Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im2 had the problem of setting up the [element] poison as a major thing and then just magically solving the problem in a montage and never discussing it.

Im3 main issue for me was the ptsd thing where everybody is rightfully making GBS threads on Tony because all he does to placate himself is build more suits and when the time comes to fully psychologically recover from that (even though afaik that's totally not how ptsd works and it's making GBS threads on people who actually have it to imply that it is) he...repairs his suit. Case closed. Even though it had been discussed repeatedly that that was not the solution. And then avengers 2 crapped all over what character development had taken place.

I watched bvs ultimate yesterday and it was decent. My first time seeing it so i don't know what was in the theatrical cut and what wasn't but it was already hanging by a thread so taking anything out would've been terrible i can tell. Affleck was cool, fishburne was a dick the whole movie, Superman having existential angst was kinda dumb but at the same time this is a time when he's just getting started i guess and he hasn't really gotten to the point where he just has to say gently caress the haters yet, Lois was alright but honestly it felt like her story was there just because they had a big name for the role and had to give her something to do, wonder woman was cool and I'll watch that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh yeah and the guy from house of cards wasn't in the movie at all and Doomsday's first form looked dumb as poo poo. He's a literal troll.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
After batman was one of the biggest franchises of the last decade i think we couldve done without the origin story yet again

Just saw civil war for the first time tonight. Mega awesome but tbh its late and i dont wanna effort post about it rn. Just sayin

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Superman's origin is pretty famous too, but that didn't stop Morrison devoting the first page (and just the first page) of rear end to it.

It introduces a main character, sets up the tone of the film, is directly relevant to a later plot point ("Martha") and looks good doing it. It's the kind of scene the movie needed more of, not less.

It's funny you mention that cuz when he said Martha instead of just mom I had to pause the movie cuz I was groaning so hard. So incredibly dumb. Like no one calls their mom by their first name. So if I could change that and excise a completely useless scene at the same time that's just two birds with one stone.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FilthyImp posted:

Murdered Waynes doesn't even set up his stupid "My parents taught me you have to batter the world for things to make sense" speech at the end. Your idiot dad rushed a mugger that had a gun pointed at. What the gently caress did he think was going to happen?
It sets up the idiocy of Bruce running into a situation but I'm pretty sure the 2 hours leading up to the fight does that well enough.

I guess I should ask about this: in the comics does Thomas try to take the gun from Joe chill or not? The Nolan series made it explicit that he did not whereas bvs shows that he does. I know I know this isn't the Nolan Batman but it felt like a weird thing to change.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope ww doesn't tank and give disney even more excuses to not do captain marvel

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

I have serious reservations about a live action Kamala Khan.

I would totally be down for a ms marvel movie, but it would probably have to be outside the main mcu like the netflix series are

I dunno what it is but like i kinda felt really uncomfortable with teenage spidey throwing down in civil war even though i can kinda sorta accept it in the books

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

I'm still expecting Captain Marvel to get quietly canceled.

I really want a Carol movie but yeah, it's been delayed what like three time already and they still haven't even casted for it yet. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I liked the voice modulated Batman in bvs over the bale voice

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Having no idea what guardians was before the movie I really enjoyed it. I thought the characters were surprisingly likable, and the visual effects looked pretty good in imax. The thanos stuff didn't really bother me, although that does remind me I need to look into what the good thanos stories are.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think having Janet in flashbacks as Hank sees the legacy of ant man and the wasp being fulfilled by Scott and his daughter might work but i dunno how they would work actually bringing her back from like 20 years in the microverse or the quantum realm of whatever term they used in the movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If anything, they already did Janet disservice by implying she was too dumb to try something as simple as sticking the expandodisc in the regulator.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah having hank hit janet in the movie would look so incredibly bad they would never do that lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There are still two or three infinity gems that we haven't seen and need to get to earth by infinity war, right? Or have I already lost track?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

This is...good? Not good? Very bad?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is she a Republican

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I liked the part where they fought

And then that chase scene where they fight

And then that other time they fight

And that other other time they fight too

Oh and a bunch of other stuff

site fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 14, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It was either let her try or guaranteed death of dozens at least in the marketplace. A total no win situation. Forcing responsibility on her for that is dumb.

I'm guessing no one knows Stark is behind ultron save for the avengers because you'd think after that the govt wouldn't let him near a computer ever again if they're putting the screws to Wanda that hard.

Another thing is that wakanda wanted the clamp down on the avengers after this incident but i guess didn't mind the hulk and iron man wrecking a downtown area in aou i guess?

site fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 14, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe DC is hoping that by externalizing his method acting instead of internalizing it like ledger did, that leto won't end up committing suicide and they can make a sequel. Either way now the joker role has a stigma that isn't gonna go away soon

He sounds like a total loving rear end in a top hat though and I can't believe anyone put up with that poo poo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I thought he od'd

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So he looks like John Wick but he's really Ted Logan? That's awesome

I really want another John wick

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this? posted:

Well you're in luck, they just got done filming the sequel which is due out next year.

Here's a video of him training for the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

Best post of the day right here

Holy poo poo keanu tearing it up right there

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
We know what superheroes are but they don't actually exist irl

We know what superheroes are irl therefore they must have at least existed in some point in the past irl

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Haven't seen it yet but women on my Twitter seem to genuinely love Kate McKinnon's character, so it has at least that going for it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ImpAtom posted:

I saw it with my 11 year old sister and she loved it, as did basically every kid in the theater. So it has that going for it.

Kids know the Ghostbusters are cool af

When do we get a new cartoon? :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder how Ghostbusters might have been different if John Belushi had played Venkman.

Time traveling Ghostbusters in hell

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bb2k is objectively a bad movie but i still think it's a lot of fun to watch. Helps that i actually like some of the numbers they do.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I like that the outfit looks to be more colorful than the bvs version

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Had me more interested than the first bvs trailer.

It's a little thing but i like that her lasso is very clearly glowing and not just like..a regular rope that just doesn't break

WW is not bulletproof, correct? That's why their accentuating the fact thatball her armor is blocking the shots?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Barry was probably the highlight here.

Although the more more or more less exchange was good too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh one hand, I like comic flash's costume, on the other, I will admit having everyone in armor and then a kid wearing spandex would look pretty goofy. Probably doesn't need to be that excessive though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'll admit it's kinda dumb but the current Harley series isn't terrible and can be fun sometimes. And yeah she doesn't have time for joker's bullshit anymore. She hates him now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe he secretly lusts for death and wants her to kill him

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Race Realists posted:

LITMUS TEST!!!

Can you make it past 5 seconds of this Suicide Squad review video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBDPgE29bmU

The only winning move is not to click.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Free movie is a free movie yo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
12 was the one featuring Julia Robert's character pretending to be Julia Roberts for the heist and an EMP machine right?

lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

rantmo posted:

This was the logic that lead me on a 45 minute drive to a Chicago suburb to see Godzilla in 1998.

Godzilla 98 was bad but tbh i feel more for the fact that you have to drive 45 min to get to a theatre. Yikes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

rantmo posted:

That was the location of the specific screening I'd won a pass to, otherwise I would have stayed the hell in the city.

Ah okay, addendum: free movies are good if you don't have to drive an hour to a specific theatre.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FlamingLiberal posted:

aaannnnddd the DC fan meltdown has already begun

https://twitter.com/johnd0p3/status/760596902106787840

Signed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I dunno how much weight it holds with you guys but ca did not like suicide squad

http://comicsalliance.com/suicide-squad-review-the-dc-movie-universes-darkest-night/

• Locked thread