Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

First time taking part in the Oath Thread, and my first entry is a little hazy on legality due to the basecoating.

Months ago I zenithal primed then orange basecoated with an airbrush a Zuriel model. Since it's been sitting unfinished for this long I'm going to use this thread to get my rear end in gear.

If this guy isn't kosher, no big deal. I'll try to get him done and oath something else in time. But if he's legal, then

I, Floppychop, oath to paint a Privateer Press Zuriel Heavy Warbeast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete
Claiming Where are my Dragons since Zuriel is a dragonspawn that flies around and breaths fire.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, Oath to assemble and paint 10 Gretchin and one Runtherd, by Games Workshop.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Technical Challenge since the grot are wearing basically only loincloths.

Also claiming #squad goals

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 24, 2016

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath to paint 8 Ork slugga boyz and 1 Ork rokkit boy by Games Workshop for July 2016

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 25, 2016

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Floppychop posted:

I, Floppychop, oath to paint 8 Ork slugga boyz and 1 Ork rokkit boy by Games Workshop for July 2016

Oath Complete!

Claiming Speed Painting since start and complete are less than 24 hours apart.

and a better pic not in front of a monitor

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Looks like I have to bow out on doing an August Oath. College starting up again and moving apartments has taken all my free time.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath to paint two Bandido miniatures by Wyrd Miniatures.

I haven't oathed anything in a while due to moving and college, but I finally got my hobby stuff set back up and I'm on winter break..

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming the technical challenge on the standing Bandido due to her red duster.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

For January I, Floppychop, oath to paint Big Jake and Mad Dog Brackett by Wyrd Miniatures.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

No journal, in fact I went almost the complete opposite with a desert themed basing.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath to paint one Skaven Warlord and one Skaven Warpfire Thrower. Both by Games Workshop

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

No journal this month. I did some fire, but no OSL or anything.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, Oath to paint one Doomwheel, and 3 Stormfiends (28mm, GW) in March

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete

Spring break this past week, I might not be able to go somewhere warm, but I least I have time to paint.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Addition!

I, Floppychop, oath to paint 3 Warplock Jezzails. Converted from GW products (Kroots and Clanrats)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Floppychop posted:

Oath Addition!

I, Floppychop, oath to paint 3 Warplock Jezzails. Converted from GW products (Kroots and Clanrats)

Oath Complete!

Claiming the technical challenge for this month's jurnal due to them being conversions using clanrats, kroot stuff, and plasticard.

The good and bad things about photos is that they seem to pinpoint exactly what you mess up on. I'll need to do some touchups to the hands.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 25, 2017

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

/\ woops, forgot about the group photo /\

All together now!

Oath Complete

Claiming the technical challenge for this month's jurnal due to the Jezzails being conversions using clanrats, kroot stuff, and plasticard.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

End of semester crunch is hitting me hard. So I'm going to have to take an easy one for this month's Oath.

I Floppychop, oath to paint one Ork Nob by Games Workshop

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

And All for One

I apologize for the terrible quality of the all for one. My normal picture method doesn't work for that many models and my house's lighting is atrocious.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Looks like I didn't get credit for the Squad Goals I did in June.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3774261&perpage=40&pagenumber=16#post461393057

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

First Place (3 Points): - Floppychop

You've done an excellent job making a very busy model look clear and cohesive. There's a lot of little fiddly bits that you've done a great job picking out. The wood depth is well done. The metals look good and aren't overpowering. The lining on the crystals give them a nice glow. All told, very well put together.

First time placing and it was first! This made my day. Thanks!

That thing was a PITA to assemble and paint. 9 different sub-assemblies IIRC. It lets me realize that the effort paid off.

• Locked thread