Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the gamecube is probably the most underrated console and had a lot of games that seemed to be bad mouthed a lot despite the fact they have aged well and are still excellent. luigis mansion is prob the most under appreciated Nintendo game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

no they will not posted:

The best example of great gamecube game is pikmin 2 unless you're one of those melee guys

i didn't like 2 as much as 1 because it was too combat focused for me. i liked the time limit in 1 also, i thought it was reasonably paced and you usually had to play through a couple of times until you could get everything

pikmin was another game that still looks really excellent.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

splatoon still has a really active community which is pretty awesome. i bought it this spring and have never had issues finding tons of other players any time.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I generally dislike the direction Nintendo took where they went from having a hub world to just making linear levels for games. the first luigis mansion was much easier to play because it didn't jerk you away from the action every 5 minutes.

also liked Mario sunshine and galaxy better than 3D world for the same kinda reason.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i never got far in 2. it started kinda slow and the atmosphere is not nearly as good as the first.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the walker controlled like garbage in zero and the levels where you used it and the gyrocopter sucked bad. i wasn't really jazzed about the game at all until i played through it co-op and it's really the way it's meant to be played imo. it's challenging enough and the gyro controls are fun for just shooting.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Courtesy post that Mario Party 2 is available for download from Wii U VC as of a couple days ago. Played my first round in Space Land and I'm not ashamed to admit I got my poo poo rocked by DK on frickin' normal difficulty.

E: the "flick your bob-omb into a boat" 1 v. 3 mini game seems weird with the Wii U control sticks. Like you can't not toss it as hard as you can.

i still play mario party 2 with friends on the n64 very often. is the wii u one basically good enough to function the same?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my wife used to keep stats of our MP2 games cause we had the same 5 people around most of the time. 2 ringed notebooks full of stats of every event from each game.

i came up with this idea when i was doing a stats course and in a haze of alcohol and drugs thought "we can do advanced stats like in real sports" and everyone else in their same hosed up state seemed to think this was good for some reason.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

well that is a useless update

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

If I found fantasy life waaaay too grindy but enjoyed rune factory, harvest moon , animal crossing etc will ever oasis be a good choice?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i played a lot of splatoon last summer so when 2 came out i wore it out kinda fast but i find the slow release of new content keeps me coming back every few weeks for some playtime. i missed a couple of splatfests but the last two always had me playing against my own team which wasn't fun and never seemed to happen in 1.

i still have so much to unlock. seems like the level progression really slows down after 15 or so

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Golf story is good but it does feel more like a GBA Mario RPG and less like a harvest moon type game like I was anticipating. The golfing actually plays really well and is lots of fun. The mechanics are simple and the difficulty scales really well. Some of the quest elements are kinda tedious but generally don't take long enough to really drag down the game.

I'd get it if you think it's your thing but it's def not a must buy and given what else is available I have been playing it in limited bursts

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

metroid prime has aged so well. i got it at launch and never played it again until the wii u release but it felt like it could have been released today.

metroid prime 2 not so much.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Been playing BotW today and just realized for the first time that salt adds to special effect duration when you cook with it.

this game still amazes

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Why does North America get fewer steelbook releases of games? Would love a bayo steelbook

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

didn't realize switch was region free, will def import then and suffer the ridiculous canadian duties for a fancy box

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the zelda dlc is also pretty drat good and there is a lot of new content. i think the people disappointed with the first dlc will be pretty happy with this.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

it comes out on chinese new year so im assuming import sites will have discounts going on

what are some decent import sites you would recommend?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lmao

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

If you are talking about Overcooked yes, local mp is an absolute riot.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

200cc is insanely good. When you start to figure out how to use the brakes effectively when drifting the game becomes so much more satisfying.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Anyone played tiny metal?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Ahhh drat, wargroove looks cool but I’m not super jazzed about the fantasy setting. I just want a new advance wars basically.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Im playing through super metroid for the first time ever and holy gently caress it's so good. Figuring out sequence breaks is a lot of fun, there are so many secrets in this game.

Early ice beam is very useful

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMrYr1zlQ8

I missed this when it got announced but it looks great -- sidescrolling action RPG from INTI for Switch with 4p online co-op. I'm really really fond of that GBA era art style too, it reminds me of the Mega Man Zero games

This looks like it would be v fun for couch coop

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Never played twewy but wanted to, this is awesome news.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I played the first world and went back to multiplayer so I should get back to it at some point.

I felt like garbage the last time I played the game, there are so many good players now and it’s a lot more competitive than it ever was on wii u

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

This is kinda gimmicky but I see how it would be fun for kids who can build and decorate a thing then use it in a game or whatever. I probably would have enjoyed something like this when I was little and it’s affordable for what it is.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Just beat super metroid for the first time. Such a great game, holds up remarkably well for 23 years old.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Are GameCube controllers still super rare and expensive? I think I have a couple stored away but i hope they were not disposed of by my parents.

Wouldn't mind hooking up the wii for some Mario sunshine eventually.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Thinking about getting bravely second on sale, but didn’t you all mention that bravely default was better? Second is available for about half the price so if it’s not significantly different I’d rather save the money

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

whatever happened to the rumor of nintendo doing a netflix style subscription service for the switch to play VC games?

Was this false like the GC emulation rumour?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

is the season pass for zelda worth getting
Yeah the second part adds a lot of content that makes it worth it.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I want to play bayo really bad but I have to wait a couple of weeks for my order since I imported it.

I really hope it has an active multiplayer base for a bit cause that is a key way to make money.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

bump_fn posted:

is bayonetta 2 normal mode easier than 1? Or am I just finally getting some muscle memory back

So much easier imo

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I didn't buy Bayo because I went to Tokyo and thought ya I'll just pick up the tag climax edition

The guy at the Mandarake Akiba videogame section when I asked was like "Well tell me if you find it because I've been looking for it for weeks" and actually stores in Japan were importing the US boxed version because it came with a code for Bayo 1 (The japan Bayo 2 costs more than the US version and comes without Bayo 1)

My tag climax edition is still waiting for transit and I really should have forked over the extra 5 dollars or whatever for better shipping because it would have been here like a week ago.

A tag climax tourney would be fun

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

My bayo infinite climax edition finally arrived. The kids and wife are going away overnight coincidentally so lots of time to fly through 1 hopefully.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Golf story was fun but it can be frustrating when you have to do tedious mini games to move the game along. The golf is actually p good for a simple game but they don’t have enough of it.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

They have kotaku in australia?

Yeah but it flushes the opposite way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The one with the church flying at you or whatever is completely inexcusable

I had not died in this level but then died 5 times at this and was so rattled.

2 is pretty much perfect though. I’m trying to get all platinum statues on hard and am doing okay except the depths has really hosed me.