Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

John Stewart works best with the League. He's too much like the Corps too be the main character of a Corps movie without massive changes (unless you're going for, like, a space "Jarhead" angle but that sounds kinda awful) and doesn't have much supporting cast on Earth for a solo film. I'd rather he just show up in Justice League 2 since he'd be such a different personality from the rest of the team.

Other options include a Corps movie about four Earth dudes who get drafted at the same time into the Corps. Maybe three and have Hal as a MacGuffin. John, Kyle, and Guy are so different but have to gel in an insane space battlefield. An uptight but incredibly capable soldier has to lead an unscrupulous rear end in a top hat lawyer and an unassuming directionless artist in a war against the sinister Sinestro.

Winston Duke as John Stewart.
Joel McHale as Guy Gardener (Paul Dano if you wanna skew younger)
Steven Yeun as Kyle Rayner.
Tom Cruise can stay attached but he's Sinestro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't think cops are any less problematic than the military. That barely matters to me in the end but my idea stands as a cop film instead, but now Sinestro is a space gangster.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Not the best line and maybe not the best moment, but few MCU bits have made me mark so hard.

https://youtu.be/Q5OshhcQKDg

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wasn't there a rumor that Hawkeye was becoming Ronin in Infinity War? Would explain his lack of appearance on the posters.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Man, Alan Silvestri is back for Infinity War's score? Ugh, Henry Jackman was putting in work with Winter Soldier and Civil War. A lotta people rag on MCU movies for their scores, but I dig them. Silvestri did First Avenger and The Avengers and both are among the weaker scores (only better than the first two Thors). Jackman's Civil War score was killer. Such a bummer. I hope Silvestri learns to remember motifs from other movies he didn't score this time (like Elfman did in AoU). It would be a shame to not have the Guardians' motif not show up when they do.

Also the worst movie I ever paid money to see in theaters was Zoolander 2. I saw the Super Mario Bros. movie, the latter two 90s Batman films, Spider-Man 3, and lots of other garbage in theaters, but never have I felt like I was ripped off like with Zoolander 2. My buddy from high school and I had seen the first one in theaters when we were sophomores and decided it would be a good idea to follow it up with the sequel 15 years later. It was... extremely disappointing.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Apparently the Infinity War premiere is tonight. Time to delete the internet.

It's insane how little has been spoiled about this movie so far.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sim-bye-oat?

Tell me I haven't been mispronouncing it for years. I was under the impression it was sim-bee-oat?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

X-O posted:

I love the score as a whole for this film, but this track in the particular is a knockout. It's also from my favorite scene in the film: Thanos acquiring the Soul Stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXESYfjMGqc

Yeah, I posted maybe a week ago how I was worried about Silvestri doing the score. I was wrong. It's very good.

My favorite track is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a10dXUS3ch0 It's the last song in the movie, called "Porch." It's really operatic in nature. The villain has won, real low bass and cello, like a funeral dirge.

Also I liked Mantis sneaking around with her hands in a praying mantis pose. Not a spoiler.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Soul Glo posted:

hey i may get to see avengers this week but i gotta little babby bladder, can anyone give me a good scene near the middle when i should run to the john

Get the "RunPee" app.

Yes, this is real.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tony had a prophecy of the Avengers defeated after coming into contact with the Mind Stone in Age of Ultron.

Thanos also once had the Mind Stone.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Thanos Quest
The Thanos Imperative
Marvel: The End
... Pet Avengers?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lol what's a sequel?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Deadpool 2 is very funny. Not as good as the first movie, but Domino and Cable are very worthy additions to the franchise and I want more of them.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

He just doesn't have the look. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Aphrodite posted:

When you do the most racist show on TV for 5 years, that qualifies.

It was literally on for the same amount of time as Last Man Standing, so definitely not.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Aphrodite posted:

Eh, overrated. It also kind of flopped.

And he’s no Rock.

We get it. You think James Gunn is a pedophile.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's probably in the top five costumes of the past decade. It's very good.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've been working on a new thread. I'll drop it when the Avengers trailer drops or the end of the month.

Make your peace with this phase of the SACU.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BrianWilly posted:

Coulda had better writing.

Honestly, I know there was some behind the scenes stuff with Edgar WrightWaterhaul but I think Peyton Reed X-O has taken the reigns and done a better job than we could have anticipated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

*snaps*

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875937

• Locked thread