Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I hope vapeswarm is still alive and kicking. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

What about a campaign to blow up the PL Keepstars? That must be a worthy goal.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

you should totally get people to do this it would hurt us really badly and we'd hate the resulting fights :ohdear:

No doubt because that would take time away from Rorqual mining.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Stop sending SA newbies to karmafleet as anything but a last resort. I have it on good authority that their retention is bad.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

No. Seriously. Most shobons sent to kf are never heard from again.

They go from the malganis guild to the "please be careful" guild and then they want to try Eve Online and are sent to the mass recruitment corp to rub elbows with meme lords.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Worlds Smuggest posted:

That's just it though, I am unsure of how the money goes from corp tax to alliance SRP fund. is it just collected then sent to an alliance wallet at fixed points or?

I understand that the system can pull money from people directly, but how does it go that next step without some kind of fraud or dishonesty happening regularly or all the time? is it just wallet API tracking on every member corp or what?

The alliance tracks how much in taxes each corp collects through APIs. Both the corp APIs and APIs for each individual member

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

i think we came out 75-25 efficiency on a capfight or something

gfs all around

The accountants are still running the figures but the preliminary estimate has us as the victors. Though we have yet to round up the cents so it could be anyone's game at this point. You have to be careful about these things because a single rogue decimal could lose you the whole war, weeks after the last shot was fired. An improperly placed comma will strike s good commander dead as certain as any snipers bullet

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

A campaign to retake Deklein. Yes it would take time and isk and effort but it would be something grand to do and it would unmake all the combined efforts of the former MBC members.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

CainFortea posted:

Yea, because the new big blue donut would just loving HATE to have a bunch of fights show up at their door step.

Obviously the solution is to sit in Delve and mine forever. That will teach them a lesson they won't soon forget. Let them taste the true wrath of the Imperium.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

And I would advise you not to suggest that I'm a non-goonswarm member like you because lawl if you think either I or the alliance could be bothered to find and remove all my alts.

Spymaster indeed.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hey

you suck, shut up

thank you

No. You shut up, Derptear.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

Yes, being too lazy to log into all my accounts and the alliance not caring enough to hunt them down despite knowing full well that they're there spells high-level metagame to us all, you dumbo.

It's you and Grothsmore making smug calls from inside the house.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

by shooting it, you tremendous retard who thinks hes humble bragging

I didn't say you could post yet.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

iospace posted:

Then stop using lovely cuts of meat if you need to put pineapple on it. If you want to make lovely cuts less lovely, you have a slow cooker for that, not fruit :colbert:

Or you can have the best of both worlds and put the pineapple in the slowcooker with the meat.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Ali Virgo was the dude Mandozer was trying to burn on his way out of goonfleet, and yes he was running a bunch of snakes and complaining about ratting.

He may not be "the" guy you were talking about, but certainly fits the broad criteria.

He would also multibox some 20 bombers for siege ops and people were like "holy poo poo that's awesome". Then it was Ishtar time and he brought the same 20 bombers to the Ishtar fleet and people were like :smith:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

A fedora. Really?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Baculus posted:

Yes, there are people who do crazy amounts of organization-level work for basically no reward, but actually undocking and going out to suck that r64 moon rock is labor (the same way ratting or mining are). So do you salary people to suck moon goo? Do you let them keep the fruits of their labor and buy it from them with a buyback or market orders? Do people willing to do the work get rewarded in other ways?

GSOL staff mines the alliance moon goo and whoever mines the most in a month gets a plex.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah idk why everyone likes discord so much

Because it lets you push meme pics in other peoples faces without them having to click a link to view it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

well 20% of jfs are killable by being bumped off the highsec entrance gate*

rl nightmares of bumping on low sec gates.

I once had a 30 man frigate fleet on me when it happened but any ship that attempted tackle was blapped by gate guns. So I managed to warp to a station before they had time to get tackle cruisers.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Dalael posted:

Scooter's gift to Angelique was possibly the best gift tho.

It was. I have always had the best santas and worst santees.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

On the topic of jump freighters. The current risk profile in that you need to make a misstake to die is fine. Because if you take the initial investment. The isk per hour income. And then split that with the isk per hour income of other activities that have a minimal initial investment. Then you get a tolerance of about 1 JF loss per 400 or 500 trips

I mean sure if you lost 1 per about 100 trips you would probably break even on isk. But only if you consider all the human effort to be free.

To be truly even on a JF loss it would have to recoup the cost of the ship, the human effort spent recouping the isk. As well as the collateral of the cargo.

The current system kills dumb JF pilots on a regular basis. But it also kills veteran JF pilots in droves whenever something is changed with the mechanics (about once or twice per year) Like alpha phoenixes or gate bumping.

CCP can balance it however they like but players will adapt. Greatet risks have to be recouped by higher prices for logistics. Which will incourage smaller ship doctrines closer to high sec. Jump Freighters will never stop flying no matter how easy they are to kill. The question is who will afford to hire them and what will be worth transporting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I would argue that T1 battleships are easier to work with for a smaller fleet because they make for less juicy killmails and do help avoid the wrong type of attention.

• Locked thread