Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Why does everyone have a Yoda rape avatar now? :confused:

e: welp

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hadn't even posted in this thread yet

that seems premature

Apologies, I was reading the rest of last month's thread before coming here, and obviously I couldn't ask in last month's thread :v:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The Maroon Hawk posted:

We sure the Yoda avatars aren't just the newest "Stupid Newbie" avatar?

I had the current stupid newbie avatar but got Yoda'd after asking about Yoda

The first rule of Yoda club is, gently caress if I know :shrug:

(Plus there's a stupid newbie avatar two posts above yours)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

Also maybe after Indiana we get to see Ted cry. (I don't know why but I just want to see Ted destroyed.)

Reminder:

JonathonSpectre posted:

I just want to remind everyone of something.

One of the most loathsome people to ever loving live on this planet, Ted Cruz, backstabbed and hosed over every person he came in contact with for the past four years, forced his party into a bunch of no-win scenarios that made them look stupid and clueless, and generally called out everyone in his entire party as a bunch of commiesymp Islamolibs who want to dress up as a gay-married woman and gently caress a child in a public bathroom. He did all of these things knowingly, burning every bridge he's ever crossed, mauling every hand that's ever fed him, all in service of one dream: He would become the Republican nominee in 2016 and win the Presidency and then the trail of blood and nightmares he left behind wouldn't matter because gently caress you I'm POTUS that's why.

He sacrificed everything to this goal, and he's going to lose by a small number of delegates to the political equivalent of the Fukushima meltdown. His strategy would (probably) have worked! It's pretty clear that the JEB! never stood a chance regardless of how much money he raised because he's a loving walking Ambien who conservatives thoroughly despise, Scott Walker couldn't even figure out how to hire someone who understood things like "a budget," Ben Carson looks like an attractive candidate up until he has to speak in anything other than meaningless fortune-cookie platitudes, etc. All that work, all that planning, all that treachery, all that time.

ALL FOR loving NOTHING AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

He's been reaching for this brass ring his entire life, leaning farther and farther out from his carousel horse. What would he lose first, his balance, or his nerve? But he never flinched, leaning out further and further with each turn of the carousel, and then just before, just before his fingertip brushed it an orange hand came out of nowhere and took that bitch right away from him, right in front of him, and there was never anything he could do to stop it. Now all that's left is the fall.

There aren't words in any language to describe the joy it brings me to see such a heinous, hateful motherfucker destroyed in such a gut-wrenching, miserable way. Tonight was the beginning of Ted Cruz's descent to a talk radio host saying things like, "Well, when *I* was in the United States Senate, let me tell you..."

Ted is a mess.
Ted is a waste.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > USPOL May: Kiosks, abortions and Nüremberg

:confused:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

silvergoose posted:

Holy goddamn hell, did no one notice Vince Foster oh my god.

It was me Austin! It was me all along!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rincewinds posted:

They asked about the Yoda avatar.

This happened to me. First rule of not-Yoda club is, don't talk about Yoda club :(

Also FREE JOEMENTUM!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

FREE JOEMENTUM

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Joementum posted:

No idea, but Nixon did have some odd ideas about these things. He briefly tried to have the Secret Service wear uniforms straight out of a costume drama.

One of, not the best, but definitely one of, the most enjoyable bits of Nixonland is how often Perlstein writes "Nixon said X. He lied." Nixon was a really warped individual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Shageletic posted:

And Panama Red, this is very much the appropriate place to post racially focused articles and analysis, I've been posting in the earlier iterations of this thread for years stuff exactly like it.

:yeah:

As a non-American, I'm a minority voice, but it's really interesting and informative to read these types of posts, and they're most certainly welcome in my eyes.

• Locked thread