Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
seems a bit excessive to have early game enemies kill you in one hit with no armor on WE WANT THE SOULS AUDIENCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
huh i had 3 cups this morning (havent beaten the first boss yet so i havent helped anyone) and now i have 6 for some reason. but no one's joining to help me :(

looks like they just pulled the plug, at 4:20. what an odd time to end it

Relin fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 5, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I guess I was wrong, after trying again a few times its still up. I only beat the boss because having a co-op partner lags him all to hell, which I hope is not in the final game. Where is the mark of the conqueror saved on the PS4, I don't see it in storage?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

shark spirit sure clowns nue. is it just me or does he call down lightning on both players but only the host sees the graphic? or maybe it's on the host only? either way an odd implementation

they really need to redo the summoning system. in souls it's great because you put your sign down and your intent is pretty clear when the sign is in front of the boss. in this i got tired of people, who are somehow worse at games than me, summoning in areas that aren't the boss

Relin fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 6, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Changes in reaction to the demo:

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/733241686977978370

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1somso0

I think it's lame they removed degradation entirely. Interesting that Asia and Japan dislike the difficulty, while Americans are UP TO THE CHALLENGE :smug:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

sounds like you cant do this any more :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

looks like its not recognizing mark of the conqueror for NA players, very nice

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Monolith. posted:

Does it screw you If you rid of the first demo for the Mark?

Meaning it doesn't save your completion of it.
since i still have the alpha demo and its not working i doubt it

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i see they still didnt fix the transfer problem. guess ill start the demo bare now sigh

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

they nerfed the drop rates to compensate for no durability loss right? It seems to encourage farming, and I haven't gotten a second good dual katana in a while. I don't like this change, they should have just made the repair stones easier to obtain

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

lets hang out posted:

btw here's the survey http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_b_us everyone tell them to make twilight missions not on a daily timer
i dont see a problem with a daily timer, prevents burn out and gets people coming back

how do you change arrow ammo types

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

you should really be able to continually become a visitor, searching over and over sucks. also people who summon for non boss things are the worst. do you retain pick ups if you die when summoned, or when the host does?

Relin fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 27, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

is revenants summoning themselves a twilight only thing

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

drop your loving purple swords you rear end in a top hat revenants

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

What are these nonrespawning glowing turtle enemies? Just loot pinatas?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

http://wccftech.com/niohs-game-director-the-game-will-take-70-hours-on-average-no-plans-for-pc-release-currently/

How long do you expect it will take players to complete the game, on average?

Yasuda: It will take on average around 70 hours.

Koei Tecmo recently ported a lot of games to the PC platform, and there’s already a petition for Nioh. Is there a chance you might release the game on PC at some point?

Yasuda: We currently do not have any plans to release Nioh for PC.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

well it already has one up on dark souls 3 then

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

kodama are a lot easier to find, at least in this new stage
there's skills that cant be learned until you learn other mystery skills
you seem to get less amrita for turning in items

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i dont think this was posted re: mark of the conqueror

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/823051027641290753

also, the multiplayer still does that thing where it just stops searching or gives you an error. the third result is no suitable matches found, which is at least reasonable

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

You don't have to "choose" either. You get both. And if you can't get them right then, you can always press Square on the main menu to unlock them in the store again later.
everywhere i see, including this thread, has people saying the MOTC didn't download. they're making it available later, because of incompetence. lest we forget they said you could bypass the first stage in the beta by having dled the MOTC, and it didn't work then either. so not holding my breath for the 3 rewards actually working when the game goes live

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I just got summoned by someone in Twilight that ignored a kodama I stood on (there's no way he didn't see it), then summoned a revenant. Uhh what the gently caress are people doing in this game. no guy, don't fight the enemies on the way to the boss, you can just run past them and take zero damage

edit: looks like environmental items are on the ground whether a host has picked them up or not? i've also seen hosts retrieve their spirits but different animal spirits are still present

Relin fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 22, 2017

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Renoistic posted:

Does anyone know if there are going to be a big variety of environments or if missions will heavily reuse them? If not this might be the game I wanted Toukiden to be.
the short missions so far have been samey. the long missions are unique

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Agnostalgia posted:

Gyokuto: Pronounced "Gyokuto" in Japanese.

ok
this guy probably pronounces it "guy o cut o" in this head :rolleyes:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

RatHat posted:

They changed his nationality to Irish in this game though.
he's looking for his personal guardian spirit which is a fairy of some sort

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Phantasium posted:

People were dying a lot at the start because they kept trying to play it like Dark Souls and didn't know about the game's mechanics (which the alpha didn't explain terribly well).
Sounds like someone relied on 100% block/high stability shields to get through all of the Souls games

it's me

Relin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 30, 2017

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

and fists!!!!!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Genocyber posted:

Fists were really bad in all previous releases. Low damage, you stagger on any blocked hit, no ability to use Ki Pulse, and an extremely limited base moveset with no new moves to purchase. It pretty much exists purely for blade catching (which won't work against like half of the enemies in the game).
they need to pander to the level 1 masochist crowd

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

lets hang out posted:

Also, if you weren't able to download the Mark of the Conqueror DLC before, try typing "MARK O" into search on the store. You should find it and be able to download it now. At least it worked for me, here on my US account. Dunno if it works for people who didn't actually earn it.
well thats a relief. i did all three demos and it never downloaded properly, and now i can see the actual dlc on my system

also the intro to the alpha focuses on an item on a corpse, which drops a sword... is this perhaps your very first video game

Relin fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 3, 2017

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Did anyone else get sent 2 preorder codes by amazon? The first had the three items for the standard preorder and the second I couldn't redeem, perhaps because it was the same as the first

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

So am I safe to liquidate all my preorder poo poo since it's appearance is automatically saved or is there a different mechanism for it?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i think people would complain about centipede less if he didnt have dark souls 2 level tracking

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i was tearing my hair out trying to find the kodama in the crypt in the three angry gods mission. i can see the wall yokai but it doesnt light up. i guess they revert to walls if you beat the mission?

why

why though

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

ugh i got all the kodama but missed a teaset piece

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I finally had a moment where I had to stop after getting too frustrated. The enemy layout on "The Fallen Onmyo Mages" is such a loving slog.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

they should really have a face pop up every time they mention a character's name.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

How do you increase the clan bonuses? It has blue numbers in parentheses so I assume you can?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

why thank you for the orochi boss koei tecmo, how did you know i loved constant boss invincibility, insta kills, and being shot at by enemies from off screen! what a treat!

Relin fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 15, 2017

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

There's some exploit with the blacksmith where you can just spam speak to tome over and over and get points. Doesn't work for me for some reason!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Emalde posted:

"Exploit"? This is how you're supposed to get ~20 points or so after doing all of the game content (the rest coming from spending money).
This produces an infinite amount with no new dialogue. Just spamming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i like how in the ending Hanzo is about to kill you to tie up a loose end, and then when William sees Hanzo in the amrita crystal ball he's like I must go back!