Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Evil Eagle posted:

Nintendo's getting a cool $17.98 from me today. Kirby Mass Attack is out on Wii U and Kirby’s Dream Course just hit the new 3DS.

Dream Course FTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/07/japan-localization/ this article about localizing shovel knight for Japan is cool. the boys at yacht club really know their roots

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ka0 posted:

I want to buy a new 3ds abd mario golf on it

Mario golf 3DS is incredible ... haven't picked it up in a while but now I'm probably gonna play all morning, cheers

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ka0 posted:

it's the only game I can think of that is good though. I don't give a poo poo about zelda or the 2d platform marios. then there's all that fire emblem stuff for the tumblr/deviantart crowd and monster hunter 9000 which was boring in psp and stays true to form on the nintendo. maybe pokemon is good again

3D Land is a really good 3D platform Mario on 3DS. Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the best games ever made. Pokemons good and there's a million other RPGs. But I suspect you are a troll and I will not engage with you further

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't like Fire Emblem very much either though. Bought Awakening and then Birthright and got kinda bored halfway through both.... I think it's something about the difficulty balance, the easier modes/Casual feels really boring but the harder modes/permadeath also are kinda tedious to me because you have to do poo poo perfectly and restart the long-rear end missions when you gently caress up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Soral posted:

is kid icarus good with the new 3ds' nub thing. or do you kind of have to use the old 3ds's circle pad attachment. does anyone know

The only thing the nub/circle pad pro lets you do is play left-handed and move with your right hand and hold the stylus in your left. Stylus aiming only (but once you get the hang of it though it works great and you can aim more quickly and accurately than you could with a control stick)

People who complained about the controls are weirdos though it works great.... maybe it's less comfortable on a non-XL model though idk

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

jyrque posted:

Wii u has wonderful 101 and thus is the coolest game system :c00lbert:

i bought this on sale and still haven't even touched it and I love Platinum games idk what's wrong with me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is it fascism yet posted:

im still playing lbw and its great but i wish it wasnt so easy

yeah it came with my 3ds when I got it and the original owner had already beaten it so I could do hard mode from the start which was nice. I wish you usually didn't have to beat a Zelda game to unlock hero mode because I don't feel like replaying Zelda games for a long time after I beat them. already knowing all the puzzles is like half the game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/puyo-puyo-chronicle-announced-3ds

I shouldn't get my hopes up this is never gonna get a western release . aggggh

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

are the NES Remix games fun? which is better the 3DS or Wii u one? kinda got the itch to check it out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Ok I got a 3DS a couple days ago for pokemon yellow (yes ima scrub) and ACNL. But what about Luigi's Mansion?

Ps https://youtu.be/ALhAXtFR1LM

It's ok but there are a million other games I'd get first unless I loved luigi and wanted to gently caress him.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

There was that cool looking desert oasis animal crossing/harvest moon kinda game?

yea that's not til done til sometime in 2017 it looks cool though. Ever Oasis or something ? Kind of sounds a little like Dark Cloud, action RPG where you're battling thru random dungeons and gathering materials used to build a town

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The DS version has some kinda crap extra content that's not nearly as good as the main game but if i remember right you sort of have to go out of your way to find it anyway. Otherwise the port is great, have fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Nintesla, based Elon putting a NX in every self driving car🙏

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i just ordered a refurbed Wii-U w/ all the extra money i pulled in last week. i think i'm going to do mario maker as my first game for it.

niiiice . seconding 3D world, it's one of the best marios ive ever played . and yeah bartending is gonna make you a lot more money than any of your fancy college crap dude

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

He says "-uh" instead of the hard R.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Holy poo poo boys just saw the news. I just want to fall back asleep now lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

anyone else see the nearly 30 y/o guy sitting alone i his apt late at night playing video games and think "thats me"? Yeah if you did.

Same but the brunette who brought her Nintendo Switch to her neighbors rooftop party

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

loving awesome. Day 1 Purchase.

Dude .. .... I don't wanna make you look like an idiot in front of the whole Zone, but uh, check your PMs. And make sure you're sitting down :/

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Are there good stylus alternatives for 3ds out there? I noticed today Im digging into my index finger playing too much picross 3d and its making it go numb

Thumb strap from Metroid Prime Hunters on original DS

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

the only new 3ds exclusive games are xenoblade chornicles or whatever its called and snes roms. i guess the nub makes controlling the camera easier in monster hunter altho im used to the pad so i never use it :smugbird:
there's also slightly faster loading times for some games maybe idk

new pokémon runs better on the new one and hyrule warriors is like unplayable on original 3ds

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

It has hundreds of scenarios that take fifteen minutes a piece, it's perfect for 3DS

Yeah I never played on wii u but i thought it was a great portable game honestly

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Goodbye Boxboy. I'm on my phone and idk where it is but the trailer for the new game they just announced seems to have some rly cool new mechanics. Definitely a bigger jump than 1>2 was. Still want a level editor tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

oi mate. you see this ere google eye bear and bird? cute innit. well laddy you jus step in this ere black van love and oill show you all about it -- actual rare ware ad from 1998

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I really hope that the era of insane third party nintendo accessories comes back. a fabled return of the horsebag...

Omg

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I really hope that the era of insane third party nintendo accessories comes back. a fabled return of the horsebag...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

he didn't leave, he got forced out because he pissed away lots of money and posted photos sitting in a hot tub on the roof of the studio with a bunch of whores

Saints Row as hell

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

i wrote way too much about why its bad on my on line website 69 months ago http://coolgreat.website/post/144747466925/star-fox-zero-a-review-in-way-too-many-words like com,ment and subscribe

I did read this a long time ago actually when you posted it somewhere else and i agree. Its not just the levels or controls or whatever but the whole structure of the game sucks and really misses the point of the tight, single-sitting "arcade" experience of Star Fox & SF64

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Illness gaming is a great time. I played Hotline Miami in its entirety without breaks when I had a massive fever and basically went insane and ended up chanting "the man says boop the man says boop" in tune with the start of this track for hours

lol but also that song is gonna make me play that game again tonight

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I hope there is a discount on upgrading to the Switch versions because I want to play Splatoon with a bigger userbase and analog controls but Idk if I want to pay 60 bucks for that privilege.

Might be BS but the rumor right now is that Splatoon will be a pack-in with the higher storage capacity version of the switch a-la Nintendoland. It would be a smart move for an online mp game to keep the user base high

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Is the switch thing tomorrow gonna be translated or will we just have to guess what's happening from the video

It's probably not live or anything, they'll likely have a prerecorded video in both english & japanese ready to go like with a lot of directs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

you can come hang out and watch it at my house.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

the bar I work for said they'd be down to play it on the tvs, but I think I'd rather watch it at home so I can rewind it over and over lol

loving awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

How are you guys killing time until the announcement? Me, I'm drinking more rum and finally playing through Knack

It's better than I expected, very Japanese gamefeel, but definitely has that "launch title" *googles "je ne se qua"* je ne sais quoi. I'm in the 2nd chapter or whatever, and the rocks that you can smash sound the same as the machinery that you can smash lol

It's really warm so I'm sitting outside drinking wine and looking at the night sky thinking about nintendo.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I was a little late getting started on the stream and I didnt wanna read ppl posting about it ahead of me but holy poo poo lol. Praise nintendo.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Soral posted:

full puyo puyo tetris trailer is up on the nintendo youtube account. it looks cool but switching between puzzle game modes on the fly is too complicated for my idiot brain to handle

e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4ia1-1CPs

it's been out on ps4 forever in japan. i've been kinda tempted to import

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Then Yoda turns to BBG and chuckles while removing his robe

lmfao