Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Boiled. Obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Because he's a d-name poster.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

And the anime poo poo has literally LITERALLY been mocked and stupid.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you have an anime name and avatar

No, I don't. But good effort I guess.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fake post. We all know if you were really tackled you'd be tackled in THE belt.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Well, I mean, they're both not wrong...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

His time there left a pretty big mark.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

I honestly have no idea what his problem is other than he thinks he's the best pvp player of all time.

there is something wrong with the guy either mentally or just a loving homeschooled weirdo who was locked in the basement and never developed social skills

:ironicat:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I don't think Pooki has ever said he's gods gift to PVP, he's just less bad than most of goonswarm.

There were two sentences. If not one, perhaps the other?!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

theres both mumble and xmpp clients on phones :confused:

And they don't work as well as the discord app does. The whole security thing is Eve specific. For a group of friends to organize multiplayer gaming while having easy access to voice comms for said gaming it's way easier.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah nobody ever has conversations they would rather not be shared except eve players :rolleye:

No one is planning the hostile take down of the us government over discord. Well, if they are, they're idiots anyway. Discord is for small groups of people to do gaming poo poo. No one confuses actual security with "these people we shoot in a game are spying on us to gain an advantage". No one cares about actual security on discord.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

"I wish for some conversations to be private," is not equivalent to, "I wish to bring about regime change in my home country."

Sometimes I just want my conversations to be private.

That is correct.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

yeah thats the only type of conversation people wouldn't want others to see and have stored functionally forever, you figured it out a plus good job to you

literally exactly what I meant thank you. LITERALLY.

Couldn't possibly be a hyperbole fill in for "stuff you don't want recorded". Nope. No sir. Quick Draw McDeadtear would notice that. Because he's very smart.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't know what you mean. Could you elaborate?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The only people bitching about how hard it is to kill jfs are people who's entire in game purpose is to kill jfs. It's not really a big deal.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the only way to kill jfs is to rely on a bug ccp just put into the game, or by ganking them in highsec and requiring them to NOT have an outcyno, NOT to go through .5s/.6s and to NOT be tanked.

there are far too many ways to not get killed, and there is no way to either kill jfs or stop them from doing their job, which is really bad gameplay (doing any activity with impunity with a huge/important impact without being able to be stopped is pretty bad)

I don't think you understand what the word impunity means. You just listed a bunch of ways jf pilots can gently caress things up and be killable.

Also, even if they were totally invulnerable no one would care. Since JFs are how the rest of the game gets to do fun stuff.

IF the price of being able to fly all sorts of whacky doctrines without having to do literal convoys from jita is that you don't get to gank as many JFs as you'd like, that's a price i'm perfectly willing to pay.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 13, 2017

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

People out of highsec are fighting all the time. Just because there's not a war with a fancy name or the horn of goondor being blown doesn't mean that poo poo isn't getting blown up and needing replacement.

And it's not stupid, JFs are the means by which most of the rest of the game is enabled to play. So yea, kill the dumb ones. That's fine and dandy.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

when one guy can move an entire fleet of ships without any counter play period

Except there is counter play you constantly list, then go on about how it never works. You just said you blew up like 400b worth of poo poo by yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ya all of them were untanked, without an outcyno, AND didn't scout nor did they pay attention to numerous pings that warr akini and others made to warn people about what was happening.

Okay, sure. Please tell me more about how you can NEVER EVER EVER EVER kill jump freighters because they are totally invulnerable.

• Locked thread