Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

This is kinda a frustrating issue for player retention in that it seems like there's no mechanic whatsoever for catching up to your immediate context if you take a break longer than a day or two. Similar games offer the ability to switch to a younger server/shard, or just straight up don't measure rewards in terms of your performance compared to people who started playing at the same time as you

It's actually worse. They are actively collapsing cohorts. Unless a group of 20ish people who have been playing since November said "I'm tired of not being in the sub 50 game" and all became whales with 7* Leias. Previously there was one active in the sub 50. Now almost every team 20 to 1 has one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Ok so I took the biggest chance tonight and it was amazing.

I have no real goals in arena/cantina shipments/GW so I just been loving around and spending poo poo anywhere. After the Ewok event I had a L40 6* Teebo so from the discussion here or somewhere else about leader abilities being fixed, I dropped 3.7M credits bringing him to L78 and then maxxed all his skills. By the time I did that I was on my 4th attack of the night vs Rancor.

I had 0 slowing chars left.

I had 0 healers left.

I had 0 offense up left.

Teebo doesn't even have purple gear and had 0 protection.

The team did 400k damage before they went down. Almost as much as I had done with my main team.

Next raid I'm going to go with two heavy hitting A teams like:

Phasma L (slow), QGJ (TM), Lumi(H), FOTP, Kylo
Teebo L (TM), 5s (slow), Bariss (H) (Wish I had a 6 or 7 star elder for synergy), Rey, GS

It's really exciting how well that drat teddy bear did.

EDIT: Also set up my profile http://swgoh.gg/u/hughlander/

Hughlander fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 8, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

MoraleHazard posted:

In the challenges, on the final battle, do you shoot the support droids first, or the Boss?

Auto all the fights and let RNGesus be your guide.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I got QGJ to Gear X last night. He's a loving beast 7700 power rating.

And get this: There's a good chance I hit Gear XI in the next two weeks. He needs 32 more raid pieces that I brought last night with guild points, and then he needs level 80 for one other item that I already have made. It's almost stupid 90% of my roster is gear VIII and he's going to get to XI.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

No talk about the new chromium chars in shipments for 80 crystal per shard? What's that? 80$ or so to go from 6* to 7*?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Anyone finish Cantina 7? Didn't have a problem 3 staring RG but the one after it wrecked me now that I have 7* RG. I lost a Lum and Phasma in the opening turn, and the phase 2 guy did a weird not an AE that hit kylo and killed aka somehow. I didn't even get to phase 3...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Twigand Berries posted:

So my iphone took a swim today and I have replaced it. Having never logged into game center (because it's obnoxious and annoying) it turns out my account is gone for good. I'm going to fire off one last email pleading for help, but most likely I'm out. QGJ, if I haven't logged in for awhile, please feel free to remove me.

E: Yup. It's gone. They offered me 10000 crystals for a new account. I've been playing for seven or eight months. I'm a whale. 10000 crystals is nothing. Feel free to boot Cap'n Kirk. It's been fun.

Ouch. No iTunes backup or local backup for 8 months? Did you link Facebook? Can they find by that?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I've been out most the past week and a half moving. Will the empire/rebel event repeat like Yoda? I assume so since there is an achievement but was there a post saying so?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

The team that scares me the most is one with Old Ben (L) and ST Han. If you let Han get his taunt off, he's immediately followed by Ben's massive debuff (which includes ability block and offense down), so you can't dispel the taunt and you end up softly tapping Han. At this point I usually end up selecting my maximum stun team (Dooku, Daka, RG) and hope that I manage to get one of them suppressed.

Also, because there's an achievement for the Imperial event, I'm sure it'll return. The Yoda event will be back tomorrow.

Honestly I don't fear that team too much. I run Dooku, Rey, QGJ, RG, Dakka, (your max stun team I guess) and I find St Han squishy that he just gets taken out fast. I usually just stun the opposing QGJ with Dooku because everyone runs QGJ and then kill St Han. If he taunts it's usually after his protection is gone. Sometimes I'll stun him but usually not. (And never stun him on a team with RG and ST Han)

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

So basically you want a hard counter to taunt with all the benefits but no drawbacks. Or for someone who puts s low damage taunted on their team to get no damage or benfit from the choice since the taunt won't have any impact?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Can one of the million plus phase 1 damage guys explain how? I just went 14 rounds doing what I thought was great to end was 53k damage done. I was running Teebo Aa qgj Lum and RG. I was able to chain stun dispel etc... But it just didn't come together. Do you skip the stun and Tm for more DPS? More Rebels and aa leader? What does it look like?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Keep in mind Rabidsquid doesnt have a max team, so whatever algorithm is broken in GW may not affect him due to his squad's power level. I think once you're near 30k you start getting turbo hosed on final node. And when you reach 35k you get the weird thing where you get turbo hosed on other nodes and then it errors out trying to find a team to really turbo gently caress you and rolls back around to nothing which is why you get those weird 3* squads.

Didn't read this post and autoed this morning while getting ready for work. Lost my full Jedi team on fight 6.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Just thought about this...

How much do you want to bet there's a roll-over in the ranking code and it was July 1 12:00 GMT when the matches were seeded.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

No i didn't suspect seeding happened at the same time but rather that the bucket resets on a month rollover. Let's see what 7/31 looks like and if we bitch then. I didn't even do any pvp on 6/29 for my rank to change but the opponent makeup was vastly different.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

It's actually a problem with IGD that we need to fix.

So, IGD people, we need a solution to this whole killing T7 raids too fast thing. I don't know what it is. Maybe each person needs to limit themselves to 10%, then try to escape/die? I really want these raids to last longer than 3 hours, because otherwise it isn't fair. We have people from a bunch of different time zones and work schedules, so while 9AM Pacific seems to be a good time for most people, obviously not everyone is going to get on within an hour or two.

I'm very open to suggestions.

e: Also, if you haven't participated in this raid, please get in. Also, don't do damage (at least not much). Bring a lovely comp and go in there and die. You'll get on the leaderboard with 0 damage.

Wait a week for a raid rebalancing patch that expects Mods or a new raid to spend points on?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

SW:GOH chat.

Finally got another Furnace, not sure who to put it on... https://swgoh.gg/u/hughlander/collection/gear-needed/

Character Gear Level
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 10
IG-86 Sentinel DroidIG-86 Sentinel Droid 10
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 10
ReyRey 9
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 9
Princess LeiaPrincess Leia 9
IG-88IG-88 9
Poe DameronPoe Dameron 9
Jedi ConsularJedi Consular 9
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 9
Count DookuCount Dooku 8
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 8
Princess LeiaPrincess Leia 8
Luminara UnduliLuminara Unduli 8
IG-86 Sentinel DroidIG-86 Sentinel Droid 8
IG-88IG-88 8
Poe DameronPoe Dameron 8
Jedi ConsularJedi Consular 8
HK-47HK-47 8
Asajj VentressAsajj Ventress 8
Captain PhasmaCaptain Phasma 8
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 8

Rey would hit G10, Leia would hit G9, those seem obvious choices... Dooku and Daaka would also go to G9 and I swap those around on Arena a lot. All the droids would hit G9. Guh!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Wish the loving empire event would come back. I want my Vadar shards.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

cowofwar posted:

All the top arena peeps getting on the anakin bandwagon.

I'm on it for the hard GW nodes. He's a counter to RG. If you face him on defense just kill him first even before Rey. You don't want to eat a death powered AE.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I think that 0 damage experiment was a failure. I got one Han Solo shard instead of my usual 3-7. At this point I'm resolved he'll never hit 7 stars and I probably will never unlock him.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Wish I read here blew 750k leveling HRS instead of starring him. Need 2.5M credits to hit 5 7* and that will leave 3 chars in the 60/.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Bloated kit but I suppose that's okay for the major characters. First impressions - he seems very strong, even without other Empire/Sith around. His basic inflicts a new kind of debuff - Shocked, which prevents healing, buffs and TM gains. He has an aoe stun (70% chance but still crazy) and offense up for the entire team. I think Empire/Sith teams with him leading will definitely become viable.

He needs a speed mod though because he is kinda slow (130ish).

Since his basic shocks it sounds like an interesting counter for attacking taunters. Particularly if you can make an ae team work like jka londo him 88 and vadar

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Well, I got surprise sex in the arena today. Emperor, vadar, Lando, 88, RG. First two had massive speed mods or maybe leader gives speed cuz they went early, before lando early. Had no chance 3/5 of a 40k team dead during the aE.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

You can see it shifting there already, the future arena meta is AOE damage.

Time for healers! Next need to take Talias heal and make it fire when not her turn like RGs taunt...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

WerrWaaa posted:

Last night I hit Level 80. Baller. Who do I omega first? QGJ basic seems like the best bet, for Arena and Raid and whateverthefuckelse.

Qgj then Rey x3. Then see what the meta is for you. Dakka stun is huge if you use her. GS's unique is almost too OP Etc....

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

I pulled a dick move on my arena team. I'm now running AA (L), Lando, STH, Emperor, QGJ. Including AA's buff, my speeds are now: AA - 188, Lando - 187, STH - 173, Emp - 177, QGJ - 164. This means that AA goes first, and when controlled by AI, he always uses Tac genius first. Then Lando goes and uses his AOE. Assuming he gets 2 crits (46% so pretty good chance), he then gets crit chance up, attacks immediately again, and gets to use his AOE again, which now has crit up and deals 100% more damage. This is followed by Emperor's stun everybody and an STH taunt. Then QGJ goes and removes RG's taunt -- cause let's face it, after Lando double AOEs, he is going to be taunting.

I would recommend this team and reordering your speed until you have this order, it's pretty amazing. It's also holding up better on defense than I have been lately (currently rank 18). I'm still unable to break into top 5 because their emperors are just too fast. Apparently running Wiggs means that speed is a lot more important though, so I'm going back to working on that and then returning to mod farming later.

What mods are you running there?

And a more general question as someone who doesn't really pay attention to mods how does it really work? Do you go farm the challenge you want then spend 200k to get it to 12 to see if it has the bonuses you want and if not you ignore it and try again? I hit top 20 with just having a handful of mods but feel I want to make a push for top 10 again.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jerkface posted:

They need to make a 100% mod drop rate weekend. I got 0 mods in my last 8 pulls, wtf. I have like 50 of the stupid rectangle offense mods and no arrows or triangles. Mods loving suck rear end.

Kylo sucks rear end too, but I still got him 7* ready, G7, and Im currently leveling him to 80 because he owns. I dont care if he does no damage, him and his moves look cool.

When 60 was the level cap I kept rank 1 for like 3 weeks with plasma lead, kylo, Sid, Lum, fotp. 3 first order was so many attacks.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Spakstik posted:

Given how every new character seems to be more overpowered than the last, I bet R2D2 is going to have some mass debuff that causes all attacks against those afflicted to be critical hits and lasts 3 turns.

Nah he's light side. It'll be a group buff that every attack is an undodgeable cry.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Whales, tell me about admonidium packs or whatever. How many packs have it taken you to get the main character of it to 7 stars? Have you gotten a premium character up from the 4 point shipments on it?

I'm really regretting never getting sun fac. His kit is so stupid op...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dr. Venture posted:

Character restrictions were something I hadn't considered, but I love the idea. I'd also be happy with the rewards being as simple as cuffs and syringes.

I'm going to totally dominate the Night Sister bracket.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Holy poo poo tie pilot has 164 speed....he's going to be loving unstoppable. I'm going to start saving all of my currencies (except GW) so I can pour whatever he costs into him. Knowing CG they'll just put him in Cantina Battles anyways, but, can't hurt to try.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/tie-fighter-pilot/

Nah he'll be in SHIP_GRIND just wait.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

As for Shoretrooper, I would highly recommend farming a droid/jawa squad asap, pretty much Nebit, JE, B2, 88, 86. They should counter him pretty handily.

Alternatively I do think that Emperor lead squads should do well against him...but you definitely need a debuffer so that you can apply shock to everyone else.

That droid squad was my first thought for a PvZ defense squad.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Hey, so, not really any one thing, but, I'm getting ready to move over to another guild. I'll still be around here and post things and whatever, but, I recently found out I have a friend in a legit guild...so who wants to be the new leader? Also, I've sometimes regretted joining pubbie guilds, so, I may want to come back (to this or QGJ - although still not as guild leader). So...who wants to run the ship?

I'll do it with keeping current policies and discussing poo poo in thread if people want a change.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zone of Danger posted:

Can I get an opinion on the viability of this team for the crit chance rank 3 mod challenge?

Lando G10
IG-88 G10
ST Han G10
Boba G8
Cad Bane G8

I know the last two aren't great, but for opportunity cost/ease of farming they made sense. I usually end the first round with Cad almost dead from AOEs and it goes downhill from there. G8 isn't great but I don't want to spend anything of value on Cad or Boba if I can help it, and my line for furnaces and cuffs is pretty long. I'd like to be able to 3* this but I'm not sure it's likely with this group? Some changes I could make:

-farm up Chewie instead of Cad? He'd be tougher at least, but I don't know how well I could handle the last round without even the chance of stunning Han.
-Mods. I don't have this team fully modded out, I've been spending cantina energy on shards. Even with a full set of semi-appropriate 5* health mods, would this team be viable?

That was my exact team. Secret to those I think is just move rank 15 mods onto the chars, beat it and remove them. If you do, do the rebel one with londo and sth still modded up

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, after seeing that I assume players are pooled by region. Which still sucks for us late starters. It's a whale's game anyway - absolutely zero chance I will ever acquire the Shoretrooper. On the plus side, chances are no-one else on my shard will either, so I won't have to deal with it in Arena.

That's really negative for not even seeing the end of the first event. For all you know you get 5 shards just for doing a single fight.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Spakstik posted:

Which game are you playing?

E: here is a breakdown of how it works. In a turn of events that should surprise no one, it heavily favors people who shell out money for the game.

Hey that looks exactly like what I said.

quote:

unless you are doing a lot of crystal refreshes per day, you're unlikely to get anything except some credits (200k) and a few (5) Shoretrooper shards

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

That was an interesting tournment, I think it was a lot less auction than most expected. On my shard there were only 3 going for the top...

#4 had 7.9k
#3 had 10.0k
#1 had 10.1k

Whoever hits #1 will probably not monetize much next time, and I bet all the top 3 will just want to finish the character. First time on a new char expect big spending but after that it'll calm down a lot.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

So it's probably obvious but it wasn't obvious to me until today.... Palpatine owns for p1/p2. His basic prevents the boss from getting turn meter back, and shock isn't dispelled in p2 so you always have a debuff keeping the armor down. I finished p1 with 8 turns till enrage today because offense up was almost always up from palps 3rd...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

When I tried this, I saw him still gaining TM. I will test it again.

It was way different than having Rey there. It may be just my memory vs the double and triple hits but I'm mostly sure you can test it with fives omega double tap.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Any list of what shards are in new cantina/light/dark data Mined?.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

xyigx posted:

Not sure mal could laugh he has/had a better cad bane than I did lol

Cad Bane was a cheap way to help out the scoundral event before you'd mod up 88 IMO. I'm not sorry I did it.