Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

whoa aaron rodgers has a weekly show?

Not anymore, he kept getting quoted out of context by the media so he cancelled it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So someone just offered me a 2017 3rd rounder for Brett Hundley (Dynasty obviously, rookie draft picks)

Have I missed something or should I pretty much just take the pick? I drafted him in like the 7th last year in case he turned into something and he's just chilling on my taxi squad otherwise

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think I'd rather have Zeke than a 30 year old WR or a 2017 roulette spin. I'm not as on board with the Zeke hype train as most, but I have minimal confidence in anyone other than him this year.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dandy Kaiser posted:

It's almost as if Kyle Rudolph is not good at football and TEs are dumb and bad

Or the Vikings don't pass in the end zone (or anywhere else)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe he just doesn't drink enough milk and has brittle bones, you ever think about that?

Ezekiel 1.1, Lacso 1.2 is the real answer here

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
At least they built a tilt-a-whirl for you this year!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, Beer, have you ever considered trying out something like UNU to generate your beersheets?

http://unanimous.ai/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Suave Fedora posted:

- Prepare to lose some friends

- Don't talk to your friends about your fantasy league

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Or go my route and draft the bench first eventually segueing into only starting guys I pulled off waivers by about week 5

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dandy Kaiser posted:

gonna catch so many TDs and do nothing else of note and then get drafted on reputation for the next half decade

See: Rudolph, Kyle

In Kyle's defense it's not like he's had a passing offense to work with at any point in his career

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

I traded for Ben in dynasty because I was in a perceived pinch at qb. Now I can't dump him or Brady onto anyone in my league. :smith:

I've been trying to trade away Brady for 4 years now without any luck

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Forever_Peace posted:

Well there goes my 2nd-round strategy this year.

Just have to draft Temarrick Hemingway in the fourth instead

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Especially when the other guy has proven that all you need to do is tease him a little to get him to melt down and get suspended

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We should use the master class point system from "Searching for Bobby Fischer". We could probably even get Ben Kingsley to do little youtube presentations to the players for cheap because he's made it abundantly clear he'll do anything for money.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Benne posted:

E: You see, thread, I'm not negative all the time, even though it might seem like I am.

We clearly need more negativity here.

Thread: Which of these TEs should I pick up as a flyer as I find myself with only one 31 year old in my dynasty league and only Temarrick Hemmnigway and MyCole Pruitt on my taxi squad :rip:

:negative:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone think Dennis Pitta has a shot? I know he wants to come back

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RVProfootballer posted:

He's only 32, is a fine mid/low QB2, a backup QB is required at least one week a year, and most importantly isn't Jarius Wright or Cecil Shorts. Even in an 8 team, 1 QB league, ~QB20 is more valuable than ~WR80 or 100 or wherever you'd out Shorts and Wright.

Then there's my 16 team dynasty with 42 roster slots and an 8 man taxi squad and I'm still holding Devin Smith and Quincy Enunwa :negative:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Metapod posted:

Are there even enough players in the league for that?

It's IDP.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I see Alex Smith is tearing another thread apart

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm rostering tom brady, teddy bridgewater, and tyrod taylor and I ain't even mad

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Suave Fedora posted:

Why are we doing this T*m Br*dy thing? Is it like saying Voldemort's name or something?

It's because someone decided that word filters were a good idea. Just try talking about Ted "Lost to Trump" Cruz without the nickname.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hi guys. It's time to start stressing out over fake sports

They're like 10 pages ahead of you

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If dynasty people want to sow some uncertainty and make a play for Dion Lewis, or just feel like handwringing over Dion Lewis, there's rumors that Arian Foster is going to sign with the Patriots

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
7/10 deadline? :negative:. I'm in California on vacation, I'll try to log in on my phone or something

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hey hey hey, it's faaaat Karlos

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

Oh that's my point. He won't be there. From what I'm hearing/seeing today, he's suddenly a single-digit round player.

Barf.

Just means you can quietly get Jay later!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
But what about the belldozer

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiptoes posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/767057882470686720

Mike Gillislee seems entrenched as the backup in in BUF now with Jonathan Williams reduced to a long-term upside play. If Karlos loses the weight, he could easily look good in a workout for another team so he's still on my dynasty radar as a REALLY cheap buy low option but likely one not worth caring about.

I obviously chose the wrong keeper two months ago

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I still want to do a rso mock draft sometime

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Turns out my DropBox account was banned because over 100,000 BeerSheets were downloaded in a single day.

Time to get the corporate account

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is it time for The Maxx?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TommyGun85 posted:

your last 4 picks should be QB, TE, DEF, K in that order.

Unless you're in one of these drat 20 bench slot leagues like I seem to end up in. There comes a point where that defense and kicker is far more useful than the 5th string WR on the Chiefs

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MrSargent posted:

the box will be stacked against him on every down.

Has he ever had a quarterback where that wasn't the case?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiptoes posted:

What players have you guys wound up with multiple shares?

I don't really target specific players, but I seem to end up with Michael Thomas alot. And I grabbed David Morgan in most of my dynasty leagues due to his strong hair game

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I'm sitting my studs cause they're suspended

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gobias Ind. posted:

Should I use my #1 waiver on Andy Janovich???

You'd be a fool not to

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vargo posted:

I just dropped Tim Hightower to get Jernovich but I'm 5th in the waiver order so who knows.

Probably the only 9 points he'll get all year

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Starting Funchess was a terrible idea.

They said Benjamin was on a snap count so it wasn't a bad idea, just didn't really seem to be all that limited

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Not to mention Pete insists on using him as an inline blocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Suave Fedora posted:

Not seeing the connection between Crowell CLE and Jones WAS

He thinks Washington will beat out jones so crowell is more expendable