Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Yahoo is loving awful as an interface, and also I believe has exactly the same scoring issue with defenses being penalized for pick sixes when they weren't on the field.

It's never struck me as being crazy to define the people trying to tackle the ball carrier as the defense.

That being said, you can get around it, even in ESPN. IDP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Fantasyfootballcalculator mocks have their current ADP in the mid 2nd, as RB8 and RB10 respectively. Though a lot of fantasy pundits have Zeke ranked #2-4, which seems stupid high for a rookie.

The one that seems crazy to me right now is DeMarco Murray @ TEN and CJ Anderson going significantly ahead of Dion Lewis, JStew, and Ryan Mathews, sometimes by multiple rounds.

That TEN backfield just feels like a mess. I don't know what CJA has done to warrant any degree of confidence.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Oh whoops dynasty. Ignore my rookie TE thing and make it "don't bail year one because rookie TEs are useless"

When can I drop CJ Fiedorowicz?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So just did a 12 team mock on Yahoo, which is the only one not blocked at work, and found myself in the 10th and 11th round staring a Crowell, Woodhead, and Yeldon. Now, obviously, some of this is due to the dumb way Yahoo autodrafts, but I have been seeing those fairly late in some other drafts too. All of those 3, to me, seem like potentially startable dudes, not just 4th or 5th bench RBs. Am I way off base here?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

We did a WWE 2k14 royal rumble to determine our draft order. We did it during our annual Super Bowl party, only about half the league watched while the others continued drinking and watching the half time show (why?!?!), but it was pretty dope.

I came out at the 10 spot (10 man league so final spot in the rumble), but was eliminated immediately so I ended up with the 6 or 7th pick double checked this, I ended up with the 4th pick.

I made them all 99s, and copied their moves from famous wrestlers on the roster (we have a friend who is 6'4 so I gave him Big Show, former champions got wrestlers like HHH, the Rock, Batista, etc. I had Dean Ambrose)

e: I'd love to make my league to a combine of sorts. A passing drill, 40 dash, maybe 1 or 2 other drills and then average the ranks of each person, sort by rank from there and call it good. Several of the lazier league mates will never go for it though.

Make it a fantasy combine. 40 oz chug time, time to pick the highest yardage player from an unsorted list of RBs, add/drop time, time to change the channel to Red Zone. Just start with the chugging.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
- Mock draft on the site you're drafting on. Especially if you're doing an auction.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

VietCampo posted:

Yea i really don't get that argument.

AB84 is an established top 3 WR for the last few years but he is somehow not capable of threepeating as WR1, but a 3rd year WR is extremely likely to continue on his outrageous pace? I'm not saying ODB isn't an elite talent, nor has anyone else here. But in this case for a #1 pick or top 3, most of us would rather bank on the consensus #1 WR who hasn't shown any reason to think he would regress.

Yeah. As much as you'd like to have the #1 WR, aren't you really drafting for best floor at this level? I'll take a guy whose proven he can get it done even with guys like Landry Jones throwing him the ball.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Thwomp posted:

Okay so tell me I'm not being irrational.

I'm in a bit of a goofy league. We're a custom MFL 12-team league that tries to mix things up to keep things fresh (8 years running so far). One of the things we've done the last few years is allow all teams, regardless of season record, into the playoffs. Division winners get a first week bye and the seeding is reordered after each week according to season record (ensuring the season's best team always plays the season's worst remaining team).

So this year, the commish is proposing giving higher seeded playoff teams a 6 point "home team" advantage. His reasoning goes something like "poorly performing teams wouldn't even be given a playoff chance except here so this is just to reward those teams that do well."

I'm pretty aghast at the boldness of granting an extra touchdown to "better" players. I'm of the opinion that there are already enough benefits built into the playoff bracket system itself (high seeds playing low seeds, the every week re-seeding). But am I over-reacting?

I have a league that does this. It's only 5 points rather than 6 though. It's never struck me as being too much of a big deal either way.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So I was trying to sort through keepers in one of my leagues. It's a 12 team superflex league, and there are likely going to be very few QBs to draft. Ben, Rivers and Cutler all go back into the pool this year, but Ben and Rivers will likely be taken by my pick. I need to choose six, and given the format have 7 very keepable dudes.

Russel Wilson (1)
Tyrod Taylor (2)
Jarvis Landry (4)
Allen Robinson (4)
Dez Bryant (2)
Lamar Miller (2)
Todd Gurley (5)

The numbers in parentheses are how long I can keep those players for, there's no other cost associated. No PPR, standard scoring otherwise. My instinct is to keep 2 QB, 2 WR, and 2 RB. I'm loathe to drop any of the receivers though. Given that I draft 12th of 12, if I send back Taylor, I'm probably replacing him with someone like Cutler and then someone like Osweiler or a rookie (if I can grab a 3rd QB), which might be OK this year, but could be tragic next year when I lose Wilson. I've an offer to move Landry or Dez for a 3rd round pick, I haven't been able to get anything better yet. How would y'all do this?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Regarding draft strategy, how do you drink during the draft? For my two longest draft (14 team auction and 12 team deep keeper) I tend to go for a bomber follow by cans. I tend to stick towards lighter beers since it's August. I feel this is a pretty typical draft strategy. And on the whole it's a good system, leaving me willing to make a few risky plays as the draft goes on while still being fairly coherent by the end. This year I'm starting with a 7.5 and dropping to a 5.2. How do you mix it up? I feel like a heavier beer might balls it up a bit. Does anyone do cocktails? Is it worth bringing a high alcohol beer and sharing around to try and get a leg up, sobriety wise?

On a related note, we have one member drafting pregnant, is that enough of a disability given that she even be buzzed by the end of a long rear end auction? Should some other penalty apply?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

That's an early reach. I grabbed him in the 9th and two buddies confirmed he would have been their choice had I not gotten him. His ADP in .5 ppr is 8.9.

Got him at 11.7 in a 10 team on Sunday. Had several autodrafters though.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I really wanted to share this with someone, so I picked y'all. First trade in my 14 team league and a guy swapped Rivers (his backup) for Romo, because Rivers is playing Denver when he needs him to fill in, whereas Romo (or Dak, who he also has) is playing the Eagles. Admittedly a bad trade. A long e-mail chain generated this response.

quote:

First off, come 3am I will have 3 QB1's all better than Rivers. Period. Secondly, am I getting trolled here? Do I need to drug test you guys? Don't look at this as a fan of Cowboys/Romo, look at this statistically. Rivers is going to have another Par season (95% probability) where as Romo (74.7% probability) is done with the Cowboys maybe even (34.86% chance) done with his active nfl playing career, even if he comes back in 8-10 weeks there is a (82.1% chance) he is a shell of his old self. To further my point, IF THEY EXPECTED ANYTHING OUT OF ROMO IF AND WHEN HE COMES BACK THEY WOULDN'T HAVE BROUGHT IN BUTT FUMBLE. Now addressing the point someone made about "they didn't put him on the IR and that he is still on the active roster", 1) Is it far fetched to think that they are doing that for the possibility another team offers a trade for him aiming for next year? (Not at all) 2) Romo's injury history arguably is the most of any QB in the past 5 or so years, giving none of us any reason to think this year is anything but bleak for him. Period. So to summarize Romo (crap stats, not even top 25 QB's if any stats) traded for Rivers (solid stats, 3,600 - 4,200+ yds 30+ tds 13 - 17 ints). The apitome of lopsided. #NumbersDontLie

I love football.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Mikey Purp posted:

Speaking of Sharpe, I'm holding him and Devante Parker but thinking about making a move because there seem to be some egregiously undervalued players left on the wire. Would you guys drop Lord Sharpe or Parker for one of these dudes:

Markus Wheaton
Mike Wallace
Kenny Stills
Pierre Garcon
Deandre Washington
Alfred Morris
Tevin Coleman

I'm thinking about holding Parker to see what he does once he actually gets on the field, but dropping Sharpe for Wheaton or Wallace. I've got a hunch that both of those dudes will be solid this year. That being said, I'm relatively strong at WR (Julio, K. Allen, Edelman are my other three) and I feel kind of weak at RB (Gurley, Ware, Gore, Abdullah) so maybe a lottery ticket like Washington is the right play?

Yes
No
Yes
Maybe
Maybe
No
Maybe

Maybe I'm low on Wallace, but I don't really expect much there. Garcon only if you need some sort of regular but unspectacular WR production. Stills seems to me to have the role locked down in Miami at the moment. Washington and Coleman both strike me as handcuffs that'll probably have some more regular playtime. Barring injury I'm not sure either will be a regular producer, but both I could see having value. Morris seems like a TD vulture at best unless Zeke gets hurt.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Like people have been actively waiting for Peterson to fall of the cliff and his red flags are essentially the same as Charles' for all intents and purposes.

Peterson has literally 1000 more rushing attempts than Charles. He's been used as the bellcow in Minnesota since he came out of OU. Without missing significant time, his lowest season (15 games) he had 2 less carries than Charles most prolific season. There's no way Charles and Peterson have the same amount of wear. You can't have lived through the Thomas Jones year and expect us to believe that.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It's Jared Cook time!

(Please?)

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
How concerned should Dez havers be?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm going to go ahead and assume Dwayne Washington is worth a speculative add in deeper leagues. Mostly because I did that this morning in 2.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Months of careful planning, reading depth charts, and mock drafting, yet after 2 weeks, I have more shares of Dwayne Washington than any other player.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

If he starts, you play him. Billy doesn't put his marquis players out there just to get hurt.

Gronk's never broken his arm for an extra point.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Sounds about right for silly season.

He better not. I have a Dwayne Washington heavy portfolio.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

ADP on Fantasy pros:

Latavius Murray: 38th overall (RB 16)
Tom Brady: 63rd overall (QB 8)

Even if you discount Murray for some reason and also bump up Brady on the basis that his suspension weeks are just about gone, it's still probably not an even trade, nevermind whatever value Decker might have.

While I wouldn't make the same trade, ADP is pretty much irrelevant. Murray is in a much more muddled situation than was expected at draft time, and Brady's ADP takes into account the suspension which is almost over. Redrafting today, Brady would be higher and Murray would be lower than they were a month ago.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
What's a Cameron Meredith and do I want one?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

BigFactory posted:

Not enough of a sample size of these specific players performing together, or NE/McDaniels having 2 productive tight ends? I don't think it's crazy to think they both wind up top 10 TEs if healthy.

I expect Bennett will finish the season well, his TDs to date are good enough to pretty much ensure a top half finish, but I bet you're playing whack-a-mole the whole year hoping to avoid the 2 point games and hit on the 20.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

BigFactory posted:

Isn't that the exact same as Olsen/Kelce/Graham/Barndige

I think with Bennett you're looking at a player with virtually no floor. Olsen may have a bum week from time to time, but it's rarely a 0.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

I can't be the only one having a rather bad year, can I?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm 2-4 in my other league.

Sitting at 3-3 in my best league, and it just counts down from there across 3 others.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Extremely pleased with Montgomery in .5ppr

My Meredith is facing off against his Jordy and Miller, so as much as it sucks, I'm coming out ahead.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
If they go whole hog and just use a short passing game instead of a running game, that'd be a plus for Rodgers, I think. And keep Montgomery and Cobb relevant in PPR.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm completely guessing here but I assume Davis will be the redzone/goal line guy. Maybe?

They were sort of clearly missing the goal line guy last night.

The tricky bit of the whole thing is that they didn't really go to either Jackson or Davis much, and that whole role may be different next week after each has had some practice time.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Anyone else rolling with Bosa going forward in IDP?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sweeper posted:

Better than the other 5 qbs on the WW, at least he hasn't been know garbage this season

And it's not like anyone has been good on the Rams since Marc Bulger. Foles had at least a good season under his belt back in Philly.

Granted, I wouldn't start him.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

icehewk posted:

Thanks. I'd pick up CJ Fiedo~~~~ if he's available. Henry seems too banged up and overshadowed to be any good unless Gates goes down again.

Yeah, I'd been rolling with Pitta in .5 PPR, but I think I'm ditching him for Polish Hat too.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
This but CMike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NSQ3mgstY4

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Lost Zach Miller this week. Is Henry or Polish Hat the better replacement?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm apparently rolling out the Raiders again this week. God help me.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I narrowly (.6) scraped out a win this week with Cooper and Williams at WR. I have Matthews on the bench, but that's about it. Thomas, Britt and Jeffrey are all on the wire (somehow). What's the best bet here?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm curious. I haven't been beaten enough in fantasy this year.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

El Caganer posted:

Yeah.. I haven't gotten mine either.. I sent it to Ben for confirmation

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 894
Roll subtotal: 894
Roll total: 894

I'll confirm I received this.

Does it make sense to break this off into a different thread at this point?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Just thinking about next season, what do you do with Allen Robinson? I mean, the stats are sort of freakish to me. He had virtually the same number of targets (2 less this year), 7 less catches, and over 700 less yards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Mike Gillislee took 101 carries and finished the season:
- #1 in YPC (with 5.7, Bilal was 2nd with 5.5),
- #1 in DVOA (45%, McCoy was 2nd with 28.1%),
- #1 in success rate (66%, Zeke was 2nd with 57%),
- #1 in first down rate (38.6%, Bilal was 2nd with 34.4%),
- #1 in touchdown rate (7.9%, Tevin Coleman was 2nd with 6.8%),
- #1 in ANY/RA (7.3, McCoy was 2nd with 6.53)

(among players with 100+ carries)

Football Outsiders sounds impressed:

Call me crazy, but I'm glad I swiped him out from under you in that Dynasty league.

• Locked thread