Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks, sadly after this season I only get to keep 14 of them (league decided we should "reset" rosters every 3 years with 14 players being keepable).

Seems like my rookies are first on the block. I asked RVP this, but why West instead of Ware?

Most pre-season/camp talk has pointed to Ware being the primary backup rather than West, and possibly the goal-line guy. It's just speculation at this point, so take it as you will. FWIW Matt Waldmann was a huge fan of Spencer Ware coming out, if you trust his talent evaluation.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8594/spencer-ware

ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher considers Spencer Ware the team's No. 2 back behind Jamaal Charles.

Although Charcandrick West made flashier plays, Ware severely outperformed him last season and is a better stylistic complement to Charles as a between-the-tackles pounder. There is a conceivable scenario in which Ware could offer some standalone value this year, especially if he handles short-yardage and goal-line work. Ware is a better late-round dart throw than West in fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

He was my TE1 in the Scott Fish Bowl. Guess I'm spending all my waiver bucks on an early breakout TE since Kyle freaking Rudolph is my backup!

And I really hope Green is OK, that's some scary poo poo...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

How'd you get into the Scott Fish Bowl? That's awesome, who are you playing with? Are you secretly a fantasy analyst?

Are you Evan Silva? Please pronounce "Delanie Walker."

I'm not an analyst, just a fan that listens to too many fantasy podcasts! I won an entry by rating and reviewing the Dynasty Blueprint podcast, and drafted against Ryan McDowell and some other analysts who I wasn't too familiar with.

Here's my team:

QB: Cousins, Tyrod, Goff
RB: Gurley, Charles, Rawls, Matt Jones, Sims, Watson, Zenner, Collins
WR: J. Nelson, Decker, Torrey Smith, VJax, Doctson, B. Ellington, Janis, Britt
TE: Green, Rudolph, N. Paul

I loaded up on workhorse RBs early to take advantage of the .25 points per carry and plan to start the full 5 RBs. I faded TE a bit too much in retrospect given the premium, and now the news that Ladarius Green might be done w/football is a huge blow. As I mentioned above, I'm probably going to need to get lucky and snag a breakout TE on the waiver wire to have a shot this year, unless Kyle Rudolph does something (he won't) or Jordan Reed gets injured (he might).

For reference, SFB rosters are:
QB
RB/RB
WR/WR/WR
TE
Superflex
Flex/Flex/Flex

.5 PPR for WRs and RBs, 1 PPR for TEs. .25 per carry for all positions (including QB)

It was really fun to draft and shoot the poo poo with folks on Twitter, and I'm excited to get crushed mercilessly. The draft alone was a great experience, and if you're interested in participating next year, you can sign up now on https://www.scottfishbowl.com and keep an eye out for podcast/Twitter contests early summer next year.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 11, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

In muddy situations, invest in the cheapest guy imo.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

CMike was a loving moron which was my main problem with him. If he fixed it then...

https://twitter.com/MattFranchise/status/763395392197103618

Time is a flat circle.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Oh god these ESPN app push notifications, somebody kill me

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Dorial Green to the eagles.

Tajae Sharp time. I have the 2.05 rookie pick in one of my dyno leagues and I'm hoping the guy OTC with 2.04 doesn't take him.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Devontae Booker in case of a CJA injury
Will Tye late round TE candidate
Marvin Jones is a better value than Golden Tate IMO

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Things change.

Reports out of camp are not too great about White. It's mitigated the buzz.

I've heard a mix of both. That he's looked really good, athletic and made some great catches. Sounds like he's still got some work to do in terms of route running, but I'm pleased with what I've heard so far.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I am big on Doctson myself and own a lot of him in dynasty, but it's worth noting he's got a mystery Achilles issue that has kept him off of the field for a few weeks.

If I had to pick one guy to pull a Kevin White/Breshad Perriman and miss a ton of time this year, it's Doctson.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OTC at 2.05 in a dynasty rookie draft on a rebuild team. Was leaning towards taking Sharpe, but got offered Kelce for my Delanie Walker + 2.05.

What do you all think?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Lol no to taking the trade, or to drafting Sharpe?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

Ridiculously easy accept. Walker is a year from death, Tajae Sharpe is a 5th round rookie on a team that doesn't throw. Edit: I assume it is known, but probably don't listen to Metapod when it comes to Titans, haha

Yeah, I'm accepting. I'm terrible at listening to real-time hype when trades/injuries happen.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Oh and don't get me started on how DFS has broken season-long analysis.

I'm actually interested to hear your thoughts on this. I enjoy messing around with DFS a bit in-season, but I get a good chuckle out of seeing some of the Twitter guys obsess over preseason DFS.

RAHEEM MOSTERT HYPE TRAIN

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

Jeremy Hill -- $4
Stefon Diggs -- $10
Andrew Luck -- $29
Eric Ebron -- $4 

I'd probably do Hill or Ebron, as I think Luck for $29 isn't an amazing deal given your salary increase structure (his long-term value takes a big hit since his cost keeps going up; makes old vet QB1s like Rivers and Palmer and Romo much better deals comparatively, and one of those would pair nicely with Carr) and I don't care to invest much in the probable Vikings WR2.

Reports seem to be that Diggs might be the guy at least early this year while Treadwell gets his feet under him. You're right though that whoever ends up with the WR2 gig in MIN (might even be Charles Johnson, if camp reports are to be believed) won't get enough volume for it to be super meaningful.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Benne posted:

Tajae Sharpe y'all

He's killing it. Targeted 3 of first 4 offensive plays the Titans ran. Now let's shut up about him!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Wanted to throw in one more plug for a brand new Goon Dynasty league (Spreadsheet Wars!) drafting this Wednesday that still needs a few owners to join.

Whether you're a dynasty veteran or new to the format, I highly recommend you check out this league and consider joining. In addition to an auction startup draft, there are a number of interesting tweaks to the league to try and equalize scoring across all positions. With auction, you can build a team with the players/positions you want, and not be stuck with a randomly generated draft position.

Come say hi in the league thread, and join us!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785728

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Should I trade picks 1.11 (11 overall), 2.02 (14 overall) and 4.02 (38 overall) to get pick 1.01 (1 overall), 3.01 (25 overall) and 5.01 (49 overall)?

How do you guys evaluate draft pick trades? I basically just use the FBG calculator and some very vague mental calculations, but I think I'm pretty bad at it.

Dynasty or Redraft? Rookie or Startup drafts?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I love AB, but I'd much rather ensure that I get two WR1s in the first two rounds with your 1.11 and 2.02 - you might get lucky and have someone slip to the early third, but I wouldn't count on it.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Final plug: 1-2 spots available for a mostly Goon dynasty startup league with Superflex, TE premium and some other cool rules drafting tomorrow night.

The startup draft will be an auction. Don't let the format scare you, none of us know what we are doing! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785728

Sorry for all of the plugs, just want more goons to come share in the fun!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

I think I would love to have you in my league.

I mean, they're not remotely far enough apart where one over the other is a league changing pick worth smugging out over.

Both are elite wideouts that benefited from a ton of game script/target volume opportunities in their favor last year. Both are predicted to regress this season due to more target competition and better defensive play reducing garbage time scenarios.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I just loving drafted him, heres hoping this report is the truth. Ugh.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I nearly got laughed out of the Rate My Team thread for starting Dalton and Carr in a 2QB league. Don't be like me. Keep Brees and maybe Taylor. If Brady hangs around into the mid rounds of the draft (he won't) I'd try to scoop him back up too.

The people that laughed at you were dumb, IMO. Dalton and Carr are both going to be fringe QB1s this year and the value you got at other positions should more than compensate for waiting on QBs.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RCarr posted:

I have a "Who do I drop" question. I never draft Defense, Kicker, or Defensive players, so I'm going to have to drop 4 guys from my bench in order to fill the DEF, K, Defensive Player, and Defensive Back positions before week 1. I'd like some advice as to who I should drop.

My team:
QB- Wilson
RB- Bell (K)
RB- Elliot
WR- Nelson (K)
WR- Watkins
WR- Tate
FLEX- Langford
TE- Ertz
B- John Brown
B- DeAngelo Williams
B- Marvin Jones
B- Matt Jones
B- Sterling Shepard
B- Emannuel Sanders
B- Bilal Powell
B- Devin Funchess
B- Willie Snead
B- Deandre Washington

My last 4 picks were Powell, Funchess, Snead, and Washington so I'm leaning towards dropping them.

*Note* Due to trades, my last pick out of an 18th round draft was round 12 - So I should probably look at packaging some or all of these 4 players for a pick or player in return right? I know they will probably get scooped off waivers immediately

Thoughts? Also if ya'll wanna rate my team go ahead even though this isn't the thread for that :)

Tate and Marvin Jones are going to be maddening to own and sit/start, especially early on.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

Drafting 101: there's no right or wrong round to take any position except kicker and DST, don't turn down value when guys fall further than they should because of some dumb rigid 0 RB or wait for QB strategy, duh. Class over.

This guy know's what's up.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Would you guys drop Tajae Sharpe for Michael Thomas? How about for Travis Benjamin?

Also, would you rather have old man Gates or old man Witten?

No to both for the first.

For the second, I'd take Gates for a high ceiling TE or Witten for a high floor TE.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mike Glennon?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Tortilla Maker posted:

Standard Scoring, 12-team league.

Had the #1 pick which I think is the worst you could want. Went a little heavy with the Wide Receivers but generally feel okay about my draft.

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Ryan Mathews
RB: Latavius Murray
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Alshon Jeffery
TE: Delanie Walker
FLEX: Larry Fitzgeral
K: Steven Hauschka
DEF: Rams

Bench:
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Rashad Jennings
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Rishard Matthews
WR: Laquon Treadwell

Solid starters, but your RB depth is troubling. Would much rather see you roster some upside RBs as opposed to Rishard Matthews and Treadwell.

Is Ware, McKinnon, T. Coleman or even Rob Kelley available on waivers? If Matt Jones doesnt start week 1 he may be a flip candidate as he should be the WAS starter.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OxySnake posted:

Is Charcandrick West worth picking up with dropping Agholor?

West is 3rd in the KC RB pecking order, so I wouldn't be in a rush to pick him up. That said, I wouldn't want Agholor anywhere near my roster.

Who else is available on waivers?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

He's not high right now in people's minds. To get the most value you would have to hope he has production in the early season.

What do you mean not high in people's minds? Cooks finished the season last year on a huge tear after a slow start, and is the #13 ranked WR by FantasyPros, and a top 30 pick by ADP. He's a huge dynasty darling as well - a consensus 2nd round startup pick.

Also, to the other guy, just ignore bye weeks. Don't get cute by trying to trade players for bye week reasons.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Anyone know a good website for buying league trophies? I'm looking to get my home dynasty league an official trophy, but am not sure where to start.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

Just my personal observation of where he stands (from a newsworthy POV) against other players in his tier, and I haven't really observed much Cooks discussion going on in my usual media outlets. He's kinda sleeping from a news perspective whereas other guys like Amari, Evans and Landry seem to be getting most of the WR2 airtime.

I like the guy and have him in both keeper, and redraft, I just don't think I will be able to get what I want for him until/unless he starts the season hot.

That's totally fair. I'd agree that he's one of the more 'unsexy' names of that tier, which impacts his trade value for sure.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

OxySnake posted:

Speaking of bad trade offers, I just got

My
Derek Carr
Lamar Miller

His
Aaron Rodgers
Carlos Hyde

Edit:
Also is there any news on who is gonna take the no. 1 tight end spot for the NYG?

Maybe I'm lower on Miller than most, but that doesn't seem too terrible to me. Especially if Hyde can thrive in Kelly's system.

Seems Donnell has the edge currently, but he and Tye may cannibalize each other.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

You are lower on Miller than most.

With the Texans o-line crumbling, and the average track record of most high profile free agent signings not living up to expectations, i'm totally fine with avoiding him at his way too high draft cost.

I mean, id take the Carr/Miller side of that deal too, but its not a totally preposterous offer imo.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

Run more to keep the D off the field.

The coaching staff in Miami were incredibly inept and for some reason they didn't like Miller who is Cool and Good and is going to be really drat good this year barring injury.

3 different coaching staffs in Miami didn't give him a full workload.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

And Forsett just got signed to a 2 year, $6 million extension. This whole situation is so bizarre.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/773547304011730944

I hate the Cowboys and all but jesus christ I really don't want to see someone die on field.

They rushed Dez and Romo back from injury last year and look how that worked out.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Vargo posted:

I also might be getting sucked up in.the Ware hype and kicking myself for leaving him undrafted in the last round when I had the chance.

Don't worry so much about Ware. Plug in one of your bench RBs until Charles is healthy, and keep churning out the bottom of your roster to find the 2016 version of 2015 West/Ware/Hightower, 2014 Forsett.

Let other leaguemates throw too much capital at a hyped name who will get some run early, but will ultimately be behind a probable Hall of Fame RB once he's healthy.

Week 1 is when everything comes crashing down in terms of projection and hype once we see what new coordinators/coaches/free agents do in terms of scheme, roles and production.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Fantasy Football 2016: BeWare the Hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

(Dynasty)Traded away Gronk, so I'm all in on the latest crop of big breakout TEs.

One of them has to break out... Right?

• Locked thread