Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I hope the May thread goes better than the April one.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cell phones in school lol. We had pay phones. Stick a quarter in, or phreak it.

:phone:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dagen H posted:

Computers? You mean the TRS-80s in Computer Lab?

Actually Apple ] [e and IBM PS/2 but same sentiment :haw:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Geirskogul posted:

Let me tell you the joys of working in a dedicated psych ambulance :allears:

The patients make the siren noises for you, amirite?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My parents' 16 year old LeSabre just puked all of its power steering fluid from the rack, and broke the serpentine belt. PS Pump is locked up. Looks like I'm car shopping for them again, though at 265,000 miles, I should have been prepared for the inevitable.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

freelop posted:

I sometimes wonder why central locking on houses isn't a thing (or more of a thing, I'm guessing there are systems out there)

It is!

:science:

And I have a keyfob for my home alarm that can be programmed to also lock/unlock any/all doors that have the optional fancy $300 locks.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Parent rant:

Dad gets a mailer from a car dealership, says he's won a prize, test drive a car to collect. Previously mentioned Buick is on last legs. He drives it to dealership, test drives a Hyundai Tucson and falls in love. Negotiates a killer deal on the Tuscon, gets more for the Buick than its worth. He calls me from the dealership and I confirmed that 18% off sticker and KBB retail for a 16 year old Buick with 265k miles was a good deal. I told him to call me when he gets to the finance office.

I don't hear back for 4 hours. I found out he bought an extended warranty that almost completely mirrors the factory warranty for $3500, and takes financing that is 2x what it will be when he calls the loving credit union on Monday. And then leaves without his toaster or whatever the hell he "won".

He says it's too much trouble to cancel the warranty and refinance, but wants me to listen to how he's a victim and there ought to be laws to protect him. I told him that a years worth of payments was absolutely worth spending another 4 hours at the dealership getting this worked out on Monday. At least it's a decent car and in the grand scheme of things he'll come out ahead if he'll get over himself. And get your drat toaster!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

InitialDave posted:

"There is, it's called power of attorney. Don't push your luck old man"

And Dad is the sane one LOL. I'll save my baby boomer rant for later.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sinestro posted:

do you even own a television?

He spends all of his time trolling AI in Something Awful Forums

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Congrats, and watch out for the Mustard Facial when changing!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

BigPaddy posted:

Ugh why are single make/model forums such cesspools? I just want some info on my car and to get anything you have to dig through huge swathes of people sucking the dicks of certain vendors, trolls who own competing cars and general insufferable idiots. The worst is when there is more than one forum and the members of each fight like cats because their forum is the "official" one or some other BS.

I like the ones where 90 percent of the topics are "performance" mods for models for which performance mods are completely illogical. And the mods are dubious at best.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Ding dong dell

Goon in a well

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Phone posted:

So SAC's new gimmick is TT's old gimmick where he's asking people to Google poo poo for him?

I dunno -- TT seems like a reasonably intelligent guy who was playing dumb for laughs (except it wasn't funny)

• Locked thread