Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Rebirth 3 is actually... way longer than I expected. How many chapters is this, since I can't check by Steam achievements (they're all hidden)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Okay, I'm nearly there then, just got to 7 before bed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Okay. I'll look up the stuff but I should be good since I read and watch everything.

I'm only here for the jokes, damnit.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
These post-game events are deliciously dumb. "I never want to go to another concert with these two again" was a callback I didn't see coming.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 30, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

That's just a weird thing about Steam, if one of a game's installers or something updates, any title you have installed with that as part of the package 'patches'. If a really common program has an update and you have like... 20 games using some audio driver installed, expect about 16 4mb "patches" to download without any info.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

HGH posted:

I think that's the cheapest VII's been too, they've been keeping it more or less full priced for a while.

I just wish the drat DLCs would get any kind of pricedrop on PC.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I have just reached my first Giant Battle in VII and this is the best. I am entirely getting why y'all called this such a huge leap forward for the series.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Okay, so now that I'm in... I guess I'd call this "act II" with the switch to the Golden Trio, do I need to start doing anything specific/watching out for special ending triggers, or did they just go ahead and make this one single-path only?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh, no, I wasn't gonna flip or anything, I just wanted to know earlier than later if there was some kind of "if you do X/do not do Y you gently caress yourself out of one or more endings" thing. NG+ seems like a good way to do that then.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I bought a select few packs before I started the game, I just got picky rather than tossing everything in the cart since it never discounts. The only character I grabbed was God Eater to dick with a buddy of mine who kept trying to push the game on me.

"Hey yeah I bought God Eater now."
"Oh you're probably gonna hate some of the cast, but-"
"No there's only one of them, so if she sucks I sideline her"
"..."

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
So did they change localization teams between Rebirth 3 and VII? Because I feel like there's definitely a different spread of references in this one.

Specifically, I know drat well there weren't this many JBA jokes in the Rebirths.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Takoluka posted:

However, I haven't seen the original JP text, and, since Nep is super meme-filled in the original scripts too, the JJBA stuff might actually be straight translations!

I mean, it's totally possible, it just feels different after playing the others over the past year. I wondered if it was just coincidence when Big Nep was DIOing at higher combos, but then I got C-Sha in the party, and, well...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Man, you know what's too loving real right now? The Vert/Nepgear event about news aggregators and information manipulation. Yeesh.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Takoluka posted:

Nep is real.

e: if you have screenshots or a youtube link, please post, because i don't remember this verbatim and am curious

I think these are in order...

One gallery, coming right up.

I'm not sure if more of this is coming, I'm still not done with the chapter, but boy did that whole section leave me tugging my collar nervously

edit: oh my loving god S-Sha's backstory dump

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 8, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Takoluka posted:

Nepgear best Gear.

It's true.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I've joked for a bit that I see way too much of myself between Neptune and Vert but this is almost word for word a conversation I've had in my relationship:

CPU thing aside, I guess.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I gotta back that, Vert's great.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
After a busted PC and Nier: Automata kept me out of it, I've finally begun the back half of VII.

The CPU dream sequences, Neptune aside, were every stupid thing I could want and more.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

I am officially into this buddy cop duo.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Vert loving when

Yeah, this.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh my god how did nobody tell me Nep vs. SeHa ran on BoF: Dragon Quarter reset loops, I wouldn't have set this down for so long if I knew

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

CrashCat posted:

That sounds weird, but it's sitting in my backlog stack too. I'm curious what they did now...

If you actually want to know:

The game's time travel mechanic lets you pick one quest at a time. Whenever it ends, be it by you abandoning it or completing it, time moves by one unit. At a certain point, you're forced to eat a loss because you have too many quests to do without enough time. This will introduce the Time Eater into the library and you a) have to choose what buff it gets for eating a quest, and b) die to it, restarting the game.

You are then at the opening again with both of your protags and Nep aware they just time-looped and being aware the Time Eater is in the library. All the quests you did are done, everything eaten returns, and you now get to revisit destroyed timelines and further alternate plots. It looks like creating loops intentionally may be a mechanic any time you're eating poo poo or running low.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Literally the last thing I needed to know, you monster, but when it's at 90% off on some of them with the Monthly discount...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Misery is kind of my schtick, of COURSE I bought the inferior one too.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I am actually proud of these writers for the slow burn reveal of time being broken and how it relates to Nepgear.

"Oh my god. Mega Drive is right."

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Try to bomb a time as soon as possible but only if it's one of them, not like, 5, going to eat it. The sooner you do that, the sooner you can open the loop mechanic with as little collateral as possible against you.

I say this as the dude who bombed 6 at once. Oops.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
We have a PC release date for 4GO. 2/27.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Neplunker owns and it was designed just for me, and I don't care.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

numerrik posted:

What’s gooncensus on seha? I’m thinking about it.

I have 4GO ready to start soon so keep that in mind, but of all the rest SeHa is hands down the best side game and could easily have been a mainline release if you ask me

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Sivek posted:

What's the gameplay like for the sega girls game? Only Neptunia I've played is a bit of Rebirth 1 which I quit after a few hours. I like the sega girls but if it's more slow, super brainless turn-based combat, I'll pass.

Combat runs a lot faster, and I've described it before as a successor to Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - you are going to run out of time, and you have to loop the game with more strength and cleaning up quests to make further progress.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
You will 1000% require multiple loops.

I will actually give you a tip here that is a slight spoiler but will help immensely if you want it: Deliberately make ONE quest fail early rather than trying to do as many at once as you can. If you do the latter, it will result in 3-5 crashing at once your first failure, and every one that goes over powers up the end boss.

After the first loop, you can just reset at any time, and this won't be a problem unless you're stubborn.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yeah. In that case, do whatever, and realize that only one thing is missable if you want a full 100% run (don't loving do this) - you can get screwed out of coin/chest collection by the giant arcade growing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It does. From memory it's on top of the tower in the corner (to your right when you come in) you have to climb via fence-ladder.

You also need to remember that every time you unlock one you have to do it 3/2/1 times. 3 for the 1-floor since it's in three time periods, 2 for the 2 floor for that reason, and 1 for the final upgrade in the last era.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I've just started Cyberdimension and this game is already my kind of stupid. Thanks, Vert. Thert.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
They just released new DLC for Cyberdimension to coincide with this sale.

In the process, they broke the game pretty bad in a lot of little ways. Random UI elements are now in the wrong languages, the DLC itself doesn't seem to be on sale in all regions, and even the ones it is for sale in aren't showing it. There's also a very weird bug with sound now where one of the battle effects begins ducking voiced lines and everyone sounds like they're in a trash can as a result.

So of course this means I stayed up all night finishing the campaign.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Boy that post-game sucked and had no real point. At least usually if I go through the crappy sidequests at the end i get a bonus scene and not just a crown on my save file.

Also: boy, princess and kirio are the worst NPCs I've seen in this series who didn't molest a kid

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
This franchise grows more exhausting by the announcement at this point

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Takoluka posted:

do i really need a mousepad

...maybe

This is me right now, because at that size it would be a really good desk topper.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yeah, of those, Cyberdimension is the best that you haven't played already, 4GO is still a far cry from VII even if it's one of the better spinoffs.

You peaked early in SeHa Girls though. Best spinoff title by a mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
We have what may be a sim game of some kind coming soon, more details next week.