Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I hate mods and don't want to have to make choices in customising my characters.

Can someone recommend what mods to use on what characters?

My team is Poggle, Ig88, ig86, Geonosian Soldier, and sun fac.

Right now I am just throwing whatever mods I get on them but I need a plan. I assume health and offence are good ones to focus on. Maybe crit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Malgrin posted:

1,3,5 are basically always going to be offense, defense, protection. For healers where you actually care about the heal, you can go gealth over prot.

For damage dealers, you want a crit damage set, and either a potency or health set. For mods 2/4/6 you want speed, crit d, and then potency, prot, or off.
For non damage dealers, you generally want a speed set and a potency set. 2/4/6 are generally going to be speed, protection, and potency, but for tanks you often just want all protection.

Poggle: depends on how much you want to land the ability block. Probaly just tank him up with speed and protection, but potency isn't terrible on him. Speed set and probably healtg set, but potency would be fine.

88/86/GS: see dmg dealers. Potency, prot, prot would be my rec for 6th slot.

Sun Fac: speed set and potency set. Speed, protection, potency.

Thanks for the help but I don't understand the 1,3,5 and 2,4,6. Does that refer to the mod shape?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Thank you very much for the help. I still don't like the idea of customizing individual characters. I liked just customizing my team. But maybe mods will make previously lovely characters more viable.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I'm curious. How often are you goon guilds doing raids? The guild I'm in is barely doing two a week.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Malgrin posted:

We haven't done less than 2 T7 raids per week since we started T7. I think we're around 22-25k coins per day, and we need more active players! Add me as a friend and join IGD

Added you. In game name is Daz

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Have an expose question. It is supposed to damage 20% health when damage is taken. Is that 20% on top of the damage from the attack? If not it seems pretty crap.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Been working on a resistance team. Poe (L), Rey, Trooper, Pilot plus one other. Probably Leia or poggle. How dumb is this?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I don't have strong feelings either way. What time zone do we go by?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Mr. Neutron posted:

I would actually prefer more things to do with the characters we already have instead of a whole new grind. Mods were bad enough :(

100% agree. This game is already bloated enough.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I wish ships was just a separate thing. This game is already bloated

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What the hell is Jedi Knight Guardian anyway? Some weird humanoid mouse? Is that the same race as Manny Bothans?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

lol Manny Bothans? Can't believe I've never encountered that before.

He died to get the info for Death Star 2

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
A lot of that list doesn't make sense. Wtf does Kylo Ren have to do with ships?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What about chewbacca and Dooku? They are literally shown piloting ships within the main series

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Where are you getting info on the zeta abilities?

Edit: nevermind. It's in game. Do only some characters get zeta?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So what's the best use for ship tokens right now? I'm leaning towards Zetas and Sun Fac

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Do we know if there are plans for a separatists fleet commander?

Nute gunray would be awesome.

UmOk fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 27, 2016

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Malgrin posted:

I would still stay away form spending fleet currency on Vader. At this point, he can get most of the way to 7* just from achievements, and if you buy him whenever he shows up in the shard shop, problem solved. Plus, there's really no use for him once he hits 7* (I have him there, he's level 80, G10, and I have no clue what to do with him).

I mean, that's not me saying don't get him to 7*, I just wouldn't spend fairly valuable currency on him.

I don't even know what to spend ship currency on. I have just been buying Sun Fac shards and the occasional ship shard. I have no real plan because I just can't get interested in this ship junk beyond wanting those sweet sweet zetas. Have you made a post about what to spend on what ships?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What gear level is needed on rebels to 7 star emporer?

I have Lando and STH at max level gear 10. Biggs at 7* but wedge is still 4 and I don't see any way to seven star him before the event. I have a 7 AA at level 1 and Leia is in 70s at g8 I think. What is my best option here?

UmOk fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 7, 2016

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is there any overlap between characters that are good for tank and ones good for rancor?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What about the other rancor phases?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Goons make all games better

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I know it's been asked before but is there a resource for mods? Like which ones are best for each character?

I hate mods

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So crit chance set is no bueno?

Also: I've been working on raid teams. Is G9 gonna be able to cut it? Getting 20 dudes to G10 is a pretty daunting task,

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I really want to five star the speed challenge with minimum investment in a resistance squad. I have all five at g8 right now. All 7star except Finn at 5. Any recommendations?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I have been working my P1 team. Should I abandon that and focus on P2 for now? For IGD

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

OK IGD goons, we have enough currency for a heroic tank. However in-game folks are still concerned about our ability to execute. So, respond here and let's hash out when we want to make our next serious attempt.

My P2 team isn't there yet. Or my P1, but I have been putting all resources to droids/jawas.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Anyone been able to get in? Got messages saying my energy was full but of course I can't do anything about it

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I didn't get an update

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Vulpes posted:

I love how the first thing they do after releasing an amazing QoL change to team selection is release an event that not only doesn't allow you to select your teams, but doesn't even remember them between days/levels so you have to select them manually every single time. :bravo:

Agree. What the gently caress is that poo poo?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

Maybe I sound harsh but when Endor sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending Ewoks that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with them. They’re bringing gourd instruments, they’re bringing make shift weaponry, they’re insurgents, and some, I assume, are good people.

Jawas? Jawas are a good industrious people.

gently caress. This is funny poo poo

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
IGD question: What phase of tank raid should we be focusing on after phase 2 droids? I'm trying to plan ahead regarding what guys I need to level.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

I love my dead gay Mace. He was my first chromium pack 4* from launch and I always held out on the notion they'd buff him up. Years later... He drives a ship?

Mace has been 0 damage sacrificed to the Rancor countless times

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Malgrin posted:

P3 is the hardest phase, and there's no silver bullet. Chirpatine can break a million, but if you're just building that squad, expect more like 500-700k. This means you're looking at 15-20 guys to have that squad. If you don't have Chirpatine put together, you can farm OB and Ugnaught -- super high dodge.

I thought p2 was supposed to be hardest. Any suggestions on how to mod droid team for p2?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

two_step posted:

I use luke for this. If CG wants to make poo poo characters, I will throw poo poo characters at the raid.

There's at least five cool ways to have Luke as a character just from his movie appearances. Why do we have weird elephant gun Luke?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
If we have raid han at seven stars should we be staying at 0 dmg?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I just want the space mans and ladies to shoot the other space mans and ladies. Also I like that the numbers go up.

But what should I be concentrating on? Grinding sharts out for things that'll have synergy with each other? Like if I make a stormtrooper squad or something?

Gotta grind out those sharts

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Honestly I'm grinding for the normal Stormtrooper just so I have another warm body in the DS regular battles. It's only something like 15 or 20 sharts, so I should be able to get it pretty quick.

Your auto correct is hilarious. I'm a five year old.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I have my Droids all G10. Who should go to G11 first? I'm assuming JE. Asking for best P2 results not arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Hixalot posted:

Yeah sorry, work has sucked a lot of spare time lately. You can replace me.

Edit: or things should be back to normal starting this week if that's cool.

You must be an accountant lol