Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

his post wasnt very antagonistic you doofus, he was saying "the fleets are for fun and ~morale~ more than they are for killing ADMs"

Okay, I went back and re-read it. I can see that.

But it's hard sometimes to separate the poo poo posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Endie posted:

An impressive ability to miss the point, but I'm struggling to state it in simpler terms: the imperium won't recover its sov when it gets ADMs low enough that it can sneakily set a few timers. It'll retake its sov - assuming that happens, which I do - when the balance of forces is sufficient that it doesn't matter if there are a few more minutes to hang around on grid, because they'll kill whatever comes along to try and disrupt enotosing. At that point, as happened in the first part of the war in the other direction, they'll contest a couple of timers then the opposition will gently caress off and the rest will be a dawdle.

Edit: as deadtear said, what I was saying about swordfleets is that they're about keeping people logging in. Not logging in is habit forming.

Hey, I copped to misreading your post.

But as querns said, we are taking it back. Just not in large swaths.

Also my phone corrects to querns because I added it to my dictionary.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There is no way in God's green earth that is real.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Did I miss some past drama with this dude? His posting in this thread is dalael level nonsense, and I guess they ran a freighter good freighter service. Why the sperg?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You just don't steal another goons webm. Thems fightin posts.

I mean, I guess I can see making fun if then going to PH. If your not good enough for PL that's gotta sting

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

:rip: deadtear

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Too bad a bunch of the fairweather friends have already split. It would have been funny watching deadtear go all deadtear on them on jabber.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jazzzzz posted:

is deadtear a mod again or something

Yes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I heard they were sov warring. Kinda lovely to use a "memorial fleet" to sov wand stuff.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

It was my time regardless. The point being that isk had nothing to do with it.

How so? You did a service (which I assume you enjoyed doing otherwise why do it?) for isk. Goatman was saying that "leadership" didn't include you since you were doing a service for isk.

Although he should probably not respond to Garr as a real person, since that way leads to madness.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Don't join blops if you actually want to something besides camp a gate and catch stragglers. :)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

All I know was this morning there was no blacklist, and people I know and trust were glad to see her go.

:shrug:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

no criticizing leadership allowed

Where do you get this idea?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

ya, alright, lemme buy your anecdotal evidence instead of others

"Some shady poo poo" isn't a criticism. It's a baseless accusation meant specifically to get as much attention as possible from the people she is joining.

Also, I didn't say I'm glad to see her go?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I was gonna go find a series of posts from the TMC change days, or that retarded kickstarter showing current members making GBS threads on those ideas and not being blacklisted. But then I remembered who I was responding to so gently caress that :effort: for a crazy person who doesn't deal well with reality.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

And I have to be truthful about why I'm leaving. If I say "toodles!" and just run off then people will get the wrong idea.

When I read your out post it came across as "lookit all this poo poo I could do but won't also direkkktorate". This was before I asked people who you were. I didn't even know you were zephyrine on SA at the time.

A straight up "I'm not going gently caress goons" was all your post really needed, instead of an itemized list of poo poo you could have done.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Morris posted:

Eh her post was much more this than madposting an evepraisal link (all other context from that episode aside). Taking it as a fuckgoons threat is a bit paranoid.

I do agree that it would be better to lay out the issue rather than tossing out some innuendo and mic dropping. Preserving the confidentiality of the culprits sounds noble but they don't deserve it. Sometimes you need maggots to cure gangrene :sun:

I took it more in-between. Like, I didn't see it as a duck goons threat, but didn't see it as benign either.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I've openly stated that I don't care for turning goons into a brand, and that I'm not at all happy about how our leadership has issues separating their Media Identities via The Shittiest Eve News Website Dot Com and their leadership of GSF. I think this would largely be solved if like our number one and number two guy weren't stakeholders in the big dumb gay media empire.

Then there was the making GBS threads on the stupid kickstarter with its retarded 30k for publishing and editing costs. Or everything with TMC since the redesign.

Ullerrm nailed it though. Specific criticism about specific things are not "punished".

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pyfa is great. I stopped using EFT years ago.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

It's 2 at night here in Sweden. If I go to bed before Flanders answers this then someone feel free to re-quote this every now and then as a reminder. I have no idea why the directorate of all people would push so hard for this when I wanted to leave it behind but if you're going to keep calling me on not making all the details public. Page after page. Then you leave me little choice.

Querns never said anything about it, Ullurrm just explained how "they do shady poo poo" isn't a criticism, it's an attention getter. :shrug: You're literally talking to the wrong people.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Why would you ruin good things like french fries by putting vinegar on them? may as well piss on them.

Edit: I've got an alt in PH so I can listen to the comms. You've got no call to say they're somehow policed in any way.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 4, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

why are these threads always the most angsty and bitter

Because people like vinegar on food apparently, and it's bitter.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

LuiCypher posted:

HP sauce, vinegar. Heinz ketchup, and homemade mayonnaise are the acceptable french fry condiments :colbert:

Ketchup, ketchup/mayo mix, ranch, or a light salting are the only acceptable fry condiments.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Who is ubi and why are you bitter posting at them?

Flabergasted at your poor comprehension does not equal bitter.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mustard is for hot dogs. That is all. And it should be French's Yellow Mustard. Anything else is some hipster poo poo that tastes like rear end and is meant only to show how cool you are.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

whole grain mustard, while good, is probably hipstery.
What I assume you call "spicy brown" mustard, or "deli" mustard, is the default best mustard. Except it's just called mustard because that's what mustard is.

I bet you call hotdogs "coneys."

No. Hot dogs are hot dogs. Corney dogs are what you probably call corndogs. Coney dogs around here are made only at Roahks.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm going to be the guy throwing poop against the wall a little bit here, but imo our leadership has been disconnected since 2013, and it's being seen in the number of defections. Like it or not the fact that the ex-mouthpiece of our organization is vehemently against what we are now is troubling as gently caress to a line goon.

I can't remember who said it, but i'm gonna quote em.

"It's really easy to speak for the silent majority, they rarely speak up to refute you."

I know some of the directors, and chat with them. I didn't even know Endie was Batcountry until he left and posted his thing. And the fact that he went to join the other bitter ex-girlfriends in PL just kinda sealed the deal. I always like his posts, the man's got a way with words. But I see nothing troubling here. He was the one that wanted the "dirty laundry" aired. Well, now people are being able to say the nasty poo poo he was doing. It's a two way street. If you think someone's being nasty and lovely and say so, don't expect them to continue to ignore the things they feel are nasty or lovely.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Except you should also always ignore anything dabigredboat says as a good piece of advice.

Also this. Just don't read his poo poo, he's a big fat dumbo.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Orange Red Bull posted:

I hope the powers that be know enough not to let them off the hook again ala VFK or B-R if an opportunity presents itself to buttfuck them again

Mister Vee always said Elise is a snake and hes right

Aint nobody trying to be frenemies but Mittens

Eh, I don't think we could have actually held PL over the fire after B-R. We had a war going on, and getting them to back out caused Nuli to fold faster than a sweatshop t-shirt shirt folder.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

The amount of insane Sky Is Falling Posting I see all the time is annoying in the extreme because it's just baseless speculation that if you thought about for more than 5 minutes you would realize is silly.

Same-ish. I've lived in every corner of the galaxy, went through the same poo poo multiple times. Nothing here is new. I was wondering who were gonna be the "gently caress this, poo poo's hard" people to peace out. I don't really find it extremely annoying, just kind of annoying and funny.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Okay, maybe it's me. But I have a hard time taking claims of "Just being hands off going to find myself in eve online" seriously of people who join PL.

PL is basically Eve's Wayward Home For Ex Goonfleet Goons who Just Can't Stop Trying To Stir poo poo In Goonfleet's Soup Pot.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

Of all the angles of attack... you chose to post count shame? Are you sure that's your final answer?

Well, it's not a terrible one. Not a smoking gun, but still.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="459567418"]
^^^^^^ Idiots vvvvvvv

Oh, sorry, forgot to talk about PL and EO for a few pages.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

YouTuber posted:

Only my way of playing the game is valid. Any other way, especially the way the group I don't like is invalid

This was a much shorter way of saying it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Don't lump that other a name in with us.

:colbert:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

You say that like theta wasn't doing homeland defense. Theta isn't dedicated to ratting. We're dedicated to defending the homeland.

Ever think about why so many thetans make isk via ratting? I bet not, otherwise I could smell the gears burning through the internet.

The reason we make our money ratting is because the same skills that shoot rats can also be used to shoot mans.

People get pointed to us as the isk squad because a lot of very rich goons made their isk while in theta. It started with selling caracals to Bob relisters. Also the best way for newbies to get started making money is with us.

The shitler who hang on just for the easy isk tend to make themselves known, and get shat on. One of the biggest flags for this is loving off when poo poo gets hard.

So, for your further education of the goals this squad I've been a part of since it started has is:

thecrate sits to pee.
Help newbies
Murder fuckers who gently caress with our poo poo
Make good isk so we can murder fuckers better
Be gay.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Thanks. Cravius dropped the ball.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

luminalflux posted:

hotbed of activity camped by Harry Forever.

I miss Harry. one of you d names should get with your leadership and hire Harry, bane of theta.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

p7hk9 posted:

When Harry would come to JU- and camp us, we'd give him legitimate advice on how to be a better ganker. He never listened because he figured any advice from Goons was bad and we were trying to trick him. He'd never give up his Warp Core Stabilizers for damage mods :shobon:

I'm pretty sure EG or some other group gave him 10 purifiers for Christmas. They are probably still locked in the VFK station :v:

He too my advice though. Well, one time. Then he stopped an I'm not really sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Is he the guy who stole less than ordo? I thought that was bloodspike.

• Locked thread