Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Negligent posted:

Caaaaaaaarrrp

I consulted youtube for the relevant footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOvzAv1QTmU

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh. Barnaby is being horrendously juvenile, yes, but I still had to laugh.

:toxx: If Barnaby shows up to spruik the Nats at Tamworth High School again*, I'm going to yell "CAAAAAAAAAAARP" at him and get it on video for your enjoyment. In HD**.

*Assumes actual presence of named individual which may not actually occur. Poster does not accept liability for lack of individual's presence or other adverse events such as event cancellation, fires, floods, strikes, Acts of God, Acts of Goons or Acts of Parliament which may disenfranchise the poster for any reason. Lack of attendance of named individual at the named event venue shall thereby render the Toxx null and void and all agreements and stipulations maintained thereunder shall not be enforced.
**May not be available due to technical limitations. Poster makes no guarantees concerning video length, sound quality, picture quality or audiovisual compression algorithms.

This is your fault you know, thinking it's OK to cheat on welfare and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
the lean mean green machine

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat, I was just about to post that.

The parade of LNP incompetence marches on.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure interlocks would really be all that effective though. What's to stop someone with tech skills from just bypassing the interlock once it's installed?

The idea I'd like to float is the concept of Total Sobriety Orders: if you drive drunk or cause trouble in public while drunk, you can be legally ordered to stop drinking completely. Possibly even to the point of having all the booze, metho, rubbing alcohol and aftershave in your house confiscated. If you still find a way to get alcohol in your system, you face jail time. Anyone who serves or gives you booze faces jail time.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Good way to kill a lot of alcoholics imo.

By hanging themselves?

starkebn posted:

A well thought out policy

Well, the order would have to be added to a digital register for pubs and clubs to check on, that way they'd know who not to serve.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

It me, the democrats voter who wants licit drugs criminalised

I don't want alcohol criminalized, I want to be able to keep alcoholics and problem drinkers from doing stupid poo poo that can kill people WITHOUT punishing people who are doing the right thing.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence posted:

I dunno, maybe we'd be better off looking for the personal and societal root causes of substance abuse and like, doing something about those instead

True, but that's only one part of the equation.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

katlington posted:

Minus the stuff about fighting wars for whatever reason, this is a good article and a hosed up situation. Is there any recourse at all?

Remember the movie The Castle? Allow me to refer you to our national constitution:

quote:

Part V – Powers of the Parliament
51. The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to:

(xxxi.) The acquisition of property on just terms from any State or person for any purpose in respect of which the Parliament has power to make laws:

Like in the movie, it could be strongly argued that the compulsory acquisitions did not occur 'on just terms' due to the significant hardships those evicted may face as a result of the Westconnex project. IANAL though.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

And they didn't even apologize for saying it. Canada FTW.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Recoome posted:

UPF guys getting capsicum sprayed it appears

About bloody time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

trunkh posted:

Completely unfounded but I feel it's partly from them getting page space in the press here while being seen as preferable to the two majors. There definitely a sense of being thrown under a bus by the major parties and he has seemingly captured a Dems 2.0 feel of keeping bastards honest so to speak because of it.

Eventually he will pull a meg lees or who ever hosed the Dems previously with penalty rates and the cycle will begin a new.

That depends on the kind of person Xenophon is at heart. I was only a kid when it happened, but as I understand it Lees hosed us over to curry favour with Howard and because she was a bigot who was sick of gays "taking over" the party. What REALLY hosed us over a few years ago, though, was John Davey and company stealing $22,000 out of the National Executive's bank account in order to save himself from bankruptcy, and tricking his minions (not the yellow pill-shaped kind) into attempting a very crude and ultimately unsuccessful coup of the party leadership. The bureaucratic mess of the aftermath combined with changing requirements was what got us deregistered. We actually have the numbers to be a party again, but there's a lot of red tape we need to cut through.

• Locked thread