Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

I'd rather have Hopkins at 4, and I'm not even particularly high on Hopkins.

After first 3, I like Nuk/AP/Green/Gronk/Gurley/DJ/Dez/Charles/Miller in half ppr.

In a the mock I was doing I had the choice of obj, nuk, or David Johnson at the 4 spot with the suggested pick being Dj.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Is it yahoo? They're higher than average on DJ

Fantasypros

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Metapod posted:

He has been referred to as nuk since Clemson so...

Even further
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-wr-deandre-hopkins-got-his-nickname-from-a-pacifier/

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Zach Zenner and CMike getting hype NFL you really are back

Glad I cut Zenner already!

I also traded Brady and 2017 2nd round rookie pick for chris ivory. :shrug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Had to go check my dynasty roster and make sure I hung on to Bunches of Funchess. Hopefully I will have a good QB/WR combo! (doubtful)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dorial Green to the eagles.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

:snoop:CHRISTINE MICHAEL:snoop:

CJ Prosise :getin:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Marvin Jones is a better value than Golden Tate IMO

Got both in my dyno league :smug: (don't know why I'm smug about that)

Forever_Peace posted:

Woah.

Add Washington and Bilal Powell. Plus some fringe sleeper guys: Hightower, Draugn, Gillislee

Right? Dorial's price is going to spike.

I also really like Washington, if you're referring to DeAndre in Oakland. I was planning on using my 3rd round rookie pick on him to cuff to Latavius, but the guy drafting in the spot ahead of me took him. :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DTaeKim posted:

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about being unable to attend a live draft for one of my leagues. Do I submit a list of 200 players or give criteria such as best WR in first round or whatever?

Even our live drafts are done using a online tool, if your league doesn't do that you're probably getting autodrafted.

If they are doing it online you can usually setup draft lists from the website your league is using. (might not be the case for a site like clickydraft)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

I dropped pass catcher Theo Riddick for big girl Christine Michael.

Last season I dropped Theo Riddick for Zach Zenner so don't feel too ashamed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Well I've prepared several rankings sheets for my buddy in prison. He's stoked for the season to be back and says it's one of the few things that keeps his mind occupied on the inside.

Thanks for being his man on the outside Beer!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

That's pretty cool. How does that work? Do they do a draft on the inside or does he tell you who to draft for him? I want more info!

It actually took us a couple weeks to hash out the best method, and it's pretty funny. Basically half the league or more is signing up for a prisoner calling service called pigeon.ly (what a great name for prison communication!). The service provides the inmate with 60 minutes per person of calling time monthly. He's been rationing his time between me and two other members (we're his go to calls for commissary scratch and outside info). Come draft day he's going to hang out by the phones all day (it's a line, once he hangs up he has to go to the back of the line), he'll try to pace it so he gets close to his draft pick, call one of us and hang out on the phone until his pick or make the pick quickly and hang up. He only gets 15 minutes per call though so he can't be too early or too late. He can't switch between email and phone since they are in different parts of the facility or else we'd email him 3-4 picks before his so he had time to get in line and make the call.

We've all agreed to pause the draft when it gets to him if he hasn't called us.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

This is awesome. You are good friends.

Thanks! He's basically my littler brother and I'd do just about anything for him.

RisqueBarber posted:

This is really cool let me know how it goes. Hopefully he gets out soon?

I'll post our league draft and highlight his team. That way ya'll can rip him for his 2 round reaches on all SF players and I can pass on the burns haha. He should hopefully be out of a facility and onto house arrest sometime next year, but the system is notoriously slow in handling this crap.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Why did Martavis have to smoke up?!?! :smith:

Way better than wheaton or coates.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dy. posted:

Goon league. $200 auction budget, 2 keepers. Keeper prices go up $5/year. Already keeping OBJ at $11.

For the other keeper I have two real options:

- Doug Martin at $25.
- Cam Newton at $8.

or also Gronk at $49 is the more expensive option.

Leaning towards Cam, but not sure. Thoughts?

I'd go Cam since $8 is a good price and I'm in love with Mr. Newton.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have high hopes for LMurray this year, he could also come at a great value in redraft leagues for a guy being described as a bell cow. (we'll see how the workload actually pans out)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

The only thing that scares me off about LMurray is that the Raiders seem to be pretty lukewarm on him, and Deandre Washington is lighting up camp and the preseason.

Coachspeak and all that but Del Rio recently said he wants to increase Murray's touch count (was something like 220 last year) and get DeAndre touches, so maybe they do like him?

e:correction, was 266

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 19, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Doltos posted:

Yeah I agree, Murray's touches won't be threatened at all in the first few weeks of the year. I'm just worried that he's kind of a dud RB. I also think the Raiders' passing offense will dominate the touches.

Yeah that's my concern as well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I'm not sure how many more touches they can get Murray, he was one of four backs over 300 last year (#4, 307). I looked into that quote for the Raiders preview and my response was basically "well poo poo how the hell are you gonna pull that off"

Didn't realize the number I saw was for carries only (266). With receptions (41) he is over 300. Yeah I'm not sure he can get more haha. Maybe Rio just thinks his offense will be on the field 50 minutes of every game.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
DJ and Jordy in my humble opinion.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Agreeing with MacheteZombie, DJ and Jordy are your best bets.

I think if you have the option to take AJ Green at 7, you should do it. He has a been a model of WR1 consistency and his targets are bound to go up even more with Marvin Jones and Sanu leaving. In my opinion, he is the safest pick after the top 3 receivers. Is this PPR?

I agree with this take on Green as well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm honestly leaning towards L. Miller if AJ Green is gone.

What other top players would be available around then?

I agree with L Miller if Green is gone.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Maybe Gurley?

I guess a better phrasing would be what top names didn't get kept. Just to know what you're selection pool would be like... but if you've narrowed it down to the two you think will be in that spot it's kind of a moot point.

FPros says to take Gurley if available, fwiw.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Only first rounders being kept are Hopkins, OBJ, and D. Johnson (me).

I'm assuming the big 3 WRs will be gone by the time it swings to me. Green probably too.

I hate drafting in the middle.

I did some simulations on FantasyPros taking into account the three guys you mentioned being kept and it came out with you choosing between: Lamar Miller, Green, Gronk, and one time Julio.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey Beer, my buddy got my draft package and thought your beersheet was magnificent. He also said, "It's nice to see this guy's math match perfectly to my hand written rankings, well except Jordy, who is a top 5 wr"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Do you think you'll update it again before the 27th? That's when my draft is and I just want to make sure before I print this one. I assume not since it's only 5 days.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
o cool! i'll wait to print then. Thanks!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I signed up for a Pro account to avoid this. Apparently I am either moving 200GB worth of data or 100K downloads. In one day.

Any word on getting the sheets back up?
Sorry to bother.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chernabog posted:

Any advice for picking IDP? (just one)
I have no idea who to go for or when.

Is there big play scoring or is it one of those default "tackles=best points" scoring?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
With that scoring I'd follow the advice given.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Wait until a late round when there's no players on the board that you are enamored with at your current pick and then just take the best LB available

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
in my idp only league Khalil Mack hung up 56 fantasy points in one game.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My redraft league uses 6 Bn spots no IR. So 5 and 1 IR is probably fine.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lots of bonus points.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Try to draft one of the top 3 QBs.

also noticed 0 ppr.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So my league had its draft last night. I'm the 4th team and my buddy in prison who drafted via phone is the 10th team.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 28, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

How bad were you wanting AB84 to drop to 4?

I thought I had a chance for about 5 seconds (which was how long it took the 3rd spot to make their pick)

e: Also the process went fairly smoothly with my buddy calling in for this picks. There were times where it would take awhile for him to call which caused the draft to go longer, but it was expected and everyone was having a good time getting drunk and eating buffalo chicken dip. The last 3 picks my buddy made were auto picks because it was lights out when we got there.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 28, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I am the guy who always waits on a TE but I could not pass up getting Travis Kelce in the 8th round this year.

Kelce is a boss.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

if the business is being criminally under-utilized by an idiot coach and a noodle-armed QB then sure

Yeah he's underutilized, but he's awesome. Not his fault his coach and qb can't keep up with his awesomeness.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Zeus is going to strike you both down with lightning bolt spikes as he plows into the endzone on a 2 yard pass from Alex Smith.

(I really worry about his production this year as well, but I am optimistic since I own him in dynasty)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Would you rather own Tajae Sharpe or Rishard Matthews? .5 ppr

• Locked thread