Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is kind of missing the point of those panels.

I don't think he was dense enough to miss the point of the use there, he was just saying that since some people were allowed to say then there was no reason he couldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

A Crisis on Infinite Earths movie sounds like the best trainwreck possible for the DCEU. I would love to see Cavill play two Supermans who are both wooden assholes.

If that happened there's no way they don't get John Hamm to play older Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Does brandon routh play alt superman or the atom

He plays Evil Superman #3.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

Meet in the middle, make him Cyborg Superman.

What about Dean Cain?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Tom Welling actually refused to play Superman on screen, so he's no Superman.

Refused to loving hard that they had to get a body double for the scenes in the finale where he flys up and touches the plane window. And for the last scene they had to stick the S shield onto him at the last second which is why it looks so drat goofy.

gently caress Tom Welling. I heard he was actually pretty upset that he didn't get a shot at this new version of the role and I just hope he sat at home crying over it for days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

If I remember correctly wasn't Paul Walker offered the role before Routh was but he didn't want to sign a long-term deal?

For Returns?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Victor Webster was also up for the role at one point, somewhere I have a magazine with a ton of the back story but Paul Walker wasn't mentioned in our anywhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I never read that before. There were a bunch of names attached to Superman Flyby in the early stages as well but we all know that went nowhere. At one point Cavil tested for the Returns role as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dario the Wop posted:

Also, related to the Bomer casting, he was cast as Superman in the animated Brainiac film years later. This is because the animation division is separate from live-action, and though it's never been said outright that's why he was cast, it's pretty clear people on the animation side agreed with Lurdiak's opinion.

Really random, that Brainiac film annoyed me because it was a fine pilot for a series we're never gonna get. It's just like Johns Brainiac arc, complete with the New Krypton ending. No follow-up. What a waste. That arc would translate really well to a season of a Superman series.

I think they planned to do a sequel but that film didn't sell well enough to warrant it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Jude Law would've made a terrible Superman but probably a good Riddler

Jude Law is a tiny, tiny man. I can't imagine hey could make him look big enough to be a convincing Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

But in GATTACA they said he was a 6'2" Aryan ubermensch.

Was the whole film a lie?

Well he was in the chair the entire time, they probably put a few phone books under him to make him look taller.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that's a little weird considering the director of Superman Returns is one of the most prominent openly gay directors in Hollywood.

Being behind the camera is a bit different. It was also wildly rumored that Routh was gay for a long time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

Jude Law is six feet tall.

He's Hollywood 6 feet tall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I'd fogotten just how much of the movie is scored by Madonna songs. I can't help but feel it was in part one of the many projects meant to turn her into a movie star.

Oh it clearly was. Problem was that Madonna couldn't act for poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Away all Goats posted:

They had to delete that scene because it makes the viewer think Jubilee is going to be relevant

Someone should go back in time and delete her first appearance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

They felt they needed to squeeze everything out of Jlaw before her contract expired.

But then she said she might want to come back for the next film. Probably because she's had a few films underperform and she's not the Hollywood darling anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CzarChasm posted:

I doubt that this will ruin anyone's day, but just a heads up - The Blu-ray version of Cap 3 does NOT include the Thor short. The 3D Combo and iTunes versions comes with a code for the short.

Not a deal breaker, but for anyone wanting to show it off to your non-internet savvy friends/family, you may have to splurge for an extra couple bucks.

Or you could just open youtube...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sion posted:

Jeez, WB are still going full bore with this whole thing, aren't they?

Yeah it's not like Suicide Squad was a massive success or anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

James Rolfe, the Angry Video Game Nerd is a big Godzilla fan and did a month of reviews of the series a few years ago
http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviereviews/monstermadness/monster-madness-2008/

This is what prompted me to sit down and watch every Godzilla flick. Thankfully i have a friend with legal releases of every film so it wasn't that hard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Highlander. :v:

Nope, one timeline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

So are they aliens or Scottish Egyptians?

All of the above.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

So according to behind the scene's stuff for Civil War they replaced every scene with Black Panther in the suit with CG.

That's really weird. So Boseman barely had any screen time if you factor that in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently it was kind of like how they did it for the Robocop reboot where he (and stunt men) wore a version of the suit, they just replaced it in post.

Okay that makes way more sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I just noticed there's some guy with no lines in the Ant-Man movie who very obviously has a Ten Rings of the Mandarin tattoo on his neck. Man, that's a huge throwback to Iron Man 1 and 3. I kind of wonder if they put that there on purpose or if Marvel has plans to do a more traditional Mandarin story at some point.

I think it's one of the things that they dropped due to the production clusterfuck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

False.

Chicago Style and Rhode Island Style Pizza are abominations unto the culinary lord.

Look at what Rhode Islanders call pizza. Gaze into the abyss.

Look at it.

What the gently caress is a Rhode Island?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chain pizza is the devil but none is worse than Noble Romans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pizza Chat now goes in the TMNT thread where it belongs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny_Rocket posted:

gently caress it, let's get Fing Fang Foom as the next big bad

X-O posted:

This idea I'm behind. But only if he still inexplicably wears pants.

Shane Black said that Killian was a mashup of the Mandarin and Fing Fang Foom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I mean what other villains does Black Panther have?

White people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Paltrow is awful so I'm all for never using her in anything again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

Sweet. If this is received well, maybe they'll eventually do a film about the rise of comics in the 90s with Matt Damon as Rob Liefeld and Christian Bale as Todd McFarlane.

In before some racist rear end in a top hat suggest John Cho as Jim Lee.

THERE ARE OTHER ASIAN ACTORS HOLLYWOOD.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Meth Damon does make a better Rob Liefeld than Matt Damon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Captain Marvel better have Jessica Drew in it. Though at t would be cool. If they also touched in the friendship between Wanda and Carol, even it isn't as iconic as hers and Jess's.

How exactly is it an iconic friendship?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
AMC recently bought the Carmike chain, I wonder if they'll have them even though they haven't rebranded yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Son. of. a. bitch.

The only showings are on Saturday when I am covering for a coworker's personal tragedy and Tuesday when I can not absolutely get off work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I got curious and checked and apparently Godzilla played at one theater only once today and there are no other showings of it anywhere at least for the next week that fandango is showing me???

Limited Engagement from October 11-18th. The local theater here just has it twice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The trailer is amazing, the synopsis sounds good and we all know Jackman never half-asses his performance as Wolverine. Is it possible they finally pulled this off? And it only took 17 years to get it right.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And no sign of a horribly mutated Thing playing stand in for the Hulk so at least that rumor is out the door.

I hope this is the future of X-Men films. Same characters but let's bounce around the timeline and tell better stories without worrying about connecting to the other films.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm still surprised that they are not going with Mr. Sinister or at least his regular name.

He's supposedly set aside for the next X-Men film that will partially serve as a prequel to Logan or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that the one probably set in the 1990s?

Yeah but they don't even have a director yet so who knows what's going on there.

I watched the trailer two more times, this flick better not be a let down, I want Jackman to go out on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

It's going to be Magneto running the mutant refuge, isn't it?

Maybe but didn't Mckellen say DOFP almost killed him? Dude's pretty frail these days.

• Locked thread