Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Greetings fellow Space Dwellers to the EVE Online Politics Thread!

What is EVE Online?

EVE online is a large multiplayer game set in a huge galaxy very far from our own where you can do almost limitless things! There is space exploration, resource gathering, player versus Gurmista fighting action and player versus player battles! It is run by a company called CCP who like to let the world run mostly on its own two feet. This means such things as scamming and suicide to take out other peoples gear is totally acceptable! Gosh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0

Having said that, you no doubt already know what EVE is because you are coming to this, the Politics thread, to discuss the latest in EVE history and developments and wars and all manner of items.

EVE online has a lot of history with Goons and there are many factions and corporations all vying for their own place in the Universe. Below is a list (constantly updated) of all current corporations. Each one links to a post with a history of the corporation and a recruitment thread in PGS if that particular corporation entices you (and if the corporation has indeed made one!)

EVE Goon Corporations:

GOONSWARM
One of the most hated of all space guilds in EVE.
GoonSwarm Federation Recruitment Thread

TEN DOLLAR BOND
Led by former Goonfleet CEO Darius Johnson, Ten Dollar Bond currently resides in Delve and follows the whimsies of their wills.
Ten Dollar Bond Recruitment Thread
ThisDisbandedBunch.

THE GREATER GOON
The very first offshoot of Goonfleet.
Greater Groon Recruitment Thread

ELITIST OPS
ElitistOps is a goon run corporation currently under the banner of PVP Alliance: Pandemic Legion.
Elitist Ops Recruitment Thread
ARCHIVED

ROCK VENTURE CHILL MINING FRIENDS
A newbie corp for simple mining run by myself.
(There is no recruitment thread).

PLEASE SEND ME POST LINKS AND PGS THREAD LINKS TO HAVE YOUR CORP LISTED IN THIS SECTION

What Next?
This thread is not the chill thread but we can do better than what our previous thread had become. I am fully aware of all the splinters and faction wars that have been, will be and are occurring on a daily basis. There will be tensions, there will be tears but lets try to keep it happier than it was!

• This thread is neutral ground.
  • If you wish to discuss EVE without any of the surrounding tensions then please visit the chill thread.
  • You will eat probations if you bring EVE drama into the chill thread.
  • You will eat probations if you go way too overboard with the slapfighting in this thread.
  • You will be shamed if you make a poor report (see the last thread for examples)!

And finally here are some pretty pictures as to why I personally love EVE and all the mining that Rock, Pebble and I have been doing

Stay safe out there, everyone!

And remember, no bad chat about racism, doxxing or other things that really don't belong in a game about pretty spaceships!

VideoGames posted:

OK a new and good rule for the thread. There is to be no more discussion on racism. Use of racist terms or anything about it. There are racist people in the world and I feel sad for them, but I do not want to let it drag down a thread about space gaming.

If people in the alliance you are in act racist then I would not talk to them or be friends with them. I would consider them to be lost souls who need guidance with their views. However, this should not affect our posting about the game in this thread.

Also Doxxing.

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drythe posted:

Video Games, can you edit the ad that someone bought for the last thread? It's going to redirect to a locked thread now.

Oh, I didn't realise! But hopefully they will see the last post in that thread which directs them here. I will see if I can do this!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please remember to link me pgs recruitment threads and history and such of your corporation if you want them listed in the first post!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

What

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

It's more the whole reporting yourself. It confused me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he obviously realized his mistake and felt bad so he wanted to inform you

obviously

I think today I will let this mistake pass. I am feeling happy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot thank the people who keep sending me isks enough. You guys are all really lovely to do that and I appreciate it so very much.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What's the minimum sp amount and K/L isk ratio required to be admitted to RVCMF and do I need to provide full API? Also is it all right that I only have 3 super cap capable accounts?

Just send an application and welcome aboard!
The tax rate is 0.5% and all you have to do is have fun, chill and mine!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How long is the initial probationary period and who will be my assigned parole officer?

I don't think I have either of those. It's not a real proper corporation thing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Butt Discussin posted:

How likely are you to keep playing for a while? I would be sad if I put an alt in and you went inactive right after. I suppose you making this thread is a good sign.

I am definitely playing for a long while! As I said in my corp chat (its so :3: to have a corp chat!!) I plan on doing as many mining and exploration missions as I can. I am enjoying myself way too much to quit!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm just tugging your chain, these are all stupid requirements for most SUPER ELITE PVP corps.

Cheeky! Thank goodness. I was a bit baffled.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ah yes perhaps I should explain. That Heron, Pebble, is indeed mining because for one of the industry missions I had to pretend to mine so I would be attached by Gurmistas. Then I would be able to stop them and pick up a scientist guy.

I couldn't take Rock because Rock has no weapons on him and I didn't want him to get in trouble.

Also when exploring in Pebble I do have a tendency to get sidetracked and start mining.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have no clue what ship to buy next. I will look up the names provided and see if any look like fun.

Every single ship in my hangar will have a stone based name. I'm thinking of calling my Badger slab or granite :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

hit button posted:

The Moa is a rare and exotic spacebird. It would be an excellent choice for combating the Gurmista menace.

They genuinely do get quite irritating. I keep bumping into them a whole heck of a lot. Luckily pebble is quite adept at stopping them.

And I should have drones trained by now so I can take Rock back out with no worries!

Also Marble is a great name and in the list of future ship names I have made. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just discovered that I have been totally misreading the little Eve text boxes and that they are called Guristas, not Gurmistas.

What is the slap head emote? Because that is totally me!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:kimchi: we were wondering if that was just your name for them or what

I have grown quite fond of the name, so I might keep calling them that if no one is too bothered!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
:) <-- This is just me everytime I do EVE stuff really. I am having a blast, and you're all awesome! Thank you all!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am looking at various ships in the mining ship tree and a lot of them look extra cool!
Is there any way to learn skills a bit quicker?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jm20 posted:

You can buy skill injectors, timecards to sell for isk to buy a new char, or buy chars off people for :10bux:

If you train cybernetics to V you can use higher grade implants, I think its still 1-5. You should at least have 4's at all times, probably 5s in empire.

I am so sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean by 4s and 5s.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I apparently have 2 bonus remaps. I would just like to learn some mining things a bit quicker and I'm afraid I am feeling a bit out of my depth with this stuff. I think I should leave this for further down the line.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Generation Internet posted:

I applied my mining and industry alt to your corp so that I can mine with Rock whenever I'm on that character :)

That is fantastic! I have been chatting to corp members in the corp window all evening :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you for all the explanations on skills and implants and all the surrounding issues.

Right when I was in the middle of alloting skills for flying a procurer (they look awesome! Like a mantis!) my internet died on me and I couldn't get it back. So many apologies to those in game chat.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oodles posted:

I hope the gurmista's didn't pop you. :ohdear:

Luckily I was chilling in the HQ making Rock twirl around in the hangar bay. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vendictus Prime posted:

All the mining ships/barges are getting some new model love for the Industry patch coming next.

I picked such a good time to join this game! Either that or Ccp have been reading my posts and thinking it would be awesome to make me grin even more!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am doing an exploration mission and oh my goodness

That is legitimately terrifying!

Also, they gave me a new ship to fly and do this in! So please everyone meet Ore, my little Bantam :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

have you finished all the newbie mission arcs? you get at least one destroyer, a venture, and some other stuff

I finished all the industry missions in my Caldari starting location place. Now I am doing the exploration lady ones.

So Abishi Tian is all done!

Unachi is who I am working with now, then I am going to try to find some other people because I'm not interested much in business or military.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gas clouds are stunning.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Siets posted:

Did you make it into a wormhole?

I don't know. I was doing a mission where I got onto this acceleration platforms and it took me to some data sites and relic sites.

Then I had to scan for a relic site, but I don't have half a clue what I was doing with the scanning. It took me about 30 minutes to get a scan to go from 34% to 70% and I don't know what I was doing to change things or how to improve it! Also hacking confuses me too!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

froody guy posted:

There's a whole category of skills in the "scanning" submenu. My probing alt has more than 4M points in it, which is about 2 months straight but with 1M you can be at lvl4 and be pretty good. Of course there are implants, rigs and ships with bonuses for that. Mainly the Covert Ops frigates (Buzzard, Cheetah, Anathema and Helios) and others too, like the Astero and the Stratios or even standard frigs like the Heron. And modules and probes too, the Sisters of Eve ones.

Hope you liked it because having to scan in EVE.... it happens.

Well it was interesting, I just don't think I got detailed instructions on how it works. I hit a formation and then analyse. Then I hit the other button and did the same thing and nothing really happened except the percentage changed. I don't really get it :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jazzzzz posted:

Sounds like you were doing one of the career agent missions for exploration.

HERE is a textual guide on scanning that I found useful, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S2nH4q6ULw&t=232s is a quick video tutorial on basic scanning.

Basically you're going to launch your probes, roughly center them around a cosmic signature (red sphere, ring, or dot in the map display) and hit the Analyze button. As you repeat this process you'll keep reducing your probes' scan radius and narrowing down where the signature actually is until you get a warp-in for it. It will take a few minutes, at least it does for me as a new character.

This video was awesome! I didn't know you could go to the map and change radius things like that. The mission didn't tell me to do it. Unless I totally missed something, and that is very likely. Now I can have fun scanning too!
:downs:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zephyrine posted:

Scanning is a lot of fun. Some of the most fun I've had has been in my probing flycatcher.

I'm using a little Bantam for it called Ore. :) I also really like the Gurmista skin you can buy for it! Though I cannot figure out if I am reading prices correctly. Is it a million isks?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oh, the market must stop at a certain point and not show me further away places!

froody guy posted:

Scanning is pretty fun indeed, that kind of relaxing fun tho. Once you're done with it tho, you'd better check the dark side of it. It's called dscan and it can make you scream :ohdear:

I still remember my first practical lesson when I was a unista (I've been that bad yes) I was all "oh my god this is unbelievable, there are all those things I can probe without being noticed and I can do it" but man it can be frikkin painful. Especially if others make it to your ratting thing :unsmigghh:

Well the wreck site looked really neat, so I'd like to see cool and interesting universe things! That's become part of the fun stuff. :D

Xachariah posted:

Pebble might be a better choice for scanning as it gets a bonus to probe scan strength. Makes it easier to find things.

Oh neat! I should really learn what ships can do what and not go by what modules I'm plopping in to the bays.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Xachariah posted:

Yeah the furthest it shows is the region you're in. The Akianav... However it's spelt place you frequent is a different region to Jita which has the best prices. If you're shopping for stuff I recommend a wee 4 jump jaunt to Jita to get the best bang for your space buck.

Good lord! I should be going round there more. I've been grabbing things in my little system. Time to brave space!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Foehammer007 posted:

You remind me of the brave little toaster :shobon:

:downs:

I'm currently reading all the Local Jita stuff and absolutely everything appears to be a scam of some sort. If you click the contracts then nothing matches up with what is said in chat. It's quite crazy! Some guy is saying I want to sell 6 plexs for 6 million but if you open that contract it says he will give you 6 million for you giving him 6 plexs! So cheeky!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It's very funny to me! One guy even said press enter twice for a faster accept! He was claiming to sell something for 1.11 million, but the contract was 1.11 billion. Very, very cheeky!

What made Jita so popular as a place to buy and sell everything? Did CCP decide it? I need to get that history of EVE book I think.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thanks for that, it's really interesting to learn stuff about games that have been going on for a while.

I think it's safe to say that I am a big fan of EVE and thoroughly enjoying the time spent on it. If I was going to properly try an MMO, I feel I picked a pretty good one. A hour or so every few days and everything feels exciting still and I like that certain days I can look forward to spending some time in space when I finish at work.

I also had a strange dream that someone wanted to buy my corp! Good grief! :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good luck with future EVE adventures Zephyrine! I trust you have the calmest and most chill of times to come!

For those who applied to RVCMF over the weekend I am excited to be able to log onto EVE this evening and process applications! I might even play a little and continue my exploration missions :3: I got a neat Gurmista skin for Ore, my bantam, thanks to Deadtear showing me the market thing about Jita right before I had to vanish on Saturday and I am excited to fly about in it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Trying to find some Agents, but instead I found peace.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
RVCMF has been having a productive evening! :D I did some missions and paid my bounties into the corp wallet!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Off to 0.6 space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
How the heck do we have 20 members already?! Good grief!

Ok I will increase my corporation skill!

Also glad to hear mining went well last night friends :D I am sad I missed out due to having to go to sleep. Stupid time zones! Rocks drones are fantastic though! I feel a little safer against the Gurmistas in Umokka!

• Locked thread