Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

holy poo poo I hate you. I spawned at #250. Easy battles, but I didn't even start in time for payout. Looks like a couple whales, but nothing too bad.

e: Re my post above, Monday is the new Sunday

Capital Ship Upgrades Admiral Ackbar: Appears Mon, Tues, and Fri
Capital Ship Upgrades: Mace Windu: Appears Mon, Wed, and Sat
Capital Ship Upgrades: Grand Moff Tarkin: Appears Mon, Thur, and Sun
Ship Resource Challenges: Earn resources needed for Ships
Ship Building Materials: Appears Mon, Tues, and Fri
Ship Enhancement Droids: Appears Mon, Wed, and Sat
Ship Ability Materials: Appears Mon, Thur, and Sun

Spawned in at #10th and took first, that's probably the only first I will get so it's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

iGestalt posted:

Why is this a thing.

Because CG are masters of balance.

Also from initial ship arena runs everyone is just pumping geo solidat and the capital ship levels and ignoring everything else, sadly this seems like a working strat so yeah CG balance in action.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hey IGD we have a tank raid issue. While our clear times on the tank raid are getting marginally better raid participation is getting lower. I really think it would be a good idea to run some t5's or something because right now a lot of people have said gently caress this raid and are not having fun getting biweekly rewards that are frankly garbage. Almost half the guild did very minimal damage last raid and it's not a character or power issue because most of them did better damage on the first or second tank raid we did.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Karzon posted:

Tank Takedown only has two options: T6 or T7 Heroic, unfortunately.

Did not know that. That is kind of sad that they have left it a horrible buggy unbalanced mess with no way to reduce the slog. Welp there goes my suggestion to make it more enjoyable now I feel a bit bad for bringing it up.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I know this is a mobile game but if ny of you want it I can make a channel for this or general phone games channels on the new CTS we opened to replace the old CTS. INfo is in http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796734 I am in the admin area pretty much every night so if anyone is intrested just let me know and I will make you guys a channel, if I am not there I am in the sige or bf1 channels.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
How many spots open in QGJ? Also whoever kicked tab probably should have asked her what account to kick since you kicked her stronger account.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

oops wrong forum posted:

We asked several times in chat but had to get Mal in ASAP and based it off of arena ranking, I egged on Dave so you can blame me. But we can swap her accounts no sweat, or just hang tight because Mal is gonna go back to TI soon so she can have both in unless someone else is coming on board

Might not be a issue since it looks like blue stacks may have corrupted that save. I am seeing if I can manually fix it tomorrow. kill me

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

Wow, how is that even possible? I've used Bluestacks before and I'm never going back after trying out MEmu. Maybe it'll work better for you?

Yeah she is installing memu now. Blustacks tried to update something and corrupted her gems of war, stgoh and Möbius ff saves. Square fixed one, steam of all things managed to fix the gems one through cross save and well start wars is currently being hand rebuilt right now by me. gently caress blustacks so goddamn much.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
With fun fac open game for FTP what would a counter squad look like now? Fives and k2 have literal pools of life, sun fac is not much below them and dispell on basic. Who would lead and who else would be good at this squad?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
How does one build the "raid" maul that does entire phases by himself? Also droids are getting a bit weak so I need to set up a new team. Since they said they are focused on dark side I figure I may as well try a dark side team. What's the good options for FTP?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Geo Spy any good? I am building him for ships so I am wondering if him and fun sac have any use outside of that. Sun fac seems neat but he is sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

sun fac is very good. High counter chance + dispel on basic + taunt + tons of health & protection. Geo spy is garbage, but I did the same as you and unlocked him for dark side ships. Retired him once I beat the challenge.

Yeah I figured he was with such low def and hp/prot but drat for a moment I imagined using spy/vader/boba for triple execute lol. Ahh well back to gearing Maul for tank I suppose.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I am down for whatever IGD wants to do.

Ran into a team of nebit, scavenger, je + greedo and zam in GW. All speed modded so scavenger goes last and nebit first. This level 80 team blew up my wiggs teams protection in one round, I mean that's all it was good for and crumbled on turn 2 but drat it was annoying.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So with my fan *must have* setting me behind on ships by instead 7*ing maul, I kind of want to get some milage out of him. My current dark side toons I have are 7*ep, 7*rg,7*boba, 6*tfp(almost 7) all at g9, 3*with trooper(so much gear), 6*Vader, at g8. Sid and dooku are both going to be 7* this week as well. So what are my best team options? I am replacing my old droids and wiggs teams since they can't keep up anymore, all so what line up would be good for Haat since thee last one showed I was way not ready. I mean I thought I was 90ish percent ready nope more like 60%. I still have droids and wiggs for raids but I think I could be more useful if I can make a team for p1/2 since they are where we are short damage. I actually have a bunch of other dark side toons at various stages of gearing so any suggestions are welcome to include pretty much any ftp guys.

On the Haat I think pretty much everyone had one or both of Jedi and rebels so if we can break through p1/2 we probably are good on it.

I am also out of every piece of gear thanks to with trooper, holy poo poo he needs all the gears. Went from donating 10-30 pieces of gear a day to 5 most days.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
As soon as I get this sith/emp team all geared up I will take nebit and je to x at least and I am farming(normal) speed secondarys for them now so I should be able to push the p2 damage up some. Rebels are all x other than quackbar, so I have a p(3?) team 85% there. Tab is also gearing up a dark side team and finishing gx on her rebels. So we should get some bigger numbers going again soon.

Darth maul is loving amazing in gw, a few speed mods and crit damage set make him basically able to solo any noon baze/chiurrut/gk team you find in gw. And his ship :eyepop: stealth all but fives and give him retribution yes please.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

OK IGD goons, we have enough currency for a heroic tank. However in-game folks are still concerned about our ability to execute. So, respond here and let's hash out when we want to make our next serious attempt.

I have droids and rebels, but both are still the same as last attempt since I am gearing a dark side team right now. Tab has rebels again same as last time(she did very low damage due to waiting on p3/4).

So DN lead, I was thinking dooku, maul, sith trooper + ? I am kind if iffy on this one with two 3* standing out like a punch me sign. I have maul, Vader, sid, ep, tfp, rg, boba, all 6-7 stars(looking at you Vader). B2 and a bunch of others at 6ish stars low gear levels as well. Is there a dark side team that is viable without zetas? I really hosed myself on getting them and now everywhere has at least one on my shard and its going to be a while before I have any.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So is there any subs for clone Sarge in a clone team? The rest are all at or almost at 7* but him that's going to be a while.

Also :toot: zeta challenge finally rng'ed in my favor and it's 3*. Now all I need is some way to beat 9b. :smithicide:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Are any of the r1 guys viable without baze? I am slowly unlocking him through crystals and collecting them while I stew about how bullshit 9b is. Also about how many zetas do you get on average?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Chirrut owns with Baze and kind of owns without him. The other 3 aren't arena-viable, although who knows with Cassians ship, they might be real good for fleet arena. Ship hasn't released yet.

Zetas come real slow. Expect between 2 and 5/week. Some goons have reported no zetas for weeks at a time.

edit:

Anyone else a little pissed that we have Bistan and Pao... and no fuckin' Bodhi?

That few, dear lord I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Well at least chirrut is almost unlocked. I was hoping cassian + k2so + wiggs + sth might work since I dumped so much gear on k2 when he came out hoping for a droid tank.

Well on the plus side I am at least collecting people with names again, instead of tie fighter pilot Bob and his nameless buddies.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Cool, I love the game so far. Now to start the crawl to 85. By the way I need allies so I can get into one of the guilds. My ally code is 145-357-211.

Lol change that name

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Might need to look into how possible it is for a new player to get a Baze FTP means... probably not very, as you need to to be spending refreshes to keep up with your contemporaries.

I am farming him this way now and it pretty drat slow. Still worth it though.

How is echo's damage for any of you clone havers? I don't think I have ever heard anything about him negative or positive. Most of the clones except sarge are just a few shipments away from 7* with Rex, fives and echo at 7 already. Then I just have to gear them for AAT/haat stuff and maybe gw. At what point do they become useful for raids and gw and poo poo? I think arena is going to be r1 toons since I heard clones are weak since Rex needs a ai tweak.

Also bistan at least can be a 5th for just about any rebel teams he takes soooooo many turns and has some great tm manipulation tools. Cassian I am almost done gearing and will test soon and if he turns out good that would be nice since he is trivial to gear.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So many of these teams want sth but he is being saved for rebels. :argh:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

CaptainPsyko posted:

You mean for P4? STH doesn't do much for you there. Ideal rebel team for P4 lions something like Wiggs/Lando/Ackbar/Leia. (There's probably some kind of Rogue one character variant I don't know for whales.)

My Leia is not geared or leveled yet. What can replace her?

Edit if I can replace him I can run a palp, tfp, + 3 tanks since rg and sun fac just need mods.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 4, 2017

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
First node 12 - Rex (l), gk, baze chirrut, kylo all max gear/levels/skill/zeta. 2nd node 12 Rex(l), kylo, ep, b2, vader all maxed of course. 3rd node 12 full r1 maxed obviously. :wtc:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
They made 9b easier. I may have to give it another try.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

From a collectors perspective, I think it was pretty cool.

I collect all toons and lvl40 G4 them, and in retrospect, that would have been good enough for this event. Honestly I hope they keep this up.

It's only 130k credits to lvl 40 a guy, and the gear requirement is mostly just piles and piles of poo poo you won't miss anyway.

I liked this event for that reason. I just dropped piles of garbage gear and a trivial amount of credits to do the whole thing. Adding to that the replay part having a really nice mix of squads to fight (not so much on the ship side) made this event pretty fun. I wish they would give us the non ship part of the replay in some area so we could have the ability to test arena teams. It wouldn't reflect actual arena fights though since mods but it would be nice.

Also :toot: baze and chirrut are almost ready. Cassian g9, k2 g9, and bistan g8 7*. Jyn though 4* that's taking forever. I think I am a month or two from full r1. So my question is should I save my all my zetas or should I zeta kylo since I will finally 7 star him during double drops and he is already 85 g8 or around there.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Tab has to work a bunch of overtime in the next few weeks so if she misses a day or so that is why.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Man I'm sucking at this Luke event, any tips?

I did one tier 3 on tabs account and bonus on mine.

Normal tier mostly just focus the raiders and everyone survives fine. Nebits taunt reduces everyone's cooldowns so je can mostly heal and give turn meter, and js can have a field day with his aoe thermal detonator fun since the tuskan crit a lot. I had good luck with saving all the aoe for after the taunts.

Bonus tier I beat with a 85g9 Luke with a 5* crit avoidance arrow, 1* crit damage triangle (better to use a crit damage set for constant 1hk on raiders). Mods sets were potency but since I could kill everything but the last boss with a single primary or secondary attack it didn't matter. I think I was around +1200ish protection, +6ish speed, +800ish health. Crit hit was 48% after mods. Crit damage was about 167% but one shaman did take 2 shots and the boss was about 5. Luke lived with 2 bars of health. I probably got lucky but if you changed the mod set to crit damage + whatever and focused on crit hit and health/protection it would probably be easier. As long as you can kill the raiders in one shot your probably fine and I found the crit avoidance arrow was better than the speed arrow.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Is there a relatively low gear requirement darkside team that requires no zetas? I am really only looking to clear the darkside hard nodes so its not for arena or anything like that. Haven't really put much into dark side so I am open to anything that is not going to cost me 6 months of gear farming.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

EP and imps + boba fett, borrow darth vader

Thats not to bad I have boba/ep/rg all at gear 9. my next highest imp is tfp and magma, at 8 and 7 the rest are not geared or leveled really so if there is a better choice than magma I can replace him pretty easy. I probably should replace RG but other than shore(not unlocked) I am not sure who to use.

Edit oh yeah if I want to drop a second Zeta on my R1 team suggestions between Cassian/K2S0/Jyn(stun impunity)? Or just save it?

xyigx fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 31, 2017

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So yeah R1 zeta's answer Zeta Jyn (both if you feel like it. Cassian and K2 zetas are rear end and not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I am taking a break from this for a bit. I need a break from the grinder that is this game. I will most likely be back in a bit when I am less burnt out on it. I will still be logging in here and there a few times a week but that's about it for now.