Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Weapon durability really saps fun from the demo. Your katana breaking and suddenly needing to use another weapon class that you've put no points in until you get a katana drop is the worst. I hope it's less of an issue in the full game.

Also it hurts fancy dress up time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

I'm very late to the party but after enjoying those alpha and beta demos I finally picked up the complete edition and started it the other night.

It seems far easier than I remembered (that first boss in the demo was just a wall I struggled for hours against but I killed him first time last night). I'm taking this to mean I'm just better than I was.

The Diablo style loot is a bit of a put off as it drops a bit thick and fast and I've taken to just dumping it without looking in detail unless they're purple.

Co-op seems entirely dead which isn't helped by needing to sit on the world map to be summoned. That was a really poor design decision

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Unfinish3d posted:

Instead of just dumping unwanted gear, donate it at a shrine for amrita and some bonus items. It's a good way to stock up on elixirs early on. You can just go to the all items tab in the donation menu, and then choose to donate everything below purple quality at once so it only takes a second

That is what I meant by dump! The extra elixer bonuses it provides are very useful

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

I've just reached the poison mine level. After a wonderful start it's like the dev team wanted to make sure I knew that secretly they hate me.

What a crappy level

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

ArkInBlack posted:

Remember if you smash the stones spewing the poison they don't respawn when you die/pray at a shrine, so it's something you can slowly make progress on if you need to. There's a few things like that all over the game, where you can make progress even if you die.

Ah, I'd not realised this. I'd been sprinting between fans ignoring monsters to avoid the poison coming back.

This is fine then

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

JBP posted:

I'm psyched for Nioh 2. I hope they both significantly reduce and dramatically increase the loot game if that makes sense.

I think that makes perfect sense but I'm also not sure if any game has ever done Diablo-style loot well. I suspect I just had patience for it when I was younger

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Andrigaar posted:

Started to lose interest in the side missions and just plowed through the story missions until I unlocked NG+ around an hour ago. Decent game, but frequent enemy placement behind corners, level design, excessive trash loot, reused levels, and the amount of OHKOs will forever leave me with a middling opinion. Few other things too, but meh.

Likely will casually play a bit more to see the loot escalate.

I've just reached the fourth region and I'm similarly feeling like I'm running out of steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

I did the story mission after the one that causes end credits. My options now are ng+, some two bosses at once side missions or the dlc. All seem to be vast leaps in difficulty

I'm probably finished here. Given the vast improvements from aloha to beta to final, I'm expecting Nioh2 to be magical

Lamquin posted:

A revenant dropped a set called Dragon Ninja which made my friend overjoyed because of the "Unlimited Shurikens". Except he went from doing 500 per shuriken to something super low like 30. We can't find the reason for the damage drop, is it just an undocumented side effect of the set bonus?

The damage reduction is explained if you look at the help text on unlimited shurikens