Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I want to die.

An overtired 3 year old hopped up on Coca Cola and less than stellar parents and a lot of yelling. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kastein posted:

also we tried my new rice cooker out today and gently caress the haters it's totally worth having a one-use appliance like this around. Dump in water and rice and push a button, then work on something else till it beeps. It's awesome.

ken was right

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I actually like Rutledge Wood but he would be nicer on his own. If I had dumb money I would buy equally stupid poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPGNmVqF0c4

I mean look at this poo poo. Dude fits in with AI better than most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAGx0lsUN4I

Dude has an E30 monster truck. And an '83 Civic wagon with avocado green plaid Recaros. And a rear-wheel-drive turbocharged 2JZ swapped Scion xB.

I have a new appreciation for Rutledge Wood now.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone else watching this GS OKC game? drat.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Im gonna get my license soon and want to get a nice looking car. I'm more of a looks over performance guy i guess whatever that means. For example I find the Mazda RX-8 to be really really pretty and will most likely be the car I'll be trying to gget, as it doesn't seem to be that expensive either (~6k CAD for a good one for example). Any other similar cars that don't break the bank used and look sportsish sexy

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Anyone else watching this GS OKC game? drat.

Yep, OKC completely blew that opportunity. One of the worst meltdowns I can remember in a long time.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I AM BRAWW posted:

Im gonna get my license soon and want to get a nice looking car. I'm more of a looks over performance guy i guess whatever that means. For example I find the Mazda RX-8 to be really really pretty and will most likely be the car I'll be trying to gget, as it doesn't seem to be that expensive either (~6k CAD for a good one for example). Any other similar cars that don't break the bank used and look sportsish sexy

How old are you?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

How old are you?

wtf im only here for the car recs

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

There is a reason that RX-8s are cheap.

It's because they're garbage.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I AM BRAWW posted:

wtf im only here for the car recs

RX-8 rotary is garbage. Motor will need an overhaul every 70k.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

wow that gay bird avatar guy is saying thanks for the gay rear end fag furry comic.. lmao.. what a human being.. weirdo FurFucker

I AM BRAWW posted:

stop saying this lmao, puff daddy is still loving puff daddy. no matter what you retard brain thinks that dude still has weapon/assault charges and was/is still a major head figure that no doubt has some connections.

I AM BRAWW posted:

hector im going to beat you up, you're not longer in my 'gang' dude.. lol.. give me back that badge i fuckin gave u

I AM BRAWW posted:

cant beleive how horny the weeknd make me

I AM BRAWW posted:

did the human being adtrw piece of poo poo kill himself yet

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I AM BRAWW posted:

why would you ask to "please keep that foreign poo poo out of the thread" you dumb gook rear end porchmonkey, it's a general rap thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Truly the poet of our age.

How old are you?

I AM BRAWW posted:

gently caress I thought it was at least 100k, is there an actual thread for car rec's

There used to be. Did it fall to the archives?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
gently caress I thought it was at least 100k, is there an actual thread for car rec's

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Geirskogul posted:

Truly the poet of our age.

How old are you?

There used to be. Did it fall to the archives?

i'd love to sift through your post history as well and find some funny stuff to make fun of you but i doubt there's much as you seem to be a real poster

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
It's like when top gear went to Florida and got the redneck Stig.

This is the worse version of SAC.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3213538

Car recommendation thread is here.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

thank you bud

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ugh. I was feeling pretty good all weekend, now suddenly today I'm getting sick or something and it's sapped all my strength. Went to pick up a guitar amp that was my bday present, by the time I put it I'm my car and drove home I was feeling woozy and dead. Got home and I've been drifting in and out of sleep for like the last 6 hours. Feels bad man.

I hope I feel good enough to go to school tomorrow, there's an aiaa meet n greet/informal group interview for prospective leaders. I applied to run the rocket project, so i don't wanna miss it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I AM BRAWW posted:

Buy a Miata or get the gently caress out.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I know it isn't a lot but I changed my rear brakes for the first time. Ran into some issues so I didn't get to touch the front brakes. Learned how to adjust the parking brake too.

My question now is what do I do with the old pads and rotors? Can I take them to a store like Autozone?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

My question now is what do I do with the old pads and rotors? Can I take them to a store like Autozone?

I keep a short rubbermaid bin for recycling junk metal. Once it fills up (like every 4 months) i lug it to the recyclers where I usually get about $8 for the contents.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mariooncrack posted:

I know it isn't a lot but I changed my rear brakes for the first time. Ran into some issues so I didn't get to touch the front brakes. Learned how to adjust the parking brake too.

Put them in the garbage can? Take them to a metal recycling place?

I always just out for the trash.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

It's like when top gear went to Florida and got the redneck Stig.

This is the worse version of SAC.

Nah, he's still bad by florida standards.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CommieGIR posted:

How old are you?

That was my first thought too. I'm guessing 15?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
God, I suddenly feel like I was much smarter as a fifteen year old. I mean, I still want an RX-8 even now, but just so I can swap a LSx in it because I have a sick fetish for suicide doors that an i3 just wouldn't help.

Do not buy an RX-8, child. If you want to make a horrible car mistake, I know where you can find a BMW E30 with a salvage title and a front end mostly made of bondo, dreams, and textured appliance paint, it'll at least have some redeemable parts.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CommieGIR posted:

Not gum disease. Open root/cracked teeth, etc.

:cripes: I didn't mean for my tooth comment to spawn debate.

Should have mentioned it was a crown that came out, so the root is long gone. I had absolutely zero warning on it falling out though, usually they feel loose for awhile before they come out to say hello. I honestly didn't even realize I had a crown on that tooth until it came out last night. I'm sure I knew about it when it was crowned originally, but that was a long time ago.

MustardFacial posted:

Bought myself a driving appliance on the weekend. 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS.

The seller knows one thing about cars* "change the oil every 5,000km" which he did religiously. In addition to that it, the guy wasn't a cheapskate and whenever the mechanic recommended that something be replaced, he did it. This was backed up by the 2" thick folder the guy had containing the invoice for every single thing he spent on the car, even down to the antenna ball. As a result this thing feels brand new even though it's got 103,000km on it. There is only one issue with it really and the reason why he sold it; the sway bar end links are done, looking at a diagram they look pretty simple to replace, let's see how much this will set me back:

:dance:

*Like legit that was all he knew about cars. I asked him to pop the hood and he looked at me wide-eyed and asked how to do that.

Plan to do the sway bar end links every few years. Mine started clunking shortly after buying the car, but I had a 30 day warranty from the dealer I bought it from. I'm surprised I haven't had to replace them again yet; I've had the car 3 1/2 years now.

Glad you found a well-maintained example. Mine has been shockingly reliable, and I've more than doubled the miles on it since I've owned it (I'll break 141k miles, or 227k km in Canadian moon units, tomorrow; bought it with 66k). It did come close to leaving me stranded once, but it had the original serpentine belt, which shredded at 101k miles. It had about 1/3 of the belt left, managed to drive it home like that after cutting off the part that was flailing around.

leica posted:

Good find, get used to the front end clunking and making noises it's an issue with these cars that apparently cannot be fixed for whatever reason.

Just keep an eye on the end links because these cars eat them and just drive the piss out of it.

Mine doesn't have any clunks or odd noises. :confused: I mean, granted, it's the Ion instead of the Cobalt, but the suspension and steering is identical, and 99% of the mechanical bits are identical too (the only differences I know of are the battery and the clutch master cylinder). Pretty sure the HHR uses most of the same parts too, though it does weigh a bit more than the other Deltas.

MustardFacial posted:

There is a fix, it's the MOOG ones that have metal bushings with grease nipples on them These will probably be the ones I get.

Thanks! I now understand why new parents are so tired all of the time, I was up until 4am last night feeding her. My mother-in-law gets in a huff with me when I call her a "little poo poo machine"

Thanks for that - I don't think the dealer installed the Moog version when they did mine. Just looked up the part number and they fit the Ion as well, so I'll go with those whenever they start rattling again. I didn't know that Moog had come up with a fix..

And babies are absolutely little poo poo machines.

meatpimp posted:

Back off of SAC, you guys are being unnecessarily righteous dickbags.

Pot kettle bla waaaaaaaait a minute MEATPIMP is saying people are being self-righteous?! :vince:

BloodBag posted:

gently caress this gay earth

WHAT DID US GAYS EVER DO TO YOU?!? :smithicide:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I actually like Rutledge Wood but he would be nicer on his own. If I had dumb money I would buy equally stupid poo poo.

Rut really does have some neat poo poo.

I can't think of anything positive about Mr Jersey though, and the show itself is just... crap. They're trying way too hard.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
4AM ER visit for my wife. Again. Damned stones are costing me money.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

some texas redneck posted:

WHAT DID US GAYS EVER DO TO YOU?!? :smithicide:

The only men worried about the existence of gays are worried about their own sexuality.

I seem to be the go-to guy at work for our big burly maintenance men to come out to, it's kind of sweet. :3: three so far.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Three hours of mandatory sustainability workshop is exactly as exciting as it sounds.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

MrChips posted:

Wait till you see what they did with UK Top Gear...

Actually UK top gear has always been bad

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

corn in the fridge posted:

Actually UK top gear has always been bad

Every time you post I am more and more convinced that you cannot possibly be real

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

literally a fish posted:

Every time you post I am more and more convinced that you cannot possibly be real

Shouldn't you be busy making the June chat thread already

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

corn in the fridge posted:

Shouldn't you be busy making the June chat thread already

How about you do it. Show us you can post something that doesnt suck

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Godfuckingdamn, did everyone's periods sync up again? Or did everyone decide to go off of their SSRIs at once?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Godfuckingdamn, did everyone's periods sync up again? Or did everyone decide to go off of their SSRIs at once?

I'm still chillin' :c00l:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Raluek posted:

Money, probably. A lot of jobs don't have very good dental insurance, and for some reason dental isn't considered part of health.

Late reply, but this.

I was a cook, then a baker for most of a decade. This did not come with decent pay nor insurance. I am reaping the results in deferred health problems now.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Pot kettle bla waaaaaaaait a minute MEATPIMP is saying people are being self-righteous?! :vince:

Hehe, I think the bigger part of that was that I actually agreed with something that Ozmiander was saying. Ironically, he got put in kitty jail before he could fully appreciate the sentiment.

I know I can be a dickbag, but I'm also an equal opportunity dickbag caller-outer. :smug:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

meatpimp posted:

Hehe, I think the bigger part of that was that I actually agreed with something that Ozmiander was saying. Ironically, he got put in kitty jail before he could fully appreciate the sentiment.

I know I can be a dickbag, but I'm also an equal opportunity dickbag caller-outer. :smug:

Takes one to know one etc.

;)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godfuckingdamn, did everyone's periods sync up again?

Yes. Next question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Fuckin got em. :thurman:

• Locked thread