Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

One negative thing I have to say about Nintendo is that the 3dsxl makes my hands cramp but it's probably because I'm playing so drat much of it on account of how awesome it is.

I have the circle pad pro, it makes it pretty comfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

For real though a mario football game like nfl blitz would be off the chain

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I think capcom said they have a monster hunter game that's not monster hunter stories coming out next year

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Mods should make this a sticky

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Thinking about wario's angry red nutsack

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm realized I'm ok with it if it's primarily portable. I'm pretty stocked up on gaming in front of a tv, but wouldn't mind a more powerful portable that hopefully is a little more comfy to hold onto.

I actually brought my WiiU upstairs to play on the pad in bed or on the balcony :D

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Shantae is on the wii side

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Steven Spielberg coded it. Of course your dad loved it. Stee ven Speel berg

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Average Gamer: Monster Hunter 3U is pretty great, i hope they port the sequel to Wii U too so I can hunt more monsters without my hands cramping up!

Me, after poring over sales charts: I'm sure they will... *puts a gun to the back of his head as my eyes well up with tears*

Lmao

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

*in mario voice while drinking whiskey and gaming* "LEt's a-go make another drink-a!!! YIPEE! YA HAAAA!"

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm drinking nyquil so i can fall asleep right NOW

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

> awakens from NyQuil slumber
> watches video
> calculates how much NyQuil will get himself to March

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Called it. They named the third Nvidia Shield the Nintendo Switch

*looks over his shoulder to see if anyone is looking* it would be sweet if this can be hacked to play pc games too

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

also why the gently caress does unicode have a swastika in it

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Pokemon and Monster Hunter on a console and a TV. Nuoh my God

And a From game

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

the skyrim remaster on the nintendo switch is just OG skyrim. a nintendo system can finally run it

You can now play Skyrim on the way to the dispensary though

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

*in a starbucks 1 year from now entering numbers into a children's spreadsheet app with a tiny controller in one hand and a tiny cappuccino in the other* the amiibo attach rate looks good this quarter

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It would be pretty cool if you could orient the little screen vertically for shmups or tetris.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I hope these snoopy ears feel good. Nintendo's journey to the comfy side will be complete [/Star Wars]

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I got my eye on that link sprite

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Did any imps get Mirage Sessions? How is it?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Is New 3ds Xl superior to regular one?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I have the New Galaxy New 3DS XL

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Think the New 3DS XL is too big

I think the screen might be a little big for the resolution since I can't hold it that far from my face without the 3D distorting. ON the other hand, my hands fall asleep playing games on it and it was worse with smaller handhelds. I have some monster hunter branded grip thing that helps a bit but i don't like lugging it around everywhere.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I had to be taken to urgent care today with a kidney stone. Was in too much pain to say much, but made sure to ask that the 3ds comes with me lol

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Illness gaming is a great time. I played Hotline Miami in its entirety without breaks when I had a massive fever and basically went insane and ended up chanting "the man says boop the man says boop" in tune with the start of this track for hours

Lol. I was on a morphine IV so I didnt have my typical leet coordination but I was really digging the Picross 3D round 2 tunes.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

when i was a kid i got a fever so high i started hallucinating slightly, i had the SNES mario all stars, was playing 2 and in the haze i discovered the warp jar for the first time and i thought i had become completely unhinged and started screaming for my mom to take me to the hospital

Lol. Games leading to existential crisis ftw

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Been playing this Gotta Protectors game for 3ds. It's an 8-bit retro thing but it's made by an actual Japanese indie company run by a music composer that did stuff like Act Raiser 2 and Shenmue. It's sort of a beat em up defense type of thing.

Anyways it's pretty neat. The music is good. Numbers will rise. There is a naked ninja guy. Bye.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_(company)
http://www.ancient.co.jp/~game/gotta_protectors/

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

woah looks sick

Yuzo also composed for Ys I and II and I guess his family runs the company.

Thinking about it more, it's like an 8 bit musou with levels like the defense levels from Dragon Quest Heroes

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

The Golden Girls did Lower Norfair without the Space Jump. Very impressive.

Lol

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-rouDOD60

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

yeah i hope they can patch it in after the fact.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

downloading Bioshock Infinite, Mortal Kombat X, Fallout 4, etc to my Nintendo Switch and howling at the absent god unable to strike me down

lmao

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I want my friends to see how much of a nintendo maniac I am, though.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

If Hori made a joycon with their fighting game dpad on it :pray:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The PS4 wireless headphones work with the Switch, too.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Both of the Megaman legacy collections, all the X games, and Megaman 11 are coming to the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

What is this poo poo, he doesn't even look like he's made out of clay like my favorite capcom hits