Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Sorry to hear, laf. You're good people. You can tell, because meatpimp doesn't like you.

Got a rack of ribs about to come off the smoker, pot full of collards going, some mac and cheese cooking...life is good.

Then I remember everything that sucks and I'm miserable again :v: oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I cleaned leaves, moved rocks, shoveled dirt, and moved poo poo all day Saturday. Then Saturday night at the dirt track I leaned over to pick up my beer and threw my back out :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Has anyone else been watching Viceland since it became a channel? Because I feel like I haven't watched much else since then.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I will take 85 and humid all loving day. I will also take 100 and dry. But gently caress below 70 and anything. If the middle east wasn't hosed I would live there.

Also, where's 14"? Was working on the GTI and this fell out of the drivers seat.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Seeing Fear Factory tonight. Cannot loving wait.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tomarse posted:

I saw them with Devin Townsend a couple of years ago. It was good. However my most memorable bit of Fear Factory was just after they finished, when an endless looping rendition of 'cars' kicked off in the crowd, and kept going for a good 10 minutes.

It was a packed gig, so there was a slow moving queue to get out of the main room and into the bogs and then to the bar area and back before Devin Townsend was on. This turned into a massive 'cars' conga line with the singing carrying on through the duration of the toilet queues and then back out and during the bar queues. They didn't even play it in their set.

That's loving awesome. The last time I saw them was in....04? With Chimera and Arch Enemy, and that was in a 2500 cap theatre. Tonight is a ~400 cap bar. But I did see Burton C Bell doing an encore set during a Ministry show.

Tonight they're playing Demanufacture in its entirety, apparently most shows have been 11 songs then a 7-8 song encore set. So excited.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tomarse posted:

Should be a good night out! I think Demanufacture is my favourite album due to how many hours I spent playing carmageddon in my teens!

I also went to a gig tonight to see The Moulettes, who are apparently classified as "chamber/psychedelic/prog/folk-Rock" . They are awesome, and the venue was also very nice.
I usually go to loud metal gigs in generally lovely venues so this was a nice change!

It was loving amazing. Even though now I'm only getting three hours of sleep :v:

Other than some drunk broad grabbing my dick and trying to pull me away from the stage by it, it was an awesome night.

But I feel like I'm getting way too old for this poo poo.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

This is seriously a thing in Canada?

Guessing he lives in Alberta.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

I loving bored.

I feel like I've just hit a wall with anything and everything that brought me enjoyment. I haven't turned my ps4 on in like 4 weeks, completely disinterested in flying (thou last few months bills from the club I'm in probably has something to do with that - which is why I am serious entertaining buying a plane), no car projects look interesting...

There's some home improvement projects I need (and want) to do but I just can't make myself start them.

It's weird. For the first time in a long time I have both the means and time to do just about whatever I want and not really interested in doing anything. Just a rut?

My last year.txt

Not that it's a TON better now, but honestly I just started writing poo poo down. If I want to do it, or need to do it, I wrote it down. Somehow it makes me feel more guilty if I don't. Then once I finally do it, or start it, everything feels right and normal and good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

Its funny you say this as that was an idea that came to mind a few minutes ago. I don't know. I know I'm in a bit of a rut or funk or whatever and there's really no reason to be. Life is, ostensibly, great. So I don't know.

Middle age crisis after turning 43?

I've been in the same poo poo. And since I started doing that, and just TRYING to have a more positive outlook, trying to be the best I can put forward, and just trying to do what makes me happy...it has mostly gone away.

The brain is loving dumb.

Where is adibiatic when he's needed

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cage posted:

Good tips, but I only drink 2 days a week and thats after going to the gym with my pops. I don't do anything silly like skipping food so I can drink.

e: That article was written by Sunny Sea Gold :stare:

I'm down about twenty pounds in the last two months, and another 20 to go.

If I'd just stop drinking I'd probably be there already :v: but craft beer is delicious.

Not much tastes better after the gym than a big steak or burger (no bun) and an IPA.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Okay wait, someone was seriously asking about putting a carby in a modern car??

LOL WTF

It's somewhat popular on LS motors by rednecks, or people trying to get the motor legal for racing in certain classes.

Question for the UK people: how is the graham norton show seen by you guys? Funny or poo poo?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

88h88 posted:

It's better than most chat shows but that isn't saying much.

What's the reason for the question?

Because I love watching it and was just wondering how it was viewed there :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Being John Malkovich is such a loving good movie.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

You could drive at 70 and not get anything but horns telling you to stop being such a slow poke dumbass.

At 100 in a car you're getting stopped. On a bike... You can't outrun radios.

gently caress you deadpool was hilarious.

Did nobody see my weird car post? Not a single reply...

100 on a bike also totally depends on the bike. If you're on a quiet, sport touring bike or the like and you're in full gear with reflective gear most cops don't even glance at you.

Sport bike with a loud pipe? You're getting pulled for everything.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Liquid Communism posted:

Again, you're missing the point. The pursuit doesn't matter. They likely aren't going to chase you, they're just going to call ahead to the next couple jurisdictions over and when you stop for gas you'd best hope that there's not a cruiser waiting to have a little chat with you. You can outrun the locals, but in the middle term that sportbike's not carrying enough fuel to make it to Mexico. :)

Half a tank on anything but a chopper would get me to Mexico, point disproven, you lose fucko

:v:

That said, in my dumber days I've passed a cop at 140 and had him shake his head. And when younger I had one start to chase because I passed him doing 80 in a 70, and I got away.

I really don't understand how I'm still alive. I was a loving idiot when I was younger.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

Dang, that's a perfect name for them. We see a ton of that poo poo here at work. 2 things I hate more than anything working here; safe spaces and trigger words. Fortunately, none of our instructors have bought into that bullshit so they're not as bad here as our bay area counterparts. The downside is some of our counterparts are buying into the safe space trigger word bullshit because millennials are mythical creatures that need to be coddled instead of learning to be adults in the real world.

Millennials may be hosed up, but we were raised by you assholes.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
As long as we can all agree that boomers ruined the world, we're cool.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

1500quidporsche posted:

Day three of the new "workflow process" and the daily meeting is already up at 35 minutes, this morning is literally just sorting through emails and filing them on SharePoint despite the fact that I could reply to them way faster.

Send help.

Ha. We just started sharepoint at work also.

Today I was told to email updates to a document to someone so he could update it.

Said document is an unlocked working copy that any one of us can update, but he's still trying to justify how he wastes his day.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

Holy goddamn, I'm sorry. We've been running it since 2008 and it is a slice of overpriced mediocrity and the reason why I'm going to Vegas next week; Sharepoint developer training.

The whole point was to make life easier. But now ten minute meetings have turned into 45 minute meetings. And no one actually knows how to use it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Oh, ots even better: it's military, serviced by a contractor, so we can't actually change anything.

All those old guys that CT says can do everything and young guys suck? They're the ones ruining our loving lives right now. Because not a single loving person over 35 that I work with even understands at a loving basic level what the gently caress the program is meant to do.

So it has still just turned in to: "hey I'm going to email you this, update that document." Except now the meeting to say that takes 45m instead of ten, because the guy running it (40+) can't type with more than two fingers and doesn't understand this fancy magic box.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Watches are basically just as useless nowadays. It is a bracelet. You got a phone for time.

Until you work in an area where you're not allowed to have portable electronics.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NitroSpazzz posted:

Always fun to see the reaction when people realize they really aren't getting their phone back. All those signs you walked by aren't a joke and we weren't asking to bug you. If they're feeling really really generous they'll just wipe it and give it back after a few factory resets.

Or in my case straight to federal prison.

I'll wear my watch, thanks.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MustardFacial posted:

Well in that case, I hope she likes fixing cars and gutting fish, because I'm smashing the patriarchy with this kid.

Get that girl in a dirt track car when she's like 5.

My local track has girls 12-40 that are either competitive or winning in every single class of racing they do. My wife loving loves it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Making a wheelchair for my dog.

He's still super happy and active but his back legs just barely work anymore :( it's gonna be ghetto, but really don't have the $200+ to buy one.

Owning a dog really is like just buying a time release sadness pill.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just picked up a 9lb brisket to throw on tomorrow. Can't loving wait.

There is zero good BBQ in California, and it has been way too loving long since I smoked a brisket. Actually probably about 8 years.

Edit: also found a sweet 2 Live Crew single released before the explicit content warning was required on it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

El Jebus posted:

That is just not true! I'm smoking pork shoulders overnight tonight! It will be delicious :colbert:

It is true there is very little decent commercial bbq though. If I wasn't such a lazy rear end in a top hat I'd look into starting my own joint here in the Coachella valley. There have been some mediocre places but this valley can't sustain something that isn't at least great. It would need to be good enough to bring people from out of town. Not Franklin level, but still really good.

Commercial BBQ joints here are just way too fancy, or just utter poo poo. And over half of the ones I've been to don't even really smoke the meat, or if they do somehow it has like negative flavor.

Or they use avocado wood, which tastes like dogshit.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ether Frenzy posted:

Agreed the only way to get good BBQ in California (and by California I mean LA) is to do it yourself. It's surprising how no one has filled this commercial niche, or the ones that do are so mediocre. Like aggressively mediocre.

No poo poo.

Then again, I don't know if a truly good place could work out here. People seem to love lovely BBQ here. I'm in the Temecula area, and there's a ton of the mediocre to horrible places and they thrive. It's sad.

Edit: one place I went, I ordered chopped brisket. What I got was soggy, 1" cubes of meat with a sugary glaze. The owner was in there and asked what I thought, I was honest. He said they'd started out doing it traditional and transitioned to that...mess...because it's what people wanted.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted:

OKAY THIS HAS BEEN A COMEDY OF GODDAMNED ERRORS

Thinking I had done well today with the oil pump replacement on the bus, I decided to take it out to the local gas station to pick up some mixers for the rum I have.

I get to the Circle K, and notice that I'm leaving a trail, and there is a gigantic puddle of oil underneath the bus. A quick peek underneath makes it look like it's from the new oil pump area, but that area is blocked by the engine mount bar and other things.

Since I'm already there, with no additional oil on hand, I check the level and it's good (I had overfilled it earlier, remember?). So I get the sodas, and drive very swiftly (but in the highest gear possible to reduce RPM without lugging it) back home, turning it off at stoplights, etc.

I get home, and you can clearly see the trail I've left. So, I run in quickly to get the oil drip pan and throw it under there. After that, I grab the sodas, and start to head inside.

The bag breaks, both 2-liters fall, and BOTH of them explode. Not out of the cap, but down the sides of the bottle.

I still have a can of pineapple juice, so I go inside and throw a couple of ice cubes in a glass. Then I pour in some 151 (because rum and pineapple juice is terrible, I'd guess), and the pineapple juice.

The ice cracks from the warm juice, and shatters the glass.

:suicide:

That's amazing. I love those days.

Also 151 and pineapple juice is delicious. Add Malibu to make a caribou lou.

BGE is nice but overkill unless you just like spending money. For the price, you could buy a Weber, a propane smoker, and a charcoal smoker and have enough left over to cook meat for most of a year on all three just to figure out which you like more.

I still want one eventually, but I can build my own smoker for less money, so it still doesn't seem quite worth it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Rookie just won the 500. Owns.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Also going back to BGE and smoker chat, my cheap propane has been holding at 225-228 for 6 hours now, with no input from me outside the first thirty minutes.

poo poo really isn't hard, you just have to be smart about it.

Also, we're like the only people in this neighborhood that ever cook outside. The only time you ever smell cooking is on holidays.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
loving brisket is stalled at 180. I really didn't want the hassle of having to crutch this fucker.

Wife is almost no help. She'll try, but as soon as her hands get hot she'll walk off and I'm hosed.

Oh well. Another 20* and this will be some delicious loving meat.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Was raking a big rear end pile of leaves, trying to clear up a bad corner of my yard where all the leaves swirl into.

Go to pull the rake back, feel a slight resistance, hear a small noise. Next thing I know I just cracked myself in the dick with half a rake handle.

That was almost ten minutes ago and I can still hear my wife laughing through the kitchen window, where she watched it all happen.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yes, I'm sure all of that experience in F1 trained him how to handle lapping an oval at 230mph less than a car length ahead / behind other cars.

Race owned.

Agreed. I talk loads of poo poo about Indy, but that race was loving tits from start to finish.

And Monaco showed that F1 is even more clown shoes than Indy. How the gently caress do you forget tires.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

So loving delicious. Pictures don't do it justice. Need to back off the chili powder a bit in the rub, but otherwise loving great. Now hopefully brisket gets cheaper than $6/lb again :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Nice smoke ring, I should get a propane smoker. How many hours?

9 hours and an hour wrapped in foil in a faux cambro to rest. 4oz of mesquite for wood.

Wife had never had real brisket before. She went loving nuts.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Moto 3 and MotoGP are the best racing series currently going.

Moto3 at Mugello was the best race I have seen in years.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

I have ramps, but they are too steep, the front hits before the tires start climbing them. Too bad I don't have the old race-ramps I used to load the race-car, they'd work great.

2x4 or something else in front of them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If you like guitars, music, Metallica, or just cool poo poo period, then watch this video.

https://youtu.be/yzwPZ27ju5I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

I never tried rolling a joint with pages from a comic book but hey, go crazy dude.

If it's black and white it works okay. Color burns weird and probably gives you cancer.

I was a stupid child.

But at least I knew how to plug a loving tire.

• Locked thread