Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Have you noticed the more sexually repressed your culture / religion is the more violent you are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Elmnt80 posted:

Also, this dumb rental 200 has an anti-burnout setting. It won't rev past 2500 with me holding the brakes. :commissar:

Isn't that how they work generally?

Also I've returned three iPhones to people before, or at least to the AT&T store. :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

clutchpuck posted:

1998 Ford F-150: where is the CD changer?

I didn't think there was one, but I pressed CD on the dash unit and music started playing. There are like 3-4 CDs in it and I found a disc caddy on the floor but I cannot find the changer unit.

Are they good CDs?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

So a catering truck decided to change lanes without checking this new invention called "mirrors", and clipped me.

And of course they took off. Limited to some scratches on my bumper and headlight, but they go all the way through the paint to the plastic. Total repairs wouldn't be much more than my deductible.

Option A: file police report, accident goes on my record, police send letter to registered owner. Owner never responds, nothing happens except my rates go up once insurance sees an accident on my record. Police already informed me that since I didn't pull over and call them immediately, that I'm automatically guilty of hit and run myself and they won't investigate it beyond sending a letter (WTF DALLAS)
Option B: file insurance claim, pay my deductible, insurance sends letter to registered owner. Owner never responds, nothing happens except my rates go up.
Option C: take it (the sideswipe) in the rear end, owner of rear end winces, something else goes up.
Option D: stick some Cadillac horns on my car so that the horn can be heard

Options C and D it is.. :fuckoff:

No dashcam?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

ilkhan posted:

Did nobody see my weird car post? Not a single reply...

I saw it, didn't know what to say. :)

corn in the fridge posted:

I watched Deadpool on my flight and holy poo poo what a terrible film. Boring start to finish and every joke painfully forced and unfunny. I can't see how anyone with an IQ higher than room temperature actually finding this sort of tripe enjoyable.

I haven't seen it but wouldn't it be edited a lot if being shown on a plane?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Haha I've snapped together dog collars that use plastic buckles to make a belt.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bolind posted:

Oh, and I saw an honest to God Subaru Levorg in the wild today. I kinda want one. Too bad it's auto-only.

Ur a bus Grovel.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

They owe 1600 on a 20+ year old car? Sounds like they don't have a choice to not fix it

~15 year old... it's a 98-02. To be fair.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
How does the signal strength of those saucer shaped APs compare to a high-end router with external antennas?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

kastein posted:

That's kinda the point. Look at this guy who doesn't know that lambda in meters = 300,000,000/f and that a consumer wifi antenna is a 1/4 lambda monopole :smug::spergin:

a quarter-wave whip antenna for 2.4GHz is right around 3cm long. Maybe a hair longer since you need to make it the right length at copper wire propagation speed not lightspeed. poo poo, if you wanted to you could fit a fully functional halfwave dipole in the "just for show" antenna you allege most consumer wifi gear comes with.

So I should tell my mom to get the UniFi AC LR AP then? :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

Turns out my 850 VA UPS only runs my desktop for about 10 minutes. The much smaller 550 VA on my mom's PC kept it running through the ~30 minute outage (though it was about to shut down). :stare: Guess that's the difference between an i3 w/1 HDD + 1 monitor, and an i5 w/4 HDDs + 2 monitors...

How is the battery quality, though? You probably know this, but they use little sealed lead-acid batteries, like the kind you'd find in an alarm system. They only last a few years.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I was waiting for the box to burst into flames. Hence the fire extinguisher sitting close at hand.

Well, if it's lasted 60 years already what are the chances it's gonna go now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The Transformers: The Movie (1986)

• Locked thread