Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Wish I didn't have 5 hours of class and accompanying hw on Tuesday.

Not cspam but ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Belzac posted:

Besides MMOs and demos what else is there?

Off the top of my head: Let it Die, ...

Listen I did say you were correct 99% of the time. Pedantry is an important quality.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

Off the top of my head: Let it Die, ...

Listen I did say you were correct 99% of the time. Pedantry is an important quality.

Let It Die doesn't have "real" multiplayer, though.

As you said, Pedantry is an important quality.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Emalde posted:

https://discord.gg/25cFFs6

Everyone join and come hype out in the channel for the next 30 hours :toot:

repost for latest page, only 24 hours remain

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Emalde posted:

repost for latest page, only 24 hours remain

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Watching some reviews. It sounds like the Yokai Realm coop is NOT the regular levels. But explicitly different layouts. I can't tell if it was Twilight Realm or its own special coop map layouts.

Might affect people who wanted to coop the whole game.

Can anyone confirm? Was I thinking wrong the whole time? I was under the impression you can "coop the whole game"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That might even be cooler if the levels are explicitly rebalanced for coop.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Amazon has shipped my copy already. :toot:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Snak posted:

That might even be cooler if the levels are explicitly rebalanced for coop.

True. And I wasn't planning on cooling the whole thing. But I certainly was under a false impression of how it worked.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, being ablr to coop the whole game would be cool, but this could be fine too. We'll just have to see.

So hype.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bombadilillo posted:

True. And I wasn't planning on cooling the whole thing. But I certainly was under a false impression of how it worked.

The twilight level I did coop with a goon had the exact same layout at the single player version, but who knows if they changed it for release

twilight and NG+ remix the levels, I wonder if NG+ twilight remixes them even more

VVV I take back what I said

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 6, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

No it was different but just slightly. The tengu who would gank you if you ran up to chase the kappa behind the last shrine was only there in yokai realm coop. Same with the adds during the ogress boss.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Amazon still hasn't shipped my game.

Don't gently caress this up Amazon. You've been good to me so far.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Do not pre-order from amazon. They have never once gotten a game to me on the day they said they would when I ordered it.

Like I'm at the checkout screen and it says "select [this shipping] to get it on [this day]" and I do that, and it comes 1-2 days after.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I'm a consumer whore. But I totally bought digital and spent the extra $12 to get it as soon as possible.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Snak posted:

Do not pre-order from amazon. They have never once gotten a game to me on the day they said they would when I ordered it.

Like I'm at the checkout screen and it says "select [this shipping] to get it on [this day]" and I do that, and it comes 1-2 days after.

On the flip side they always for me. Even if sometimes it ends up arriving later in the day.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Amazon got Nioh to me a day early so they're doing pretty good on the release date shipping. Is multiplayer working right now or will I have to wait until the actual release for that?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad I'll be able to finish Yakuza 0 before tomorrow. I'm still disappointed we don't get nunchaku which would have owned big time but the hook-and-sickle weapon is just as cool.

I'm even more excited to actually use Ninpo/Ninja Omryo magic. Even though I finished the Last Chance demo I never figured out how to use my equipped magic stuff or what it all meant. From what I've read, even rudimentary magic skills are useful so this would have helped against the boss .

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm glad I'll be able to finish Yakuza 0 before tomorrow. I'm still disappointed we don't get nunchaku which would have owned big time but the hook-and-sickle weapon is just as cool.

I'm even more excited to actually use Ninpo/Ninja Omryo magic. Even though I finished the Last Chance demo I never figured out how to use my equipped magic stuff or what it all meant. From what I've read, even rudimentary magic skills are useful so this would have helped against the boss .

I have a strong feeling. Based on nothing. We will see new weapon classes in dlc.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Why wouldn't you digital preorder instead? No shipping snafus, no delays, and all you need to do is wait for the game to unlock. It even downloads any 0 day patches.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Monolith. posted:

Why wouldn't you digital preorder instead? No shipping snafus, no delays, and all you need to do is wait for the game to unlock. It even downloads any 0 day patches.

That's what I did this time.

I used to buy physical, because I don't usually preorder games, and install from disc is so much faster than downloading the whole game. And I usually buy games when I want to play them, not 5 hours before I want to play them. But Nioh is gonna live on my ps4 for a long time, so I don't think I'll have to worry about redownloading it anytime soon.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Monolith. posted:

If you have Amazon prime you get a nice 20% discount off of physical pre-orders, so that's a big reason.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
The 20% off is totally worth waiting for me. I have so much to play right now I don't mind waiting a day or 2.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

kojicolnair posted:

The 20% off is totally worth waiting for me. I have so much to play right now I don't mind waiting a day or 2.

Ah, but with digital that means you don't have to get up and change the disc when you want to play another game.

...this has actually been a reason for me many times.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ACValiant posted:

Ah, but with digital that means you don't have to get up and change the disc when you want to play another game.

Bloodborne hasn't left my PS4 in over a year because everything else is digital and I never know when I'm gonna want some Bloodborne.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Monolith. posted:

Because it's a 40gb download and PSN is slow as poo poo.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

ACValiant posted:

I literally rebought Bloodborne last time it was on sale cause i was tired of changing the disc. So I decided going int that Nioh was probably gonna be the same type of deal.

edit: ^ right, which is why normal digital purchasing sucks. Be preordering means preloading, which means you still get to play it right away.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

That's why pre-loading exists.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
If I order this on prime now, what are the chances of getting it tomorrow? I'm sick and this seems like a good plan if it'll work.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Also it's a Sony published game and mysteriously those always download really quickly...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Dimo ArKacho posted:

If I order this on prime now, what are the chances of getting it tomorrow? I'm sick and this seems like a good plan if it'll work.

Like zero?

Like even if you do 1-day shipping, you'll probably get it at like 7-8pm.

Just digital preorder.

Git them armors and poo poo.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Snak posted:

Like zero?

Like even if you do 1-day shipping, you'll probably get it at like 7-8pm.

Just digital preorder.

Git them armors and poo poo.

If you have intentions on purchasing the season pass at some point then digital deluxe saves you a bit of scratch. Season pass looks to be $25 while it's only $20 as part of the Digital Deluxe edition. Dunno about regions other than the US though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That's part of why I preordered digital deluxe. I didn't actually know that the season pass was gonna be 25 and not 20, but I figured I might as well get the preorder bonuses.

Like if you're gonna get the dlc anyway, just get the digital deluxe.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bombadilillo posted:

Watching some reviews. It sounds like the Yokai Realm coop is NOT the regular levels. But explicitly different layouts. I can't tell if it was Twilight Realm or its own special coop map layouts.

Might affect people who wanted to coop the whole game.

Can anyone confirm? Was I thinking wrong the whole time? I was under the impression you can "coop the whole game"

This would have to have been a huge change since the beta if so.

I did co-op in beta and it was the exact same level, the only difference was having to do it in one shot since you can't rest at bonfires.

lets hang out posted:

No it was different but just slightly. The tengu who would gank you if you ran up to chase the kappa behind the last shrine was only there in yokai realm coop. Same with the adds during the ogress boss.

I forgot about the 2 guys during the ogress boss, but after they died I don't think any more spawned so that wasn't really all that different. Could just be that's the NG+ rules. Maybe they push you into NG+ if co-op mode?

Still, you can co-op the whole game, its just the spawns might be slightly harder.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 6, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm a consumer whore. But I totally bought digital and spent the extra $12 to get it as soon as possible.

Yeah I go digital so I can play at midnight if I'm not working the next day. And I'm not working on Tuesday, so... :)

Fashinated
May 21, 2003

nom nom nom
We're now live on Discord, goons!

Edit: The link to the SA Discord server: https://discord.gg/Trm4k

Fashinated fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 6, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
...Got a link?

edit: Oh, thought we had a Nioh specific goon server.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 6, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I put this game in my Gamefly queue and they just mailed it out today, good on them

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
My Amazon success rate has been kind of spotty lately. I usually prefer getting the physical copy of a game I'd like to add to my collection, like a Dark Souls or a Final Fantasy. The 20% discount is a big incentive and makes me feel comfortable rolling the dice on when it'll be delivered. Recently I had orders for Resident Evil 7 and Tales of Berseria, both which were going to be released on the same day. RE7 showed up, and I got an email saying that Berseria was out of stock and it took a few more days to arrive. On the other hand, I ordered Watch_Dogs 2 (which is something I'd normally get digitally, but the sale was too tempting) and it wasn't delivered when Amazon said it was. I waited a few days, contacted their support, and got a second copy of the game sent to me free of charge. The next day the first copy showed up, idk what happened, but I gave the free copy to a friend. So it's a gamble but not a terrible one if you don't mind possibly waiting a few days to save some money.

That said, my copy from Amazon is still showing my copy of Nioh as not having been shipped yet but still arriving tomorrow, so I'm not particularly optimistic about the odds of my chances to play it tomorrow. And while that's a little bitter, all it really means is I'll have to be vigilant for over-excited fans posting "not-spoiler" spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

RatHat posted:

Good strategy. Don't get 40 gigs over 48 hours. Get the day one patch when you put your disk in.

Sure to save some time...