Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Hixalot posted:

So, I ended up with Tannehill as my starting QB and backing him up with RG3, not the greatest situation in the world but serviceable IMO.

My question is, would I be crazy to consider going with RG3 week 1 against Philly and sitting Tannehill on the road in Seattle? Or am I already overthinking this?

You're already almost at streaming quality QB with Tanneyhull so no, streaming QBs is not the most terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Boosh! posted:

How early are you fellas reaching for Josh Gordon? My gameplan right now is to try and nab him in the 6th (12 man snake, picking 8th).

That's an early reach. I grabbed him in the 9th and two buddies confirmed he would have been their choice had I not gotten him. His ADP in .5 ppr is 8.9.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Would anyone drop either of these two receivers to pick up Spencer Ware in Half PPR? I am very RB-needy but not sure if that is worth it. I could drop Kamar Aiken or Sterling Shepard.

I can't imagine you are RB-needy at this early stage. You are probably just weak at that position, and usually most teams will have some weakness to them.

You can get the most out of Ware by swinging Ware to Charles' owner for a bench RB guy like Jennings, Crowell, Woodhead. That way you get someone who will be serviceable the rest of the season. Predicting Ware's production very early into in the season will not be easy and the longer into the season we go, the more Charles will assume lead back duties.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Boosh! posted:

I have a feeling there will be others waiting to pounce on him a round or two before his ADP. Who did you get in the 6th? 7th? Low upside guys like Desean and Crabtree are the usual suspects available when I'm doing my mocks.

Larry Fitz, Big Ben

Round 6
JHill, Doug Baldwin, Edelman, Larry Fitz, Golden Tate, Ryan Mathews, Kelvin, Delanie Walker, Fleener, Woodhead

Round 7
Duke, Gio, Langford, Melvin Gordon, Gore, Jennings, Big Ben, Michael Floyd, Jordan Matthews, Tom Brady

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

I always look forward to your posts/musings. I may understand only a quarter of them, but enjoy them I do.

What popped out at you? For me it was Brandin Cooks consistently getting drafted in the 2nd. Keenan going even higher, closer to the 1/2 turn.

Also I made sure my wife drafted Rawls at pick 2.5 based on one of your earlier analyses.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 1, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Papes posted:

Rawls at 2.5? That's quite a reach you talked your wife into. Hopefully she's not one to hold grudges :)

You're right. It was actually pick 4.6.

She went Gurley, Dez, Alshon before that.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

I'm getting close to having to cut a player for a kicker so im trying to make a trade to clear roster space. One offer discussed was my Pierre Garcon and Chris Johnson for his Ameer Abdullah. My top 3 wideouts are Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, and Mike Evans in the flex. Rishard Matthews and Smith SR are next up.

I do this right?

Fantasysp.com's trade analyzer believes he would get the better value 15-to-8.61. CJ's value alone is greater than Abdullah's.

That said, my first reaction was "take the deal."
In fantasypros .5 ppr rankings Abdullah is #80 overall where CJ comes in #181.

I'd take it.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Wow Jamaal Charles's note got updated to say he might miss week 1 now. Ware might be climbing boards now.

Suave Fedora posted:

This news about Jamaal Charles coming on slowly has coaxed me to drop Derek Carr (1 QB league) for Spencer Ware.

:colbert:

e: I'm a Charles owner.

On a serious note, you should already have borderline-flex worthy guys on your bench (e.g. Abdullah, Woodhead, Blount, Crowell) that should be involved and providing fantasy relevance all year long, instead of lottery tickets like McKinnon, Derrick Henry or Ware.

Charles doesn't have a setback, he's just coming on slower. Yeah he will be eased in, but to what percentage of totes we won't know until Week 1. I'd say that Ware will get production in Week 1 but that value will slide the further into the season you go. Don't go nuts dropping key players for him.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 1, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I'm still catching up. Did they do this for week 1 already? Lots of people give streaming picks in-season, it just seems that week 1 is often overlooked. Granted, it's harder to predict, but in general I think early season strength of schedule could be taken into account more when drafting. If I had the time to really pore over my own rankings, I'd bump up someone at any position who may be a likely sell high candidate in say week 4.

I like the Carr suggestion. Stafford too.

Defense picks are a little easier since as a relatively casual fantasy player I have a better sense of opposing offenses than I do of opposing defenses. Targetting CLE and SF makes the most sense, and they play PHI and LA first, respectively. So I'm putting them on my watch list.

I drafted the Rams. They rank like 5th or 6th on Beersheets in addition to playing SF.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dat one portagee posted:

Which pair would you rather have: A.Jeffery+M.Ingram or B.Marshall+L.Miller

The latter, not even close.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

terre packet posted:

I know the very basics about football and practically nothing about fantasy. I'm joining a local league with a friend and they're doing their draft tomorrow at a local sports bar. I read the OP and it's a little overwhelming: is there anything I absolutely need to know before I show up tomorrow and start drafting?

Hello darkness my old friend

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

Which RB do you guys like at pick 5.05 in a 12-team 3 player keeper league with 0.5 PPR: Yeldon, Jennings, Sims or Riddick? My keepers are ODB, Demaryius and Lamar Miller and in the first round I can reliably pick Maclin for WR3. My next pick is 6.10.

Beersheets likes Jennings, FBG like's Yeldon but I love the upside of Sims in 0.5 PPR, I'm torn.

Jennings
Yeldon

Sims
Riddick

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Jennings has the opportunity so I see why you rank him first but why Yeldon when he will at least split carries with Chris Ivory? He isn't a clearly better pass catcher than Ivory either.

Yeldon is more experienced with the playbook and can play through most nicks and bruises. He's going to get pulled often for goal-line but I think that the Jags will utilize him in the red-zone.

With the improved JAX defense the pendulum should return towards the middle as far as offense is concerned. Since everyone is predicting that Allen Robinson and Co. are going to regress (in a light sense of the word), well that has to indicate there is an uptick in rushing, right? Yeldon averaged 15 carries a game last season, not too shabby.

Nobody can predict the JAX split at this point but they have a trusted veteran who knows the playbook.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Just want to point out that Sims scored more than Jennings in 0.5PPR last year. And Sims had a much more consistent season, whereas Jennings really got a boost from his last 4-5 games.

The observation here is that the Giants finally got their ground-game poo poo together.

RVProfootballer posted:

All the talk has been Jennings will be the workhorse this year, as he was the last few games, with no more giving Andre loving Williams carries. So not sure whether we should look at those games as outliers or as closer to what we can hope for if he stays healthy. But I do like Sims too!

My thinking is the latter; that NYG would want to continue doing whatever it was that improved the ground game so dramatically towards the end of the season.

Sims will never carry the mail in TB. We may know and appreciate his value year to year but we also can see his ceiling in the form of a stocky rodent.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chernabog posted:

What kind of similar WR could I get for B. Cooks? (0ppr)
I have too many byes on week 5.

He's not high right now in people's minds. To get the most value you would have to hope he has production in the early season.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

What do you mean not high in people's minds? Cooks finished the season last year on a huge tear after a slow start, and is the #13 ranked WR by FantasyPros, and a top 30 pick by ADP. He's a huge dynasty darling as well - a consensus 2nd round startup pick.

Also, to the other guy, just ignore bye weeks. Don't get cute by trying to trade players for bye week reasons.

Just my personal observation of where he stands (from a newsworthy POV) against other players in his tier, and I haven't really observed much Cooks discussion going on in my usual media outlets. He's kinda sleeping from a news perspective whereas other guys like Amari, Evans and Landry seem to be getting most of the WR2 airtime.

I like the guy and have him in both keeper, and redraft, I just don't think I will be able to get what I want for him until/unless he starts the season hot.

To answer the guy's question, these are above Cooks: Jeffery, Jordy, Keenan, Evans, DT, and these are below Cooks: TY, Amari, Watkins, Landry, Cobb, Maclin, Tate in .5 ppr Beersheets.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 2, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

I think I'm going to be kicking myself all year for not grabbing Spencer Ware in like the 10th considering someone grabbed him in the 11th. I took Andy Dalton with the pick instead when I probably could have waited an extra round.

I think this is league-dependent so don't beat yourself up too badly. In one league the Charles owner drafted him over a week ago, in mine I picked him up as soon as the first non-positive news came out from their beat reporter.

I personally would have preferred a serviceable plug-in option ala Ryan Matthews, Forsett, Yeldon, Woodie, etc over a strict handcuff.

Do you have RB depth? Remember Charles is not having a setback, so Ware's value is less than Deangelo Williams in the sense that there's no hard timeline keeping Charles away from early-season production.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 3, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

I've been trying to explain to my kids why I'm laughing so hard and am failing as a father.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I need help with a new fantasy name this year. I'm the youngest in my league by 15-20 years most people are in their late 40's early 50's and I want to do something with geriatrics in the name. I won the league last year so I want to rub it in a bit. All I could come up with was "Like Stealing Money From The Geriatrics"

"The Pool Guy"

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

Any chance of getting new Beersheets tomorrow? My draft is Monday and I'm feeling less confident using the most recent ones after final cutdowns than I thought I would.

He's not updating over the holiday weekend. Print the last one and make your appropriate notes on guys like Forsett/West, Spencer Ware if you fancy Jamaal Charles and Bradford/Eagles passing game.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

Since there does not seem to be any data available on 0.5 PPR ADP, do you think it would be reasonable to just average the standard ADP and 1 PPR ADP to get an estimate of where the players might be going?

Hello

Is it this, you're looking for

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/half-point-ppr-cheatsheets.php

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 4, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Don't play fantasy on nfl.com!

It is the worst.

My favorite was their negative projections.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Welp I sure hope Michael Thomas and DeAndre Washington blow up as rookies cause I wound up taking them in every league!

What players have you guys wound up with multiple shares?

Brandon Cooks, Isaiah Crowell, Big Ben

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

No those are rankings, I want ADP. The ADP listed on the half PPR sheet doesn't change between PPR and half PPR, so they are just using PPR ADP for that sheet. It's not actual half PPR ADP.

Those scoundrels

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

10 columns? Hot drat that's impressive. I'm lucky to fart out 3-5 given my schedule. I'll definitely check out your stuff now.

There are a handful of us writers. I want to just say gently caress it and put together a site because y'all are some of the smartest FF people I've interacted with but that seems too GOON PROJECT-y.

The bar set here is The Zybourne Clock so as long as you guys do better than that, you'll be OK.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
ESPN mobile app drafting: thoughts? Warnings? Lamentations?

I have a father-son function that night and need to draft by phone. First time trying it. I plan on having my Beersheet with me and crossing-off players as they are ahead of me.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Works well. Just look for the option that shows all teams drafting so you can keep track of progress.

I just did a few mocks from the app and found what you were talking about. Thanks!

kiimo posted:

I did an auction draft on my iphone. I was very scared but it was totally fine.

I just hope I can keep the expletives under breath.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 6, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
It's like the one thing (whatever it is) that Yahoo does right.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

bows1 posted:

Im drafting for my GF 20 team league. poo poo gets dark quick. Who are these players?

A league in which Charles Sims is a prince, and not a pauper.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Currently feeling: proud Dad-ish

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I drafted (.5ppr) AP 1.7 and Jamaal 2.4 and pretty fine with that. But mostly because I have Ware starting Week 1.

All this Jamaal chat is hurting my nostalgia.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 7, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

surf rock posted:

Been interesting reading the Charles chat on here recently. I picked up Ware in a half PPR league and the Charles owner has offered me Crowell for him.

I'm not sure what to make of Crowell. He's not really a pass-catcher and he's in a committee with Duke. I feel like Ware is talented enough to play himself into a committee with Charles. My other RBs are Frank Gore, Ryan Mathews, LeGarrette Blount, and Dion Lewis (IR). I'm only starting two RBs each week.

Thoughts on what I should do?

You have two options:

- use West as an RB2 or flex as long as he is out-producing Jamaal. Then flip him to that guy for Crowell.

- flip him now since you'd be getting good value for that pick.

Is the other guy desperate or would he devalue Ware once his volume drops?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mr.Trifecta posted:

So CBS doesn't force you to fill spots during a draft. I am playing without a kicker week 1. I am also predicted to win both double header games.

Willfully, right? There isn't any mechanism preventing you from dropping the equivalent of Shaun Draughn for a kicker, right?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

surf rock posted:

I think he would only want Ware as long as Charles isn't fully recovered.

I'd make the trade. On paper Crowell should give you the better return RoS.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Sure I can but waivers don't process until next week.

What everyone else said. The mechanism blocking you is called lovely Rule.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The Walrus; have you no shame!?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Something is starting to happen

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
This is the most happy I'll ever be all season

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Please pickup Jamovick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Hixalot posted:

I did not believe in CJ Anderson, I did not start CJ Anderson, instead starting Christine Michael in the flex, can someone who was actually able to watch the game tell me if he is for real or if this is just a fluke week for him?

His situation is for real. But he's not some other-worldly talent.

• Locked thread