Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Just added myself to the spreadsheet and checking to see if any guilds have some room, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Disco De Soto posted:

Any idea how the ally system works? Does it just show the leader or best character from your ally's roster, or does it mix it up sometimes? Cause all I'm seeing now is Phasma, Phasma, Phasma, Phasma, Sid, Phasma, Phasma, Doku, Phasma...

I believe it detects whoever your last used leader was for each team and sets that as your ally or arena defense team. Which is annoying when you want to tweak your arena defense since you can't do so without having available attacks.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

rabidsquid posted:

The June log-in character shards are: ally points :unsmigghh:

Wait, is it Dengar or ally points? I was seeing ally points this morning

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of dispelling, I've been working on Rex for that role. Is he decent, or is there anyone else recommended instead? Trying to stay as close to F2P on this game as possible, so the new Droid is likely not an option.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

MichiganCubbie posted:

I have never gotten a daily completion because of this. I always thought everything in there needed crystals.

Ah man, hopefully you're not 80 and missing out on those Omega tokens

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Jibo posted:

So are they just not going to fix GW or what?

I'm sick of wading through cash money whale teams just so I can get some drat credits.

I really hope so; I'm 2 pieces away from a Vader upgrade, and stuck at 45/50 for the GW achievement since the retune.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I was about to declare this a Good Update based on the multi-sim change alone, and then I caught up to the thread...

edit: AND you can sim challenges now too? Why'd they have to gently caress up the mods so badly?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Venture posted:

I sent you an ally invite. Anyone else who wants in QGJ just add 912-827-926 and I'll invite you, we still have room.

Added you and sent a request to join QGJ; IGN same as on here

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

xyigx posted:

OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

1) 28,941
2) 28,941
3) About a 5; maybe I've been lucky, but GW hasn't seemed all that much more difficult. I have to manual the last 3 nodes now, but that's about it.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Malgrin posted:

Sid really started to fall off in the 60s, and I left him completely behind in the 70s. I have completely stopped using him.

Which dark sider would you recommend spending arena points on, then? I finished up Leia, and my dark side team is lacking, which is why I just started working on him, but I'm open to suggestions.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of their excellent QA, did they break QGJ's 3rd skill? Several times today I've used it, dispelled a buff from the enemy, and not gotten the team buff from it.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

iGestalt posted:

Grevious? he's already in the game as ~the worst grind~

You know, I think that's the one character in this game that I haven't encountered once in arena or GW. Is he any good at all?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Venture posted:

I can't get him. gently caress this event.

:saddowns:

Same here, my high-levels are spread all over the place in terms of faction, so I really need to focus on completing some teams before I miss anymore events.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Malgrin posted:

He unlocks at 5*...any chance you can get enough rebels to 5* in time?

Arena tokens: STH, AA, Leia
Cantina: Lando, Luke
Cantina Tokens: HRS
GW Tokens: Biggs

I've currently got Leia, STH and Luke eligible. Leia is 7* lvl 80, Omega'd and has some of my best mods after Rey, so she's been putting in the bulk of the work; STH and Luke are both 5* and in their 50's though.

I can probably get Biggs there in time, but getting the 5th is where I'm going to cutting it close. I've been wanting an excuse to build Lando though, so hopefully with the retuned Cantina costs I can squeeze him in.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, my Lando is 4*, and I don't remember having put any shards into him as of yet.

And that's good to know about my Leia being able to handle that tier; I may actually manage to pull this off after all.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I didn't realize just how consistent the AI can be in its actions until last night when I was having trouble with my last GW node so had to do a few retreat/restarts.

I was running Barriss, Rey, Lumi, Phasma and QGJ; I forget what all the enemy team had offhand, but I do remember Lando and one of the Geonosians Every single restart, Lumi would miss her first attack against Lando without fail. QGJ would then go after her; if I used his third skill to remove Lando's crit rate buff, Lando would do his AOE and wear Phasma down, then the Geonosian would go next and finish her off. If I didn't remove said buff, then Lando and the Geonosian would both use their regular attacks against Barris instead, who was tanky enough to handle it.

At that point it almost became more of a puzzle game than an RPG, with me experimenting to figure out which input would result in the least-damaging reaction from the enemy team. I know every AI has its limitations, but it just became very apparent with that node.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Good information to know, thanks

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I really should've built a Lando a long time ago; dude's way too much fun, even with sub-par crit rate currently.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Fallorn posted:

Applied to goongan army

Is GGA even active anymore? I thought they were absorbed into the other two guilds after the mods patch?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I know Cad Bane is held in low regard, but given how easy he is to rank up, would he be passable just to round out a Scoundrel team? I've currently got:

Lando - 7* 80
Chewie - 6* 80
STH - 5* 80

with

Boba Fett - 5* 63
IG88 - 4* 58

Needless to say, I can't quite take the final tier of the credit heist. Would I be better off just getting Boba and 88 to 80? I know Boba considered lackluster as well though, and 88 is in line behind Ackbar for my arena shards so is still a little while off.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Alright, no space cowboy for me then; thanks!

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Have they said where you'll continue getting shards for him once the event and login rewards are over?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Who did I piss off to get not one but two Teebo/RG/Rey teams in GW today?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Half a Shoretrooper but enough credits to get my RG up to 80 at least so I'm not mad.

But speaking of being mad, gently caress Palpatine so much. That is all.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Have they said which day this week they're raising the level cap? I'm getting antsy not spending any credits.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ah well, I guess I can hold out for a few more days. I just realized I'll be able to 7* STH after the arena reset tonight, so that'll be a million I need to make up anyhow. Of course, getting him to 7* should get me to the last tier of the credit heist so should pay for itself.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, it's just the player level cap going up, not the characters'?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ah okay, thanks

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
On the upside, Chewie shards!

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Malgrin posted:

No. People have tried this. It's probably based off your most powerful heroes, but there have been a bunch of discussions and I don't remember exactly what was proven or disproven.

Anecdotal, but I tried that awhile back, tanking my arena team/rating, and I didn't notice any sort of difference

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Well poo poo, I guess I should've actually read that announcement; went and wasted my ally points on Bronzium pulls.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Most definitely; that got my freshly-7*d Biggs up to 83, and hopefully I can do the same with Wedge by the end of the week.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Serperoth posted:

I could only manage the second rank, even with 6* ST Han and 7* IG-88 :saddowns:

If you don't have him already, start working on Lando; getting him built up was what finally got me clearing the top tier

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Sweet, just cleared the Yoda event, and the achievement gave me enough shards to 6* Vader

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Jibo posted:

If only they could make GW something other than a hideously unfun hour long daily slog...

I have to say that finally getting Lando/Wiggs up & running has helped the GW slog a LOT for me. With those three, STH, and either Leia or Akbar depending on how DoT-heavy the enemy team is, I can auto up to the last few nodes instead of having to go manual about a third of the way through. And that's with Wedge only being 5*, and Biggs at GS8.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I really wish they'd have had more non-PVP ship content ready for launch. I had a couple decent matches last night but have hit the whale wall today, so it kind of sucks doing a couple challenges and being done with them.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
drat, my Biggs is complete and I'm trying to finish up Wedge, so could use those shards. Could I install/login from my wife's iPad and still get the iOS rewards?

edit: nevermind, just saw the account's linked to Google Play

Wintermutant fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 23, 2016

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Neutron posted:

There really is nothing in this game save for dark side nodes that Wiggs cannot solve, is there?

Pretty much, yeah. I was hitting my head against ship battles and couldn't even breach top 300 up until I got Wiggs' ships, and now I'm getting close to top 100.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Danzel Glovington posted:

How do you get the shoretrooper? I'm looking at it as chromium pack only. Is it available in any other way or are people just dropping crystals on it?

He was a reward for a tournament awhile back.

Speaking of Shoretrooper though, is he worth working on if I've only got him at 3*? I don't really have any other pressing projects, if that makes a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Awesome; good to know, thanks