Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Landsknecht posted:

How's the spacewar going? Has fighting settled down? Nobody's posting about it in the thread that's supposed to be about it

CO2 is being pooped on really hard by the Russians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, will people just never attempt to gank Procurers? I realize it's the tankiest of the lot, but I feel like that years ago, people would gank you just out of spite if you tanked to try to be safe from them.

On the other hand, I'm guessing a Retriever (or Covetor? whichever had the highest mining yield) is gonna get ganked in seconds upon undocking with that little EHP.
And finally, I apparently have enough processing skills at IV to gain a little more money from selling reprocessed ore instead of the ore itself, but is there some other thing I should be doing with my ores while chill-mining? I recall standings and somesuch factoring into the reprocessing yield.

Procurers are never worth the gank because of the fact they can also bite back pretty hard. They also tend to be bait. You could probably kill em in a Talos but why bother? And both the procurer and the retriever mine the same amount, the covetor and hulk are both the dedicated maximum mining amount ships. Standings can factor into how much your taxed when using NPC stations, but the maximize you refining yield you want a nullsec outpost or upgraded medium + skills + implants. If the chill mining corp wants to optimize having a compression + refining medium citadel would be for the best.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zephyrine posted:

And to be fair Fade is a much better place to live anyway.

lol

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elmnt80 posted:

https://zkillboard.com/related/31000647/201605120100/

Groon teamed up with hole violence and lazerhawks to poop on some random wormhole nerds citadel and got some bonus carrier kills. It was all really pretty and the cerb is still one of my favorite ships. Raata sunset skin is really the best.

It was awesome teaming up with yall, sorry we made you burn so many jumps for the second one only to get the rug pulled out. Best part of the night was HV getting top damage and Groon getting the KB :hellyeah:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
HOLE SQUAD RIDES

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
as someone said earlier if we moved we would just get followed so I don't really see the point of pulling an FCON and going south unless we just crashed on the russians couch.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh no not our dignity

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
THIS MACH-INE KILLS FAXES

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

man you give them one win and you get like 6 pages of smugging

querns is querns win or lose

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regrettable Drunk posted:

I have just been lurking more. I am trying to good post but gosh darn it I keep getting suckered in.

Please help me post.

So far your light years ahead of other D name posters, but that might because your name is only half D

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

YouTuber posted:

You never could have stopped them from leaving in the first place, PL is quite willing to just gently caress off and play another game for a week or two.

When working with fozzie sov this means you lose your space.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

jm20 posted:

TheMittani is basically SirMolle but getting paid to play like Nync.

lol

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Null incursions really isn't a thing that leaves a lot of room for error. But I think LS incursions aren't being ran because we would get chased down and killed pretty much instantly.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hole Squad remains On That Real poo poo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
bring back POS sov but with citadels

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm playing doom

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If were going back to alphabet squads I petition to have hole squad be Omega Squad and be included in the random lottery, people sorted in have to live in Goku whether they like it or not.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

RhoA posted:

I don't get how forcing people who may not want to live in a wormhole to live in a wormhole is going to help either the GSF or Hole Squad. While I understand living in Goku is more tolerable now given that there is a citadel (although I thought POS life was just fine), wormholes are still an area of the game that many people don't want to explore. We had our fair share of dead weight in Goku with Hole Squad being an optional squad to join, so imagine how bad it'd get if you forced people to be in the hole.

I was joking

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Other Barry posted:

As a newbie, I do kind of feel this way. I log in from time to time, hop in the standing fleet or get shouted at by boat, but I don't feel like any kind of connection to anything in game. I mean that's mostly my fault, I've been busy with work lately and don't log in as much as I should.

There are plenty of squads that never have relied on our sov and continue to operate normally (or even more than they used to) such as Miniluv, Hole Squad, and SV. There's probably more I'm forgetting.

Zephyrine posted:

There's something disturbing about year old snoobies kicking around veteran Waffe members.

lol the first post you come off probation you go right back to concern trolling.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ullerrm posted:

Lost all of our space -- not a single structure on the map belongs to CONDI. Despite this, still the largest alliance in the game, and still having lots of fun.

We still have structures, just not in k-space :sun:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I rate this meltdown a 8/10 on the YCS meltdown scale

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

CainFortea posted:

The only reason to be in w-space is to make isk. Except a bunch of the people who live in w-space have some stupid e-bushido honor code thing about being hard core pvpers.

Unless you live in a few select high end high class w-space corps making money in holes is absolutely not easier than it is in k-space.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

nigga crab pollock posted:

its not easier but you make a shitload more money and its a lot less obtuse and apocryphal to theorycraft than sifting through missions or escalations

Yeah, but at the same time your investing a lot of money into a dangerous environment. There's no local and your pay off isn't immediate. Although right now in HS the system we have set up does make things much more convenient than they normally would be. All in all my opinion of w-space money making is when they introduce "active" moon mining they should bring it to w-space and buff C4's so they are no longer the bastard child of high class wormholes.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Divine Blob posted:

What's it like being a goon right now? Do you guys even have the freedom to leave your station, go to an asteroid field and mine or anything of the sort?

In goku all goons live free my son

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Landsknecht posted:

who actually cares about killboards besides GSF in TYOOL 2016

everyone cares but they pretend not to

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

May the hole squad - miniluv alliance last forever

Rhymenoserous posted:

suas found out moon mining was going away and needed a new resource.

Recruiting miners to take advantage of moons is smart, but only if said miners aren't complete retards

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We were having a discussion last night in Hole Squad and basically came to the conclusion Rapid Lights/Heavy's/Torps are basically like Katyusha rocket launchers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN1kN4H7zAE

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there any way to reduce the amount of socket closed's i keep getting?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Divine Blob posted:

As a noob is it smart to join Goonswarm in their current situation?

Considering were nearing a possible turning point in the war maybe? I mean your going to have access to PvP 24/7 by hanging out with GSF, and Groon takes newbies as far as I know.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xolve posted:

a possible turning point in what war?

The war for the Saranen undock?

I don't live in k-space, I just go off what I hear from the grapevine :v:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54700901/ https://zkillboard.com/kill/54700926/

:psyduck:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is better IMO, (were COBRA) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ah2I166f_U

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ullerrm posted:

Yep, there are several, depending on exactly how passive you want to be about it. My mental list:

* Planetary Interaction (PI) -- Best for newbies, and honestly drat near everyone. You push buttons on a planet, with almost no ISK investment to speak of, and it generates sellable items out of thin air that you can pick up a short time later. You have to push butan again to start another cycle. You can customize how quickly it delivers; generally, the more frequently you have to push butan, the more you get out of it. Most people go for either 24-hour or 72-hour cycles, or even 1-week cycles. Can be done by anyone with no real competition to speak of; however, the more characters doing it on the same planet, the less each character gets, so you ideally want to find planets that few people are using.

Funny story about this, after starting a buy back program to run factories goku's planets have gone from a two dozen or so CC's in total to more than a hundred.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
some screenshots for Video Games

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zephyrine posted:

I thought everyone had a horde alt.

Anyway

:stare:

Nothing is beyond our reach

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iv always been Team Move Somewhere Else, but I also live in a wormhole so :v:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Couldn't we just crash on Stainwagons couch since they are the Russians that like us? Hell all we would need is 1 constellation. Gets us more space without the "pissing people off" part and we could Voltron up with the Russians to drive away anyone who tried to follow us.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

DwarvenZombie posted:

Never done any kind of mining, is it ok? Like to chill and talk?

Much like anything in EVE it's at its most fun when done in Wormholes. I mined a phoenix in GOKU a few months back while watching anime

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

RhoA posted:

Oh hey everyone, look who's back.

how you been tolstoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollow Talk posted: