Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Fantasy football calculator is my favorite mock draft site for a few years now:
- quick to put absent people on auto draft
- shuffles up the rankings slightly each draft so you don't see the same guys going in the same spots
- knowledgeable base leads to some insightful conversations
- shows everyone's team at once so you can see how various strategies are working out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

So just did a 12 team mock on Yahoo, which is the only one not blocked at work, and found myself in the 10th and 11th round staring a Crowell, Woodhead, and Yeldon. Now, obviously, some of this is due to the dumb way Yahoo autodrafts, but I have been seeing those fairly late in some other drafts too. All of those 3, to me, seem like potentially startable dudes, not just 4th or 5th bench RBs. Am I way off base here?

Woodhead finished as the 10th best running back last year...

... in STANDARD SCORING

I'd be shocked to see him drop past the 6th
Yeldon, too, should be getting grabbed in the top 75, agreed

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What podcasts do people like? My preference is for the Fantasy Footballers and CBS.

I keep trying to like espn fantasy focus, but it's annoying fast forwarding through 15 minutes of schtick each podcast. Plus there are like maybe 2 people who know what they're doing. For instance, they just did an "Experts" mock draft: Someone picked a kicker in round 12, someone picked Cam and Kelvin and Eli and OBJ and then said they were all for "stacking" a WR-QB combo (which, if it happens naturally, is forgivable but aiming for it has been a ridiculous notion since the history of ever).. someone picked jordan reed in like the middle of round 2... it was painful to listen to

I like CBS because like 5 years ago they were really accurate and they won me a bunch of leagues. But they really don't get too in-depth, there's only 1-2 insights I glean from each podcast.

I've been just sticking with the NFL's Around-the-NFL podcast. IT's not fantasy football, but they know their stuff really well, obviously. Also, for being NFL employees, they rreally are allowed to say some poo poo (the host made a 9/11 joke the other day)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Early question for the upcoming year. Who to keep out of Jamaal Charles, Eddie Lacy, Thomas Rawls and CJ Anderson? No penalties or rounds to worry about, just keep 2.

I've been thinking Charles/Rawls but keep hearing that Lacy looks really good. I got burned by him last year...am I missing something?

For how long can you keep a player. If it's years and years, I'd go Rawls Lacy, Charles only has a season or two left in him, and if lacy turns it around you can get a lot of good seasons from him. Same for rawls

If it's just one season then you are forced to give them up, go Charles and lacy. Rawls seems to have a ton of ???s surrounding his injuries and the teams faith and o-line

Regarding what you're missing: lacy was called upon to do a lot of stuff out of his wheelhouse to compensate for the jordy injury. And he's slimmed down

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Super fun kicker chat.

I'm starting to think that drafting Gostkowski a few rounds before the end of the draft isn't the dumbest idea in the world.

How many more points did he average per game than the 12th highest-scoring kicker? In 2014 it was a slim 2.2

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2.2 PPG is the difference between the WR24 and the WR12. It's not slim.

It's funny, I see this as evidence for my point. Here is a list of the 13th-24th (I assume you meant WR13) WRs in espn standard scoring for 2015:
Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
Allen Hurns, Jax WR
Jarvis Landry, Mia WR
Sammy Watkins, Buf WR
Jeremy Maclin, KC WR
Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR
Michael Crabtree, Oak WR
Jordan Matthews, Phi WR
T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR
Tavon Austin, LA WR
John Brown, Ari WR
Ted Ginn Jr., Car WR

Demayrius thomas the exception, for reasons that don't really factor in to this comparison, I wouldn't reach for any of these guys. Allen hurns had over 2 more points per game than Ted Ginn, but I'm not going to reach for him a round or two earlier just to get that sick 2 point advantage. I'm going to fill out my team and let one of these fall to me for value.

Now, factor in the fact that kicker has always been the most varied position in terms of fantasy scoring, and it makes me want to reach for Gostkowski even less. Sure, he came in first two seasons in a row, but the rest of the kicker position is just a jumble.

I can see how someone might value this "edge" enough to take them in the 12th, but I'd rather take a lottery kicker, a handcuff, or a second QB in round 12 than a kicker who might just end up on my bench the first four games if the offense implodes without a qb.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Also, in PPR, the difference between WR13 and WR24 comes out to exactly 4 points per game for 2015 OBviously, Gostkoswki's differential remains the same.
Still, I am enjoying this debate for standard leagues

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

We did a WWE 2k14 royal rumble to determine our draft order. We did it during our annual Super Bowl party, only about half the league watched while the others continued drinking and watching the half time show (why?!?!), but it was pretty dope.

I came out at the 10 spot (10 man league so final spot in the rumble), but was eliminated immediately so I ended up with the 6 or 7th pick double checked this, I ended up with the 4th pick.

I made them all 99s, and copied their moves from famous wrestlers on the roster (we have a friend who is 6'4 so I gave him Big Show, former champions got wrestlers like HHH, the Rock, Batista, etc. I had Dean Ambrose)

e: I'd love to make my league to a combine of sorts. A passing drill, 40 dash, maybe 1 or 2 other drills and then average the ranks of each person, sort by rank from there and call it good. Several of the lazier league mates will never go for it though.

Haha we did this exact same thing. 2k14 and everything. I made wrestlers who looked like each member of the league. Super drunken fun.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In the end Fantasy Football is just dumb entertainment. How people choose to enjoy that entertainment is up to them. For some that entertainment is better experienced by avoiding certain players. For others it's purely a competitive numbers game.

I got one:

Ray Rice year, I created and ran a charity drive where people would pledge money every time the Ravens scored a TD without Ray Rice on the field. This was before they kicked him off the team, so I ended up raising a few thou for a Baltimore women's shelter. During that pre-season, I traded for Ray Rice, and a person in that league called my move "unconscionable" because I had spearheaded the drive.

According to him, because I raised money for charity, I was being unethical.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Finished my champions' poo poo talk video for the league of my drinking/gaming clan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg7qw1PtR18

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Aguamoose posted:

Part of me agrees, part of me thinks it's going to be kinda interesting. It's only a free casual league so I'm not going to kick up a fuss about the commish inviting some more friends in.

The commissioner hasn't put a limit on how many QBs can be rostered which could get interesting. Historically as a 14 team league everyone tends to draft at least 2 qbs making streaming QB impossible. With 18 teams going late round qb could backfire.

Anyone got any experience with or tips for larger leagues? I know I am going to be drafting 13th.

Yeah, your commish really needs to change one of those slots to a super flex. Otherwise, my advice would be to draft 4-5 starting qbs and trade them to desperate owners

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

So, I'm in a 12 man 0.3 PPR (yeah) league. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 K, 1 DEF. I'm picking 11th out of 12 and it's THIS Sunday. I bought a subscription to Rotoviz and I'm really liking it so far. The place does preach a zero RB strategy and I've been getting behind that a lot in my other leagues (I pick 3rd and 4th in those). BUT], I've been messing around with their Draft Optimizer app and have had some interesting results.

It's actually recommending the opposite approach being at the end of the 1st round. Instead recommending going RB-RB-RB-RB or WR-RB-RB-RB. Once I got it to show RB-RB-WR-RB. And then picking a QB in the 5th. Usually, with the 11th pick, it recommends the likely combos of:

Option A
1st - Lamar Miller
2nd - Jamaal Charles
3rd - CJ Anderson
4th - Matt Forte
5th - Russell Wilson

Option B
1st - Jordy Nelson
2nd - Jamaal Charles
3rd - CJ Anderson/Dion Lewis
4th - Matt Forte
5th - Russell Wilson

Option C
1st - Lamar Miller
2nd - Jamaal Charles
3rd - Jeremy Maclin
4th - Matt Forte

The first option seems insane, because you can only start 3 RBs. So it's just hedging your RB bet. But...I dunno..

I've been planning on going WR heavy in most of my leagues in the first 3-4 rounds. But, with the very popular strategy of going zero RB that's gone mainstream this year (after the RBpocalypse of 2015 and the fact that top round RBs getting serious injuries is 30% higher than top round WRs)....it's setting up somebody in a lot of leagues to reap the benefits of everybody passing on RBs and reaching on some WRs.

Perhaps this is actually a viable strategy for those with super late draft picks?

WRs to target with this possible strategy:
Jarvis Landry (possible)
Jeremy Maclin
Donte Moncrief
Emmanuel Sanders
John Brown
Devante Parker
Tyler Lockett
Allen Hurns
Torrey Smith
Stefon Diggs
Devin Funchess
Rishard Matthews

I would never, ever, EVER commit to a position-based strategy before a draft. Just keep it loose, take the best player available, see who falls to you, and after 2-3 rounds see what positions you need and adjust accordingly.

Rb zero should never be a goal entering a draft, it should just fall in your lap because other positions had value too great to pass up.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 11, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

So I'm doing my first auction draft this year and have started to do a little prep to get a feel for it. Just did my first mock - 12 teams, PPR, $200 budget. Anything here look particularly egregious or savvy? I ended up with $6 left over, which I didn't like, and my RB2 situation is kinda ugly. How'd I do overall?

QB Derek Carr - $1
RB Lamar Miller - $55
RB Matt Jones - $7
WR A.J. Green - $56
WR Keenan Allen - $28
TE Coby Fleener - $3
FLEX Randall Cobb - $13
Broncos D/ST - $1
K Stephen Gostkowski - $2

Bench

Donte Moncrief - $8
Danny Woodhead - $6
Frank Gore - $5
Marvin Jones - $2
Giovani Bernard - $3
Chris Ivory - $2
Vincent Jackson - $2

Paid $2 for Gostkowski because I knew I'd have money leftover and wanted to steal him from the guy that nominated him. Have to do a little more prep in terms of ADPs this year as well.

Getting woodhead for 3% of your budget in a ppr is steal-of-the-century, at least for all of my leagues
I actually love how you played rb2. Matt Jones could end up great, and if not youve got gore and woodhead to get you some dependable, if boring, produftion.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 11, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
First world problem:
I really want to mock draft, because its fun, but theres no real point as all 4 of my leagues are auction

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anybody found a good mock auction site for larger leagues(14+)?
Yahoo does, but they don't offer flex like literally every league I'm in this year

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anderson
Rawls
Murray
Hyde
<huge gap>
Forte

It's situations like this where I love that I only play FF auctions. Give me 2-3 of these guys and see who hits

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yes!
My editor has finally allowed me to put a link at the beginning of my clunky gallery articles to a single-page layout of the piece.

It makes me want to actually spend effort on these articles, like this one:
12 Stats that Will Totally Change Your Fantasy Football Auction Strategy
http://sportsfascination.com/2016/08/23/12-stats-will-change-fantasy-football-auction-strategy/

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

Regarding draft strategy, how do you drink during the draft? For my two longest draft (14 team auction and 12 team deep keeper) I tend to go for a bomber follow by cans. I tend to stick towards lighter beers since it's August. I feel this is a pretty typical draft strategy. And on the whole it's a good system, leaving me willing to make a few risky plays as the draft goes on while still being fairly coherent by the end. This year I'm starting with a 7.5 and dropping to a 5.2. How do you mix it up? I feel like a heavier beer might balls it up a bit. Does anyone do cocktails? Is it worth bringing a high alcohol beer and sharing around to try and get a leg up, sobriety wise?

On a related note, we have one member drafting pregnant, is that enough of a disability given that she even be buzzed by the end of a long rear end auction? Should some other penalty apply?

I have no snake drafts this year, but in previous years I get so dialed in with my drafting practice that I could get as blitzed as I wanna and not have my team look any different.

In our irl auction I sip session IPA. But we also have a tequila shot penalty for procedural errors (nominating an already taken player, bidding with money you don't have, etc). Also it's a tequila shot penalty for making a bid that the group overwhelmingly agrees was an overpay... which leads to a humorous situation where one of us will nominate a kicker early, then wait with bated breath until someone with itchy trigger finger bids two and we all yell at him to take a shot.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 27, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Honestly, drafting at spot #4 in a 0.5 PPR league, if all of the top 3 WRs are gone, I'm straight up considering the idea of "reaching" and drafting Jamaal Charles ahead of Gurley, DJ, AJ Green, DeAndre, and AP.

ACL's aren't poo poo these days.

Heh, the subtitle of a league I run is "torn ACLs ain't nuthin but a thing"
That said, you're crazy to take Charles over Gurley, DJ, or a wr

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

After being a victim of 1st round picks: CJ Anderson, CJ Spiller, and Eddie Lacy....I just need a larger sample than one successful year for a RB. Gurley and DJ scream high 2nd round picks behind Jamaal, Lamar, AP, and LeVeon. Not 1st.

And "DJ" sounds an awful lot like "CJ" to me. [/superstitions]

Yeah. I'll, all first round rbs are too risky/a reach. Take AJ green and laugh as he gets 15 targets a game

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The X-man cometh posted:

I've got my draft tomorrow, and I'm getting the guy drafting ahead of me (I'm 5th overall) drunk and trying to talk him into Ezekiel Elliott. Other than the amazing O-line, anything I can use to convince him?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000690408/Every-run-from-Ezekiel-Elliott-s-preseason-debut

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Elliot was the first pick in both of the drafts I've had so far.

whaaaa?

That said, he looked solid against a top 3 defense. Got under Cam Chancellor's skin

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I just did my first ever auction draft and it was fun as hell and I don't ever want to do a standard draft again

Yeeeeee. Online or irl?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ty1990 posted:

Mike Evans fuckers. Last year he was a solid wideout 2 despite a terrible case of drops, a flukey low touchdown total, and a young retarded Jameis Winston the first half of the year.

His targets will stay the same, his drops will probably go down, his touchdown total will probably go up, and Jameis will be better (as he was in the second half of the year).

Anybody else think he might be this years Nuk?

Shhhhhhhh.

But seriously, Winston really seems to be relying on him heavily. I have him pretty even with Hopkins as my wr5

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

I have three fantasy drafts coming up. I've spent zero time preparing this year. What's the best thing I can buy to just pick the best players for me?

Beer sheets, man. That's what they're for and the money goes to charity

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Rate my team, it's a 12 team league, PPR. I drafted Romo as backup QB to Luck before the whole broken back fiasco. Thinking of picking up Dak... still unclaimed in my league and I've got a pretty high waiver standing.

P.S. It's my second time ever playing Fantasy Football so any advice or tips would be fantastic. Yahoo Report Card currently has me projected to win the league, which doesn't mean anything, but would like to make that true!

Your starters are crazy good. Nice job! You're going to want more than 1 backup RB... like 3-4. Ditch cincy D, Romo, and whomever you like the least between Dorsett, Benjamin, and Gates. With such solid WRs, you won't need much WR bench depth at all.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 27, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DTaeKim posted:

I offered that first, but he nixed that immediately. He basically wants Alshon and another WR for AP.

"Another WR" as in "Julio or Allen, who are really good WRs and also better than Alshon?" If so, your best bet is to get him to pony up some more on his end of the Alshon-Martin deal, instead of trying for AP. Him nixing it rather than counter-offering is a clear sign you'd be wasting your time trying to put together a package deal for All-Day

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Prophecy120 posted:

Anyone else super excited about Mike Evans this year? I'm drafting 12th of 12 and am taking [Best Available WR] + Mike Evans at the turn. In early season mocks I was getting him in the 3rd but hes been steadily climbing into the 2nd and sometimes the 1st. I think him and Winston really have clicked and his preseason thus far has only proved that.

I'd be picking him over WRs such as Allen, Jeffery, Nelson or Cooks but I'm ok with that.

Yes, I have him WR #5 ahead of hopkins, just behind green. Winston will grow as a qb, but still lean hard on Evans.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

So only one day after this draft, i've already been approached by someone wanting to trade. He's named Jamaal Charles as available but is waiting for me to shoot him an offer if i'd like.

Full PPR we start 2WR/2RB/TE/WT

WR - Julio Jones/Alshon Jeffrey/Keenan Allen/Larry Fitzgerald/Michael Crabtree/Rishard Matthews
RB - Thomas Rawls/Jonathan Stewart/Danny Woodhead/Ryan Mathews/Duke Johnson

So basically i can only start 3 WR's and i'm loaded there, which i think is why he's targeting me? My RB's are not this years top 5 or anything, but in a full PPR league, i think i'm pretty set. Though getting someone like Charles is definitely enough to get interest from me, should i stand pat with who i have or throw an offer?

His other RB's are Gurley, Lacy, and Blount. WR's are Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Allen Hurns, and Sanu.

I don't like Jeffrey and I really like Charles. I want my injury risk to be at RB, not WR. Since they're pretty evenly ranked, I, personally, would float out Jeffrey for Charles straight up.,

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

I nearly got laughed out of the Rate My Team thread for starting [two top 18 QBs]

Yah this makes no sense, unless it's like an 8 team league. In ten+ team leagues SOMEBODY has to start the 20th+ rated QB, so these are perfectly fine. Maybe they didn't realize it was a 2 qb league?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 29, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Hand Row posted:

Picking 5th .5 PPR and .1 PPC 12 team league. I was locked on Hopkins but then I started to waver after knowing my position for weeks. I am now thinking David Johnson or AJ Green, assuming the big 3 and Gurley are off the board. I am leaning towards DJ because I think the league will favor favor RBs, especially in the second. So I think I could still end up with an Evans or Allen in the second and not have to deal with picking up RB scraps with a full on WR draft.

I also feel like I always nail WR sleepers while always dealing with RB poo poo platters. Also the .1 PPC is so weird that I am thinking RB.

Not a fan of Hopkins that high. Your reasoning for DJ sounds fair

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I encourage waiting on QB, but leaving it to after-thought is dangerous and a little silly. There's no reason not to start thinking about a QB around round 8, but I would never wait until 12-14 for a starter that's crazy. I've been getting Carr and Tannehill at 10/11/12 and I'm really happy with that and there's no way in hell I'd be comfortable entering a season with the worse QBs I'd get at the bottom of the barrel.

Also, remember that people are stupid and will draft a backup to Rodgers/Newton/Wilson/etc. before the last 3 rounds, so if you think you're all smarter than the room and hey I'm gonna wait :riker: you're probably going to overthink and gently caress yourself

This. Have a list and if a steal falls, get them whenever. If nothing falls, be sure to catch a guy on your list once it starts thinning out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Welcome to the unbelievably exciting world of fantasy. For me, it helps to have printed rankings for each position from a site like ESPN, cbssportsline, or NFL.com (make sure you find out if your league is ppr or not and get the corresponding lists.) Remember that rbs get injured, so you'll want to get 1-2 rb bench slots filled before you get a kicker, defense, tight end, and qb(provided your league only has one starting qb slot.)

As was said before; if you give us your league scoring settings and positions we can really tailor a super simple plan for you.

The rest is pretty optional, and the rabbit hole is infinitely deep.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 1, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
For those of you looking for unique auction advice, I recommend this article (and not just because I'm sleeping with the author's wife):
10 Universally Recommended Pieces of Auction Advice (That Are TOTALLY WRONG)
http://sportsfascination.com/2016/09/02/10-universally-recommended-pieces-auction-advice-totatlly-wrong/

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Samu posted:

If you think about it just in terms of points, Maclin and Lacy combined are guaranteed to outscore Hopkins. I think Eddie Lacy will rush for 1000-1200 this year and Maclin will likely repeat his numbers from last year. Essentially I'm trading guaranteed points from having an elite receiver for value and depth.

So far, your logic is "I remember having this one guy last year and he did good" and "two players score more points than one player." Neither of these rationales is good, and certainly not solid enough to justify giving up a top tier player. Sure two players score more points than one player, but they cost twice as many slots so this never ever matters.

However, your RBs are super doodoo (you're handcuffing an RB3?) and if Aiken or Diggs hits you can afford to be a little lighter on WR. Basically, if you can only start 2 WRs I say "do it" but if you can start/flex a third WR, I say no.

Also, I refuse to believe a 12 team waiver wire is such a dumpster fire than you can't improve on players like Ginn, West, and a backup to a top 5 TE. Those players shouldn't be rostered in any 12 team league.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 4, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Samu posted:

Just chiming in to insult?

Your attitude is kind of a dumpster fire. He gave you advice, and sports discussions merit friendly trash-talking,.

Is it weird that I'm unusually aroused by Rashad Jennings? He's a crappy back, but he had a great four games at the end of last season and EVERY SIGN points to him getting the lion's share of the carries. I've been getting him in auctions for ~$10 and I think he's going to be a serviceable RB.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 5, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We have a slot open in a free 10 team auction league. Pretty normal settings: 0.5 ppr, 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 flex, etc.

A couple of requirements:
1. You gotta be able to auction tomorrow at 3 PM pst
2. You gotta be able to google hangouts and be pleasant and social and crack a few jokes. Honestly, presence in the hangouts during the auction is the most important part, second is networking, third is fantasy football (although we're all 10+ year veterans and decent at the hobby)

The league is about 2/3 professional voice over actors/comedians/comedy writers, so if you work well with that milieu hit me up. and mention how you relate to these professions. We'd also take a spunky sportswriter, or even a super-friendly person who wants to know more about these industries and ISNT FREAKING DICKISH, drat... pm me if interested.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LmaoTheKid posted:

I took Zeke today in a panic move at 7th OA. We had 4 1st rounders off the board due to keepers and AJ green went 2 picks before me followed by Miller.

Ffffuuuuucccckkkkk

Yo, man, you cool. Check this out and feel better about your totally alright pick
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000690408/Every-run-from-Ezekiel-Elliott-s-preseason-debut

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Do you know how loving hard it is to conduct an auction draft with your friends when you literally publish lists of players you like :negative:

Yup. I publish my auction values, too.
Still managed to make the playoffs, last year.
I've come to enjoy the challenge: Can I piece together a team knowing that I won't get a bargain on anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Sure why not.

And Gillislee is my #1 pickup because I accidentally nominated Sean Smith after filling my DB slots so I have a free roster spot, basically.

Where do you publish? Curious.

Also one guy kept telling me he read my stuff and there was a WR left he wanted when were at the endgame. I kept getting nervous to throw out Tajae because he was big stack and I didn't want to be sniped. His player was SSS. Bullet: dodged.

Sportsfascination.com .
I'm not a good analyst, really, but they keep me around because I auction exclusively, and the dearth of quality/up-to-date auction advice on the Internet means I have a devoted audience for a twice weekly column. Also I have 10 weekly columns on 9 differently themed sites, so the crossover promotion has a high floor.

We, and the other writers in this thread, should talk shop sometime. I like all your styles

Yeah, Tajae went for freaking $11/$200 in my friends and family league today. The secret is out

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 6, 2016

• Locked thread