Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my favorite Nintendo franchise is the one that's more popular than everything except Mario and Pokemon... maybe im just weird..

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I was gonna try it later... what wrong with it

i thought it was fine but its a very obnoxious/twee style of anime, like a kids show or w/e

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

splatoon 2 expansion out tomorrow

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

I started the Octopath demo as the hunter lady and there was a bunch of 'didst thou acten' type talk but I was cool with that but then it stopped being voice acted and i didnt want to read to myself in that voice, and then i remembered jrpg intros are often boring and this demo is 8 jrpg intros so i turned it off

only the hunter lady talks like that the other chars are normal

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

if they can price drop it in a year or 2 after the 2nd wave of big games hits I could see it getting into ds / ps2 territory

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that guy trolls the switch thread a lot though he may be realposting there i dunno

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah the problem is how do you make a new one that would be a better buy than 8 deluxe. most ppl aren't gonna buy multiple Mario kart games on the same platform

I hope they instead use the opportunity to revive fzero or wave race or something

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

having literally 100 reskinned battlefields is gonna own

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

how is the d-pad on the pro controller lovely? just based on pics it looks OK

the contact pads underneath are too big/sensitive in a way that can produce unintended diagonal inputs

you can apparently fix it by opening it up and using tape to make the contact area smaller

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Frenz posted:

All the games im interested in are delayed indefinitely or mia (smt v, metroid, bayo3)

all 3 of those got "okay, we just started working on this" announcements in the past year, not really time for mia status yet.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I wonder how they’ll make the Pokémon in Saffron City pop out of that box thing at the top of the building. It’d be cool if they kept them 2D sprites.

they showed that stage at E3 and yes they were sprites

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i might buy a 3ds next year and catch up on all the good rpgs I missed if there's another lull in the Switch release schedule

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

American McGay posted:

How about an actual direct for the (any????) other games you've got coming out this year oh and also please explain wtf the paid online is gonna be like cause you know that's coming out in like 3 weeks.
Seems weird to have their next direct be a Smash direct.

we already know all the fall release dates other than TWEWY and the date for the online service, the latter of which could just get thrown up on their website rather than a Direct

next real Direct will be whenever they're ready to show whatever their January-March games are

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

nintendo making people go insane by announcing their poo poo at the last minute is forever entertaining

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

sucks that it will probably be rex, the most boring character in the game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hopefully they do the thing the old games did where you can brute force unlock everything just by playing a lot of vs.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

wait is this a king of fighters style team mode that owns

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

awesome interactions of game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

what about mr game and watch

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

[While posting on a forum run by a dying conman who owes millions in back taxes and spwnt 7 years living in an office park with a weird diaper pedophile who talked like baby huey)
Its to hard to get Homealone 2 up amd running on an emulator. I have the super wolfdrive set up but it only dumps to smc files (outdated filetype and bad headers) andt the cartridge has a lot of dusty contacts

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What are some digital-only games I should get on Switch? I'm planning on getting Blaster Master Zero and Picross

my fav <$20 games so far:
Celeste
Steamworld Dig 2
Lumines Remastered
Fast RMX
Stardew Valley
Yoku's Island Express

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

standard USB C cable is fine for charging it in handheld mode, its only 3rd party docks that can brick it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

just don't do anything that would have it running off of a 3rd party power source, it should always be running off of the battery or an official dock and you're good.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you need it for 3rd party games but i think some stuff like fortnite that runs its own servers and doesn't go through Nintendo's setup might be excluded. they haven't been clear on this yet

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

if this is like last year's its gonna be mostly filling out holiday releases plus whatever their big thing is for Jan-March

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

an actual dog posted:

And it's gonna be way more 3DS than you'd think.
there's not much left in the pipe at this point unless they do more 3ds/switch games like fire emblem warriors or the captain toad port.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's called Intendo because they intend to release some excellent games

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lobster Harmonica posted:

People are already speculating this might be due to subject matter being ill-timed, like a Smash unveil trailer involving an earthquake or something.

that's possible but it's probably just because millions of people in Japan don't have power right now

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

“Make sure you download your updates before sleep mode”

‘But I don’t wanna connect to the internet!’

*sigh* “Has he been telling you those stories again?”

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

can't wait for some retailer to forget to turn off their scheduled update and leak the whole direct tonight

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the Yoshi game is vaporware and makes it real easy to identify fake leaks since they always think it's coming out like next month

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

wasn't adventures basically an original rareware game that got turned into a star fox game late in development?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Isn't golden sun a GBA game from two decades ago that no one has ever cared about

it still has an insane fanbase that thinks its some lost gem that Nintendo is ignoring and not a completely average jrpg.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i did not remember there being a wario related game on NES

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it would only take like 3-5 SNES games to make the service twice as appealing

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's cool how Nintendo was insanely savvy at everything for one year and now they're right back to making no sense again

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm only on Chapter 3 in Xenoblade 2 right now and it's already insane how many different systems there are to keep track of. I've heard the game gets to galaxy brain OCD levels later, and I'd normally balk at that, but I'm morbidly curious to see how far they can stretch everything.
the game's not tuned hard enough that you have to engage with every layer, i ignored the pouch items and aux cores for most of the game and did fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my understanding of okami was always "if you played twilight princess and skyward sword and want more of that for some reason, there's also this"