Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ijii posted:

I've been playing about 3 weeks and am level 52. A good thing about this game is that it groups new players with new players. So it's not like you'll end up doing Squad Arena and Galactic War with level 85 people. My biggest aggravation with the game so far as a FTP player is when you get to about the top 100 in squad arena, you'll start fighting against whales. They have characters like Baze and Chirrut which are impossible to fight against.

So you're not doomed, but don't expect to be slaying every squad you come against in SA and GW.

There are a lot of players who create alts so they can get in the top 5 arena right away on a new shard and then use the crystals to go straight for the harder-to-get characters that new players won't figure out for a while. It's kind of annoying.

Some people do that so they can experiment on new teams and focus on new synergies that they don't want to slow down for on their main account and that annoys me less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I started an alt account on my Galaxy phone just to see what the grind is like from scratch now.

My initial LS team was the freebies 3* Luke/ 3* CW Chewie/EW Scout/Clone Sergeant/2 *JC and then I pulled Ewok Elder from a Bronzium pack. EE isn't really that useful early on because you need a lot of DPS to get going.

I got to level 18 pretty quickly just by running through LS regular and hard battles in the first 2 stages and some dark side. By the time I got to the middle of LS stage 3, I was at GL 3 and level 20ish with my LS team so I could auto everything.

DS is a little hard because of the scarcity of characters right away. Snowtrooper/RG/Talia isn't great. I think a lvl 85 player would only have a real use for RG.

I guess the first big question for a new player would be what DS character to chase right away? I'm thinking the recommendation would be to grind Cantina 1-E for Lando shards and then convert the Cantina credits toward Daka since she becomes essential pretty early in DS stages?

So I guess, for newbies, get your LS gear level up quickly, train them up to your level. Use Cantina energy on Lando and Daka first and then switch cantina credits to unlock Fett? Is it even worth wasting a lot of time on hard mode nodes early on or just try to plow through to the hard mode 5th stage of LS/DS where JKA's shards are available?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 30, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pyronic posted:

PRO TIP: If you are having trouble with the 1v1 event duel with Kanan Jarrus, your Leadership ability is still active, I just brought Barris lead and Ezra outheals all of Kanan's damage.

Or JKA for leet deeps.

It took me a minute to figure that out after he wiped the floor with me the first time.

also, do everything you can to protect Ezra's protection bars because it gives you a headstart

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I also forgot about the free pilot characters you get as you unlock various levels and do the pilot challenges.

On my alt, I'm going to ditch the Clone Sergeant for a while for RP who is cool and fast. I feel like the Sergeant is only good as a member of a clone team unless someone knows something I don't.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 30, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Could I get some higher level allies for my alt?
161-512-579

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Don't bother. Work on Boba from Cantina credits, and borrow heroes to beat DS missions

poo poo, this has been especially true on Kit Fisto nodes because that slight buff they gave him a long while ago makes him really loving hard to defeat with a similar level team now.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Davethulhu posted:

So IGD is gonna kick off the heroic tank later tonight. Please be aware of the special rules for this raid:

1. P1 is limited to people who have zeta kylo. This may not be necessary in the future, but i'd like to maximize our potential damage.
2. For the remaining phases, please observe the spreadsheet to see which teams are best for which phase.

If we can break through p2, we'll have surpassed our previous attempts, so here's hoping.

good luck, goons.

may the... eh, you know

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I accidentally fliped the speed to 1x for the first time since they allowed changing the speed and I'm so thankful I figured that out and that my phone wasn't dying. It's comedic gold to see how slow the animations look by comparison now.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 6, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm pretty amused at how bad the AI is in Fleet Arena.

Only 3 ships left and reinforcement is available with 3 ships in the chute? gently caress reinforcements, go ahead and fire the cannon!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Anyone else disappointed in the Rise Together event?

I like the ships, but it seems like the event was just created to get us to waste training droid on 2-4* characters many players won't use.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Also, 1,000 credits for doing the Stand Together portion of the event? Are you loving kidding with this poo poo?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'd like to get to the point where I can actually do the zeta challenges. My DS ships are pitiful (I've just got TFP/FOTFP/Geo Soldier). I'm working on unlocking Slave I. I, sadly, don't have any other Genosians unlocked or Maul (who I'm definitely getting to). Any guidance anyone can offer as far as what's a reasonable path to getting at least to the requirements for the final Ship Abilities challenge? How many ships do I need beyond the requirements to finish the challenge?

My initial Fleet Store strategy was to just work LS ships up to 5 stars to form a viable arena team and unlock higher levels of the challenges. Now I'm focusing on Biggs' ship and DS ships (both in fleet and GW stores) now and trying to get vader to 7* (40 shards away). I thought, after Vader's done, I'd pump everything in fleet to get Maul unlocked? Should I just save fleet currency for him right now?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 18, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What's up with LS/DS nodes becoming more difficult on replays. Sometimes I start a node and there are only 2 Jawa (for example) in the first stage while other times I start the same node and there are 3 or 4? Is that an actual mechanic (making the node harder on replays) or does the game just randomly generate a certain number of enemies on each stage of a node and I'm only noticing it when it's harder?

E: For example, I'm replaying a node on my alt and, on the third or fourth attempt, the first stage went from 2 to 3 Battle Droids and then replaced one of the 4 droids on the 2nd stage with a B2 Droid.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 19, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

What are people using to get past the final stage of the Super Commando event? I just turned 80 and my rebel team is still 75 (mostly 7*) and my other teams are 70 and I'm having trouble finishing off Kanan and Ezra at 80.

Use someone who can scrub Kanan's taunt and then get a dot on Ezra asap. Nuke Ezra then go back to Kanan.

fishtobaskets posted:

I think we have a few spots coming open in QGJ for anybody looking for a goon guild. Reg AAT goes down reasonably quick and HRancor on farm.

You can contact me here or mention me in discord w your ally code and I'll work on an invite.

How do we feel about alts in QGJ, assuming there are open spots? I have a couple characters closing in on 7 stars on my alt.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 20, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dr. Venture posted:

He isn't Sith and I think that was his point. Besides, Kylo not being Sith on a zMaul team is actually a good thing. Kylo likes to be hit and if you're entire team is stealthed the enemy can target whoever they like. Without the Sith tag he doesn't stealth and effectively tanks for your team.

Making him effectively another Sun Fac, in some ways, who is the bane of my existence. I really loving hate retribution + taunt.

Dely Apple posted:

Probably an Empire or FO style event where I need to grind three months to simply get him and toss him on the to-finish pile like Trophy Yoda. Poor Jedi.

The final stage requires 5 5* FO characters. :P

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Malgrin posted:

While Tarkin is an easier farm, he's fairly worthless right now. Maybe that'll change with the next patch, but they're focused on imperial troopers, so I expect we'll see improvements to Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Magmatrooper. I'm guessing they will leave Tarkin as is, or give him a zeta that makes him marginally better. If they give us some more imperial ships with this patch, then maybe Tarkin will be worth it as FC.

I wouldn't farm Snowtrooper over RG though, RG is a boss.

If you think you'll be cutting it close, how hard would it be to get Magma to 5*? He sucks, but GW is an easy farm.

Are they going to fix the Snowtrooper's AI so he's not an idiot on Auto Battle, though? It's been that way since the game launched.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 28, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mr. Neutron posted:

Just like old Anakin's (and current Asajj) aoe, he won't use his unless an enemy is at low HP because he gets a buff from killing them.

So he will pretty much never use it on auto battle.

Right, he will almost only use it at the very end of a stage when you've already won.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

Thinking of giving this game another whirl as other mobile games lose their shine. Does anyone know if there's a way to reset my account and start from level 1? I'd prefer to be just starting from scratch on a new shard, rather than be lapped for like half a year's worth of content by everyone on my old shard

Definitely don't try to continue your old account. I took almost 6 months off and it makes the game really frustrating even though I'm still dragging along the corpse of my original account.

I started a new alt account and it's kind of nice to get a fresh start to build your teams along the lines of the way the game works now even though some of the event characters were nice to have (Nihilus, especially). On the flip side, you get free unlocks of a lot of the pilot characters and tons of ally points to help you build of shards of the less-coveted but still useful characters. If you're not paying anything to play, though, don't expect to rocket into the top 5 teams on your shard or anything, which is the real benefit of having a new account.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I can't imagine any reality in which I could find myself paying $19.99 to gear/shard up snowtrooper. Like, if I won that billion dollar powerball payout from a year or so ago, I still couldn't bring myself to do it.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Read the OP, for real. It's not outdated.

One thing about the OP: You can 7* Lando long before you can start working on Wedge in Cantina (requires level 69 but you can finish Lando way before that). What would you all say to do in that situation? Work on Biggs so you're that much closer to Wiggs when Wedge is available or just skip to TFP?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ceros_X posted:

Started playing like a week ago or something. I went off the official forum sticky about what to get (Storm Trooper Han Solo, Boba Fett) but looking through the goon OP I don't see either of those mentioned. Here are my dudes, who should I be focusing on? My squad currently is Chewie / Talia / Jedi Consular / Cassia Andor / Royal Guard in which I have a pretty solid stun bot, debuffer, heal, taunt team but I am sure this won't hold up later in the game. Just unlocked some Droids (thanks Bronzium!) and STHS/Luminara, trying to figure out what to train and what to let wither.

Also is there a way to set your Squad Arena lineup or is it always just your top 5 most powerful dudes?

There is a ton of text in this thread OP, for good reason, so I'm just reposting the critical part at the bottom of this.

For DS characters (other than Boba at first): you can skip on developing them except for the bare minimum to keep them alive through a Dark Side battle and just ally with high level goons in order to beat dark side nodes.

Wiggs (Wedge+Biggs) is insanely good when you put them together so that's really the most efficient path to follow.

Here's why rebel teams are awesome until you can get a better team:

Wedge's basic attack owns and adds armor down and he he has an AOE attack that owns. When he's the leader, he allows all rebels to do more damage (including himself - always remember that leader bonuses buff the leader as well), heal when they crit, and heal when they defeat an opponent. With Biggs on board, you can one shot almost any mid-level opponent with his special attack (it calls Wedge plus another ally) and his synergy with Wedge buffs both characters.

Lando has an AOE attack that gets stronger and refreshes every time it crits at least 2 opponents plus he gets the +damage from Wedge.

Use ST Han as the tank for the team so that, when he taunts, he is protecting 2 AOE characters, 1 of which can potentially AOE for increasing amounts of damage on every turn. Lando is insanely good when this works.

The fifth member of your squad should be someone who can remove buffs (Boba and later QGJ) so that you can remove your opponent's taunts. You don't necessarily need a healer in Squad Arena.

You can also lead with Lando which adds speed and +crit damage to your rebels/scoundrels. Speed is always great in Arena because sometimes the winner is just determined by who attacks first.

My leveling strategy was to push through every DS/LS level as far as I could so that I could get my level up in order to get my characters' levels up as fast as possible. Once I hit a node I couldn't defeat on the first try or capped out due to my level, then I'd focus on gearing up characters.

Luminara is the best healer early in the game. Abandon Talia as soon as you can. Nobody uses her at high levels. She also dies easily at low levels. The point is to build a DS team that can just stay alive while your level 85 ally character does all the wok for you.

Jedi Counselor is nice but, once again, focus on Lumi.

Don't put too many resources into Chewie. Han is the better tank for LS.

As you get close to level 60, you will have to start choosing just 6 or so characters to work on. You won't have enough credits to level every character at that point. You will want to have 4 compentant scoundrels to do the credit heists/training droid heists (Lando, Han, Boba, Chewie).

the op posted:

Priority Heroes (Roughly in order):
LS/DS Hard mode: Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Clone Sergeant, FOTP, JC, Baze, Shoretrooper.
Cantina battles: Lando, Wedge, Tie Fighter Pilot, Kylo Ren, Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, B2, Aayla, Geonosian Soldier, Chief Chirpa
Cantina credits: Boba, QGJ, Bistan, Ahsoka, Fives, Hoth Rebel Scout, FOO
Arena credits: Stormtrooper Han, IG-88, Admiral Ackbar, Leia, HK-47, Chief Nebit
Galactic War credits: Lumi, Teebo, Biggs, Phasma, IG-86
Guild Credits: Rex, Darth Maul, Sun Fac, Jawa Engineer, Jyn, Clones

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 10, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MoraleHazard posted:

Apart from the gambling whale meta, my only real complaint about this game is how cantina energy is used for both shards and mods. I'm always chasing after the next character, so very little of my energy is put into mods.

Mods were definitely a gift to the whaling side of the community. You can spend just a little money and it helps your mods out a good bit but mods are, from what I can tell, what makes whalers far more flexible when major changes happen.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

Dont level/gear chewie at all. You can 3* the last credit heist w boba/sth/lando and a bit of luck

I only worked on Chewie because, after Han, Lando, Boba, and 88, he was my next easiest scoundrel to level/gear in order to finish the scoundrel mod challenge.

Also, for GW, Lando/88/Boba/Chewie plus a healer make a nice little scoundrel team that can clear a lot of nodes and save my better teams for 6/9/11/12.

Also, can I just mention that RG sucks really really bad until you get him geared/starred up?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 10, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

Yeah there should maybe be a TL;DR summary of the OP for new players that says something like:
Get STH, Boba, Lando, and Lumi. Farm whatever hard node (Dooku) to meet your daily, then spend the rest of your energy plus 2× 50 crystal refreshes on unlocking/farming gear. Don't buy chromium packs. Spend extra crystals on 2x cantina refreshes, arena refreshes, and Baze/Nihilus shards from shipments.

I've been doing ok on a new account by farming Anakin with my 5x daily hard modes and not working on other characters. I haven't really missed Dooku.

Also, for new players, spend all your ally points. Don't save them. You can get decent characters from those packs (mostly you'll get crap, though).

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MoraleHazard posted:

Got my first Zeta mat this morning. It was a long slog to get DS ships, then get 8 ships to 5*, but now I'll be able to slog to ztoons and zheroes so I don't fall further behind in arena rankings.

I was thinking I would just delay ships and buy the zetas and that was a terrible plan.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

lol, wow, this was a terrible loving plan.

Yeah, that didn't take long for me to realize.

Unrelated: There's something that just feels right about using a Jedi team to soften up a Zader Node 12 team so a Rebel team can finish the job.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MoraleHazard posted:

How does one even do that? The 2000 ship currency for one zeta mat in the ship store? Or is there another way?

For the record, I blew off ship for a few months after they launched. I generally didn't want to be bothered with yet another thing to think about in a toilet bowl game.

You can get 1,000 welfare ship bucks a day easily so you'd get Zetas every other day. You only need 7(?) for the mats to zeta a character so every 14 days you could Zeta someone if you had the Omegas for it.

As it stands, I still have 0 Zetad characters so maybe I should have gone the other route, after all.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 11, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Can someone sum up what to do with 7* raid Han? I don't run into him tha often so Im not sure where he fits in the meta. Should I use him instead of Leia in a Wiggs/AA/Lando setup?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is it strange that I am encouraged by the game matching me with a team built in the style of a 1-5 ranked arena team on GW? That means I must be on to something, no?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

RC Cola posted:

So my arena team is sth, luminara, lando, jc, and clone wars chewie. What should I aim for next and who should be my leader? I'm 10 away from boba as well

You need Boba to act as a tank buster so that the other teams can't hide Lando behind a tank and just bomb the poo poo out of your team. Boba also kind of doubles as a second tank thanks to his bounty hunter buff. He can die over and over if you can just keep getting him finishing blows. He is rad as a squad member and super annoying as an opponent.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

RC Cola posted:

Also, what mods should I get?

It can depend on how you use the character but this is useful:

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If you started an account a few years ago (launch was fall 2015) and you haven't passed level 60, this probably isn't the game for you.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

I know about not spending money on card packs, but the game keeps luring me in and this was my morning haul. I started playing 2 weeks ago and bought 4 packs total, giving me about 13 characters. Among them Baze, from my first pack, and today his bro Chirrut.

Help me to stop buying while I'm ahead.

I loving quit.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

We should pin this or something:

How come I only manage to check the thread on days when people are just trying to restructure guilds and never the days when super useful stuff like this goes up? :/

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I pulled Lobot from a free card. What is a dumb gimmick team to use him in for an early GW node? I have a lot of gimmicky characters unlocked thanks to cards and free giveaways at this point and usually don't burn them early enough and they aren't very helpful by the time node 9 rolls around...

tadashi fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 31, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Shame you can only get Ashoka (Fulcrum) up to 3 stars today. Like, cool, I've got her, but until they open ways to get more shards she's basically useless.

I know it's common, I was just spoiled by the R2 event recently. Hopefully shards for her start coming up in the fleet store or something like that soon.

Her character design is awesome, though.

Immune to dots is a cool feature. Will she hit hard enough to warrant a spot in a rebel team?

Also, it's bs that Kanan and Ezra are Jedi but not her. I understand why that is from a logistical standpoint but she actually trained under a Knight and fought alongside Jedi Masters. In Rebels, it's clear she's still connected to her roots. If you're going to split hairs like this, then ST Han still doesn't belong with Rebels and Barriss doesn't really belong with the Jedi, either.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 2, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Forget the Sith Lord Jar Jar theory, in the new canon, after the rise of the empire, Jar Jar, as a high ranking aristocrat with a meritorious military background, is offered the opportunity to attend an Imperial Military Academy.

Somehow, defying all odds, he excels. This was the structure and discipline he was missing all his life! Under the rigid order of the Imperial Army, he flourishes, even as he discovers previously unknown to him depths of cruelty. Little does he know, the Emperor's right hand has been watching his rise with great interest...

He's like that kid you meet in college who is always trying to be everything to everyone and then realizes it's much easier just to assume the persona of being a dick to everyone.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I got so happy about waxing a Chaze team on the final GW node I forgot to claim my prize before restarting :doh:

Also, thanks for all the GW advice in the thread. Priming Rebs early on works like a charm for my lovely FTP teams and using Han as a Baze counter totally works.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I only have Ezra and Sabine on my lower level account. I've been working on getting Wedge to 5 stars. Is it worth stopping to farm Ezra? I have QGJ, JKA, Lumi, Ahsoka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is there a consensus for best "Rebels" team? There are 6 applicable characters but only 5 team spots.