

so gently caress that :effort: for a crazy person who doesn't deal well with reality.

:allears:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Endie posted:

Hey d-boat there is a slight difference between ingame disagreements and out-of-game smear campaigns.

Not to him, he uses out of game smearing to get his way when he can't get it in a game. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

dabigredboat posted:

I never said Kimsemus doxxed me? What kind of crack are you smoking. Kimsemus is the guy that comes around once a month to an eve thread to go "Hey remember I still hate dbrb and need to post about this one time he removed my friend from a game guild because he was a pedo". That is all.

You're an irredeemable moron:

quote:

DaBigRedBoat [1:46 PM]

when you have an SA random that joined for guild from nc.dot trying to find out my real name from other goons so he can report me as a child pedo supporter, its pretty hosed up

You were a muck stirring piece of poo poo with a sense of unwarranted self importance pretty much from the moment you joined the AA guild, a guild which you had absolutely no hand in creating or put an ounce of work into, and yet you felt entitled enough to whisper every officer from the minute you joined trying to get control of it. You and gicer basically hit SPERGCON 1 as soon as you realized people outside of EVE don't give a poo poo about what happens inside EVE (and are well adjusted enough people to keep EVE drama in game), so you spent most of your time spamming the equivalent of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in rage on IRC and sneaking BFM back into the guild, whilst manufacturing controversy every chance you got.

You've posted about 8 times since you joined SA, you're not even a part of this community, you're just some idiot who enjoys calling people J4Gs despite being some refugee from a webcomic forum who is good at whelping interceptors in the wrong region a lot during a war. That is when you're not sitting in various jabber channels ranting about SJWs, justfying doxxing, how everything is a big conspiracy, and pitifully illustrating just how debilitating fetal alcohol syndrome can be on someone.

And when people outside of your hugbox rightly and roundly mocked you for your lovely behavior, you decided to take drama you created to an entirely absurd level, getting me and others banned from every community you had influence in, GSF included, by flat out lying to people. You violated pretty much THE core tenant of the blacklist by using it as a personal weapon to settle an entirely personal vendetta that existed in only your head, and then you flat out LIE, just like you were caught here, to save face.

I never doxxed you and I never tried, mostly because you're beneath me and I should probably just tell you to shut the gently caress up like every other sane person here, but I really felt it was important to articulate just how much of a cancer you are. I would say you're literally the only goon I've met online or off that I haven't been able to make friends with, but I don't think you qualify. You're more like a barely sentient caricature of a human being that basically just does awful poo poo because you were never properly socialized or hugged enough, idk.

tl;dr shut the gently caress up DBRB :toot:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 5, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Drythe posted:

Holy poo poo, legitimately calm down. Today is fake fun anger, not real.

I'm as calm as a hindu cow, I just wanted there to be no question about how I felt. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

shut the gently caress up dbrb. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Siets posted:

Speaking of being chill in space, here is my entire screenshot album from when Holesquad was constructing and celebrating our finished anchored citadel!

http://imgur.com/a/whWUZ

A few choice favorites:

Join Holesquad! We on the up and up! :toot:

I'm digging people carving out little empires in wormholes with citadels as the crown jewels

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Numismancer posted:

Let's see, enemies declaring victory and leaving (TEST, other random garbage), enemies fighting each other instead of us (Snuff/Shadow Cartel, TISHU vs Culture), increased desperation from Horde as they can't decide between us being totally ineffective and begging for PL to save them (or now having PL beg to get bailed out from 'the next BR-5'), GSF and friends retaining the ability to flashform 3 fleets to facefuck overconfident bad guys with.

It's almost like we spelled out that we'd be executing a Fabian strategy and have done exactly that since the C02 backstab, and all what we've predicted is coming to pass.

But isn't a strategy considered better when it works? :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Beanbox posted:

I got my blueprints out of Deklein, travelceptor all the way.

Life is good.

Pretty much the worst way to do what you did but glad you made it. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Well I guess Mittens was right all along.

This really is a war of sovless aggression now. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

might as well join the ranks of other elite entities and run l5s for money

good job quoting reddit hours late

Sorry I was watching Game of Thrones and hazing Snuff. :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Can someone give me a compelling reason why, if they hated the daily SP thing? I'm at 200m SP and I still rather liked the free SP, and it was super nice on my low SP alts, but a lot of people met the design choice with vitrol.

I know :ccp: is removing it next patch, but just wanted opinions. Also they're intensifying carrier micro, which is annoying, as they already require more micro to fly well than anything else in game.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Elsa posted:

I liked dailies and the SP.

also, I have some feedback about the discord auth instructions, they're totally not idiot proof. It doesn't say to hit enter til step 2, so I ended up typing !authme Elsa Praise Lowtax and then hitting Enter. My gut instinct told me no, it must mean hit Enter at step 1 also, but instructions are instructions :shrug:

edit:

I cleaned up the instructions per your advice, thank you!

I think really they should just start new chars at 10m free SP and call it a day.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
If any of you guys want to live in lowsec long term and do PVP stuff, let me know. Moved my corp from Shadow Cartel to Escalating Entropy with a lot of the former Snuff dudes and looking to pick up some more pilots. You can PM me here or in game if you like.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Orange Red Bull posted:

I wouldnt make that call until i see ncdot drop in 0.0 without PL

Dropping in Saranen is one thing because lol moonwalk out but dropping somewhere you can be bubbled requires bigger balls than enceedot possesses

and no, provi doesnt count

If you feel like you're strong enough to take on an engorged NC. even alone you're sorely mistaken.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

Publix is awesome.

Giant is also awesome.

Publix is probably the best grocery I've ever been to, hands down. I don't know how to explain it, but their layout just seems so incredibly efficient that, having never been inside one, I still knew exactly where everything was based on common sense. And their store brands are 10/10

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
hey am I unblacklisted yet

free me

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

cravius posted:

sorry gicer says no

if you invite me I promise to make him shitpost in rage again

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Daco Vato posted:

"The blacklist is not meant as a tool for directorate grudges"

Then why am I on it?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

Because you upset Gicer, DBRB, and Sion when you ignored them while playing a video game unrelated to EVE Online. Clearly a different thing.

:ohdear: if only I understood how to be such an eve mastermind like them

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

because you're a power climbing snake who got owned by dbrb

okay, just making sure those blacklists weren't being used to settle personal vendettas or anything

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ChickenWing posted:

I'm still lollin at the concept that the directorate has to have a reason for decisions they make beyond "get hosed nerd"

Of course they don't, it's just funny when "leadership" expects everyone to do what they say within the rules they set, then just sort of gently caress off and do what they want.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

maybe you shouldn't want to play with people who you see as inconsistent or bad?

but then again, you have a habit of getting banned from things you disagree with, so it's a self correcting problem

nah, I just like playing with goons.

I just think it's p funny when people take it so seriously. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Jazzzzz posted:

Is this just some sort of inside joke sailing over my head? Or do you have a compulsion to point out any moderately non-PC post made by a GSF poster?

nah

he points it out because antisemitism is always funny

just like having a chat channel deriding black people

the joke is it's not funny at all

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
hi

I heard justsharkbait was blacklisted as well since he's a known accomplice of mine.

while this is funny and I enjoy it, am I unbanned yet

ty god bless

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Baculus posted:

Will you post more if the directorate lets you back in?

yes. Or no. Could be both.

Reverand maynard posted:

because I dont want the loving power obsessed gently caress boy from NC. who tries to be in charge of the GOON GUILD in every mmo that comes out nowadays back on goonswarm?

Have you ever read your own posts and realized how retarded you sound

probably not

because you are actually retarded.

namaste

PS shame on me for providing goons with content for no personal benefit whatsoever, silly me

I mean ArcheAge worked out so well when EVE directormans tried to export their *ahem* "talents"

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
hey friends I saw for some reason I came up in conversation 20 pages ago.

Sion is wrong and has a terrible memory, to the surprise of no one. :v:

But the "interview" I had to do to get into goonswarm so I wouldn't have to dump the NC. leadership forums I had no access to was pretty funny. For all the :tinfoil: prowess of GSF leadership at the time I guess no one ever figured out I had pretty much no access to anything but were pretty mad I didn't forum dump anyway. :v: I was a USTZ diplo under LadyScarlet with no access to standings. :toot:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 7, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

tickets to the gunt show posted:

Care to be more specific? Or are you just chiming in to sling a little poo poo, no strings attached?

Sure!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&pagenumber=541&perpage=40#post464644797

Is the post in question.

It's true I wanted to jump ship and play with GSF, because NC. was quite boring at the time. Before taking Tribute NC. was a lot of fun but I didn't really enjoy the sedentary supercap PVP in my TZ (USTZ). It's also true JustSharkBait, who was a director in Burning Napalm and RL friend, came with me. We more or less had the same reasons.

I was in the TMC bullpen at the time because I wrote for TMC, asked if I could join, Mittens asked me to forum dump, I said no because that wasn't how I did things. I was told I had to do some stupid interview with Sion to get into GSF and prove my loyalty, so I wrote the most spergy responses I could think of and a lot of people got mad. This worked out super well because I had zero leadership forum access anyway, but no one figured that out until much later. :toot:

I helped lead the AA guild, and Gicer and DBRB showed up late and decided they wanted to try and run it like the EVE guild, which was dumb and stupid. We argued a lot. TL;DR most of the people that PVPed in AA (read, all the people that PVPed in AA) were sort of my crew, so the EVE director insurrection of 2014 didn't work out how they wanted, so they retaliated by getting be banned from EVE goons. I still have all the sperg posts made by Gicer that I've posted here before. ArcheAge was some legendary goon behavior, and all of it is way, way too much to cover in one post here.

It should be noted I was registered and active on SA way before any of this, as has already been pointed out. I helped found and still run with the BMW/FUCKGOONS clan that plays Rust and a bunch of other games, as well as helped to found/run the SA Discord network which something like ~2000 goons use. So the implication I registered on SA after this happened or to play EVE is pretty stupid and wrong.

I also never quit EVE, my corp history in game more or less simply reflects I went to lowsec and got small scale fighting without the ties of nullsec, which is something I thoroughly enjoy.

Anything else Sion said in his post is more or less accurate, I guess. But that's my take on it.

All of this is kind of localized drama to a select group of former directors in GSF though, as all the EVE goons I've met up with IRL and at meetups are chillbros that I drink a LOT of beer with.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 7, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

There isn't a whole lot of controversy between these posts. You've filled in some of the gaps, and I am somehow not surprised by DBRB acting whiny considering we've all experienced his temper tantrums and usually just ignore them.

Also - Sion's post in question literally says "He wasn't banned from goons for AA drama". And then basically says "He was banned from goons for AA drama". So no big surprises there. I am curious about the details of the director insurrection and the ensuing :derp:, but that's probably been covered before and I just missed it.

There isn't much to it, Gicer came after we had about 1500 folks in the ArcheAge guild. Gicer said he was "asked" to come help lead the guild, but no one except Gicer has any recollection of that happening. There was some unrelated drama that resulted in the original guild leader being ousted/quitting, and so the ship was rudderless as it were. Gicer tried to put DBRB forward as a PVP raid leader, except his behavior really wasn't well received outside of the EVE goons that played AA, which caused a lot of salt. DBRB also stupidly advocated for BFM to be let back into the guild after we found out he was a pedo and permabanned him along with a handful of other EVE goons who kept trying to sneak him back in. (Another point of fact, Gicer likes to say I wasn't running things but remarkably, I had access to the offsite admin panel to ban people from services and he didn't, imagine that) In the end, I was banned from GSF after the PVP goons in AA had split off under a guild that I was head of. The fact that the guild Gicer and DBRB were trying to usurp crashed into the ground and disintegrated soon after was no coincidence. I simply think they expected an EVE intrigue hugbox and didn't get one, but that's just my opinion and perception of events, because I had no loving clue whom either of them were before AA.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 7, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Landsknecht posted:

is everything that they say about lady scarlet true?

Probably.

But for my part, she was always very helpful and downright personable in most instances. She rightly deserves a lot of the poo poo she catches in game but in all honesty, she's not a bad person and was far more willing to help people get things done than almost anyone else in NC. directorship.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Landsknecht posted:

what is NCDOT actually like? even though we've done stuff with them for years, I've never really dealt with membership, and all I hear on mumble/irc is that sometimes we need to bail them out

I don't know what it's like there now, but when I was in NC., for the first few years it was kind of this fun, nomadic PVP style where we just showed up to fights and wrecked people. Almost like a mercenary coalition thing. Once we took tribute, we got incredibly sedentary. There really wasn't a huge sense of community, I more or less got jabber pings, logged in for fights, then logged out. I think one of the big things I was looking for in GSF was a sense of community beyond fleets, but that never had a chance to materialize. One thing I have said, and stand by though, is that NC. in some ways is worse off because of their relationship with PL. PL has some good dudes, but NC ended up emulating a lot of the PL culture which I wasn't a huge fan of. That, and NC. took in almost all the old leadership from BoB 1.0/2.0 and -A-, so we had to deal with that as well. I really, REALLY liked the elite PVP aspect to NC., especially in subcaps. For years all I did was fly HICs in fleets and tackle supers and bubble hostile fleets which was amazingly fun, before I had to worry about emptying towers and defending reinforce timers ad nauseam all day.

This is sad on so many levels.

Also, why posture or try to pull space-rank in the stupid poo poo GSF does outside of EVE? Oh wait... the tragic answer to my question just dawned on me.

Having had almost no interaction with GSF leadership beyond the TMC bullpen where people were generally quite friendly and personable, it was really kind of shocking to me.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
hi

can I get un-blacklisted yet?

thanks and god bless

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

this is why ccp will never implement stunt's terrible jf ideas

e: #freekimsemus

ty god bless friend

seriously justsharkbait and I need to be un-blacklisted, EVE is boring atm and I want to shoot mans with my friends.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CainFortea posted:

What friends? I thought they weren't your real friends, since they performed the unspeakable acts of unfriending you on facebook?

do you purposefully post a lot of things that make no sense

or does it just sort of happen organically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Maneck posted:

Kimsemus ate what most consider the stupidest blacklisting in GSF history :sad: Leadership acrimony in a completely different game combined with a refusal to leak NC. secrets which he said even before joining GSF that he wouldn't leak (he didn't have the secrets in the first place).

On the other hand, his failure to convince anyone who matters of his case is itself remarkable and perhaps telling.

I really don't know how to approach it at this point.

It was an incredibly stupid ban, even admitted by people involved it was pretty much done prima facie and the reasoning behind it has been widely debunked by a number of people. The fact that justsharkbait was banned just for being my friend is even more stupid. If you want to argue the banlist shouldn't be used as a personal weapon then that rule was violated, and if you argue that it doesn't matter that much and it's not a big deal, just unban me anyway so I can play the game with who I want.

The bottom line is really I want to play EVE with the same group of people I play almost every other MMO with. That's pretty much it.

• Locked thread