Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I decided to be a sucker and buy a Chromium 8 pack. Last time they gave me Ugnaught and Grand Moff Tarkin, so I probably should have learned my lesson:

3* Cad Bane, 3* Sun Fac, aaaand Snowtrooper who turned into 7 shards. Also enough shards to unlock 2* Kit Fisto and 2* Mob Enforcer.

I'm excited about Cad, Sun, and Kit and I know I'll need to buy more packs to promote them higher; but are they any good once promoted?

Edit: Hot drat, I just got Ahsoka Tano from a Bronzium pack! She turned into 15 shards. :)

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

What is your arena team?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Lord Wexia posted:

I've gotten into this game a lot more in the last week or so and I feel like I am stuck in a rut.

I'm fairly new myself; probably 4 weeks ahead of you. You'll get over it, don't worry. Just read the guide at the beginning of this thread and you'll see an improvement.

Life becomes much easier once you grab Luminara (get her to 7* ASAP) from Galactic War.

Old Daka is absolutely incredible. I only recently got her from cantina tokens; the grind is long but well worth it. Grab Qui-Gon Jinn at some point (1st or 2nd), he's really cheap to unlock and definitely an end-game hero; you'll love his assist attack and ability to knock off buffs (including taunts)!

As for arena tokens, I made the mistake of grabbing IG-88 first. He's good, but his healing debuff isn't 100%. Darth Sidious is invaluable for his more reliable debuff (not to mention his bullshit dodge chance against Jedi). A lot of people grab Stormtrooper Han next to replace Chewie (the 2 turn taunt is great, and he's tankier than Poe).

Squad Cantina Battles (1-A) Geonosian Soldier: You need to get him. This weird bug-guy is probably my favorite character. He has an assist attack just like IG-86 and QGJ and is pretty beefy. I would mostly focus on GS, but grab a couple shards for JC, too.

For arena I run: IG-88(L), Geonosian Soldier, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Royal Guard. I can consistently maintain top 100 even though my JC and RG have low stars.

The biggest mistakes I made was wasting tier 3 ability mats on people who aren't good and for leader bonuses I will never use. Apply them with careful consideration, and only worry about keeping your arena team/GW team leveled and geared. You'll eventually have to become selective with who you work on as credits and training droids become scarce.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

kaschei posted:

Can y'all just put your links in the spreadsheet unless you're asking a question where knowing your inventory would help to answer?

That's a good idea, I'll do that.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 8, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, he's pretty amazing. I've been running Teebo, Chirpa, Elder, QGJ, RG, and it works pretty well. I'm thinking about taking out Chirpa, he's only 5*, and now that I can actually run Teebo lead, he just doesn't do enough.

I've been slowly piecing together an Ewok team for Rancor, but I don't have access to Chirpa yet. Are you saying I should just skip him? What's an ideal bear team?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Halverine posted:

... just have to be patient and realize I can't play this game all day every day.

Yep, this is the same problem I have. You just have to put it down and play when you've finally stored up enough energy to do something.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So I'm having trouble figuring out which characters I should use for my arena team. I've been able to keep myself in the top 100 for a while now, but I feel like my makeup is holding me back. I have a 4*Ben and 4*QGJ I'm trying to make work , but maybe I need more stars before I rotate them in?

Original team: (L)7*88, 6*GS, 7*Lumi, 4*JC, 2*RG

New team: (L)4*Ben, 6*GS, 7*Lumi, 4*QGJ, 2*RG
(Ben was too slow and ended up applying Mind Tricks after the enemy team took their turn, so I swapped to a QGJ lead to help Ben attack sooner)

In retrospect I replaced my 4*JC with a 4*QGJ which left Lumi as my only healer -- but now I can remove taunts. I think the real mistake was dropping my 7*88 for a 4*Ben. Perhaps I should keep using QGJ over JC and bring back 88 over Ben.

I also have 2 benched characters I've been working on. 4*Daka (she'll be 4 for a while, I think I want to star QGJ first) and 5*Phasma (she is starring up fast from GW). Daka won't be able to replace my Lumi for a while, but I can definitely see Phasma fitting in somewhere. I'm just not sure how to add her. GS and JC are gear level 8, everyone else is gear level 7.

Then there's my tank problem. I know RG is only 2* (2 shards away from 3*) but I can't get him from cantina yet so I've just been farming hard. I just got Stormtrooper Han to 4*, but he's still level 1 gear 1. I've been using all my tokens on him, so I imagine the smart move is to level and gear him up as a replacement for RG until I can get his stars up to match Han.

Should I level Han to replace RG for now? How would that change my team makeup? I simply don't have enough experience here and would really appreciate any guidance you guys can provide. Here's my profile so you can see my full roster in case I'm missing a better composition:

https://swgoh.gg/u/splat/

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So what changed with Fives? Does this mean I should stop doing his hard nodes?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
This is why I'm worried about running Old Ben. Yoda teams will just focus him first and steal all those crazy buffs. Seems like a super hard counter.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
88 has a passive that gives him extra damage and crit damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect. So you want to debuff as many enemies as possible to stack up the buff.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

... I created an alt account ...

I've been tempted to do the same. I like the idea of starting over knowing everything I do now. I made so many mistakes the first time around; they really set me back on my quest to be top of my shard. And the sooner you reach the top the sooner you start to snowball until you're unstoppable.

But the grind to level just takes way too long so I doubt I'll ever do it.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Someone in QGJ expressed interest in helping you guys if you needed it. We've definitely got some badasses over here. I'll spread the word in guild chat.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

With the kind assistance of QGJ we finished the raid.

Well, don't leave us hanging! What did you all get?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

With that, MalTwo now needs a spot in GGA or IGD. I added a few GGA people to my friend's list, and my Ally code is 934-281-319. Would like to contribute guild coins/gain guild currency from one of our guilds. Lemme know who has a free spot.

QGJ is full of slackers. We're at 43/50 so we'd definitely take you.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I'll yell at the officers in chat.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

kaschei posted:

Can't you guys just be happy for a nice thing?

I am happy, but I think it lasts two days so I've already missed out on half the event. It's so rare I'm able to participate in the events they run, and when I'm finally able to I miss out on half of it through no fault of my own.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
As if GW wasn't bad enough already. I'm glad this happened; I could use the free crystals.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

WTT furnace for scanners PST

WTT scanners for furnace 1:2

:getin:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
You'll buff a character to be tankier, but damage dealers will be buffed to do more damage. Maybe it'll just cancel itself out in the end, and what it will really do is just further amplify the advantage higher level characters have over lowbies.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So much for starring people up in cantina. You better use all that energy on mods or else you're team is going to be undergeared.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

T7 has accelerated us into the stratosphere. We may be the TryHard guild, but can we share the wealth by cycling QGJ guildies in for loot? Start a guild exchange program?

If this becomes a thing I'd be down for a taste of the try-hard life. I only have 9 7* people but I'd give it my best shot.

I'm currently in QGJ; IGN is Splat.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I cannot believe this update. The last node contained a super Rey. I checked her gear and she had all level 15 A mods. This is the second GW in a row I've failed to complete. They somehow made GW even worse than the state it was in yesterday.

gently caress this game. I am about this close to just playing Pokémon. What a disappointment.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
They updated after I spent all my cantina energy and refreshes so I'm going to be a day behind everyone else with mods. I need to get in the habit on blowing my load late at night instead of morning/afternoon. Between patches and events, it's screwed me more times than I can count.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

It also may be about time to move a few people over to QGJ to help them get T7 rolling.

MalTwo was pretty cool before he went to GGA, so I vote for MalOne.

:getin:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I vote Swag, Jerk, or Squid. They are active and pretty cool.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I have 275 credits. Thanks mods.

:suicide:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I have 113 Crystals. Thanks mods.

Yep, I'm down to 364. I can't afford anymore cantina refreshes.

MoraleHazard posted:

There should be a :f2p: smiley.

It's right here! :suicide:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Fenris13 posted:

They also incerased the cost to level them significantly, from an average of 250k to over 400k for 5 pips.

I thought I read somewhere they said the cost would not be increased? This is un-loving-believable

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
QGJ has 26 active people.

:negative:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jibo posted:

I'm dialing back quite a bit. I've got some weird health stuff going on right now and I don't really want the added stress of trying to advance in this game with the way things are right now.

I'll still do my dailies and stuff but I just wanted to apologize in advance.

Dude, it's cool. Take all the time you need. I wish you the best.

Malgrin posted:

Instead of doing GW today, I think I'm going to try out FF.

Let me know if it's any good. I'm not jumping ship without other goons.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I'm sorry, I should have clarified: I'm not jumping ship without other STAR WARS goons.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

cowofwar posted:

Should we merge the three guilds in to two?

Yes. QGJ needs help. All of a sudden we suck.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
QGJ has 11 open spots with the possibility of more if needed.

If anyone needs an invite, my ally code is 912-827-926. IGN is Splat.

Help us, goons. You're our only hope.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I invited one of you and sent an ally invite to the other. As soon as you accept that I'll send the guild invite.

As soon as you join feel free to request whatever piece of gear you need most, even if it's furnace stuff. I will always donate.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

shmeds717 posted:

Dr. Venture - sent an Ally invite as Shmeds. In GGA right now but will make the transfer to QGJ if there's still room. Thanks!

Added you as an ally, we still have plenty of room.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I feel we've been doing worse post-mods as opposed to better. But I can't blame people for getting fed up with the all bullshit we were put through.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Herux posted:

Would love to move over to IGD or QGJ whichever has room. Code: 587-335-573 and I have 3 slots left who do I make friends with?

I sent you an ally invite. Anyone else who wants in QGJ just add 912-827-926 and I'll invite you, we still have room.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
QGJ has gone from 26 active people to 32. That's an improvement, but we could still use more.

Add 912-827-926 if you want an invite.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

AegisP posted:

Do you mind fresh players who have only been around less than a week?

You won't be able to participate in our raids with anyone less than 6*, but we definitely have room for you. As soon as you join make a gear request so we can help you out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Mod challenges do not count as cantina battles for the daily, I checked.